52 Reviews for Class Act DJ's & Officiants

Microphones (5)
Sound/PA System (5)
Do-Not-Play List (3)
Uplighting (2)

Class Act made it so easy it was, Great!
Ok, my wedding is so important and challenging Class Act really came through for us. We are kind of a modern day Brady Bunch. We have a handful of kids if you do not remember the Brady Bunch. We wanted the day to be about the two of us, but also incorporate the kids in a manner that celebrates our family, but also hold the special connection we have for each other.
For the first thing talking to one person and planning the ceremony through to the end of the night was so easy. Class Act had lots of great ideas to accomplish my vision for the day and they were also very flexible to make that come true. Little things like will my husband walk the ring bearer and flower girl (our kids) down the aisle to keep them focused. I could hear my guest’s give a big awwwwe. Tips like how to poor the sand for the sand ceremony. Who knew there were different ways to poor the sand and why?
Our guests did and singing game to get us to kiss and the ones that did were the next table to go to dinner. They worked well and coordinated the venue people, caterer and serving staff while working with our photographer to be certain that their needs were met to get us as many memories as possible.
The dance was fun and they included my kids and all the other kids in group participate dances. People danced and had fun all night and then there was my time. We had a lot of young families which means they had to get the kids home. Now it was my time. Class Act made the last portion of the night all about me and my friends. They brought me back to the time before kids and having to worry about others. My best friends and I were transported back in time when we go dancing at the club and tearing it up.
Class Act was masterful at keeping everyone totally engaged.
Randi and Nate

Profile Picture Randi, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant

Class Act can really keep the children having fun.
My daughter’s wedding reception had so many children at the wedding. We have a lot of your families with kids from 3 to 12. You know what that means LOT’s of energy. Class act had them engaged with so many things which kept them busy and they entertained us with the fun games. With things like Conga Lines dances, Mr. Happy Face contest, Hokey Pokey game, Limbo contest, Chicken dance, Circle dance and contemporary lines dances like the cupid shuffle and more. So what they would do is do some dance sets for the adults, and of course the kids were out the also. Then when the adults need to break, get the kid games going. All of the parents loved it. I did not think it was possible but my grandkids were wiped out at the end of the might.
It really takes skill to keep the guests 3 to 70 engaged and have fun. Thanks Class Act
Grandma Peggy

Profile Picture Peggy, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant

Class Act did a good job, we had so much fun.
We found Class Act on line. After looking at their reviews and talking to them we knew that they would work perfect for us. We planned the ceremony, dinner and dance ahead of time with them. They had someone in charge of all of the event management and MC work the whole day and also two DJ’s for the dance.
We worked in many special ideas that and kept our dinner flowing smoothly. We had an amazing brick over pizza vendor making fresh pizza. It flowed just as fast as any regular buffet but they were coming straight out of the oven and onto the buffet table. Our dinner was fast and efficient and they whole audience was engaged and laughing a lot.
The dance was great, we had so much fun.
Jamie and Jeremiah

Profile Picture Jamie, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant

Highly recommended!! Best night of our lives!

Profile Picture Brianna, 9/23/17, 1 Review

So Much Fun!
It was kind of easy when it came to picking our entertainment company. We are both twenty six, so that means we have been to our fair share of weddings. So many of them had a DJ that was boring or just could not get the crowd involved. I first saw Class Act when I was young and then several times after. In fact, one of my best friends had me in her wedding and also had Class Act. Time and again Class Act demonstrated how fantastic they have been over the years.
Since many of my guests had also seen Class Act before I wanted my reception to be different and special. Class Act really came through for me. First off we did a kissing game that got the whole crowd involved, everyone was laughing hysterically (by the way we still won even though we had some very competitive relatives). We also did the newlywed game and got advice from the oldest married couples during dinner. Priceless.
The people at Class Act coordinated the whole reception. They confirmed the program and needs of my vendors as soon as they got there. They made sure the picture of cutting of the cake was done before dinner so the catering staff could cut it up during the buffet dinner and be ready for when dinner was done. They made a quick seating change so that no table had to be removed for the dance. Otherwise my parents, grandparents, and handicap Aunt would have lost their table which would have been most unfortunate. If I would have hired a typical DJ none of these things would have been taken care of. Class Act was very in- tune with the newly married couple's needs in all the chaos of the night.
Oh my gosh, the dance. There was a lot of group participation events which our group loved. I had relatives that have a hard time walking, or never participate, out on the dance floor. Many of them were there after 11:00pm. Crazy. We had so many complements that night and the next day. Alex & Michelle

