classic cakes Reviews

161 | Jacksonville Beach, FL

161 Reviews for classic cakes

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 02/18/2012

Classic Cakes is by far the best vendor for wedding cakes in the Jacksonville area. I am not a fan of sweets usually, and I was indifferent about the cake. But our first appointment was magical and delicious. I was so amazed by their enthusiasm and their vision. She got exactly what I wanted for my cake. Simple and elegant. And then came the tasting... and I was speechless. The peanut butter chocolate and white cake with raspberry filling is what we decided on. And I swear I could have sat there all day and ate that cake! They really got me excited to see the final cake at my wedding.

Once we were announced into the reception, the cake is one of the first things I saw and it was amazing. So beautiful. I was so happy with the outcome of the look...exactly what I wanted. And then it was time to cut the cake. The little sample bite had me running back to my table for my full piece. I was telling people to stop eating so they had room for cake!

It was amazing cake... and Classic Cakes was a dream to work with. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 03/07/2012

Deborah · Married on 02/17/2012

They provided the Bride cake and Grooms cake for less than what I would have paid to Publix or Cinnotti's for just the bridal cake

Sent on 02/28/2012

Debbie · Married on 12/03/2011

A lot of wedding cakes look really pretty - but lack taste. Classic Cakes not only makes a beautiful cake but OMG it is delicious. You will not believe how great their cakes taste. My only regret is that we decided on our flavors right away - we should have "tested" more flavors just to enjoy them. We offered chocolate with peanut butter and yellow with buttercream frosting, and most of our guests took 2 pieces - it was just that good.

Sent on 12/15/2011

Erin · Married on 10/29/2011

I highly recommend Classic Cakes if you are looking for not only a delicous cake but a pretty cake. Often wedding cakes look pretty but taste dry. Classic Cakes has mastered both taste and decor. We had their white pound cake with white chocolate ganache and fresh raspberries. It was absolutley delicous!!! Guests are still raving about how wonderful our cake was. Our groom's cake was their chocolate devils food cake with peanutbutter cups. Every bit of it was eaten up. It was so yummy. Carol with Classic Cakes was wonderful to work with. She was patient while we discussed the design of our cakes and helped give us creative ideas that only made them better. I look forward to using them in the future whenever we have special occasions.

Sent on 01/09/2012
  • Rocketdog

Sharon · Married on 10/22/2011

Classic Cakes is hands down the best cake I have ever had!! I already miss it! It's amazing that a tiered cake can still be so moist and tastey!

Our wedding cake has sugar anemone flowers that were beyond my expectations. They were sculpted as large as I wanted and had amazing detail. Their methods of applying the buttercream frosting are very advanced as it looked as smooth as fondant.

They also sculpted the Groom's cake which was a major hit! Thank you Carol and Classic Cakes for the most memorable dessert!!

Sent on 11/10/2011

Karen · Married on 10/21/2011

We used Classic Cakes for our wedding reception. They presented a cake that matached the wedding invitation perfectly. All I can say is "delicious". Best cake I ever had. Thanks Classic Cakes. Oh by the way, the cupcakes you gave us the next day..."fabulous".

Sent on 10/24/2011

GreenEyedNole · Married on 10/08/2011

Working with Classic Cakes was amazing! We didn't know what kind of cake we were interested in so when we got there, they had numerous books to look though to get ideas- that was really helpful!

We picked a beautiful 4 tiered cake with 3 flavors- white chocolate cake with white chocolate ganache and fresh raspberries, amaretto cake with light almond filling, and spice cake with cheesecake filling. All we (and our guests) said was YUM!

Also, they do not freeze their cakes so each cake is made on the morning of your wedding, which is great to know!

Amazing cake and great business! Thank you Carol and John!

Sent on 10/20/2011

Kaylie · Married on 10/08/2011

Carol is so great to work with! She helped us choose flavors and the design for our cake. On the wedding day, she delivered the cake and placed the flowers on the cake for us. And she took time to explain to my mom how to freeze the top layer so that it would keep for a year. And I can’t forget…how unbelievably amazing the cake tasted! Best wedding cake ever!

Sent on 10/25/2011

danielle · Married on 09/17/2011

Our cake was beautiful and delicious! We didn't have any left overs- people were eating multiple pieces! She was so nice to work with and make our cake special. She was great with the groom's cake and he had very specific requests.

Sent on 09/22/2011
  • W

Melanie · Married on 09/02/2011

I am SO glad I found this bakery! Carol was extremely accommodating and she really listened to what we said we wanted in a cake and offered advice when I asked for it. We chose three tiers and two different flavors. When we cut the cake at our wedding, we got to try a little taste before being pulled away for our first dance, and later that night I was told that people were going back for 2nd and 3rd helpings because the cake was so good! We didn't get any more cake that night, but we are having the topper remade so we can extend our celebrating and enjoy this amazing cake, just the two of us. Thanks, Classic Cakes, for helping to make our day spectacular!

