Classic City Catering Reviews

46 | Pensacola, FL

46 Reviews for Classic City Catering

Lauren · Married on 05/19/2018

I am THRILLED with Classic City Catering! From the first moment I contacted them until my wedding day and after, CCC was professional, helpful, accommodating, responsive and just an overall pleasure to work with. Lauren took the time to understand what I wanted for my wedding reception food and bar menu and made it happen. My guests raved about the food, everything tasted fantastic, and the service was on point. Classic City Catering is THE caterer for Pensacola/Gulf Coat wedding, I'm so glad I chose them for my wedding.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Meagan · Married on 04/07/2018

We had a very beautiful wedding and the service city catering provided was above and beyond they took really good care of of all pop ur guest and us! They also made sure to check for allergy problems before they cooked everything insuring us that everyone is safe and the food is over the top! There servers we outstanding and super sweet we had a great time and great food thank you !!!

Sent on 04/16/2018

Dorothy · Married on 07/29/2017

We renewed our wedding vows after 25 years. I trusted Lauren and the crew to handle all the food and extras. We are still talking about the oyster bar, and the food after four months. We are very pleased and would highly recommend Classic City, especially if you are traveling from out of town and want everything beautiful.
    Dorothy Griffin, Augusta, GA

Sent on 11/16/2017

Marilyn · Married on 06/17/2017

They are the Very Best in Pensacola and beyond. Our guests were thrilled with the assortment of food and the tastes were WONDERFUL. The Lamb Chop Lolipops, Salmon, and the Beef Tenderloin were great hits. I was asked often who the Caterer was.

Clean up following the Wedding was very efficient. Left over food was put in containers and placed in the refrigerator. A huge basket was prepared for the Bride and Groom. I highly recommend David Penneman and his fine Staff.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Geri · Married on 10/08/2016

Classic City Catering went above and beyond for our daughter's wedding in Gulf Shores. The food was phenomenal; they catered the Mexican taco bar for the rehearsal dinner, with a gorgeous s'more/bonfire fete on the beach! The next morning they provided delicious breakfast casseroles, croissant, fruit, coffee and mimosas for the entire house so the wedding party could relax and prepare. Finally, the BBQ/Southern shrimp boil plus fixings for the reception and over the top service was my saving grace! I HIGHLY recommend David Penniman/Classic City Catering for any event!!!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Anastasia · Married on 08/27/2016

Classic City Catering did a fantastic job at my wedding. The food and the service were both great! I thought everything was reasonably priced, and it felt very upscale. My guests were very impressed! Classic City even helped me with the rentals for my venue (a vacation home). The staff was very pleasant to work with; I highly recommend!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Jennifer · Married on 08/13/2016

Classic City Catering is absolutely the best! We enjoyed every minute of our experience. Lauren was outstanding & very attentive, she took care of all details. This was a destination wedding and we had no chance for any tastings. We took a leap of faith and we're so happy we did. The chef put together a perfect menu based on our suggestions. As the bride and groom, we missed cocktail hour. We were so delighted to find that they had saved a plate of hors d’oeuvres at our table. The staff was the best. All the plates were piping hot. We're foodies and didn't want your typical bland "wedding food." The food was delicious. Everyone raved about their meals. Our bartender was outstanding and very friendly. We would recommend Classic City to anyone.

Thank you so much Lauren and the gang!! You made our special day even more special.

Sean & Jennifer
    8/13/2016 :)

Sent on 10/08/2016

Very creative and always fits your vision and needs

Sent on 03/10/2016

marcella · Married on 05/07/2016

I had an outdoor wedding and my planner said Classic City was the best...and they were! If there's one thing people remember about a wedding, it's the bad food. Six months later, our guests are still raving about the food/drinks! Every member of their staff was friendly and the food was cooked fresh on the premises and it was obvious! We were able to set up a tasting menu with the wines we were to serve and Classic City did the perfect tasting for us to decide what went best. The servers were flawless in their serving of the correct wine with each dish. The seafood gumbo is to die for! They also created our dessert bar perfectly with mini-desserts to hit every kind of sweet tooth. I never spoke to the bartender, but my guests loved him! All in all, they were better than I could've hoped for and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 11/09/2016

Classic city catering did a wonderful job at my wedding! The food was delicious. The staff was awesome and very attentive. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/30/2016

Meredith · Married on 06/06/2015

Our food was delicious! David at Classic City is so talented. We did a tasting, and the hardest part was deciding what to serve - EVERYTHING was delicious! Lauren stayed on top of everything beforehand, and I thought everything turned out perfectly! Our guests raved about all of our food. For drinks, we did beer, wine, and signature cocktails and our guests really enjoyed everything. We also had special glasses for the signature cocktails which added a very nice touch. I wouldn't use anyone else! I only wish I could eat David's food more often!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Laura · Married on 05/16/2015

Classic City Catering was outstanding. We live in New York, so communication was so important to us. They were amazing, kind, and very understanding. We loved talking to them and figuring out the menu. When we came down for the tasting we were blown away. It was better then expected. The food was amazing. My husband and I are foodies, and my mom is a New York wedding planner, so we had high hopes and high expectations. They exceeded all of our hopes. The day of they were amazing. The staff was friendly and sweet. I cannot recommend them higher.

Sent on 07/05/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 02/21/2015

Classic City was hands down the best part of my wedding (other than actually getting married!) Lauren their sales manager was so helpful, always responding to my emails and calls as soon as she could. She even helped me add table covers to the décor with only a few weeks until the wedding! We had chosen their Jazz Brunch for our morning ceremony/reception and out guests from the NE kept going back for second and thirds (my Maid of Honor even confessed a new addiction to grits!) The bartender was so sweet, he kept making sure I was hydrated as I made my way around to my guests and brought me glasses of ice water. Their staff were the friendliest and most helpful people I've ever met and I would definitely recommend them for ANY event.

