City View Catering Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

C. Brown Married on 07/12/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

They are the BEST in town!! You will not find better food anywhere!!!

Our wedding guests cannot stop talking about the food!! They were blown away! We did food stations & every time someone went to 1 they said it was their favorite! ..... Until they tried the next one! CVC is competitively priced & you get MORE than your money's worth!! They also had very creative ideas for late night snacks etc. And they were VERY mindful of being Covid safe!! We just can't say enough great things about them!! HIRE THEM!! You will be SO thankful you did!
    Allison R. Married on 05/29/2022

10/10 highly recommend!

We are so happy we went with City view for our wedding caterer!! We did 3 tastings with catering companies and from the start City view was the obvious right choice. Aside from the food being amazing, we were constantly impressed by everyone that works for City View. Their high quality service, professionalism and knowledge is exactly who you want to cater your wedding. Everything went very smoothly at our wedding. We have had many people tell us during and after our wedding how great the food was. Highly recommend!!
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
  • User2070362 Recently married
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The only wedding catering place that should be available. Everywhere else something was just not right with their options or service or prices. But this place is honestly the best!
    Allison R. Married on 05/01/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Most amazing food and overall catering experience

Wow! It’s been over a week and we are still hearing feedback from our guests on how amazing the food was. From working with Van in the beginning to Rachel’s prompt updates during the entire planning process and her flawless execution on the day of, we can not be happier with City View and their team. We went pretty different with our meal, brunch type foods, and our menu that was guided by CVC was so creative and beautifully staged. The stations and pre-set salads, all suggested by them made everything move so quick and our guests so happy. They are not the typical “mediocre meat and a side that you wait 40 minutes to be served at a wedding” caterer. They are true chefs that are passionate and family oriented. Rachel and the whole CVC team blew us and our guests away- PLEASE do not think twice about going with them. As a couple that was very out of our comfort zone planning such a big wedding, City View handled so much and was so reassuring and accommodating. I can’t recommend them enough.
    Samantha Y. Married on 04/30/2022

Absolutely amazing!

This team, these people are the most incredible humans on the planet! They make you feel at home right from the start. Sharon, Van and Rachel, man are the coolest people and super responsive. Food was incredible I am still getting compliments and just the process it’s self so easy. 100/10 recommend them for your wedding. You’re definitely missing out if you don’t use them. I have already recommended them to 3 of my other girls friends getting married! Love y’all!

City View Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Samantha!!! You are simply the best! We look forward to meeting your friends and seeing you again in the near future.
  • Laura
    Laura I. Married on 04/23/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

City View was top quality from the first tasting to the service at the wedding. The 1st tasting was so great, we had trouble deciding.

City View food and service was amazing. Our guests all kept telling Us how much they enjoyed the food and how good it was. From the appetizers, to the exceptional salad, to the main course, ALL was so yummy. The food at a wedding is one of the most memorable of details and City View helped to make our event the best!
    Megan H. Married on 04/09/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best catering experience, delicious food, amazing people!

City View was absolutely amazing! Over a month after my wedding and I am still getting feedback from guests that LOVED the food more than anything. Van, Sharon, and Rachel are all wonderful and truly cared about making this the best experience. The tastings were incredible, and I knew from the first visit we had to have them as our caterers. They even tracked down a specific recipe for me, and made it for me to eat at my wedding. I cannot say enough good things about this company and the staff. If I ever need any type of catering in the future, for whatever, I hope to use them again.
  • Susan
    Susan N. Married on 04/09/2022

The Big Day

Working with the team at CityView was a favorable experience. The coordinators really go out of the way on their presentation. The menus are exquisite and the tastings were a joy. Had we been able to choose more than one/two dishes, would have been an absolutely dream. Our choice was over and beyond our expectations. We have heard rave reviews from guests regarding the freshness and quality of our catering. Wish we could do it all over again!!!
  • Gina
    Gina L. Married on 04/02/2022

Amazing and Delicious

Van and his team are exceptional. From the first tasting, which had more food options than you can believe, to communicating with them, to the final tasting, to the wedding day, they exceeded all our expectations. Guests raved about the food and that doesn’t usually happen. The set up was amazing. We wanted stations and Van helped us put that together. Our guests got food quickly and spent time eating and enjoying the reception, not standing in line. The food was delicious. The beautiful plated salads were incredible and blew our guests away. The staff was efficient and happy to be there. We highly recommend City View Catering.
  • Lesli
    Lesli M. Married on 03/08/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Oh Em Gee! City View Catering is FIVE STAR!!!

