CJ's Off the Square Reviews

CJ's Off the Square 6
CJ's Off the Square 7
  • MaryRose

Maryrose Brantley · Getting married on 04/09/2021

The best decision you'll make wedding planning!

Having our wedding at CJ’s Off The Square was the best decision we made when planning our wedding. CJ and her amazing time continually go above and beyond to allow the families, friends, and couple themselves to feel prepared, taken care of and loved on the best day of their lives. Their venue is beautiful (and received so many compliments from out guests) but the staff’s work ethic, organization and welcoming attitude is even more top notch. We could recommend CJ’s Off The Square more!

Sent on 10/03/2019
    CJ's Off the Square 8

CJ's Off the Square's reply:

Thank you so much MaryRose!!! You and Chris are such an amazing couple ...a true team and partnership in every way. It was a blessing to work with you both as well as your family and I am so glad you had such a wonderful experience. Thanks so much for sharing this!!!

Sidney · Getting married on 08/29/2020

We just had our wedding and reception at CJ's over Labor Day weekend. I can not rave more about the ENTIRE experience! We live in Ohio so Nashville was a "destination" for our guests. Jennifer Rhem, our wedding coordinator along with CJ made us feel completely at home when we first visited, kept in communication throughout the entire planning process, even states away, helped with everything imaginable at our rehearsal, and were my fairy godmothers the day of our wedding! We planned for about a year and a half and the communication, information, and support we got from Jennifer and ALL their preferred vendors we chose was beyond incredible! The whole entire staff was perfect- we felt so at home and we miss our meetings and check-ins from planning already! We did not have to think about ANYTHING on the wedding day except each other! Jennifer and CJ kept the decor a surprise for me until right before the guys were to arrive- when I walked out to see how it came together I felt like I was dreaming- the ENTIRE venue was put together even more beautiful than I had pictured in my head my whole life. You grow up imagining what your dream day will look like and CJ's pulled it all together and then some! It was like they took what I envisioned and blew it up times a thousand! My parents did not have to do a single thing on our wedding day also but ENJOY! People are still raving about the decor, the flowers, the DJ, the food, the cake, just the venue in itself, and how AMAZING everyone was that helped to make our day such a dream! We can not thank the CJ's staff enough for all they have done! We had several places to check out for our venue and we're so thankful CJ's ended up being the first and last! You will love your experience! They really get to know you and make your day all it's meant to be and more!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Genean Davant · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Everything was perfect!

My daughter, her fiance', and I toured several venues for their reception and decided on CJ's Off the Square. We definitely made the right decision! If CJ says she will get it done, she will. I do not believe I have ever met anyone that is that organized. Everything is planned out down to the last detail. The day of the wedding, the garden and pavilion were decorated just as we discussed, but it was even more beautiful than we could have imagined! Every vendor CJ uses is excellent! The flowers not only were beautiful but smelled divine. The cake was just amazing! It was so beautiful, it brought tears to the bride's eyes. Many guests commented that it was the best wedding cake that had ever eaten. Everyone raved about all the food that was served at the reception. Every bite was delicious! All the food was labeled so those with allergies would know. CJ had a list of names for everything from videographers to get-away cars. Everyone she suggested was just what we wanted. CJ was there with us every step of the way with wonderful advice and suggestions. We cannot thank C J and her team for truly making everything perfect!

Sent on 06/02/2019

CJ's Off the Square's reply:

Thank you thank you thank you!!! It means so much to know that as a mother of the bride, you too enjoyed the planning process and (most importantly) your daughter's wedding day! It was wonderful working with you Genean and I really appreciate your kind words. - CJ
  • Doug`

Doug` Phelps · Married on 10/01/2019

The best venue in tennessee

CJs Off The Square is a 5 star venue with personal, professional staff . The location is beautiful and elegant. Every step of your wedding is thoughtfully planned with your input and they go out of their way to make it uniquely special for your needs. Their catering options come from a well known restaurant voted #1 Best in the city. CJs offers linens, silverware, glassware , etc to make it exactly what you envision and all of that is included. It is so easy - so you can relax and enjoy your very special day. Choose CJs and it will be the best decision of your life, right behind choosing that perfect life partner!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 09/21/2019

