Class Act DJ's & Officiants Reviews

62 | Saint Paul, MN

62 Reviews for Class Act DJ's & Officiants

Elizabeth Benedict · Married on 01/12/2019

Fun Start to Finish

Here is the crazy thing. We went to several wedding websites and inquired about entertainment. Some emailed back and a few texted back. Class Act did also but they went further. They impressed the point to me that it is so much more important to have a discussion than just lob messages back and forth. They actually took the time to call and give me so much information and things to think about that I have not considered. The conversation was great it was informational and no pressure at all. In fact, they even said to me that “any company that puts pressure or special discounts for making a quick decision I should run from”. I definitely got the message that they were so much more interested in finding out about me and my wishes than just booking another show. Here is something else I loved. I told them that I was a type “A” personality. Most people get concerned by that, not Class Act, they loved it. They told me that the type “A” personality was one of their favorite type of brides because if they are good at their job that I would appreciate it. Guess what I really appreciated Class Act.

Their people established a good rapport with us. We planned a beautiful wedding ceremony, the officiant was great, funny and serious all at the same time. The ceremony music was spot on and it was perfect.

They helped coordinate pictures for dinner, released tables with a really fun game, brought equipment for a video my dad did, did some trivia game with the guests about the two of us and more.

When it came to the dance we did not want it to end we even had them stay and extra half hour. I can honestly tell you that for us, we have never been to a more fun wedding and this goes for most of my friends. Too bad I am only getting married once… maybe and anniversary party. I am sure I will see them again at a future event.
    Liz and Ryan

Taylor Curtis · Married on 01/05/2019

Excellent crowd involvement, really fun night!

We did a lot of research to find the right company for us and it was Class Act. They had great reviews, but that only goes so far because you have no idea what kind of people wrote those reviews. They were Couples Choice winners on the Knot and that really showed. Class Act does so much more than the typical DJ Company.
    First of all it was great talking to them and planning out the whole day, ceremony, dinner and dance. When it got closer to the event we had a special friend, we wanted to have do the ceremony instead of using their officiant, which we did not know, it was kind of a last minute thing. Class Act made arrangements to follow our wishes and accommodate the new officiant that knew us really well. They even included some extras that would make the event extra special. Not at our request, they just did it to be supportive and they truly wanted us to have everything perfect. So we had the ceremony at a separate location with people there from Class Act and others at the reception hall, taking care of the reception. All of that coordination was taken care of for us and it went off perfectly.
    Class Act had our guests involved, engaged and laughing from dinner to the end of the night. Both the guests that are the “watchers” and the ones that are the “participators” were all having a great time. People were on the dance floor continuously. Their MC/Party Coordinator actually got drinks for the head table. I am pretty sure both people that were there never sat down the whole time we were there.
    I highly recommend Class Act if you want a smooth running ceremony and reception with your guest’s total engaged throughout the night. All my guests and my family were blown away from Class Act. They all said it was the most fun wedding they had attended, largely in part from Class Act’s amazing work.
    Taylor and Brice

Claire Williamson · Married on 10/06/2018

Claire & Shawn Williamson

He went above and beyond our expectations, the dance floor was never empty all night which was a huge thing in booking our dj
    Would highly recommend class act

• April

April · Married on 09/14/2018

Knowledgeable, Great Communication & Ease of Mind

We did a Google search & Class Act came up high on the listings. We checked out their website & was very impressed. Class Act contacted us within 6 hours of sending a request. We were happy to learn they had our date open as we were behind the 8 ball booking a DJ. Class Act had been to our venue (caves) many times & knew the complexity & intricacies which made it run a lot smoother. Our bar/social area was in a separate room than the dining/dance floor, but Class Act had that all figured out! They brought a remote wireless sound system that ran off their main system to make everyone feel included. That is a huge deal!

Also, Class Act moved dining tables from the dance floor in a matter of a minute after the toasts so we could have a smooth transition into the dance. The venue & catering company were great, but they were busy clearing tables & finalizing dinner events. Class Act kept the night in motion without a delay, which was a high priority for us.

The dance was a lot of fun! We had a diversified group of people with many different age groups. Class Act switched up the music about every 15 minutes so everyone was able to dance to their favorites.

Class Act is just that....very professional, easy to work with and we recommend them for your wedding or any event!

