Class Act DJ's & Officiants Reviews

• Nicole

Nicole Fredricksen · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Above and Beyond

These guys are the best
    Here is the crazy thing.
    We actually saw Class Act years before and the couple that had Class Act has become friends with them. We also found
    out the Class Act had done another couples wedding that is dear to us also. So we love the North Shore of Lake Superior
    and we decided having a ceremony overlooking the lake which would very romantic.
    So what is great with Class Act is that we could use them to plan and perform the Ceremony and the dinner dance. We
    did a light religious ceremony. It worked out really well because we have some very religious relatives that needed that
    element to be part of the wedding. The religious part was not as high a priority for us. What we ended up planning with
    Class Act was perfect. Here is the kind of amazing part. When the officiant started and made some comments about
    asking God’s Blessing we got a shorted little amount of drops on us. The timing could not have been better, then the
    officiant took the opportunity to say “I guess God is sprinkling some Holy water up us”. That little spot if levity helping
    relax so many of us.
    Our MC/Party Coordinator must have put on a few miles that night. So he was in charge of keeping everything flowing
    smoothly. He did a wonderful job but people gave him a challenge. So we had several smokers that they needed to be in
    a certain out door area for that. We had a beautiful view and many people would be outside. A couple of groomsmen
    would be sliding off and be missing for some time when they were needed for various activities. One of my guests
    stopped him and mentioned he was doing a great job but it must be like “herding cats” If we would not have had the
    Class Act guys there I am sure things would have been chaotic.
    During dinner we did a cute little game to determine which table would go to dinner first. They had us do the Newly
    Wed Game, good stuff. We had so much fun for the dance I booked them for and extra hour at the end of the night.
    Nicole and Tony

Sent on 05/18/2019
  • Andy

Andy Burton · Married on 08/24/2019

They were fantastic! Went Above and Beyond

I am the kind of guy that likes to be thorough. As best I can, I like to be certain all bases are covered. I played football
    and if something gets through it can be a problem. So starting out in my search I got a personal recommendation
    relative to Class Act and it sounded much better than others. Once I called and found out that they were very thorough,
    had great ideas and that they would have someone there managing the event the entire time we knew which direction
    to go. Our families love to have fun and our friends expect to have and elevated evening. They kept the party going until the last minute!
    We planned the whole evening out with Class Act ahead of time with our ideas and some fun ones from Class Act. Our
    family and friends were also working out some surprises with Class Act. As you might guess things got a little fluid
    because of all the outside influences, trying to keep our surprises and their secret, but they pulled it all together and still made it special.
    Their MC/Party coordinator helped with so many things like assuring the cake pictures was done before we sat down for
    dinner and the wait staff cut the cake for the head table. Letting our photographer know what possible photo
    opportunities were coming, so they did not miss anything. They even designed in a short time so we could get a sunset
    picture. The guests were having so much fun they did not notice that we slipped out a few minutes. Class Act captured
    their attention so we were not missed.
    Our dance floor was packed all night long. It is so crazy. Before the day of the event Class Act said that their job was to
    tire out my guys. I thought it was kind of a joke when they said it, but it was not. We were all wiped out. How great is
    that?
    Andy and Lindsay

Sent on 08/29/2019

Luke A Niemczyk · Married on 08/11/2019

Worry free and the best showmanship

Great guest involvement and outstanding Showmanship.

