Claire Marika Photography Reviews

102 | Midvale, UT

102 Reviews for Claire Marika Photography

• Kelly

Kelly Hazel · Getting married on 06/05/2021

Flawless Experience - Pick Them!!

I cannot recommend Claire and her husband Andy highly enough! I am a photographer, so picking a photographer for my wedding was the hardest part of wedding planning for me - until I found Claire Marika Photography. Everything was effortless, professionally done, BEAUTIFUL, and we felt like we made new best friends when we met with Claire and Andy. I love the classic, timeless style Claire accomplishes. You know you can fully trust her and her business. From before even signing the contracts, to well after the wedding, everything will exceed your expectations. If you're even remotely interested in video along with photography, DO IT and chose Claire and Andy! They make you feel so comfortable and even if you're stressed during the big day, none of that will show in these images that last a lifetime. Our best decision, other than picking each other, was choosing Claire Marika Photography to capture our day.

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Alessandra

Alessandra Wortmann · Getting married on 12/02/2020

Claire is amazing!

I have worked with Claire many times and she always goes above and beyond. Her work is so beautiful. I totally recommend her!

Sent on 02/12/2020

Claire Marika Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Ale! It's always so wonderful to work with you, and your cakes are delicious works of art.
  • Amanda

Amanda Ius Phillips · Married on 08/08/2020

Wonderful to work with, stunning photography.

I absolutely loved working with Claire. She's so sweet and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. She's extremely professional, and we ended up not having to worry about her at all on our wedding day which was so nice. And of course, the pictures came out absolutely gorgeous! I don't know she did it, but she somehow made us look like superstars.

Sent on 12/16/2019

Claire Marika Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda! I'm so glad you and Taylor liked working with me. It was such a pleasure being there to capture your wedding!
  • Paola

Paola Vargas · Married on 08/07/2020

Claire Marika Photography -- Light, Beauty, & Candid Moments

I wanted to take a moment and truly thank Claire and Andy for their phenomenal work! I did my extensive research for the perfect photographer/videographer and the moment we met at a bridal expo we knew booking their services would be the best decision we would make while planning our wedding. Claire has the light, beauty, and candid moments we wanted to capture in our special day.

When meeting them it felt like we’d met up with old friends, they have a great sense of humor and through the long and fast-moving wedding day directed us and our very large families perfectly while blending into the background to capture those raw moments beautifully. We were worried about posing for photos but they made us feel very relaxed and enabling natural moments to be photographed. Claire’s passion and enthusiasm to capture every moment shone all throughout our formals/wedding day, and she absolutely blew us away with her talent.

We cannot thank them enough for their work, we absolutely LOVE our formals/wedding day pictures and video. It has been a joy having the opportunity to relive our wedding day through photos/videos with our family and friends feeling laughter and tears. Claire captures all the little moments that on the day I didn’t have an opportunity to cherish, shoes, cufflinks, seating cards, etc. Their work is now proudly displayed throughout our home.

Once again, we cannot thank/recommend them both enough for doing an incredible job capturing our fondest memories on our day and for being so incredible to work with. Since our wedding day it has been great to see family and friends already utilize “Claire Marika Photography” for their needs and have the opportunity to catch up with a very sweet team. We look forward to working with them both in the future.

With love & gratitude,
    Paola & Eduardo Vargas

Sent on 01/11/2020
  • Mira

Mira Svieshnikova · Married on 05/09/2020

Professional, Easy to work with, flexible and adoptable

I've seen Claire Marika and Andy in "action" at my friends wedding and at ours, also engagement and bridal photo sessions. Their professionalism, patience and flexibility, above and beyond people skills and many other great traits make them the best at their profession.
    Our pictures and videos turned out so beautiful, every time we look at them I (and my family) tear up. If you are looking for a photographer and videographer, look no more - Claire and Andy are your find that you do not want to miss!
    Today 6 months since our wedding, and honestly, there are not many things that we have left from our wedding (no cake, no flowers, no dresses...) but we have our pictures and videos that we look at almost on a daily basis! what a waste when brides stress out about all of these little details and hire a photographer who can't properly capture it. Claire and Andy are the best at what they do! They know, anticipate and feel exactly what all brides want - they will make sure that everything goes smoothly and perfectly on The Day Of! They have mine and my husband's the highest admiration! i can't recommend them highly enough. They are truly THE BEST! And by the way, we've got our photos so fast (we were still on our honeymoon!)