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews

Awesome Show!
Between Thomas and me we have seen so many weddings and our first choice was Class Act. In fact we had been at
dozens of events they have done so it was a not brainer for us who to have on our special day. We had them drive all the
way up to our event three hours away but it was worth it.
The planning was easy and fun in fact we had dinner while doing the planning with Class Act. They really know how to
treat you right. We talked to the party planner and planned the whole ceremony and reception in one meeting. It was so
nice to know that there would be continuity at the event. The person that planned the event was actually at the event
coordinating the activities. So we planned the ceremony, dinner and dance. Class Act provided the Wedding Officiant
with DJ and PA system for our outdoor wedding and a larger system was set up inside for the dinner and dance.
Class Act kept the guests engaged and we all laughed a lot during dinner it was so much fun. The two guys from Class Act
were amazing. They kept the party going all night. There were always people on the dance floor. They were great to
work with and had an idea for everything. They aren't your typical DJ Company, they don't work off of a computer and
just stand behind the booth the whole time, the MC goes around the room talking to everyone and the DJ will come out
lead dances at times. They are high energy and we had a good time. We are so incredibly happy with how everything
turned out. Thank You!!!
Anna and TJ

Profile Picture Anna, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant

We had Class Act for one of our other kids wedding. Class Act did a great job and we knew we needed to contact them right away in setting the date for the next family wedding. We got it worked out which was perfect because I like to have things done right.
My daughter was trusting me to make her day special and she knew I would.  A key element to that was Class Act. They send out a team of two people and they not only entertain the group they also help organize the event. The day of the vent there were several things that needed to be adjusted because f circumstances. When we found out how much the venue was going to charge for playing a video we contacted Class Act. They came through with a projector and screen and saved us a bunch of money. When my wife spent an enormous amount of time making a video  and trying to put it on DVD but could not make it work Class Act came to the rescue. They took care of it and at no charge. Now that is a CLASS ACT.
Dean.

Profile Picture Dean, 6/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I was so pleased! Mike was our MC of the night and had everyone enjoying themselves and laughing. We had 3 guys in total so everything was smooth and seamless. It rained and our wedding was planned outside but they adjusted without skipping a beat. I would recommend these guys to anyone. They can adapt to any and all needs so your day will be perfect.

Profile Picture Jen, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant

CLASS ACT WAS AMAZING!!!! When we first started looking for the entertainment we knew that our event would be a little more challenging than the typical wedding. You see our parents had been married over 50 years but they really never had a wedding reception and it was time for that to happen. My parents have so many friends and relatives we knew that there was going to be an older contingency of guests than typical.
Our venue actually recommended Class Act to us. They told us that Class Act has been playing at their venue for decades and they are the most attentive, interactive and pleasant people to work with. I took that to heart when the venue told me that on a given night they can do up to 5 events. So I figured they see everybody and if Class Act stands out for them they must be pretty awesome. Boy were they right. They helped us with the renewing of the vows, suggested a family bouquet which was perfect. Coordinated the dinner/dance and kept our guests laughing all night long.
We had to end the night early because they just tired us out. They really made it so that I could enjoy the event because they coordinated everything that night.
Heather

Profile Picture Heather, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Officiant

Class Act is always great!
Let me give you some background. My family owns a catering business called K&J Catering which has been in business about the same amount of time a Class Act which is over 30 years. Our business has two venues and we can do a half dozen off site events all at the same time. Here is the reality we see everybody in the DJ business. There is none that our staff talks about more than Class Act. We would love to see them at every event because their events are so much more organized and the people are so much more engaged and laughing than other DJ companies. It is so much better to be in a room where everyone is laughing and having a great time.
So when it was time for us to get married we knew we had a great venue and caterer (the family business) the only thing we had to check with was if Class Acts was available for us to do the Wedding Officiating and MC/Party coordinator. It was so important to have them, we were relieved to know that they could help us out.
Class Act helped us with every step of the planning for outdoor wedding and indoor reception. They worked with us because we had some unique ways of how we would enter the ceremony and a few other different things that make the ceremony our own. One thing we really want to do is a candle lighting but as you guessed it is pretty difficult to do outside, we did it as we started the dinner in place of a prayer. They were great working with us listening to our ideas and also helped embellish them. We loved the candle lighting to start dinner.
We did a “sing a song for supper” event where the people that sang a song with love in it got to go to dinner first and oh my gosh it was fun. Many other things during dinner had us rolling it was so much fun.
Class Act went above and beyond our expectations and we recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ that will keep your guest entertained all night!