Not only was our chef gifted with flavor and skill, he was such a wonderful idea guy! His concept after listening to the bride and groom’s desire for dinner, and after….. his suggestions were so on-point with what we really wanted. It was executed PERFECTLY and his staff- *chef’s kiss”! They were so very attentive and fun people to interact with and timely. I cannot recommend City View Catering enough!

City View Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Lesli! It was such an honor being part of your family's special day. We are over the moon with your comments and could not be happier that you enjoyed our food and services. We wish much happiness and joy to the happy couple, and we hope to cross paths again in the near future!
  • Crystal
    Crystal N. Married on 02/26/2022

Magically Delicious

Van and his family took great care of us for our wedding. We had a few strange requests, and they took them in stride. They operate with the utmost professionalism, and you can tell that they truly care about their clients. You cannot go wrong with hiring City View.

When our other vendors found out we'd booked City View, they all had glowing reviews of City View and were excited for their vendor meals. So not only are they well known in the wedding industry in Houston, but they are well loved.

I cannot recommend them enough. If you book them, you will not be disappointed!
  • Crystal
    Crystal P. Married on 01/23/2022

Best Wedding Food

The entire experience was so much of getting ready for our wedding. The tastings were amazing and they’re SO kind by giving you the left overs. You can’t go wrong with anything that you pick. They even surprised us with things we didn’t ask for which was such a treat in itself. Our final tasting was just as amazing as the first. This time it was closer to thanksgiving. My dad noticed they were making apple pies , which he loves , he mentioned to the cooks how great it looked. Before we left that day , one of the cooks have my dad a apple pie. The entire staff is amazing and so extremely kind. This was the best tasting ever and they stood out so much more than the others. I continue to talk about how great they were in presentation, set up’s, and taking care of us for our wedding day. It was worth every penny for sure.
  • Alizia
    Alizia A. Married on 12/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

So amazing and stress free!

From the food to the customer service, my experience was amazing. My guest absolutely loved everything and city view really made everything so easy and stress free. Thank you!!!
    Debbie J. Married on 10/22/2021

Excellent Food

As the parent of the bride, I would highly recommend City View. Customer service was great, but more so the guest said how much they loved the food. Their presentation at the tasting and venue was great. We had so much food at the tasting, I had to bring some home with us. My husband was also give an apple caramel pie to take home as a surprise. You will not be disappointed if you decide on City View.
  • Jeanie
    Jeanie L. Married on 05/08/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

City View Catering- Look no further!

I cannot say enough about how pleased we are with City View Catering! Van and Sharon go above and beyond to ensure that everything from the first tasting to the reception is top notch. Their response time is very fast and all of our questions were answered and addressed. The tastings are like no other! We had 6 guests at the private first tasting and we all left with full stomachs and leftovers to try at home. The presentation is beautiful and the food is fabulous! Truly like being at a 5 star restaurant! Then they allow a final tasting before the wedding. Sharon helped us finalize our selections by creating a colorful, incredible tasting menu for our guests. They will even help with dietary restrictions for guests and special menu options for the bride and groom. At the reception, their staff was professional and the presentation was absolutely beautiful! Our guests raved about the menu items and the efficiency of the buffet line. We selected the City View Salad, Winter Salad, Chicken Wellington, Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin, Julienne Vegetables, Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, and Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes. For the cocktail hour we selected the Bruschetta and Tapanade and International Cheese Display. Hands down the best wedding food ever!! Look no further! Book your tasting and you will see why we are so happy that we chose CVC and have already recommended them to many of our friends! Thank you Van and Sharon for sharing your culinary talents with us!
  • Becca
    Becca S. Married on 04/10/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Outstanding Caterers - need to book!!!

City View Catering was one of my favorite parts of the wedding. First of all, you get two tastings that are complementary and let me tell you, everything is DELICIOUS. I really wish they would open a restaurant! They have SO many options and are willing to let you try everything and anything. We worked with Van but mostly with Rachel. They are pros at catering events and know the ins and outs better than any other caterer we met with. I was told i had the fanciest wedding food from multiple people and they couldnt get enough of it. If you dont book City View you are seriously missing out, such a great company with such a great service! Thank you City View!!!
  • Sally
    Sally F. Married on 04/10/2021

Excellent catering experience!

