59 Reviews for Classy Cakes by Lori

Nut Free (2)
Diabetic (1)
Lactose Free (1)
Vegan (1)

Lori has been amazing so far. She was recommended to us by my cousins. She was easy to contact and has been really easy to work with. The tasting was OMG... Go with an empty stomach ;). I cannot wait to see the cake and cupcakes on our wedding day!! Extremely reasonable on pricing and delivery!

Profile Picture Mandi, 10/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Lori was absolutely amazing from the tasting all the way up to our wedding day. My mom, sisters and I met up with Lori at her place a few months before the wedding to try cake. Lori had what we requested ready to go, but she also had a few extra flavors that we weren’t expecting. We ended up choosing a flavor that wasn’t on our original menu, so I was so glad that she had the foresight to whip up a few extra tastes for us.
We had a five tier cake that consisted of three flavors: White Almond with raspberry mousse filling, Mexican Vanilla with strawberry mousse filling and Milk Chocolate with oreo mousse filling. Everyone raved about how good the cake was. We even had a few special Mexican Vanilla cupcakes made for our gluten free friends and made it a point to tell us how wonderful they were after the wedding.
I also couldn’t believe how beautiful the cake turned out. Lori brought the cake in the afternoon and had it set up before the photographer began taking photos of the reception hall. Although it was a simple design, Lori absolutely nailed what we asked for and we couldn’t have been more pleased.

I would recommend classy cakes any day and hope to use Lori for other events in the future!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Laura, 6/2/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Fresh Fruit, Cakes, Cupcakes, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Gluten Free

We are so glad we chose Classy Cakes by Lori for our wedding cakes. The entire process was easy and super affordable which was a huge plus given that many of the wedding bakers around town not only made it difficult to get tasting appointments but they were very overpriced in our opinion. I really didn't give Lori much direction (not really sure what I wanted design wise) but she created the most beautiful 3-tier cake and arranged the flowers we provided. We will definitely use her services again.

Profile Picture Lora, 4/28/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Groom's Cake, Fresh Fruit

Lori was incredible at our April wedding this year! She went above and beyond, our tasting, delivery, correspondence, vision and taste. Our cake was exactly what we wanted and we even rented a cake stand which was very convenient. Everyone raved about how tasty it was and how it was so us. The colors and texture were spot on and we plan on having her remake a small one for our 1 year anniversary. She is an amazing baker and was one of our favorite vendors.

Profile Picture Amy, 4/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lori is amazing! Her cakes are beautiful and delicious, and she was so helpful and accommodating during the process leading up to the wedding ceremony. Very pleased with the result and would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Kristen, 4/7/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Fresh Fruit, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Cakes

I contacted Lori after meeting with our original cake vendor for a tasting and not being impressed with their flavor offerings or pricing. Lori blew the competition out of the water with her tasting selection and price quote. Lori was very responsive to emails to arrange the tasting meeting, sharing of inspiration pictures, pricing quotes, contract signing, anything I needed, she was an email away.
My cake inspiration photos included a pretty intricate fondant piece (The Millenium Falcon from Star Wars crashing into an otherwise pretty traditional butter cream wedding cake...groom is a big Star Wars fan). The spaceship was rice krispie treat covered in the fondant detailing...we cut it into servings and it was amazing... this is coming from someone who can take or leave rice krispies and usually scrapes off fondant.
Can't recommend Classy Cakes by Lori enough!

Profile Picture Kira, 1/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Diabetic, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Fresh Fruit, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

The cake Lori made for my daughter's wedding was delicious! We tasted other cakes, but none of them compared to Lori's. My daughter and son-in-law enjoyed the tasting with her and ended up going with a different flavor with each layer of their wedding cake! It was one of the best cakes (super moist and tasty) I have had and heard from several of our guests how good it was with different ones telling me of the different flavor they had! We could not be more pleased and we even ordered a small cake the next week from her because it was so good! She made it exactly the way they wanted it and was so easy to work with along with being super reasonable in her price! We are so glad we went with Classy Cakes by Lori!

Profile Picture Sharie, 1/6/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cake Stands

We were lucky to find Lori at a wedding open house. Asked if she could assist with a gluten free cake her response was nearly 'is the sky blue' - completely unfazed and comfortable with the request. With the idea of a gradated blue ocean cake where the top is white and the base navy she created an image of one diving into the depths, decorated with edible shells and on the day of the event decorated with the florist's flowers. Her tasting provided an abundance of choice, a sugar rush of possibilities. She is a classy baker and provided a classy essential part of our celebration. You won't go wrong.

Profile Picture Daniel, 12/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Gluten Free, Cake Stands, Cakes

Lori is an amazing sweetheart and her cales are just as amazing! We used Lori for our engagement party, honeymoon shower, rehearsal dinner, and wedding! As well as burthday parties and holidays that fell in between. Her pricing is reasonable and affordable and her cakes are to die for! Every event we’ve had surrounding our wedding, our family and friends were left wanting more of her sweet treats!

Profile Picture Keshia, 12/2/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

We couldn't have been more pleased with our wedding cakes. We were a bit nervous about ordering cakes because we lived hundreds of miles away from our venue. We met with Lori once and then communicated via e-mail and texts. Everything was perfect and just as we imagined. The cakes were delivered right on time and looked and tasted amazing!! Thanks Lori, you are the best!!!!

Profile Picture Krista, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake

My husband and I LOVED our wedding cakes by Lori! We both had unique visions for our cakes, and she created exactly what we wanted!! even though I don't believe she'd done cakes exactly like either of ours before. They looked perfect and were incredibly delicious! I'm still having people tell me about how amazing they tasted! She let us meet twice before the wedding just to try more cakes! She has her own flavors and they are FANTASTIC! LOVED the Mexican vanilla. I would absolutely recommend Lori! The price was also very low!