Long Distance Wedding Planning

Amazing venue. The staff went above and beyond making sure our wedding day was perfect and stress free. We were not living in Nashville while we were planning our wedding and having CJ and her team there to help us saved us so many long distance headaches and made the logistics so much simpler. The food was amazing, the DJ created such a fun party environment, and the venue is absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 09/22/2019

CJ's Off the Square's reply:

Thank you SO MUCH Elizabeth! It was such a pleasure working with you and Patrick! Big hugs from all of us here at CJ's Off the Square ...and please stop in to say hi next time you are in the area!

Kate Faught · Married on 09/21/2019

Absolute Perfection!

I highly recommend CJ's Off the Square! It exceeded all of our expectations. CJ was amazing to work with and very organized from start to finish. She made sure our day ran and looked perfect! It was a dream come true!! Your guests will be in awe over the historic home, garden and pavilion. It was a fairy-tale wedding and picking CJ's off the square as our venue was the absolute best decision we made. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/11/2019

CJ's Off the Square's reply:

Thank you SO MUCH Kate!!! You and JeRee were just the BEST to work with. I am thrilled to know you loved your experience and truly appreciate you sharing this with other brides. Big hugs!!!! - CJ
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Metcalf · Married on 06/29/2019

Best Wedding Venue in TN!

My husband and I were married at CJ's Off the Square 06/29/2019 and I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience. Wedding planning is stressful and CJ took the stress out of the planning. CJ and her team were a joy to work with, the venue is beautiful at every turn and the food was amazing. The entire experience exceeded our expectations and made our wedding day one of the most memorable days of our lives.

Sent on 08/04/2019

CJ's Off the Square's reply:

Thank you Thank you Thank you Liz!!! I truly appreciate you taking the time to share this! Wishing you and James all the best!!! - CJ
  • Molly

Molly O'brien · Married on 06/22/2019

Best Venue in Franklin, TN!!

I got married at CJ’s Off the Square last Saturday (6/22) and cannot day enough wonderful things about CJ and her team!! From beginning to end, CJ was intimately involved in all the details and helped offer her expert advice and guidance throughout the planning process. My wedding day was an absolute dream come true and the wedding ceremony and reception were even more beautiful than I’d imagined! Friends and family had nothing but great things to say about the whole event!

Sent on 06/29/2019

CJ's Off the Square's reply:

Oh Molly, you are the BEST! Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a BLAST working with you and Vince this past year. PLEASE come back to Franklin soon to celebrate an anniversary and make sure to stop in and say hello. Sending you big hugs and tons of love as you start this next chapter together. XOXO From all of us here at CJ's Off the Square!

Natalie Wilson · Married on 05/18/2019

Dream Wedding Became a Reality!

As soon as I stepped into CJ’s and out into the garden, I immediately knew this was where I wanted my wedding to be! CJ and her team truly made my dream wedding a reality!! They are so organized and definitely made the planning process so easy. CJ was there every step of the way, and I didn’t have to worry about a thing! On the day of my wedding, I felt like I was in a fairytale! The pavilion and garden were decorated even more beautifully than I imagined! The flowers were beautiful, the food was delicious, and the cake was to die for! I couldn’t have imagined having my wedding anywhere else!! I wish I could relive the day over and over again!

Sent on 06/24/2019

CJ's Off the Square's reply:

Thank you SO MUCH Natalie! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your mom this past year. I am so glad you loved your experience and your wedding day - that means the world to me!!! Big hugs from all of us at CJ's Off the Square. - CJ
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Sherrill · Married on 04/13/2019

Best venue in the Nashville area!

My husband and I had our Wedding at CJs off the Square a few weeks ago. If you are thinking about booking this venue- DO IT!

Not only is the venue GORGEOUS....CJ and her whole team are top notch. They make planning a wedding easy, stress free and actually FUN. We booked the venue over a year prior to us actually getting married. The staff kept in touch with me throughout, even early on. There was never a time I felt like I didn’t know what was going on. They are so organized and have planning wedding/ weddings down to an art. You will never feel confused or out of control. Plus, you can always get in touch with someone if you have any questions or concerns. They actually check in on you frequently during the process to make sure you don’t need anything.

We went to several tasting events which were all amazing and very enjoyable. They really do a great job of allowing you see and taste what your wedding could be. This allows you to pick out exactly what you want, both decor and food/cake. Btw- the food is ALL fantastic.

My actual wedding day was even better that I ever imagined. All of ideas came to life. I did not have to do a single thing and neither did my family. CJs took care of it all, every vendor, every detail. They have plans and backup plans for everything! It was truly the most amazing, beautiful day.

There is no way I could imagine getting married anywhere but CJs off the Square. I truly do not think that I could have made a wedding happen if it was not for CJ and her team. This venue is worth the money, and more. You get WAY more than just a wedding planner and venue. Please take my word for it- there is no venue better than CJs off the Square.

Sent on 04/29/2019
    CJ's Off the Square 14
    CJ's Off the Square 15
    CJ's Off the Square 16

CJ's Off the Square's reply:

Eeeek!!!! You're pictures are STUNNING!!! Thanks so much for sharing those AND thanks for sharing this incredible review. You were an absolutely dream to work with and all of us here at CJ's Off the Square with you and Justin the very, very best. XOXOX!!
  • McKenna

Mckenna Dabbs · Married on 01/09/2019

The best venue for the best day of your life

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at CJ’s Off the Square over the Labor Day weekend (2019), and we simply cannot say enough about CJ and her staff! CJ runs her business like a well-oiled machine, and she guided us diligently through every step of this often-intimidating process. CJ made herself constantly available to us for all issues – large and small – and CJ’s staff was friendly, professional, and hardworking. The garden and pavilion are positively gorgeous, and CJ offers myriad insights and options on how best to make use of the space based upon your unique needs. The food was incredible across the board (especially our wedding cake!); bar and appetizer service were attentive and quick; the DJ did an outstanding job; and the décor and ambiance throughout both the garden and the pavilion were truly breathtaking!

In short, Team CJ truly went above and beyond in making our special day as amazing as possible! (At one point, CJ even took it upon herself to send an employee to the local pharmacy to get a hearing-aid battery for my grandmother!) And to the extent we needed services beyond what CJ offered herself – which were limited essentially to purchasing alcohol and liability insurance, as well as procuring a photographer and florist – CJ put us directly in touch with her network of vendors, all of whom displayed a level professionalism and thoughtfulness to match CJ’s exacting standards.

Bottom line: If you are searching for a beautiful venue with an all-inclusive approach to wedding planning, look no further! You simply will not find another venue in the greater Nashville area that could possibly be more responsive, thoughtful, professional, and helpful in transforming your vision into a reality! We cannot even count how many of our guests told us that ours was the best wedding they had ever attended!

Sent on 10/12/2019
  • O

Olivia · Married on 12/08/2018

CJ’s Off the Square is a dream come true! Their entire team was so helpful. We worked with Janae the most. She made sure she was always available and willing to answer any questions I had. They truly take your vision and bring it to life for you. It was a beautiful, stress-free experience. I’m so glad we chose CJ’s!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Aundrea Olszewski · Married on 11/03/2018

Best wedding decision I made!

I recently got married in November and cannot say enough about CJ's Off the Square. I had Jennifer as my planner and not only was she super responsive and helped me stay on task but had great ideas too. CJ's is beautiful, no matter the time of the year and thanks to the staff there was literally nothing that I had to worry about the day of. The venue is beautiful and makes for an intimate wedding with not a lot of "extras" needed. I was planning the wedding in TN and living in Dallas and had no issues at all doing so. Also, the food and cake were delicious! I have literally nothing to complain about or anything negative to say. Also, we had a guest count of about 120 (including 10 bridesmaids and 10 groomsmen) and had plenty of space, so if you have a larger wedding in mind, don't let that worry you. :)

Sent on 12/09/2018

Misty Johnston · Married on 11/02/2018

Stress-free and Enjoyable

Cj's is not only a classy southern wedding venue. Jennifer was so detailed and thought of everything. She treated us like family through the whole process. Our guests are still commenting on how amazing the night was!!

Sent on 11/18/2018

CJ's Off the Square's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing Misty! You are family now....so don't be a stranger. Come by and say hello any time!

Kathleen Clem · Married on 10/26/2018

Fantastic!

WOW! CJ’s off the Square did not disappoint for our Big Day. If you are down to the last couple of venues to make your wedding dreams come true, don’t look further!! You will absolutely LOVE the entire process with them. Our planner, Jennifer, along with CJ and staff made for a seamless process from beginning to end and no detail was left undone. Rain decided to show up for our day but that made no difference because the staff made everything seem purposeful and guests had no idea. We cannot thank them enough and would highly recommend to any couple planning the happiest day of their lives!

Sent on 11/12/2018

CJ's Off the Square's reply:

Thank you SOOOO much! It was such a pleasure working with you and appreciate you trusting us with your big day!

Kayde · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing!!!

CJ's is literally the best!! We were engaged for nearly 2 years and we were with CJ's and Jennifer for nearly the entire two years. Regardless of our long engagement, they were fantastic from beginning to end. They always answered my questions no matter how early or ahead of schedule we were and never made us feel less important even though our date was so far out. Jennifer is a dream to work with and she made sure our day was absolutely perfect! I could not recommend CJ's enough!

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • Kellie

Kellie · Married on 10/19/2018

Best day ever!!

"We couldn't be happier with CJs Off The Square. The service was 5 star from my first phone call. Jennifer guided us through the process with great recommendations. She was fully hands on throughout the entire process. Our friends and family can not stop talking about how beautiful the venue was and how fabulous the food tasted. THANK YOU Jennifer and the entire staff, my wedding was beyond my dreams!!"

Sent on 11/01/2018
    CJ's Off the Square 17
    CJ's Off the Square 18
    CJ's Off the Square 19
    CJ's Off the Square 20
    CJ's Off the Square 21

Katie · Married on 09/29/2018

Simply the best

We looked at 8 venues before going to CJ’s for the first time. As soon as we met CJ and toured the venue, we knew this was the place for us. This was the best decision we could’ve made for our wedding. People ask us now, 3 months later, if we’d change anything if we could do it all again and honestly, not a THING thanks to CJ’s off the Square. Jennifer (best coordinator ever) helped me plan every step of the way, kept me on a good timeline, gave honest input, and went above and beyond CONSTANTLY over the year before wedding. Planning was a blast and included day trips to Franklin to sit in their lovely planning room and choose every detail of our wedding. It was FUN and NOT stressful! Seriously, looking back, I still can’t believe this was our wedding. I was so happy and calm on that day and surrounded by the beauty of their garden. Plus the catering, cake, service and staff have my guests talking about it even months later...It was a dream come true. I’m forever thankful to CJ’s staff, and I recommend this place to ANYONE wanting a beautiful, stress-free wedding.

Sent on 12/26/2018
    CJ's Off the Square 22
    CJ's Off the Square 23
    CJ's Off the Square 24
    CJ's Off the Square 25
    CJ's Off the Square 26
  • Z

Zach · Married on 09/15/2018

CJ’s Off the Square was the complete package! They completely surpassed our expectations and made our wedding day an unbelievable experience. The staff’s professionalism and attention to detail helped guide us from day one all the way through the wedding day. Our wedding planner, Jennifer, was able to grasp our preferences and apply our style to all facets of the venue. She was highly responsive and made herself available on short notice to discuss any aspect of the planning process. We would highly recommend this venue to any future couple!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Christina · Married on 09/01/2018

CJ's made our wedding day a DREAM COME TRUE! They have an outstanding team who are on point with everything, taking away all the coordination stress away from the bride/groom. It's literally a one stop shop that has all the best vendors out there who know the venue so well. We can't thank them enough! They are truly the best, most organized team a bride could ask for!