Two of us have been together for 10 years, we started dating in Junior High. Now we are in the mid-range of statistically
    of when couples get married. So why is that important, just to let you know that we have been thinking about a life
    together for some time. We have so many friends and guess what they are all either married or getting married.
    Sometimes it seems that a good share of the parties we go to are weddings. What that makes us is well educated on
    what we wanted and what we did not want. Sorry to say some of the DJs were not impressive.
    Class Act was great but we knew they would be because we had seen them a number of times before. So early on in our
    planning process we made sure that they could be there for us. So we like to be thorough when planning. Class Act was
    available via text, email and phone calls. It was great to be able to utilize all the knowledge that they have to help with
    the whole day timeline and schedule. We wanted the day to be fun and provide as much opportunity to make great
    memories as possible.
    Our venue was so beautiful and amazing. The one thing that was a little odd was that we had dinner on the main floor
    and the dance was upstairs. So Class Act did something brilliant. At each table they did a game and designated one
    person to be the table party animal. The table party animal was then instructed to get everyone on the table to stand
    and head upstairs. In the matter of just a few short minutes every single person was in the dance area for our first dance
    for the two of us, it was kind of magical. Here is something amazing they stayed up there the rest of the night. The
    people at the venue had never seen anyone make that happen so quickly and smoothly. They were great showmen and
    got people to easily follow whatever they wanted them to do. The dance was so much fun. Thank you, you all are truly a CLASS ACT!

Luke and Karina

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Denise

Denise · Married on 07/13/2019

Best Wedding DJS Ever

Best Wedding Ever!

Ok, we were both married before and that obviously did not go so well. We dated for ten years while healing over our past bad experiences and being sure of the future. Well, after all of that and combining of families we knew we wanted to have the most fun celebrations possible. So we Googled best entertainment companies in the twin cites and we found Class Act. We looked at their reviews and they were amazing. Once we connected and talked with the people it was perfect for us.

It was so nice having someone to coordinate the afternoon. They made sure all of the people we hired were on their job and working well together. I know that they had to prod some of them to keep things flowing smoothly.

I can summarize the day up, “It was totally awesome”. Our guest was doing a fun a fun game to decide who goes next to the dinner for the buffet. We played the newlywed game and they even found out who the oldest married couple was and had them give us marriage advice. Our dance floor was crazy all night. We had so many guests continually telling us how much they liked Class Act. Class Act really made our day special.

Denise and Rick

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Justin

Justin Kofoed · Married on 06/29/2019

Fantastic Night!

We had family members that knew the people at Class Act and had heard about all the great things they have done for so many couples over the years. When we talked to them, they were a wealth of knowledge. We knew we were in the right place so we wanted to be sure to get them to make the trip to Alexandria MN for our special day.

We did it all through Class Act. We had their Wedding officiant along with a DJ do the ceremony. Then the MC/Party Coordinator and DJ took over the rest of the event following the ceremony. It was really hot the day of the event so we had Class Act do a short but meaningful ceremony. It was perfect making it special, while also being concerned about our guests sitting outside in the heat.

So when it was time to get things going for dinner Class Act had already coordinated everything with the caterers, wait staff and photographers. Our Introduction was so much fun seeing all of the guest’s twirling their napkins above their heads for when we entered. Class Act had a really fun way of dismissing tables and everyone got into it and we laughed a lot. The toasts and Newlywed game was a riot. There was so much interactive connections they did a really great job at making it all about the people there.

There were still more activities for the guests on the dance floor. It is crazy how my friends and family we so engaged on the dance floor and it was packed all night long.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Shauna Paulson · Married on 06/29/2019

We had an absolute blast.

We had a huge guest list with over 400 total people that were going to attend our wedding. You know what that means is we really needed to step up with providing an amazing day.
    We planned all this with the party planners at Class Act. So here is what we had an Outdoor ceremony in a separate area. Followed with a huge dinner and feeding all of these guests in a timely manner and not having them stand in a long line. Have some interaction with our guests and some engaging toasts.
    During the dance we did all the usual dedication dances but we added a memorial dance where we honored the important people in our lives that could not be with us that night. Some of our guest’s arranged for fireworks and coordinated the activity with Class Act. What a great surprise and well done. When it came to the end of the night no one wanted the night to end and we talked the people at Class Act into going another hour. It was so much fun, we had a BLAST! We highly recommend Class Act, and we will most defiantly be using them again for our anniversary parties!

Shauna and Zach

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 06/01/2019

Excellent Ceremony, Reception and Dance!