Profile Picture Jeremy, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant

Class Act got the whole crowd involved!
Class Act was so easy to work with. We hired Class Act a year before our wedding to do both the ceremony and the dance. Originally we were going to have our pastor that we truly love do the ceremony, but he could not commit. A few months before our event he thought he could do it. Class Act was so gracious and totally understood they made accommodations to have him do the ceremony. Class Act people still provided the technical support for sound and worked well with our pastor and saved us some money also. It was so nice working with them for planning and throughout the whole process.
They coordinated our dinner dance masterfully by coordinating the photographer and caterers and venue staff they took care f everything. We were so engaged with our audience they actually had to suspend a kissing game we had going during dinner so that we could eat. So we woofed it down and they were back at it. I was so much fun.
Every single person was involved and we danced all night long. Any one we saw go home before the end of the night said that they were going home because they were tired.
You should have Class Act do you event and let them tire out your guests, it the best.

Profile Picture Kayleigh, 10/14/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We really like to have things done well, and we knew where to turn relative to the entertainment of the night. Class Act did my parents' wedding, my step sister’s wedding and we knew we had to have them for our wedding. So they were one of the first calls. It was interesting because they asked us to sit through a five minute short conference mentioning how important it is to make sure that we were getting what we really want and just because other family members had used us they should not feel pressured go with Class Act. Now I really appreciate the fact that they are more concerned about us than the almighty dollar. It was wonderful working with people of great integrity and a true concern for us.
We planned out a fun time during dinner and the dance floor was filled all night long. You know they do something that I have never seen any other DJ do they actually stop by each table and take requests and it was so funny because we saw people debating the best songs to play. I guess when you have a team of people there for the event you have the resources to do that.
Oh, and have you ever been to a dance and requested a song at the beginning of the night and never hear yours played. Class Act announces that requests are played in the order received that fit with the program that the Bride and Groom have set up. I know people have been frustrated at other weddings when they wanted to get a song and only to be trumped by a cute tipsy girl toward the end of the night. These guys go out of their way to make all happy.
I only have one regret and that everyone in our family is married now and we may not see them as much. I guess I am going to have to lean on my unmarried friends for that. If I have anything to say about it, I will encourage them to get Class Act.

Beth and Nathan

Profile Picture elisabeth , 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Officiant

Oh my gosh, these people are so knowledgeable and easy to work with. Whenever we did planning we laughed a lot, gave us a lot of ideas and worked in our own ideas. Who would expect that the planning would be fun?
As soon as they got there they worked with the venue and the caterers to make some adjustments to the layout of the room. There was no room for the Bar, The DJ and we were going to have to take down the head table for the dance. They figured out how to keep the same look and have access to the bar and DJ and we did not have to take down the head table which had some beautiful decorations on it. I do not think the typical DJ would have been able to do that.
They also provided head table Uplighting which put a beautiful accent on the decorations we had in that area. They had us dedicate a song to everyone there from the two of us to start the dance. This was brilliant because everyone got up on the dance floor, on the carpet and in the isles. What a way to honor our guests but it also got people going.
Our guests were having so much fun during dinner as they lead us through so many fun things. We danced a ton and made a bunch of great memories.

Profile Picture User7334337, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

LOVED! LOVED!! They went above and beyond what I had expected!! Starting with the wedding officiant services followed by the DJ. Our reception was so fun and entertaining!! It was amazing! I would recommend Class Act to any and everyone!!

Profile Picture Kristi, 8/21/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant

The people at Class Act were so easy to work with and it was so nice to talk to one person and plan the ceremony and reception. First off we started with our ceremony that was in a park off the shores of a lake. The weather did not exactly cooperate but the Officiant from Class Act made some suggestions which proved to be very helpful and make things better. The audio technician made some changes to filter out the blowing wind and everything went smoothly.
When we arrived at the reception hall Class Act was all set up and providing nice music for our guests and coordinating the other vendors we hired, what a relief. Our head table was beautiful with their Uplighting package and when I met them I was so much more at ease because they were so on top of things and professional. So many of my guests commented how much fun dinner was. Guest what all that much fun and the dance had not even started yet. Did I mention they had a MC/Party Coordinator and a DJ for the dinner dance?
During the dance they had great music and also several integrative events. One of the things they did late in the night was a Macho Man contest which was hilarious.
Class Act did “Amazing work, and I would recommend them every time!”
Chantel and Brad