Sent on 09/22/2011

Leigh · Married on 07/09/2011

Absolutely phenomenal. Without question the MOST DELICIOUS wedding cake -- or ANY cake -- we have ever tasted! Just incredible. Beautifully decorated and extraordinarily good. They also made a groom's cake, which was a work of art. ( I want to host a big party soon just so we can order another of their masterpieces. It is THAT good. )

Sent on 10/13/2018

Lisa · Married on 06/18/2011

My husband, who is not a big fan of cake, was amazed by how delicious the cake was at our tasting. He could not stop talking about! Not only did we pick them for our wedding, but I also surprised him with a birthday cake from Classic Cakes.

Our wedding cake was elegant and exactly what we asked for. Our guests raved about all the flavors we chose. Thank you, Classic Cakes, for the perfect wedding cake!

Sent on 06/28/2011

samantha · Married on 06/11/2011

The cake was absolutely beautiful! It was everything we described. They also made a 3D 1968 Camero, which looked amazing! It is also the best tasting cake in town!

Sent on 07/27/2011

Meghan · Married on 03/19/2011

Classic cakes was awesome!! We got sooo many compliments on our cake! My husband doesn't like chocolate or cake really so we went with a traditional white cake with raspberry buttercream icing on the top 2 tiers and white cake with white chocolate icing in the middle tier.... it was soooo good! Not only was it so good but it was decorated so beautifully! They were so easy to work with and the cake tasting was so much fun! Definately check them out!!

Sent on 03/29/2011
  • F

Jennifer · Married on 10/16/2010

We were having so much fun cake testing but we were sometimes disappointed with the lack of creativity shown by some of the places we visited. The last place we taste tested was Classic Cakes and let me tell you when we did, we couldnt stop eating the cake. The flavors were out of this world! Carol was so amazing at putting together an idea for our cake and it was like she knew exactly what we were looking for. And she was very very reasonable on price. She was very flexible and accomodating at all times and willing to provide us samples even after we had decided on our flavors just so we could make sure. We loved the cake so much just from the samples that we decided to have her make my bridal shower cake as well. We had so many rave reviews at the wedding about the cake! I will be sure to use Carol and Classic Cakes for any birthdays I have coming up in the future!

Sent on 11/07/2010

Amy · Married on 10/14/2010

Words cannot even describe how delicious this cake was. I only wish we could of had more. Rave reviews from our guests on it. Thanks guys!

Sent on 10/28/2010

Rothel · Married on 09/04/2010

LUV my wedding cake and sooo delish!

Sent on 05/28/2011

Ashley · Married on 08/21/2010

Our cake was GORGEOUS!!!!

Sent on 09/15/2010

Rebecca · Married on 08/21/2010

Best wedding cake ever! People are still talking about it! I can't wait for my one year anniversary to have some more!!!!!!

Sent on 02/26/2011
  • F

Lisa · Married on 06/26/2010

John and Carol were great! Our wedding cake and grooms cake were exactly what we wanted. All my guests raved over how yummy they both were as well as beautiful! Exactly what we wanted!!

Sent on 08/11/2010

Amanda · Married on 05/08/2010

The best cake in town. I have gotten sooo many compliments on my cake. I recommend the white cake with white chocolate filing and buttercream icing and the white cake with strawberry cheesecake filling and buttercream icing. We had a layer of each. They were so easy to work with and even rigged up the handmade cake topper so it would look great and stay standing up on the cake.

Sent on 05/18/2010

Jordan · Married on 05/01/2010

I can't tell you how many rave reviews we have received about our wedding cake- my mom even had people e-mailing her asking if there was a way to order smaller cakes from Classic Cakes! Needless to say, the cake was so fresh and delicious as well as beautiful. Carol and John were very flexible and easy to work with. Thank you so much Carol and John... we are looking forward to more cake soon : )!

Sent on 05/17/2010

Morgen · Married on 05/01/2010

The cake was beautiful and delicious! Months after the wedding, guests are still mentioning how much they liked the cake!

Sent on 07/27/2010
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 04/16/2010

Classic Cakes went above & beyond what we had hoped for....our cupcakes were DELICIOUS and the detail was fabulous!!! Thank you Carol & John!!!

Sent on 04/23/2010

Shannon · Married on 04/10/2010

I am not much of a drinker, so at weddings, I am looking for a good cake. My wedding was no different, and I found it with Classic Cakes. Carol was so accommodating and easy to work with. The cake was exceptional. We have had so many compliments on how it tasted. We had the chocolate cake with ganache filling, as well as carrot cake. They were both amazing. The carrot cake was the best we have ever had. Thanks Carol and Classic Cakes.

Sent on 04/19/2010