My finance’ had seen Class act at another family wedding, but it was before my time. He talked very highly about how much fun they were, but I still needed to be convinced. So we talked to them and then interviewed them and then it was very easy to decide that they were the right people for us. One of the things they let us know right off the bat was that they were working for us and even though other family members might have some ideas they would give us the final say in all matters relative to our big day.
    So we started out with their wedding officiant and DJ for an outdoor wedding. We wanted short, sweet and simple while having some amount of levity and romance and they delivered. The ceremony we just right.
    We then progressed to our social hour and dinner. Class Act moved the sound system they used for the ceremony in the outdoor dining area while keeping the larger system set up inside with the bar and dance area. The announcements came over both systems so that everyone could be part of the experience.
    At the diner we did some kissing games where the guests needed to entertain us and we judged their performance with the kiss. Everyone was laughing the whole time. They released tables and escorted the guests to the indoor buffet table. I cannot remember all the fun things that went on during dinner, but my guests really embraced the experience.
    Once the dinner was all done Class Act had the guests make two lines and we walked between them from the outside dinner tables to the dance floor then they all flowed in to watch us. We felt so special and supported. It was also brilliant because it got all the people into the dance area and the dance took off like a flash.
    So we danced all night it was and amazing time. Too bad I only get to do this once. Maybe we will have to have an Anniversary party.
    Olivia and Sam

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon Knack · Married on 06/01/2019

Party Starters!

Class Act was great at engaging us and our guests to ensure everyone heard music they could dance to and enjoy. Prior to the wedding, Mike was really great at setting up time with my husband and I to review the details of the day, which games we wanted to do and what music we wanted to hear. Through prep to execution, Class Act enhanced our wedding reception and made sure everyone was having a great time.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Anne · Married on 04/05/2019

Great Party Starter!

It was fun working with the people at Class Act. From the first call I could tell these people have done so many events with all the ideas they have. Since we had a theme they found several ways to engage the guest’s which was so important for us.We went all out on this event with things like special decorations, a theme with our guests dressing accordingly. There was a photo booth, special games, and live performance like a circus act, catering, wait staff, bar staff and several announcements and more. Little things like helping set up other vendor’s video presentation and requesting a podium for announcements and including a platform for one of our shorter speakers. We did a “singing for supper” game to see who next goes to the dinner buffet. Our guests loved it. Who pays attention to these type of things, experts?
    The day of the event came and Class Act coordinated all the different people from all these different disciplines masterfully plus working in our needs at the same time while keeping people on the dance floor. We got all that for about the same price that other places were charging for just a DJ. Choosing Class Act is a no brainier people.

Sent on 05/07/2019

Elizabeth Benedict · Married on 01/12/2019

Fun Start to Finish

Here is the crazy thing. We went to several wedding websites and inquired about entertainment. Some emailed back and a few texted back. Class Act did also but they went further. They impressed the point to me that it is so much more important to have a discussion than just lob messages back and forth. They actually took the time to call and give me so much information and things to think about that I have not considered. The conversation was great it was informational and no pressure at all. In fact, they even said to me that “any company that puts pressure or special discounts for making a quick decision I should run from”. I definitely got the message that they were so much more interested in finding out about me and my wishes than just booking another show. Here is something else I loved. I told them that I was a type “A” personality. Most people get concerned by that, not Class Act, they loved it. They told me that the type “A” personality was one of their favorite type of brides because if they are good at their job that I would appreciate it. Guess what I really appreciated Class Act.

Their people established a good rapport with us. We planned a beautiful wedding ceremony, the officiant was great, funny and serious all at the same time. The ceremony music was spot on and it was perfect.

They helped coordinate pictures for dinner, released tables with a really fun game, brought equipment for a video my dad did, did some trivia game with the guests about the two of us and more.

When it came to the dance we did not want it to end we even had them stay and extra half hour. I can honestly tell you that for us, we have never been to a more fun wedding and this goes for most of my friends. Too bad I am only getting married once… maybe and anniversary party. I am sure I will see them again at a future event.
    Liz and Ryan

Sent on 01/20/2019

Taylor Curtis · Married on 01/05/2019

Excellent crowd involvement, really fun night!