April & Mike

ALISHA · Married on 08/24/2018

Great! Awesome! Kept the party going!
    I had heard of Class Act for quite some time, but now it was my time to get married and we connected. I was so nice and convenient to talk to one person and plan the whole ceremony, dinner events and reception. After talking to the people at Class Act they grasped what we were looking for quickly and made suggestions to expand on our ideas.
    It was good that we had a contingency plan in the event of rain. You see our venue has a beautiful gazebo for ceremonies just outside of the reception hall. Class Act was very convincing on making sure we had our plan “B” thought through. Guess what it was cold and raining on the day of my wedding. We had to resort to plan “B”. It did not really bother me because we did not have to panic it was part of the plan. Class Act and the venue made some adjustments and we were good to go.
    Our dinner was so much fun with Class Act organizing everything and releasing tables, getting the guests involved in various activities the dinner flew by.
    We had a lot of fun at the dance a lot of the young people were there but we also had a number of the older relatives hanging in there much later than I would have expected. What a great time.
    Alisha and Paul

Jennie Haugen · Married on 06/23/2018

Guests were entertained the entire evening

We found Class Act through a google search and were very pleased with the service provided throughout the process of searching for a DJ, planning the evening, and the reception itself. They were great at listening to things we did and did not want at the reception and asked questions about things we had not even thought of. They took care of many little details at the reception that helped the night run smoothly. Guests were entertained the entire evening with fun games and music while we got to sit back, relax, and enjoy our big day without the stress of organization and management.

Alex Letch · Married on 06/08/2018

Nicole and Alex

Class Act really made our wedding special. They provided us with a lot of options to choose from regarding the song options and the activities that we could do throughout our wedding. The schedule of our wedding ended up changing a few times and Class Act was able to adjust very well which took a lot of pressure off of us. There were also suggestions that they provided that we ended up implementing in our wedding that we had not heard of before and were really glad we had them part of our wedding. Class Act is AMAZING! I would highly recommend them!

Randi · Married on 11/04/2017

Class Act made it so easy it was, Great!
    Ok, my wedding is so important and challenging Class Act really came through for us. We are kind of a modern day Brady Bunch. We have a handful of kids if you do not remember the Brady Bunch. We wanted the day to be about the two of us, but also incorporate the kids in a manner that celebrates our family, but also hold the special connection we have for each other.
    For the first thing talking to one person and planning the ceremony through to the end of the night was so easy. Class Act had lots of great ideas to accomplish my vision for the day and they were also very flexible to make that come true. Little things like will my husband walk the ring bearer and flower girl (our kids) down the aisle to keep them focused. I could hear my guest’s give a big awwwwe. Tips like how to poor the sand for the sand ceremony. Who knew there were different ways to poor the sand and why?
    Our guests did and singing game to get us to kiss and the ones that did were the next table to go to dinner. They worked well and coordinated the venue people, caterer and serving staff while working with our photographer to be certain that their needs were met to get us as many memories as possible.
    The dance was fun and they included my kids and all the other kids in group participate dances. People danced and had fun all night and then there was my time. We had a lot of young families which means they had to get the kids home. Now it was my time. Class Act made the last portion of the night all about me and my friends. They brought me back to the time before kids and having to worry about others. My best friends and I were transported back in time when we go dancing at the club and tearing it up.
    Class Act was masterful at keeping everyone totally engaged.
    Randi and Nate

Peggy · Married on 11/04/2017

Class Act can really keep the children having fun.
    My daughter’s wedding reception had so many children at the wedding. We have a lot of your families with kids from 3 to 12. You know what that means LOT’s of energy. Class act had them engaged with so many things which kept them busy and they entertained us with the fun games. With things like Conga Lines dances, Mr. Happy Face contest, Hokey Pokey game, Limbo contest, Chicken dance, Circle dance and contemporary lines dances like the cupid shuffle and more. So what they would do is do some dance sets for the adults, and of course the kids were out the also. Then when the adults need to break, get the kid games going. All of the parents loved it. I did not think it was possible but my grandkids were wiped out at the end of the might.
    It really takes skill to keep the guests 3 to 70 engaged and have fun. Thanks Class Act
    Grandma Peggy

Jamie · Married on 09/30/2017

Class Act did a good job, we had so much fun.
    We found Class Act on line. After looking at their reviews and talking to them we knew that they would work perfect for us. We planned the ceremony, dinner and dance ahead of time with them. They had someone in charge of all of the event management and MC work the whole day and also two DJ’s for the dance.
    We worked in many special ideas that and kept our dinner flowing smoothly. We had an amazing brick over pizza vendor making fresh pizza. It flowed just as fast as any regular buffet but they were coming straight out of the oven and onto the buffet table. Our dinner was fast and efficient and they whole audience was engaged and laughing a lot.
    The dance was great, we had so much fun.
    Jamie and Jeremiah

Brianna · Married on 09/23/2017

Highly recommended!! Best night of our lives!

Michelle · Married on 09/16/2017

So Much Fun!
    It was kind of easy when it came to picking our entertainment company. We are both twenty six, so that means we have been to our fair share of weddings. So many of them had a DJ that was boring or just could not get the crowd involved. I first saw Class Act when I was young and then several times after. In fact, one of my best friends had me in her wedding and also had Class Act. Time and again Class Act demonstrated how fantastic they have been over the years.
    Since many of my guests had also seen Class Act before I wanted my reception to be different and special. Class Act really came through for me. First off we did a kissing game that got the whole crowd involved, everyone was laughing hysterically (by the way we still won even though we had some very competitive relatives). We also did the newlywed game and got advice from the oldest married couples during dinner. Priceless.
    The people at Class Act coordinated the whole reception. They confirmed the program and needs of my vendors as soon as they got there. They made sure the picture of cutting of the cake was done before dinner so the catering staff could cut it up during the buffet dinner and be ready for when dinner was done. They made a quick seating change so that no table had to be removed for the dance. Otherwise my parents, grandparents, and handicap Aunt would have lost their table which would have been most unfortunate. If I would have hired a typical DJ none of these things would have been taken care of. Class Act was very in- tune with the newly married couple's needs in all the chaos of the night.
    Oh my gosh, the dance. There was a lot of group participation events which our group loved. I had relatives that have a hard time walking, or never participate, out on the dance floor. Many of them were there after 11:00pm. Crazy. We had so many complements that night and the next day. Alex & Michelle

Anna · Married on 09/09/2017

Awesome Show!
    Between Thomas and me we have seen so many weddings and our first choice was Class Act. In fact we had been at
    dozens of events they have done so it was a not brainer for us who to have on our special day. We had them drive all the
    way up to our event three hours away but it was worth it.
    The planning was easy and fun in fact we had dinner while doing the planning with Class Act. They really know how to
    treat you right. We talked to the party planner and planned the whole ceremony and reception in one meeting. It was so
    nice to know that there would be continuity at the event. The person that planned the event was actually at the event
    coordinating the activities. So we planned the ceremony, dinner and dance. Class Act provided the Wedding Officiant
    with DJ and PA system for our outdoor wedding and a larger system was set up inside for the dinner and dance.
    Class Act kept the guests engaged and we all laughed a lot during dinner it was so much fun. The two guys from Class Act
    were amazing. They kept the party going all night. There were always people on the dance floor. They were great to
    work with and had an idea for everything. They aren't your typical DJ Company, they don't work off of a computer and
    just stand behind the booth the whole time, the MC goes around the room talking to everyone and the DJ will come out
    lead dances at times. They are high energy and we had a good time. We are so incredibly happy with how everything
    turned out. Thank You!!!
    Anna and TJ

Dean · Married on 06/02/2017

We had Class Act for one of our other kids wedding. Class Act did a great job and we knew we needed to contact them right away in setting the date for the next family wedding. We got it worked out which was perfect because I like to have things done right.
    My daughter was trusting me to make her day special and she knew I would.  A key element to that was Class Act. They send out a team of two people and they not only entertain the group they also help organize the event. The day of the vent there were several things that needed to be adjusted because f circumstances. When we found out how much the venue was going to charge for playing a video we contacted Class Act. They came through with a projector and screen and saved us a bunch of money. When my wife spent an enormous amount of time making a video  and trying to put it on DVD but could not make it work Class Act came to the rescue. They took care of it and at no charge. Now that is a CLASS ACT.
    Dean.

Jen · Married on 05/20/2017

I was so pleased! Mike was our MC of the night and had everyone enjoying themselves and laughing. We had 3 guys in total so everything was smooth and seamless. It rained and our wedding was planned outside but they adjusted without skipping a beat. I would recommend these guys to anyone. They can adapt to any and all needs so your day will be perfect.