Profile Picture Kayci, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Lori was wonderful, and made a beautiful cake for my daughter's wedding last weekend. Best of all, the cake was DELICIOUS. We received so many compliments on the cake.

Profile Picture Donya, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was FANTASTIC! I'd been daydreaming about the cake ever since our tasting and it definitely didn't disappoint. It was beautifully decorated and all of our guests raved about it. Sadly, i just ate the last of it, but we are definitely going to order from her again. Even if we have to drive from Houston to austin to get a another one.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 3/5/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My wedding cake was absolutely amazing! Lori knew exactly what I wanted and made that happen. She truly works in the best interest of her clients and I couldn't be more thankful.

Profile Picture Jacque, 12/18/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We loved our gorgeous, delicious, and gluten free plus wheat layers of cake.

The tasting was so fabulous that it was hard to select but everything went well and the cake was spectacular!

Profile Picture Gloria, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lori was aaaamazing! She worked with our budget & gave us exactly what we asked for. I couldn't have asked for a better cake/designer!! Everyone kept asking where the cake came from & who made it, nothing but great things said about the flavors. I am actually going to go back to her for a birthday cake & will continue to use her services. i will recommend her to anyone, hands down the best service & cake I've had!!

Profile Picture tami, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lori is amazing! She welcomed us in her home for a cake tasting (which included A LOT of cake!) and all of the were amazing! We ended up wanting 1 flavor for the wedding cake, but each layer was a different flavor. For the groom's cake, we got half and half. I had ideas for my cake, but Lori helped me with my vision and my cake turned out to be everything I imagined and more! She was so helpful and accommodating throughout the process, and I can't thank her enough for how wonderful everything turned out. Every single one of our guests just raved about how amazing our cakes were! They were super moist and delicious! If you're looking for a cake that's beautiful but also tastes amazing, you HAVE to go to Lori!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/3/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lori was so easy to work with and understood the grand vision we had for our wedding cake and groom’s cake. The array of flavor combinations to choose from were incredible. The cakes were moist, flavorful and the buttercream icing was to die for. Oh it was soooo good. She worked with our florist directly for the flowers on our wedding cake, so we did not have to be the go between as other bakers wanted. We received many compliments on the cake! They tasted just as good as they looked!

Profile Picture Casey, 5/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lori welcomed us into her home for our wedding cake tasting. We tasted many flavors, and they were all delicious. We chose 3 flavors for our 2 cakes. Lori delivered them to our venue on time the day of our wedding. Our wedding cakes were very good, moist, and beautiful. She made the cakes exactly like the pictures we showed her and for a more affordable price than most other bakeries in the area. We received several compliments on our cakes from our guests. I highly recommend Lori! You won't be disappointed. Now we are just bummed that we have to wait a whole year to eat our topper. It keeps calling our names.

Profile Picture Raymie, 5/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lori was wonderful! We had our tasting in her home and she provided us with so many flavors to choose from-- and they were all GOOD. She made our cake beautiful, and just as I imagined.

Profile Picture Holly, 4/22/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

What we loved about her was that there was no limit or restrictions to what she could do. Some cake services that we reached would only create cakes with cream cheese icing (which isn't my favorite). Lori simply said she could do whatever we wanted, and she did. My (at the time) fiance got to have the iron man cake. Best part was that her prices were extremely reasonable. After visiting many other places, we began to assume that wedding cakes would cost us around a couple thousand, but when she told us our price we kept having to ask if it was for per cake or for both. We paid about $518 for both cakes when at other places, $500 would be for maybe half of their cakes.
The cakes looked great and tasted great. There were no "hidden" costs and she completely understood my fiance's "kid" side with the groom's cake.

Profile Picture Cara, 3/15/16, 9 Reviews
4.7

Lori has been so helpful and flexible in our search for the perfect wedding cake. She listens and offered some great advice when choosing our cake for our special day.

Profile Picture User5052863, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lori did an excellent job with our wedding cupcakes. We met a few times and every single flavor we tried was delicious! She even made 2 different flavors of gluten free cupcakes for our big day and you could not even taste the difference from the normal ones. She delivered them and set them up perfectly. This is not her full-time job, so as long as you are aware of that going into it, you'll know that she cannot always e-mail you back the same exact day.

Profile Picture User6472385, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cupcakes, Gluten Free, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Lori did an AMAZING job on our wedding cake she took the idea I had in my head and brought it to life beautifully!! The flavors were amazing and the whole thing was gorgeous!

Profile Picture Dustin, 12/11/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes
3.5

Meeting with Lori was great. The Planning along the way was great! She had all sorts of different flavors to taste and even boxed up the rest for us to take home. She really envisioned and helped me create the cake of my dreams. I was however disappointed that the cake didn't have all of the extra detail that we had discussed(that I was mostly excited for). We did mention it to her and she did apologize and she refunded a portion and offered a free anniversary cake to make up for the mistake. The taste of the cake was INCREDIBLE! The grooms cake was something that we were all very disappointed in. My mother-in-law was almost in tears embarrassed of the way it looked and thought that the way it showed up was not even close to what they had discussed. Made me pretty sad that she was not happy with the product that she paid for. All-in-all....I know Lori is a VERY busy lady so I understand but stinks that we weren't 100% satisfied with the turn out. I'm not one to focus on all of that to let it ruin my big day so I would say just make sure you follow-up with her a couple of days beforehand to go over ALL details if those things matter to you.

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/17/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands