Claire Marika Photography Reviews

Claire Marika Photography 1
Claire Marika Photography 2
  • Michele

Michele Squires · Married on 09/28/2018

Loved working with Claire. She's the best!

I had the good fortune of finding Claire's Instagram page last year when I needed some updated pictures. Working with her was pleasant and easy, and the pictures exceeded my expectations.

When my now husband and I got engaged earlier this year, I knew immediately I wanted to work with Claire. As a newly engaged couple, we had no idea where to start or how to plan a wedding. When we met with Claire, she provided helpful guidance on vendors and venues. Throughout the planning process, we had a lot of questions, and I frequently emailed Claire asking for help. She always responded quickly with sound advice.

In both our engagement and bridal sessions, Claire was a true professional. She kept things moving, made us feel comfortable, and took advantage of the natural light and setting. We never felt like our poses were forced or contrived.

Prior to our wedding, we had a few check-in calls with Claire, and as always, we knew she had every detail covered. Working with a tight time frame, she managed to capture all the special moments of our wedding day and wrangle family members for group pictures. She also caught the fun, lighthearted moments between us and our guests.

Thanks to Claire, we have a great collection of professional photos that will always be a fond reminder of our wedding day.

Michele and Danny

• Nicolien

Nicolien Bongaerts · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing wedding photographer

Hiring Claire was one of the best decisions we made in wedding planning. My parents work in the wedding industry and had a lot of photographers who were wanting to come shoot our special day. But we wanted to be sure we picked someone of course talented, but also friendly, who would understand the direction we wanted to take and let us go with it without micromanaging every detail. Claire was cooperative and gracious throughout our almost year long engagement and always quick to respond. We did a portrait session with her a few months before the wedding that was perfect as well. On the actual wedding day, there was no stress coming from Claire. She gave us space when we wanted it, but was there to capture the cutest and most special moments without being an interruption. Kind of like a photo ninja :). She provided a great first look location idea and a great second shooter, and was more than flexible when we ended up asking to add on hours to get some extra photography time in. The best part really came when we got our initial set of prints in the mail, wow! Seeing photos on your computer is one thing, but seeing the prints Claire created was something else. We want to frame all of them! The sunset photos we took are ones we will especially cherish for the rest of our lives. For further proof of how great Claire is, she snuck outside and took some amazing shots of our venue with the stars lighting up the night sky, which is something we had asked for almost 1 year ago, and she remembered when we didn't! Thanks again Claire and we plan to use you again for the next life event!

Amanda · Married on 06/23/2018

Claire was perfect. She was extremely skilled and you could tell she had done this enough times to know what worked. She had the best locations for taking pictures and knew her stuff. Besides her skill, she was very friendly, courteous, and easy to get along with... by the end of the wedding I felt like we were old friends. She turned the pictures around very quickly and they came out better than I could have imagined. Honestly she is worth the cost, I would recommend her to anyone and everyone.

• Aly

Aly · Married on 05/25/2018

Amazing help, exactly what we wanted

Claire was so kind, had wonderful ideas. She was flexible, gave us more than we ever expected. She went above and beyond to capture exactly the moments we wanted. We couldn't have asked for anyone better!

Sallie Rawlings · Married on 05/12/2018

Would highly recommend to family and friends.

Friendly, professional and great to work with. Fabulous photos

• Annie

Annie · Married on 09/16/2017

After our experience of having beautiful Engagements and gorgeous Wedding pictures, there aren't enough good things I can say about Claire, but I'll try my best.

My mom and I first met Claire at a local bridal show almost TWO years before my Wedding. We were walking through the booths when suddenly we came across Claire's–easily the classiest and most professional at the show. (I think it looked like an art gallery, with its own white display walls and photo albums neatly set up on tables.)

It was a combination of her easy, down-to-earth demeanor, her talent, and the lighting and vibrancy in her photos that hooked us from that moment, and I KNEW then Claire would be our photographer.