From the very first time I made an inquiry to CityView Catering about possibly catering our daughter's wedding, Van was very helpful. He was prompt in responding, had many great ideas that we hadn't thought of, and just made the whole process so much more enjoyable! The food was unique and delicious!
    Tennille F. Married on 01/03/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best caterer ever!! Highly recommend.

From our first visit with Van and his team, we were incredibly impressed. The food was amazing, and there were so many options in our price point. We got to meet with City View two times for tastings before our wedding to finalize details.

I have heard from so many people at our wedding say that our food was the best wedding food they have ever had. As my husband and I greeted our guests at dinner, we noticed our guests’ plates basically licked clean. They also gave my husband and I whatever meal we wanted! We chose steak, lobster, and bacon wrapped asparagus; it was incredible!

My guests also commented that the staff was very professional the entire night, which was wonderful to hear.

We love you, City View!
    Stacy M. Married on 12/19/2020

Awesome!!!

City view was great to work with. They made the process very easy and offered great input along the way. All the food was so delicious, it was hard to decide on what to serve. We received many compliments on the food the night of the wedding which was great! We wanted the food to be yummy and hot, which it was. They even made a special dinner for my daughter, the bride and our new son in law! That was a special treat!! We loved the mac and cheese trio SO much, we got some for our Christmas Eve dinner!!!! Highly recommend this vendor for any event!! One word.... YUMMY!!!
    Lexie C. Married on 12/13/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

CityView exceeded ALL of our expectations when it came to catering for our wedding

I can't say enough good things about the experience we had with CityView for our wedding. You can see that Van and his team have a true passion for what they do, and let me tell you, they are REALLY good at it!
    The food was phenomenal and we continue to get rave reviews from our wedding guests- it was definitely a highlight for them!
    The service was even more impeccable. Van and his team made us feel valued and taken care of throughout the process, and the end result was spectacular!
    I will be recommending CityView to all of my Houston-area friends, and will never forget the experience we had for our wedding! THANK YOU, CityView!!
  • F
    Fahlan H. Married on 12/12/2020

Well Worth It!

It is well worth it to make room for City View Catering in your budget! From unbelievable food, to cake cutting, and bussing; they do it all! Van and his amazing team help couples build the perfect menu for their big day. They also construct a well thought out serving plan to ensure guests are taken care. I can not brag on their services enough. They were truly amazing! In fact, my husband and I still have guests talking about how amazing the food was. The comment we hear the most, "IT WAS THE BEST WEDDING FOOD WE HAVE EVER HAD!"
    Morgan M. Married on 11/21/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Out of this world service and food!

Our experience with City View was amazing from start to finish! We had a large tasting before we booked them as a vendor - everything we sampled was beyond amazing and we were even able to take home the leftovers. We had another tasting to pick our menu for the wedding and the food was as good as we had remembered it. Everything went very smoothly on the day of the wedding and we received so many compliments about the food from our guests. The only complaint was from a few people saying their chicken came out slightly cold but that it still tasted fantastic. So glad we booked them for our wedding day!
  • Fox
    Fox P. Married on 11/21/2020

Unparalleled quality, incredible presentation

Sharon and her team were amazing to work with. Their food was top notch-- even dishes I normally don't care for became exquisite treats when I had them at her tastings. I don't know how she does it-- but there wasn't a single thing I have eaten from CityView Catering that I wasn't impressed with.

CityView not only knocked it out of the park on the taste front, but their presentation of the food was on point. The way they bundle the salad-- inviting the guest to open it and unfurl the greens, sets the tone for the excellence to follow. I hope one of our photographers got some pictures of the appetizer bar. I loved it!

You won't go wrong with CityView. I would consider them for catering anything-- and I'm grateful I had the opportunity to have them serve our guests.
    Kathryn P. Married on 11/13/2020

Excellent Food and Service

City View Catering went above and beyond for our wedding! The one thing that we wanted to make sure of was that our guests enjoyed their meals and had a great time. Every single person that we talked to said that they LOVED the food, not one complaint! City View even made sure to accommodate our guests with allergies to ensure they would be able to eat their meals. They made great recommendations for us at our tasting and made sure that we were 100% happy with our choices. I would definitely recommend City View for an event of any size!
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message