Sent on 02/27/2015

Lindsey · Married on 09/12/2014

I wish I could give CCC 10 stars!! My husband and I got married in September 2014 on Navarre Beach, FL. Living in the Midwest, we planned everything remotely as we were hosting a destination wedding for approximately 75 guests. Lauren was amazing to work with - she was so detailed and focused on QUALITY to ensure our wedding was exactly how I had wanted it to be! I trusted Lauren and she was able to provide me with advice that I wouldn't have known not being local. Not only did she communicate well with us before the big day, on the day of the event, I didn't have to worry about a thing (and that was without a wedding planner!) - they came, set everything up at our reception house, and everything turned out BEAUTIFUL. Our guests raved about two major things that day - the band (Super Funk Fantasy) and the incredible FOOD - and presentation of the food - at least half of the guests claimed that this was the best wedding food they had ever had - and these are people who have attended PLENTY of weddings! We were so pleased with their professionalism and friendly approach. Thank you again for everything!! -Lindsey & Matt McNulty

Sent on 02/25/2015

Valerie · Married on 07/03/2014

Thank you Classic City Catering for your care, attentiveness, professionalism, and great food! All of my guests raved about you as well. I especially loved the basket left for us in the matter suit. I couldn't be happier and would recommend you go anyone needing catering in the Pensacola area. Thank you!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Leigh · Married on 06/28/2014

Lauren was extremely helpful from first contact until the day of our wedding. The food was outstanding and the selection to choose from is beyond compare. The service was impeccable and very attentive. Everything looked beautiful. The evening went by so fast and we were able to enjoy ourselves without having to worry about a thing. We are still receiving compliments about what a marvelous evening it was.

Sent on 03/06/2015

Samantha · Married on 06/21/2014

Classic City catering did such an amazing job for my wedding. I got married in downtown Pensacola and we wanted a light dinner with a lot of variety. CCC definitely delivered. From the get go Lauren made sure we knew they were going to handle everything. CCC set up the venue, made the food and served the drinks. We didnt have to eotry about anything. The staff was super nice and very professional and the food was a huge hit with our guests. Everyone raved about how good the food was and there was a nice variety so everyone found something they liked. CCC even sent my husband and I home with a goodie basket of little to-go food and champagne. I can't say enough good things about Lauren, David and the rest of the staff. They really made our wedding special.

Sent on 06/29/2014

My daughter married June 20, 2014 in a Pensacola beach wedding for a 130 people. The reception was in the back yard and under the pillars of the house. We used Classis City Catering. Their mission statement is certainly true; a full service detailed oriented catering company. David was very professional and easy to work with, we chose CCC bc of his reputation for food creativity, display and taste. David didn’t disappoint. The food was beautifully displayed and tasted fabulous. David made this event upscale in fact very upscale.His staff was also very professional. We never ran out of food nor did people have to wait in line at food stations or the bar. CCC also furnished the signature drinks (their recipes) beer and wine. The bar bill was not inflated the staff returned any opened bottles. None of the horror stories you hear about caters overcharging. We also never ran out. I would highly recommend David. P.S. Another couple had just attended a wedding at an exclusive resort in Pensacola they couldn’t believe how much better David’s food tasted and looked.ga

Amanda · Married on 06/12/2014

David was suggested to me by Kay Lee Events to do our daughters wedding of about 45 people at a house on the beach. We had the sugared almond salad with lettus, strawberries, oranges, and onions - it was amazing. The pecan smoked beef tenderloin medallions with sauces was fall apart tender and looked amazing when served. The Grilled lemon tarragon Chicken was flavorful and we loved it as left overs even better. The potatoes and cheesecake salsa bar was nice too. Basically everything was wonderful. The set up and presentation was pretty and elegant as well. It needed no additional decoration. We provided the liquor, but the bar was a much more extravagant setup than I expected. Just wonderful. David Penniman is a culinary artist and our friends were telling how good the food was the next day. Later that eve, I opened my fridge and all leftovers were stacked, covered and labeled. The top layer of the cake was boxed, wrapped and even had a bit of her bouquet was set on top. I'm very pleased. Would hire him again in a minute.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Amy · Married on 05/31/2014

We were delighted with our wedding reception. The food was incredibly good. We received many compliments from our guests about how wonderful our reception was.

• User4355018 · event on: 05/30/2014

CCC provided superior service and fabulous food for many family events at our home, including our father's post funeral dinner, our daughter's wedding reception, nieces' post wedding brunches, and most recently our mother's memorial luau. Our family and guests love CCC always.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Classic city was such a pleasure to work with! The food is amazing and he staff is very professional and friendly! They made our wedding so special for us!

• W

Whitney · Married on 05/03/2014

David and the Classic City crew are the best! I couldn't imagaine working with a more professional team. The food was delicious and we received so many compliments from our guests. They made sure everything down to the tiniest detail was perfect on our wedding day.

Sent on 06/18/2014

DOROTHY · Married on 04/26/2014

I would use CCC again. The entire evening was lovely, elliciting the comment that it was the most unique and beautiful wedding that they had ever been to..."

Sent on 08/29/2014

David and his crew are the BEST! They catered my daughter's wedding a few weeks ago at 5 Eleven and the food and service was impeccable! I am still getting rave reviews from guests about how wonderful the food was. Not only was it delicious, the presentation was exquisite! The wait staff was friendly and attentive. We are so pleased we selected CCC for our daughter's special day! Special thanks to Lauren for her hard work. If you need a caterer for any event, you can't go wrong with Classic City!

Sent on 04/16/2014