Profile Picture Chantel, 6/4/16, 1 Review

We loved our reception!
Class Act did both our ceremony and reception. They were there early and helped direct the venue staff to set up for the ceremony which was outside. Class Acts party coordinator worked well with their staff and there were no issues which is important so I was calm for the ceremony. We had several people on how nice and short ceremony was and they particularly liked the family bouquet. Where we acknowledged the loved ones that could not be with us and other important people in our lives.
During dinner the MC/Party Coordinator, talked to all my guests and got a feel for the crowd, introduced himself and got requests. This was important because the time we had for the dance was short but important. Oh, did I mention my husband (now) is a singer, songwriter and has been on stage many times. It was my job to find someone perfect for the wedding reception. Class Act came through; he told the guys at Class Act that they did a great job interacting with the crowd and kept the guests engaged all night with great stage presence.
Class act was masterful at blending in our requests with the requested music. I was also relieved when one of our guests requested a totally inappropriate song and Class Act handled it brilliantly. They told him that if he could surf the net and find a clean version they would play it. I thought that was brilliant because if there was a clean version there would probably be about two words in it. It also kept this individual busy for about 45 minutes before he gave up. I think he appreciated the fact that Class Act at least gave him the opportunity to work together to make him happy.
I think it shows right there that experience is so important when picking your entertainment. They also did some interactive events during dinner, which were great.
Kristen and Jesse

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant

We saw Class Act live when in the twin cities. We had never seen wedding as well done in our area. When it came to my son’s wedding we really wanted something better than the local talent. We called and talked to the people at Class Act and they actually welcomed the opportunity. We knew that there would be some travel costs but that was not as important as having my son and future daughter in-law have regrets. I asked my daughter in-law (now) to call them, she was sold from the first call. Class Act help plan everything from the program, coordinating vendors, officiating, dinner and dance. After the event was over Class Act debriefed us and I was so amazed at all the things that had to be handled by Class Act which our guests never saw. There were so many family dynamics, guest uses, vender issues if I have to deal with them… let’s not go there. The few bucks it cost for a plane tickets is well worth it.
Thanks for going the extra 1,000 miles.
Luann

Profile Picture luann, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Awesome, A++
We found Class Act on the internet and after reading the many fantastic reviews we decided to check them out.
They were the only one we talked to that truly knew the facility and how to do the event at our venue. Our wedding was in a really cool venue called the Wabasha Caves. It is awesome but has some difficulties from an audio stand point. Class act included a wireless speaker to be set up in an adjacent area of the venue so that people in that area could hear the announcements. This really helped to include our guests in all the activities. I think another company would not have known and those guests would have been just left out.
Class act provided the Officiant and a small discreet sound system that worked beautifully without looking cheesy in our pictures. Once the ceremony was done the room was converted and voila it was time for dinner and dance and Class Act brought in a supper impressive larger system. There was so much work to be done Class Act actually brought a third person when they usually bring two to help with the conversions. They did that without charge to us. When I asked what the additional charge would be they said “it is your wedding present from Class Act” now that is a Class Act.
The party coordinator they provided was running all over organizing events reminding people of events that they were included in so they did not miss out. I am so glad that was not me doing all of that.
The rest of it the night turned out great and we had a fantastic time. These guys really work hard for you.
Check them out you will be pleased. Amanda and Kenny

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/25/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant

The guys at Class Act were great and a solid choice for our wedding in June! We couldn't think of anything that we wished they would have done differently. We really liked that they were more than a DJ in that they were interactive with our guests and included everyone with a few tasteful games at appropriate times and they were a big help in getting things together when it came time for the bouquet toss and other things that required specific people in the wedding party etc. Mike had a lot of helpful advice for planning as well. We hired them as an officiant also which worked out nicely. The first conversation I ever had with Mike probably lasted a little over a half hour and he had a ton of good advice before we even signed a contract to hire them so I'm sure if you'll give them a call that you'll see the difference between them and other DJ's right away.

Profile Picture User5529622, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant

My husband and I found Class Act through our parents, and we're really glad we went with them - they made it incredibly easy to plan from afar. We live in Seattle but were getting married in Minnesota, which Michael definitely kept in mind. We were able to accomplish most things via email, and he was flexible about meeting with us for a very in-depth planning meeting the one time we were actually in town before the wedding. He's definitely got a lot of experience, and he made suggestions about everything from aisle runners to processional order that were spot on.

