Cleveland Botanical Garden Reviews

Cleveland Botanical Garden 2
Cleveland Botanical Garden 3
Cleveland Botanical Garden 4

Colleen · Married on 10/01/2016

We had our wedding ceremony at the botanical gardens. They were able to work with our budget and our guest count. Bridget was our main contact at BG and she was absolutely amazing! She helped coordinate everything prior to the wedding and on the wedding day. The best part is , we were able to take pictures in our ceremony space and go in to the beautiful gardens after to take pictures. We received so many compliments at how beautiful the ceremony space was. I was in the Japanese garden and there is an amazing stone staircase that my father walked me down. It is not as scary as it looks but do a practice run first :) The other great part, while we went to take pictures, the guests were able to use that time to explore the botanical gardens at no additional cost. Best decision we made!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Meg · Married on 10/10/2015

Outstanding! This is a beautiful venue with some amazing locations for ceremonies and for pictures. Bridget and Peggy (from Bon Appetite Catering) were both so helpful and flexible and enthusiastic. Bridget was able to schedule us in to show us the venue during the short break we were home for the holidays, and again when we needed to schedule a visit for a brief trip home for some wedding planning, and again (!!!) a few days before the wedding when we needed to get the seating chart together. She was very patient as we tried to decide between available dates, and then later as we tried to decide between different locations for the ceremony. She even solved a last minute semi-crisis about how to get me into the venue without guests seeing and other last minute challenges that popped up. Peggy was a joy to work with- she helped us come up with an excellent menu that fit a wide range of needs from how we wanted it set up to what food we wanted available, taking care of the small children, all of it. The food was to die for. I am still salivating at the biscuits, barbecue chicken. If you use this venue, start with the mint lemonade ready for guests as they walk in- we are still getting compliments on it. The kids and some of our more introverted guests loved being able to walk through the different gardens and treehouse exhibit in the evening. We weren't even worried about rain because of the spectacular indoor locations. We didn't have to worry about a thing because Bridget and Peggy were on it. Most of all, this is a gorgeous location. We couldn't be happier with the how it all turned out, especially the pictures. You won't regret having your wedding here!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Jenna · Married on 09/26/2015

The Botanical Garden was a perfect location for our ceremony. A friend had gotten married there and on a whim I had called for availability. They didn't have any openings for our day, but I received a call a couple of days later that a bride had move her wedding to the following year and they now had an opening. I really appreciated that Bridget had remembered me because our ceremony and day couldn't have been more perfect! We had incredible weather for September and were able to have the ceremony outside in the Japanese Garden. The garden includes a back-up inside venue in case the weather is bad which is one less thing to worry about. We got tons of compliments from our guests about the ceremony and how they enjoyed walking around the garden afterwards. Bridget and the staff were very responsive and easy to coordinate with. She answered all our questions promptly. I am so glad we decided to use the Garden as the pictures came out amazing!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Amazing place. Very flexible with outdoor ceremony. Very organized the day of to coordinate everything. They did a lot of the work so we could really enjoy the day. A but costly, but worth it!

Sent on 09/21/2014

kristina · Married on 09/13/2013

The staff at the Botanical Gardens are exceptional. So professional, fun to work with, and really want you to have everything you want on your wedding day. I am so glad we decided to get married here and our day was beautiful. Our food was also phenomenal!

Sent on 02/04/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/26/2013

We had our ceremony at the CBG in the Japanese Garden and it was absolutely PERFECT! Paula was absolutely GREAT to work with every step of the way! She always returned my emails and phone calls and was always pleasant to speak with. Not only was she great to work with the whole year leading up until the wedding day...on the wedding day her and her team BLEW ME AWAY with how precise they were and had everyone in their place at the right time! I cannot say enough great things about having our wedding at the CBG. Not only did my guests rave about the venue and love the place, I also had vendors who had great things to say about the weddings they had been to there and were excited to be a part of ours. I would HIGHLY recommend the CBG for a wedding. It was worth every penny we spent!!! Thank you, Paula :)

Sent on 06/08/2013

Our wedding at CBG was beautiful and everything we dreamed it would be. There are so many perfect locations within the garden for the ceremony, cocktails and reception that it was a tough decision deciding which garden to use, but Paula offered suggestions and guidance, and our rose garden ceremony was perfect. Many of our guests have told us it was the most beautiful wedding they attended, and the best wedding food they have eaten. The staff was great, they made sure we were where we needed to be for the ceremony, and during cocktails and the reception we were well taken care of. We were very happy we chose CBG for our ceremony and reception and would recommend them to anyone looking for a beautiful venue.

Sent on 08/05/2014
  • Valerie

Valerie · Married on 05/23/2014

The gardens provided us a beautiful venue for our wedding and it's reception! Everyone loved the gardens and the space in general. The staff here is so professional and everything flowed so well!

Sent on 05/29/2014
  • Pratima

Pratima Karnik · Married on 07/05/2019

Excellent Venue for outdoor or indoor weddings

We had our daughter’s dream wedding on July 5th at the Cleveland Botanical Garden. Our guests described it as magical and beautiful fairy tale wedding. Allison from CBG and Peggy from Bon Appetit worked with us from the beginning to the big day and helped answer every little question and concern that we had. Everything worked very well and as we had planned! Even the weather co-operated and although it rained heavily in the morning and thunderstorms were in the forecast, everything cleared up during the ceremony and cocktail hour. My daughter had her ceremony in the Japanese/ Sunken Garden which is just a gorgeous venue site. She had the cocktail hour on the Geis Terrace and dinner in Woodland Hall which worked out beautifully for us. Kudos to Allison, Paula and Peggy and her team for a great job!! I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!!!

Sent on 07/19/2019
    Cleveland Botanical Garden 5
    Cleveland Botanical Garden 6
    Cleveland Botanical Garden 7
    Cleveland Botanical Garden 8

Samantha · Married on 06/30/2012

The whole crew at the Botanical Gardens were so great to work with. They listened to my concerns before the wedding and helped me organize the event in a way that was perfect for us. The Glasshouse was a great spot to greet guests, and the Rose Garden was so lovely for our ceremony. During the event, the servers made sure I was eating here and there and I always had what I needed (ie champagne). The food was delicious and the meal was specifically geared to our tastes and the theme of the event. Overall, we were so happy we decided to get married at the Gardens. Our guests said it was the most beautiful wedding they've been to.

Sent on 08/02/2012

Jane · Married on 08/08/2015

This was a beautiful setting for a wedding! The grounds are gorgeous! My son and daughter-in-law had their wedding here. It was a perfect summer day. The ceremony and cocktails hour were in a beautiful garden setting! Everything was fantastic!

Sent on 12/05/2015