Sent on 06/03/2020

Claire Marika Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Mira! We loved working with you, and this review just made my day. I'm so glad that you've enjoyed the photos and videos. It means the world to us. Happy anniversary!
  • Allison

Allison Songstad · Married on 10/26/2019

Absolutely amazing!!

Claire and Andy did a wonderful job with our wedding photos and video. They are great to work with and very talented! I loved working with them and I am very, very happy with the photos and video!

Sent on 01/10/2020

Susie Young · Married on 10/23/2019

Claire is phenomenal! You will love her!

Claire Marika is an incredible photographer. I have had the pleasure to work with her many times. She is an artist behind her lens. I love her attention to detail, especially since everything should be captured on camera to be remembered. Face it, you might never see it all at a glance (it's a busy day!). With Claire as your photographer, you are covered. You will enjoy everything that you planned because she is there to journal your day with her beautiful artistry. Not only is she's amazing at what she does but Claire is incredibly kind. Book her!

Sent on 04/10/2020

Claire Marika Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Susie! I always love working with you and capturing your beautiful floral creations. You are the best!
  • Alina

Alina Stephens · Married on 10/08/2019

Claire captured our wedding day perfectly!

From the moment we met Claire, we knew we'd found the right photographer! We were immediately drawn to her style and loved that it felt like us. Her photos aren't over-edited and feature tons of natural light. This is what we wanted and we were so pleased with the end result. We loved working with her for our engagements, pre-wedding and wedding day photography and we have the most beautiful photos to show for it! Claire made the process easy and fun, and she is extremely responsive which is an amazing thing to have when you're in the middle of planning a wedding! She took all of our suggestions, brought her own, and in the end, captured us perfectly. I highly recommend her and look forward to working with her again!

Sent on 12/18/2019

Vicky · Married on 08/24/2019

Quality Work with a Reliable Professional

It was a wonderful experience working with Claire on our wedding photos. I say “working” because Claire was extremely professional throughout the entire process. She was very responsive to my questions and provided ample communication around what to expect each step of the way.
    We had a lot of requests and a big wedding party, but she was able to work with to get all of the group photos we wanted. She was also creative in suggesting some other group shots based on the lighting and setting that we wouldn’t have gotten otherwise. We loved the way the shots turned out and her eye for the candid moments that happened behind the scenes. We highly recommend Claire and can’t thank her enough for capturing our special day so perfectly.

Sent on 04/03/2020

Claire Marika Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Vicky! It was such a pleasure working with you and capturing your gorgeous wedding!

Don Woodbury · Married on 07/14/2019

Warm, friendly, "fast on the draw".

I am a DJ who sees a LOT of photographers in action. Last night at Red Butte Gardens I was very impressed with how quick she was to be in the right place at the right time to capture the heart of what was happening. I asked her about her philosophy, and she said "It's my job to capture the moment." It surely seemed she was doing just that. She was so fast and comfortable with her equipment. AND, she was so NICE to be around. There are a lot of photographers that you wonder whether they really wanted to be there. Claire was so warm and friendly. She is excellent!
    -Don Woodbury

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Sandra

Sandra Buendia · Married on 07/13/2019

Stunning Wedding Photos

Claire is an incredibly talented photographer. We discussed capturing my wedding story via photos and she did so in the most beautiful manner. While formal images are standard protocol, Claire successfully captured the fun of our wedding through stunning candid images. The photos captured our guests' personalities and memorialized precious moments. If you want your wedding story beautifully memorialized, Claire is the photographer for you.

Sent on 12/28/2019

Nicole Staples · Married on 05/11/2019

Best photos ever!!

Claire is the best!! Taking pictures with her was so fun and she made us so good. She captured my wedding day perfectly. I could not have asked for anything better!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Michele

Michele Squires · Married on 09/28/2018

Loved working with Claire. She's the best!

I had the good fortune of finding Claire's Instagram page last year when I needed some updated pictures. Working with her was pleasant and easy, and the pictures exceeded my expectations.

When my now husband and I got engaged earlier this year, I knew immediately I wanted to work with Claire. As a newly engaged couple, we had no idea where to start or how to plan a wedding. When we met with Claire, she provided helpful guidance on vendors and venues. Throughout the planning process, we had a lot of questions, and I frequently emailed Claire asking for help. She always responded quickly with sound advice.

In both our engagement and bridal sessions, Claire was a true professional. She kept things moving, made us feel comfortable, and took advantage of the natural light and setting. We never felt like our poses were forced or contrived.

Prior to our wedding, we had a few check-in calls with Claire, and as always, we knew she had every detail covered. Working with a tight time frame, she managed to capture all the special moments of our wedding day and wrangle family members for group pictures. She also caught the fun, lighthearted moments between us and our guests.

Thanks to Claire, we have a great collection of professional photos that will always be a fond reminder of our wedding day.

Michele and Danny

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Nicolien

Nicolien Bongaerts · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing wedding photographer

Hiring Claire was one of the best decisions we made in wedding planning. My parents work in the wedding industry and had a lot of photographers who were wanting to come shoot our special day. But we wanted to be sure we picked someone of course talented, but also friendly, who would understand the direction we wanted to take and let us go with it without micromanaging every detail. Claire was cooperative and gracious throughout our almost year long engagement and always quick to respond. We did a portrait session with her a few months before the wedding that was perfect as well. On the actual wedding day, there was no stress coming from Claire. She gave us space when we wanted it, but was there to capture the cutest and most special moments without being an interruption. Kind of like a photo ninja :). She provided a great first look location idea and a great second shooter, and was more than flexible when we ended up asking to add on hours to get some extra photography time in. The best part really came when we got our initial set of prints in the mail, wow! Seeing photos on your computer is one thing, but seeing the prints Claire created was something else. We want to frame all of them! The sunset photos we took are ones we will especially cherish for the rest of our lives. For further proof of how great Claire is, she snuck outside and took some amazing shots of our venue with the stars lighting up the night sky, which is something we had asked for almost 1 year ago, and she remembered when we didn't! Thanks again Claire and we plan to use you again for the next life event!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Amanda · Married on 06/23/2018

Claire was perfect. She was extremely skilled and you could tell she had done this enough times to know what worked. She had the best locations for taking pictures and knew her stuff. Besides her skill, she was very friendly, courteous, and easy to get along with... by the end of the wedding I felt like we were old friends. She turned the pictures around very quickly and they came out better than I could have imagined. Honestly she is worth the cost, I would recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 07/18/2018
  • Aly

Aly · Married on 05/25/2018

Amazing help, exactly what we wanted

Claire was so kind, had wonderful ideas. She was flexible, gave us more than we ever expected. She went above and beyond to capture exactly the moments we wanted. We couldn't have asked for anyone better!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Sallie Rawlings · Married on 05/12/2018

Would highly recommend to family and friends.

Friendly, professional and great to work with. Fabulous photos

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 09/16/2017

After our experience of having beautiful Engagements and gorgeous Wedding pictures, there aren't enough good things I can say about Claire, but I'll try my best.

My mom and I first met Claire at a local bridal show almost TWO years before my Wedding. We were walking through the booths when suddenly we came across Claire's–easily the classiest and most professional at the show. (I think it looked like an art gallery, with its own white display walls and photo albums neatly set up on tables.)

It was a combination of her easy, down-to-earth demeanor, her talent, and the lighting and vibrancy in her photos that hooked us from that moment, and I KNEW then Claire would be our photographer.

Over a year later, at our Engagements, the experience couldn't have gone more smoothly! My FH felt very comfortable (and he's not someone that likes getting pictures taken of him). Although he's adorable 24/7, somehow he manages to look like a $1M in every picture Claire takes of him. Not to mention we both also manage to look very cute in every posed and candid shot she thinks of.

Then came our Wedding Day. Thanks to Claire, we have some priceless and timeless memories that we'll cherish forever. We also felt so comfortable when they were shooting pictures of us, and all our guests couldn't stop complimenting them. To be honest, time FLIES when you're working with Claire.

We got ALL our edited(!) pictures two weeks after the Big Day they capture ALL the beautiful moments as perfectly as they could (and even those I didn't know had happened!), they show everyone glowing, and I can't emphasize enough how vibrant they are.

I've been telling Claire since I met her that she'll be documenting all our important milestones for as long as she's working, so all you future clients of hers better not book her too much :). DO consider hiring her for your special days! You'll love her, her aesthetic, her personality, her quality, everything.

Sent on 10/06/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/09/2017

Claire was, for lack of better words, amazing! My sister used Claire for her wedding and my other sister hired her for help on a book so I knew that I needed her for our wedding. Claire did an amazing job right from the beginning. My wife and I live in Oregon but had our wedding in Utah and Claire was so flexible and even agreed to face time us for a meet and greet. During the wedding she was so professional yet easy going which was so wonderful. She was not only there for us physically, but emotionally as well! She made me feel so comfortable during the pictures. The way she captured our guest and all the candid photos were amazing. I am obsessed with our pictures. Claire got our pictures to us in a timely manner, which was so impressive. Claire really did an amazing job before, during and after the wedding. She is truly the gift that keeps on giving! I would recommend her for everything and anything!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Kimberly · Married on 09/03/2017

We used Claire for our Engagement Session and our Wedding day. She is a wonderful photographer as well as a wonderful person to have around on your wedding day. We did a first look session which was orchestrated perfectly. She is great at capturing both posed and candid moments. She is also incredibly organized and talented at corralling large family groups and keeping to a timeline.
    We got our digital images in almost half the time that was expected so that was a wonderful surprise. In addition we received a small album and box of prints which we are incredibly grateful for.
    We love our photos and are looking forward to having them in our home.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Tawny · Married on 08/25/2017

My husband and I were so impressed with Claire. She presented herself very professionally in every contact she made with us. She was patient and careful to capture all of the details that were important to us. The pictures were absolutely stunning. She was discreet and made everyone feel comfortable. We couldn't have asked for more.

Sent on 02/11/2018

Marilyn · Married on 07/23/2017

Claire's photography is creative and stunning. She was so easy to work with, very professional and gave us everything we asked for and more.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Aleni · Married on 07/20/2017

Claire is the kind of photographer you dream of having for your wedding day. It is a bit stressful choosing someone who will be responsible for all the pictures of your special day, but she was perfect. Claire does a wonderful job focusing on you - - what style you like, what specific shots you want, who is who in your wedding party, etc. She is quick to respond, asks the right questions, and eliminates stress so you can just enjoy the experience. Her happy and friendly nature makes her easy to work with, and she was consistently the quickest responder of all the wedding services I worked with. Claire also goes above and beyond, sending thank you cards, and "sneak peaks" so you feel like you're her favorite client (even though she has hundreds). She was recommended to me by another photographer who said "if I were getting married again, I'd ask Claire to shoot my wedding." I now can say the same.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Katie · Married on 07/14/2017

Claire is an amazing photographer! She shot our engagement, bridal and wedding photos. We were thrilled with her work. She is incredibly professional and helped to make our wedding memories extra special. She also saved our wedding day by taking over when our less than stellar day of coordinator dropped the ball! I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 03/03/2018

Taylor · Married on 07/07/2017

Claire was awesome to work with! Very professional, down to earth, and extremely friendly.

Sent on 10/17/2017