He was flexible with planning the ceremony and very accommodating to whatever level of religious preference was desired. We wrote and read our own vows, and he worked with us to fit them into the ceremony. He also had ideas for unity ceremonies beyond a unity candle - we ended up not wanting to do any extra ceremonial bit at all, but some of his ideas seemed great for people interested in doing so.

My favorite part about working with them, though, was the energy they brought to the reception - awesome ideas for making the glass-ringing-kissing more exciting that got the whole room involved and having fun. Michael was both our officiant and our emcee, and even though a few things outside his control got delayed, he was great about working with the venue to keep things moving and getting the evening back on track without ever feeling rushed.

All in all, I had an absolutely fabulous time at my wedding, and Class Act was one of the most important vendors who made that happen.

Profile Picture Carly, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant

When we announced our engagement, my uncle came over to me and mentioned Class Act and said that they by far are on the top of the list. My uncle has been in the wedding venue business for over thirty years and can do 5 events at one time. He sees all of these entertainment companies. So with that kind of credentials I figure he knows what he is talking about.
I went online and liked what I saw and called them. Oh, my gosh. I had fun the minute I started talking to them. They did a great job of listening to me first and getting a good understanding of my hopes and dreams. Then we talked about the possibilities. Their experience and knowledge was astounding. I know it is crazy to say but the planning was actually a lot of fun. We booked them for everything. They supplied the wedding Officiant, music and microphones, and a wedding coordinator for the ceremony.
At the dinner and dance, they told me the success of the night starts by making it fun and engaging the minute people walk in the door. They were masters at making the event be all about us and our guests and not about them. Their MC/Party Coordinator was fun and well organized while the DJ kept the dance flowing and in touch with the audience. When we called them to tell them what a great job they did after the wedding, they were very gracious. They also told me about all the little things that went wrong that they fixed. For instance the throwing bouquet got lost and the MC grabbed up a few flowers here and there and made me one. I threw it that night and never even noticed it was different. My cake cutter forgot to get going at it, so they reminded her. She was overwhelmed so they helped cut cake. There are more things also, and if I would have known about them at the time, I would have been stressed and it would have affected my night.

When it came to cost, I found higher prices for just a DJ without the other person. Class Act, you are permanently on my Christmas card list.

Susanna

Profile Picture User4475506, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant

The guys of class act couldn't have been more helpful or more fun! I was so lost when wedding planning and mike helped me pretty much every step of the way on top of it he is an officiant as well! Everyone at my wedding had a blast and enjoyed it so much it's brought up daily! The games they play and the way they interact with each and every guest is amazing. They also offer up-lighting which looks great with a backdrop, it's one of their newer additions. Loved em!!! Highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Dimitra, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Officiant

If you are looking for an officiant, MC and DJ, look no further than Class Act. I have been to several weddings where they have performed, and Class Act engages everyone right from the start and guest just have so much fun. They start by coordinating with all the other vendors, to make sure it is as stress free for the bride and groom and their wedding party as possible. My son and his wife had Mike as the officiant for their wedding at their house, which was so relaxed and personal. We had so many comments on what a nice ceremony they had. Then Class Act raced off to the hall to make sure they were there before everyone else. They engaged the guests in some fun wedding games and introduced the wedding party as they came in. As the mother of the groom, I had many people ask me about Class Act, and complimented them on the great job they were doing. The dance floor was packed all night. I knew everything would be fun and entertaining when I found out Class Act would be the MC and DJ for my son's wedding. We were not disappointed!

Profile Picture Terri, 8/23/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant

My Fiancé was worried that I would just pick the least expensive DJ I could find. He knows that I watch the budget pretty tight. But I have been to some weddings where the DJ wasn’t that great and the party fell flat and ended early. So I did my research and asked around to many of my friends. Several mentioned how great their experience was with Class Act. My first impression with Mike was "he gets it." He knows the stress we are under putting the wedding together. He helped calm some of it when he knew all the right questions to ask; including things I hadn't even thought of yet. Mike knows it’s all in the details and he had everything well documented. By the time we were done planning I knew this part of the wedding would go off without a hitch. You can tell he has been in the business a long time. From the moment the music started until the last song those DJ's put on a show and had us dancing all night! Thank you Class Act for everything you did! ~Sharon

Profile Picture User4464070, 2+ years ago, 1 Review