We did a lot of research to find the right company for us and it was Class Act. They had great reviews, but that only goes so far because you have no idea what kind of people wrote those reviews. They were Couples Choice winners on the Knot and that really showed. Class Act does so much more than the typical DJ Company.
    First of all it was great talking to them and planning out the whole day, ceremony, dinner and dance. When it got closer to the event we had a special friend, we wanted to have do the ceremony instead of using their officiant, which we did not know, it was kind of a last minute thing. Class Act made arrangements to follow our wishes and accommodate the new officiant that knew us really well. They even included some extras that would make the event extra special. Not at our request, they just did it to be supportive and they truly wanted us to have everything perfect. So we had the ceremony at a separate location with people there from Class Act and others at the reception hall, taking care of the reception. All of that coordination was taken care of for us and it went off perfectly.
    Class Act had our guests involved, engaged and laughing from dinner to the end of the night. Both the guests that are the “watchers” and the ones that are the “participators” were all having a great time. People were on the dance floor continuously. Their MC/Party Coordinator actually got drinks for the head table. I am pretty sure both people that were there never sat down the whole time we were there.
    I highly recommend Class Act if you want a smooth running ceremony and reception with your guest’s total engaged throughout the night. All my guests and my family were blown away from Class Act. They all said it was the most fun wedding they had attended, largely in part from Class Act’s amazing work.
    Taylor and Brice

Sent on 01/15/2019

Claire Williamson · Married on 10/06/2018

Claire & Shawn Williamson

He went above and beyond our expectations, the dance floor was never empty all night which was a huge thing in booking our dj
    Would highly recommend class act

Sent on 10/19/2018
  • April

April · Married on 09/14/2018

Knowledgeable, Great Communication & Ease of Mind

We did a Google search & Class Act came up high on the listings. We checked out their website & was very impressed. Class Act contacted us within 6 hours of sending a request. We were happy to learn they had our date open as we were behind the 8 ball booking a DJ. Class Act had been to our venue (caves) many times & knew the complexity & intricacies which made it run a lot smoother. Our bar/social area was in a separate room than the dining/dance floor, but Class Act had that all figured out! They brought a remote wireless sound system that ran off their main system to make everyone feel included. That is a huge deal!

Also, Class Act moved dining tables from the dance floor in a matter of a minute after the toasts so we could have a smooth transition into the dance. The venue & catering company were great, but they were busy clearing tables & finalizing dinner events. Class Act kept the night in motion without a delay, which was a high priority for us.

The dance was a lot of fun! We had a diversified group of people with many different age groups. Class Act switched up the music about every 15 minutes so everyone was able to dance to their favorites.

Class Act is just that....very professional, easy to work with and we recommend them for your wedding or any event!

April & Mike

Sent on 10/23/2018

ALISHA · Married on 08/24/2018

Great! Awesome! Kept the party going!
    I had heard of Class Act for quite some time, but now it was my time to get married and we connected. I was so nice and convenient to talk to one person and plan the whole ceremony, dinner events and reception. After talking to the people at Class Act they grasped what we were looking for quickly and made suggestions to expand on our ideas.
    It was good that we had a contingency plan in the event of rain. You see our venue has a beautiful gazebo for ceremonies just outside of the reception hall. Class Act was very convincing on making sure we had our plan “B” thought through. Guess what it was cold and raining on the day of my wedding. We had to resort to plan “B”. It did not really bother me because we did not have to panic it was part of the plan. Class Act and the venue made some adjustments and we were good to go.
    Our dinner was so much fun with Class Act organizing everything and releasing tables, getting the guests involved in various activities the dinner flew by.
    We had a lot of fun at the dance a lot of the young people were there but we also had a number of the older relatives hanging in there much later than I would have expected. What a great time.
    Alisha and Paul