Sent on 09/10/2018
    CJ's Off the Square 27
    CJ's Off the Square 28
    CJ's Off the Square 29
    CJ's Off the Square 30
    CJ's Off the Square 31
    CJ's Off the Square 32

MADDY · Married on 08/18/2018

Having our wedding at CJ's one of the best decisions we've ever made! The location is so quaint and intimate, which is exactly what we wanted. All of the staff at CJ's went above and beyond to make our day so special. You can tell they genuinely care about making your big day one of a kind and ensure that everything runs smoothly. They made our day more beautiful and perfect than I could've ever imagined. I have only nice things to say about CJ's. I can't think of one thing I would've changed about our experience!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Dannelle · Married on 07/21/2018

I used CJ's Off the Square as the location for my bridal portraits. For several hours, CJ gave me and my photographer the "run of the house" My photographs came out spectacularly and the natural backdrops in the home and outside were amazing. CJ was super responsive to my emails and I really enjoyed working with her.

Sent on 05/17/2016

CJ's Off the Square's reply:

Thanks Dannelle! You are a stunning bride and I am so glad you enjoyed your portrait session. Your groom is one lucky fella!

Chris · Married on 06/28/2018

In the Nashville area it can be hard to find a wedding venue that is a combination of intimate, beautiful, and elegant, but CJs Off the Square is all of those things. Beyond that, Jennifer, our CJs planner, was SO incredibly helpful. She helped guide us through every step, and no detail was too small. The professionalism and care from everyone at CJs made the whole experience such a delight. I highly recommend this place.

Sent on 08/21/2018

CJ's Off the Square's reply:

Thank you SO much Chris! We are go glad you enjoyed your experience and your kind words me so much to everyone here at CJ's Off the Square. Thank you!

Haylee · Married on 06/16/2018

A Dream Wedding Come True

I could say an infinite amount of spectacular things about CJ's Off the Square. I could go on and on and never truly express how grateful I am that we chose to have our wedding at this wonderful venue. First of all, I am an extremely indecisive person which led to me being a very anxious bride. So many choices!! CJ's was a dream come true for me. Every package, linen, dish, and piece of decor that they offer is beautiful and WOW-worthy. I felt as if anything I chose would look amazing (I was right!), and if I ever came to a point where I was confused or unsure, my beautiful planner Kate would give me a very professional nudge in a direction that she knew I would be very pleased with. CJ herself even assisted with many facets of our wedding, and we were grateful for the personalized touch and attention to detail that both CJ and Kate worked effortlessly to provide. The day itself was just incredible. The food was mind-blowing, the garden was stunning, and anything I needed, they made sure I had in my hands within seconds. My planner (Wonderful Kate. If you can work with Kate, WORK WITH KATE!!) even handed me a bobby pin out of her own updo when mine started to fall at the end of the night. With all of that being said, I hear so many horror stories about brides having to decorate their venue by themselves at the last minute, everyone arriving way too early or way too late, etc. I cannot relate to those stories, as my wedding day was an absolute dream, due in no small part to the fact that the team at CJ's Off the Square knows what they're doing and they know how to do it extremely well, all while making the bride, groom, their families, and their guests feel like royalty. Like I said, there are so many things I would love to say about our experience with CJ's that would simply not fit in this review. I look forward to driving by some day and telling our kids that my husband and I lived a real-life fairytale in that little vintage home and garden. I could never say thank you enough to CJ's Off the Square for that.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Kristina · Married on 06/09/2018

Our experience with CJ’s was perfect from the first time we took our tour to the end of our wedding night. We got our initial tour with CJ. All the staff are incredibly personable and willing to take the time to work with you and answer your questions. They took everybody’s food preferences into consideration and were so incredibly accommodating. Our wedding planner Jennifer is so calm and collected and always made us feel like things would be ok and end up working out. She was so patient through the whole process, with all the changes I wanted and last minute questions. She somehow magically figured out how to get vinyl lettering onto my card box the day of when it was not coming off the paper the way it was supposed to.

Thank you so much CJ, Jennifer, and team! Our wedding day could literally not have bren any more perfect!

Kristina & Stephen