Over a year later, at our Engagements, the experience couldn't have gone more smoothly! My FH felt very comfortable (and he's not someone that likes getting pictures taken of him). Although he's adorable 24/7, somehow he manages to look like a $1M in every picture Claire takes of him. Not to mention we both also manage to look very cute in every posed and candid shot she thinks of.

Then came our Wedding Day. Thanks to Claire, we have some priceless and timeless memories that we'll cherish forever. We also felt so comfortable when they were shooting pictures of us, and all our guests couldn't stop complimenting them. To be honest, time FLIES when you're working with Claire.

We got ALL our edited(!) pictures two weeks after the Big Day they capture ALL the beautiful moments as perfectly as they could (and even those I didn't know had happened!), they show everyone glowing, and I can't emphasize enough how vibrant they are.

I've been telling Claire since I met her that she'll be documenting all our important milestones for as long as she's working, so all you future clients of hers better not book her too much :). DO consider hiring her for your special days! You'll love her, her aesthetic, her personality, her quality, everything.

Amanda · Married on 09/09/2017

Claire was, for lack of better words, amazing! My sister used Claire for her wedding and my other sister hired her for help on a book so I knew that I needed her for our wedding. Claire did an amazing job right from the beginning. My wife and I live in Oregon but had our wedding in Utah and Claire was so flexible and even agreed to face time us for a meet and greet. During the wedding she was so professional yet easy going which was so wonderful. She was not only there for us physically, but emotionally as well! She made me feel so comfortable during the pictures. The way she captured our guest and all the candid photos were amazing. I am obsessed with our pictures. Claire got our pictures to us in a timely manner, which was so impressive. Claire really did an amazing job before, during and after the wedding. She is truly the gift that keeps on giving! I would recommend her for everything and anything!

Kimberly · Married on 09/03/2017

We used Claire for our Engagement Session and our Wedding day. She is a wonderful photographer as well as a wonderful person to have around on your wedding day. We did a first look session which was orchestrated perfectly. She is great at capturing both posed and candid moments. She is also incredibly organized and talented at corralling large family groups and keeping to a timeline.
    We got our digital images in almost half the time that was expected so that was a wonderful surprise. In addition we received a small album and box of prints which we are incredibly grateful for.
    We love our photos and are looking forward to having them in our home.

Tawny · Married on 08/25/2017

My husband and I were so impressed with Claire. She presented herself very professionally in every contact she made with us. She was patient and careful to capture all of the details that were important to us. The pictures were absolutely stunning. She was discreet and made everyone feel comfortable. We couldn't have asked for more.

Claire Marika Photography 3
    Claire Marika Photography 4

Marilyn · Married on 07/23/2017

Claire's photography is creative and stunning. She was so easy to work with, very professional and gave us everything we asked for and more.

Aleni · Married on 07/20/2017

Claire is the kind of photographer you dream of having for your wedding day. It is a bit stressful choosing someone who will be responsible for all the pictures of your special day, but she was perfect. Claire does a wonderful job focusing on you - - what style you like, what specific shots you want, who is who in your wedding party, etc. She is quick to respond, asks the right questions, and eliminates stress so you can just enjoy the experience. Her happy and friendly nature makes her easy to work with, and she was consistently the quickest responder of all the wedding services I worked with. Claire also goes above and beyond, sending thank you cards, and "sneak peaks" so you feel like you're her favorite client (even though she has hundreds). She was recommended to me by another photographer who said "if I were getting married again, I'd ask Claire to shoot my wedding." I now can say the same.

Katie · Married on 07/14/2017

Claire is an amazing photographer! She shot our engagement, bridal and wedding photos. We were thrilled with her work. She is incredibly professional and helped to make our wedding memories extra special. She also saved our wedding day by taking over when our less than stellar day of coordinator dropped the ball! I would highly recommend her.

Taylor · Married on 07/07/2017

Claire was awesome to work with! Very professional, down to earth, and extremely friendly.

Erin · Married on 06/24/2017

Claire did an awesome job with our photography for our wedding. She and her assistant were present at every event and captured all the moments we asked for and them some. They were nice, accommodating, easy to work with, and so positive and upbeat. I would hire them again for sure.

Jessica · Married on 06/23/2017

Claire was one of the first wedding decisions Eric and I made. Claire was so professional in emails and on initial meeting. Her presentation of packages she sends are lovely. She is a pleasure to work with- especially since Eric and I had never been in front of a professional camera until the day of our wedding. She made everything so easy. Her work speaks for itself and we love our wedding album. I personally love the way she captured the details of the day. You will not be disappointed with her work or interactions. Thank you!

Bailey · Married on 06/10/2017

I opted to do a package in which I got engagements, print credits, album, bridals, and 10 hours of wedding photography. It was so worth it!! Claire is the sweetest and most flexible photographer who is always concerned with what you like and what you are looking for. I love her view point and would hire her again for any other important event in a heart beat. PLEASE look into her! She is so worth the extra money- you will not regret hiring her.

Gretel · Married on 05/12/2017

We are super happy we went with Claire for our wedding and engagement photos! She really went the extra mile. For our engagements, she stayed extra time just to help us capture all the shots that we wanted. For our wedding day she did a fantastic job at organizing the wedding party, making photos run seamlessly throughout the day. She captured everything from the big moments down to the little details and did an INCREDIBLE job editing our photos. I highly recommend Claire to anyone who's looking for a quality photographer who treats their clients' wedding day as if it were her own.

Karen · Married on 04/08/2017

Claire was wonderful to work with. She captured very natural photos and made beautiful prints.

Christine · Married on 11/18/2016

I knew I wanted Claire at my wedding after seeing her photograph my best friend's wedding years ago! She was the first vendor I reached out to during wedding planning, because I wanted to snatch her up quick before someone else did. Luckily she was free to fly from UT to DC to shoot my wedding in November! Communicating with Claire over e-mail and phone was a breeze, because she's tech savvy. I always appreciated her timely responses. Her professionalism and genial personality really helped lighten the stress of wedding planning. During the wedding she was able to capture so many wonderful moments, not only of my husband and I, but so many of our guests as well! 2 months later, revisiting wedding photos still brings a smile to my face!

Jill · Married on 09/17/2016

I looked into Claire Marika Photography on the recommendation of a friend whose wedding she shot, and I'm so glad I did. I LOVED working with Claire! We planned our wedding from another state, so it was wonderful that she was so organized and responsive. AND she captured our day perfectly. Thank you Claire!!

Sarah · Married on 09/10/2016

Claire is the best decision we made while planning our wedding. She was super responsive, flexible, funny and incredibly easy to work with. We knew that the photos would be the one thing we could cherish forever and Claire made sure that they were perfect.

I cannot recommend Claire enough for your big day!

Liz · Married on 09/03/2016

I absolutely loved working with Claire. She did both our engagement session and wedding and both times she was professional and yet easy-going and fun. And most importantly, her shots are beautiful. I would 100% recommend her.

Jen · Married on 07/23/2016

Claire met and exceeded all of our expectations. I have a lot of friends who are professional photographers and my standards are very high. It was important to me to have someone that made me comfortable (awkward photos are the worst!), who listened to my wants & needs, and who could capture incredible images. I'm glad that we did an engagement session with Claire before our wedding so that we could get to know each other more and be that much more comfortable. not only are her images stunning, but her editing and color work are out of this world. The worst part of the process is having to choose which photos to print and to turn into an album because there are thousands of incredible photos. I'd highly recommend working with Claire!

Lindsay · Married on 07/16/2016

Claire is great! We immediately felt very comfortable with Claire and were able to relax and have fun with throughout the whole process. She was very organized and open to any requested we had. Her photographs were absolutely beautiful and each one is a masterpiece to enjoy for years to come! Claire is very professional and a pleasure to work with!