Sent on 09/05/2018

Jennie Haugen · Married on 06/23/2018

Guests were entertained the entire evening

We found Class Act through a google search and were very pleased with the service provided throughout the process of searching for a DJ, planning the evening, and the reception itself. They were great at listening to things we did and did not want at the reception and asked questions about things we had not even thought of. They took care of many little details at the reception that helped the night run smoothly. Guests were entertained the entire evening with fun games and music while we got to sit back, relax, and enjoy our big day without the stress of organization and management.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Alex Letch · Married on 06/08/2018

Nicole and Alex

Class Act really made our wedding special. They provided us with a lot of options to choose from regarding the song options and the activities that we could do throughout our wedding. The schedule of our wedding ended up changing a few times and Class Act was able to adjust very well which took a lot of pressure off of us. There were also suggestions that they provided that we ended up implementing in our wedding that we had not heard of before and were really glad we had them part of our wedding. Class Act is AMAZING! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Randi · Married on 11/04/2017

Class Act made it so easy it was, Great!
    Ok, my wedding is so important and challenging Class Act really came through for us. We are kind of a modern day Brady Bunch. We have a handful of kids if you do not remember the Brady Bunch. We wanted the day to be about the two of us, but also incorporate the kids in a manner that celebrates our family, but also hold the special connection we have for each other.
    For the first thing talking to one person and planning the ceremony through to the end of the night was so easy. Class Act had lots of great ideas to accomplish my vision for the day and they were also very flexible to make that come true. Little things like will my husband walk the ring bearer and flower girl (our kids) down the aisle to keep them focused. I could hear my guest’s give a big awwwwe. Tips like how to poor the sand for the sand ceremony. Who knew there were different ways to poor the sand and why?
    Our guests did and singing game to get us to kiss and the ones that did were the next table to go to dinner. They worked well and coordinated the venue people, caterer and serving staff while working with our photographer to be certain that their needs were met to get us as many memories as possible.
    The dance was fun and they included my kids and all the other kids in group participate dances. People danced and had fun all night and then there was my time. We had a lot of young families which means they had to get the kids home. Now it was my time. Class Act made the last portion of the night all about me and my friends. They brought me back to the time before kids and having to worry about others. My best friends and I were transported back in time when we go dancing at the club and tearing it up.
    Class Act was masterful at keeping everyone totally engaged.
    Randi and Nate

Sent on 11/07/2017

Peggy · Married on 11/04/2017

Class Act can really keep the children having fun.
    My daughter’s wedding reception had so many children at the wedding. We have a lot of your families with kids from 3 to 12. You know what that means LOT’s of energy. Class act had them engaged with so many things which kept them busy and they entertained us with the fun games. With things like Conga Lines dances, Mr. Happy Face contest, Hokey Pokey game, Limbo contest, Chicken dance, Circle dance and contemporary lines dances like the cupid shuffle and more. So what they would do is do some dance sets for the adults, and of course the kids were out the also. Then when the adults need to break, get the kid games going. All of the parents loved it. I did not think it was possible but my grandkids were wiped out at the end of the might.
    It really takes skill to keep the guests 3 to 70 engaged and have fun. Thanks Class Act
    Grandma Peggy

Sent on 11/12/2017

Jamie · Married on 09/30/2017

Class Act did a good job, we had so much fun.
    We found Class Act on line. After looking at their reviews and talking to them we knew that they would work perfect for us. We planned the ceremony, dinner and dance ahead of time with them. They had someone in charge of all of the event management and MC work the whole day and also two DJ’s for the dance.
    We worked in many special ideas that and kept our dinner flowing smoothly. We had an amazing brick over pizza vendor making fresh pizza. It flowed just as fast as any regular buffet but they were coming straight out of the oven and onto the buffet table. Our dinner was fast and efficient and they whole audience was engaged and laughing a lot.
    The dance was great, we had so much fun.
    Jamie and Jeremiah

Sent on 10/12/2017

Brianna · Married on 09/23/2017

Highly recommended!! Best night of our lives!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Michelle · Married on 09/16/2017