Heather · Married on 04/08/2017

CLASS ACT WAS AMAZING!!!! When we first started looking for the entertainment we knew that our event would be a little more challenging than the typical wedding. You see our parents had been married over 50 years but they really never had a wedding reception and it was time for that to happen. My parents have so many friends and relatives we knew that there was going to be an older contingency of guests than typical.
    Our venue actually recommended Class Act to us. They told us that Class Act has been playing at their venue for decades and they are the most attentive, interactive and pleasant people to work with. I took that to heart when the venue told me that on a given night they can do up to 5 events. So I figured they see everybody and if Class Act stands out for them they must be pretty awesome. Boy were they right. They helped us with the renewing of the vows, suggested a family bouquet which was perfect. Coordinated the dinner/dance and kept our guests laughing all night long.
    We had to end the night early because they just tired us out. They really made it so that I could enjoy the event because they coordinated everything that night.
    Heather

Jeremy · Married on 10/15/2016

Class Act is always great!
    Let me give you some background. My family owns a catering business called K&J Catering which has been in business about the same amount of time a Class Act which is over 30 years. Our business has two venues and we can do a half dozen off site events all at the same time. Here is the reality we see everybody in the DJ business. There is none that our staff talks about more than Class Act. We would love to see them at every event because their events are so much more organized and the people are so much more engaged and laughing than other DJ companies. It is so much better to be in a room where everyone is laughing and having a great time.
    So when it was time for us to get married we knew we had a great venue and caterer (the family business) the only thing we had to check with was if Class Acts was available for us to do the Wedding Officiating and MC/Party coordinator. It was so important to have them, we were relieved to know that they could help us out.
    Class Act helped us with every step of the planning for outdoor wedding and indoor reception. They worked with us because we had some unique ways of how we would enter the ceremony and a few other different things that make the ceremony our own. One thing we really want to do is a candle lighting but as you guessed it is pretty difficult to do outside, we did it as we started the dinner in place of a prayer. They were great working with us listening to our ideas and also helped embellish them. We loved the candle lighting to start dinner.
    We did a “sing a song for supper” event where the people that sang a song with love in it got to go to dinner first and oh my gosh it was fun. Many other things during dinner had us rolling it was so much fun.
    Class Act went above and beyond our expectations and we recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ that will keep your guest entertained all night!

Kayleigh · Married on 10/14/2016

Class Act got the whole crowd involved!
    Class Act was so easy to work with. We hired Class Act a year before our wedding to do both the ceremony and the dance. Originally we were going to have our pastor that we truly love do the ceremony, but he could not commit. A few months before our event he thought he could do it. Class Act was so gracious and totally understood they made accommodations to have him do the ceremony. Class Act people still provided the technical support for sound and worked well with our pastor and saved us some money also. It was so nice working with them for planning and throughout the whole process.
    They coordinated our dinner dance masterfully by coordinating the photographer and caterers and venue staff they took care f everything. We were so engaged with our audience they actually had to suspend a kissing game we had going during dinner so that we could eat. So we woofed it down and they were back at it. I was so much fun.
    Every single person was involved and we danced all night long. Any one we saw go home before the end of the night said that they were going home because they were tired.
    You should have Class Act do you event and let them tire out your guests, it the best.

elisabeth · Married on 10/08/2016

We really like to have things done well, and we knew where to turn relative to the entertainment of the night. Class Act did my parents' wedding, my step sister’s wedding and we knew we had to have them for our wedding. So they were one of the first calls. It was interesting because they asked us to sit through a five minute short conference mentioning how important it is to make sure that we were getting what we really want and just because other family members had used us they should not feel pressured go with Class Act. Now I really appreciate the fact that they are more concerned about us than the almighty dollar. It was wonderful working with people of great integrity and a true concern for us.
    We planned out a fun time during dinner and the dance floor was filled all night long. You know they do something that I have never seen any other DJ do they actually stop by each table and take requests and it was so funny because we saw people debating the best songs to play. I guess when you have a team of people there for the event you have the resources to do that.
    Oh, and have you ever been to a dance and requested a song at the beginning of the night and never hear yours played. Class Act announces that requests are played in the order received that fit with the program that the Bride and Groom have set up. I know people have been frustrated at other weddings when they wanted to get a song and only to be trumped by a cute tipsy girl toward the end of the night. These guys go out of their way to make all happy.
    I only have one regret and that everyone in our family is married now and we may not see them as much. I guess I am going to have to lean on my unmarried friends for that. If I have anything to say about it, I will encourage them to get Class Act.