So Much Fun!
    It was kind of easy when it came to picking our entertainment company. We are both twenty six, so that means we have been to our fair share of weddings. So many of them had a DJ that was boring or just could not get the crowd involved. I first saw Class Act when I was young and then several times after. In fact, one of my best friends had me in her wedding and also had Class Act. Time and again Class Act demonstrated how fantastic they have been over the years.
    Since many of my guests had also seen Class Act before I wanted my reception to be different and special. Class Act really came through for me. First off we did a kissing game that got the whole crowd involved, everyone was laughing hysterically (by the way we still won even though we had some very competitive relatives). We also did the newlywed game and got advice from the oldest married couples during dinner. Priceless.
    The people at Class Act coordinated the whole reception. They confirmed the program and needs of my vendors as soon as they got there. They made sure the picture of cutting of the cake was done before dinner so the catering staff could cut it up during the buffet dinner and be ready for when dinner was done. They made a quick seating change so that no table had to be removed for the dance. Otherwise my parents, grandparents, and handicap Aunt would have lost their table which would have been most unfortunate. If I would have hired a typical DJ none of these things would have been taken care of. Class Act was very in- tune with the newly married couple's needs in all the chaos of the night.
    Oh my gosh, the dance. There was a lot of group participation events which our group loved. I had relatives that have a hard time walking, or never participate, out on the dance floor. Many of them were there after 11:00pm. Crazy. We had so many complements that night and the next day. Alex & Michelle

Sent on 10/13/2017

Anna · Married on 09/09/2017

Awesome Show!
    Between Thomas and me we have seen so many weddings and our first choice was Class Act. In fact we had been at
    dozens of events they have done so it was a not brainer for us who to have on our special day. We had them drive all the
    way up to our event three hours away but it was worth it.
    The planning was easy and fun in fact we had dinner while doing the planning with Class Act. They really know how to
    treat you right. We talked to the party planner and planned the whole ceremony and reception in one meeting. It was so
    nice to know that there would be continuity at the event. The person that planned the event was actually at the event
    coordinating the activities. So we planned the ceremony, dinner and dance. Class Act provided the Wedding Officiant
    with DJ and PA system for our outdoor wedding and a larger system was set up inside for the dinner and dance.
    Class Act kept the guests engaged and we all laughed a lot during dinner it was so much fun. The two guys from Class Act
    were amazing. They kept the party going all night. There were always people on the dance floor. They were great to
    work with and had an idea for everything. They aren't your typical DJ Company, they don't work off of a computer and
    just stand behind the booth the whole time, the MC goes around the room talking to everyone and the DJ will come out
    lead dances at times. They are high energy and we had a good time. We are so incredibly happy with how everything
    turned out. Thank You!!!
    Anna and TJ

Sent on 09/12/2017

Dean · Married on 06/02/2017

We had Class Act for one of our other kids wedding. Class Act did a great job and we knew we needed to contact them right away in setting the date for the next family wedding. We got it worked out which was perfect because I like to have things done right.
    My daughter was trusting me to make her day special and she knew I would.  A key element to that was Class Act. They send out a team of two people and they not only entertain the group they also help organize the event. The day of the vent there were several things that needed to be adjusted because f circumstances. When we found out how much the venue was going to charge for playing a video we contacted Class Act. They came through with a projector and screen and saved us a bunch of money. When my wife spent an enormous amount of time making a video  and trying to put it on DVD but could not make it work Class Act came to the rescue. They took care of it and at no charge. Now that is a CLASS ACT.
    Dean.

Sent on 08/02/2017

Jen · Married on 05/20/2017

I was so pleased! Mike was our MC of the night and had everyone enjoying themselves and laughing. We had 3 guys in total so everything was smooth and seamless. It rained and our wedding was planned outside but they adjusted without skipping a beat. I would recommend these guys to anyone. They can adapt to any and all needs so your day will be perfect.

Sent on 10/13/2017