Beth and Nathan

Josie · Married on 09/17/2016

Oh my gosh, these people are so knowledgeable and easy to work with. Whenever we did planning we laughed a lot, gave us a lot of ideas and worked in our own ideas. Who would expect that the planning would be fun?
    As soon as they got there they worked with the venue and the caterers to make some adjustments to the layout of the room. There was no room for the Bar, The DJ and we were going to have to take down the head table for the dance. They figured out how to keep the same look and have access to the bar and DJ and we did not have to take down the head table which had some beautiful decorations on it. I do not think the typical DJ would have been able to do that.
    They also provided head table Uplighting which put a beautiful accent on the decorations we had in that area. They had us dedicate a song to everyone there from the two of us to start the dance. This was brilliant because everyone got up on the dance floor, on the carpet and in the isles. What a way to honor our guests but it also got people going.
    Our guests were having so much fun during dinner as they lead us through so many fun things. We danced a ton and made a bunch of great memories.

Kristi · Married on 08/21/2016

LOVED! LOVED!! They went above and beyond what I had expected!! Starting with the wedding officiant services followed by the DJ. Our reception was so fun and entertaining!! It was amazing! I would recommend Class Act to any and everyone!!

Chantel · Married on 06/04/2016

The people at Class Act were so easy to work with and it was so nice to talk to one person and plan the ceremony and reception. First off we started with our ceremony that was in a park off the shores of a lake. The weather did not exactly cooperate but the Officiant from Class Act made some suggestions which proved to be very helpful and make things better. The audio technician made some changes to filter out the blowing wind and everything went smoothly.
    When we arrived at the reception hall Class Act was all set up and providing nice music for our guests and coordinating the other vendors we hired, what a relief. Our head table was beautiful with their Uplighting package and when I met them I was so much more at ease because they were so on top of things and professional. So many of my guests commented how much fun dinner was. Guest what all that much fun and the dance had not even started yet. Did I mention they had a MC/Party Coordinator and a DJ for the dinner dance?
    During the dance they had great music and also several integrative events. One of the things they did late in the night was a Macho Man contest which was hilarious.
    Class Act did “Amazing work, and I would recommend them every time!”
    Chantel and Brad

Kristen · Married on 09/26/2015

We loved our reception!
    Class Act did both our ceremony and reception. They were there early and helped direct the venue staff to set up for the ceremony which was outside. Class Acts party coordinator worked well with their staff and there were no issues which is important so I was calm for the ceremony. We had several people on how nice and short ceremony was and they particularly liked the family bouquet. Where we acknowledged the loved ones that could not be with us and other important people in our lives.
    During dinner the MC/Party Coordinator, talked to all my guests and got a feel for the crowd, introduced himself and got requests. This was important because the time we had for the dance was short but important. Oh, did I mention my husband (now) is a singer, songwriter and has been on stage many times. It was my job to find someone perfect for the wedding reception. Class Act came through; he told the guys at Class Act that they did a great job interacting with the crowd and kept the guests engaged all night with great stage presence.
    Class act was masterful at blending in our requests with the requested music. I was also relieved when one of our guests requested a totally inappropriate song and Class Act handled it brilliantly. They told him that if he could surf the net and find a clean version they would play it. I thought that was brilliant because if there was a clean version there would probably be about two words in it. It also kept this individual busy for about 45 minutes before he gave up. I think he appreciated the fact that Class Act at least gave him the opportunity to work together to make him happy.
    I think it shows right there that experience is so important when picking your entertainment. They also did some interactive events during dinner, which were great.
    Kristen and Jesse

luann · Married on 08/08/2015

We saw Class Act live when in the twin cities. We had never seen wedding as well done in our area. When it came to my son’s wedding we really wanted something better than the local talent. We called and talked to the people at Class Act and they actually welcomed the opportunity. We knew that there would be some travel costs but that was not as important as having my son and future daughter in-law have regrets. I asked my daughter in-law (now) to call them, she was sold from the first call. Class Act help plan everything from the program, coordinating vendors, officiating, dinner and dance. After the event was over Class Act debriefed us and I was so amazed at all the things that had to be handled by Class Act which our guests never saw. There were so many family dynamics, guest uses, vender issues if I have to deal with them… let’s not go there. The few bucks it cost for a plane tickets is well worth it.
    Thanks for going the extra 1,000 miles.
    Luann