165 Reviews for CITY SWEETS & CONFECTIONS

Gluten Free (2)
Lactose Free (1)
Vegan (1)
165 CITY SWEETS & CONFECTIONS Reviews

We came to Deborah last minute because another baker couldnt fulfill our gluten free cake request. The cake was gorgeous and yummy!!!! Just one of the easiest experiences in the whole wedding process! And did I say the cake was YUMMY!!!!

Profile Picture Keisha, 9/17/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Great quality, attention to detail, awesome cakes and decor.

Profile Picture diana, 7/2/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

In planning our NYC wedding from London, it was important to use that we had our cake provided by someone we could trust. We contacted multiple cake vendors and were lucky enough to land on City Sweets and Confections.

Deborah was fantastic to work with -- from the first call we had with her she was the best. She listened to our vision for the cake and provided helpful suggestions and ideas for what she could do to make it perfect.

But what about the tasting living overseas? Deborah took the time to provide us a tasting one week before our wedding, the day after we arrived in NYC, so we knew we would have the cake that we wanted. When disaster struck and we got caught in traffic going from the Bronx to Manhattan, and we were over an hour late to the tasting (getting on past 7pm), Deborah boxed up a number of the most popular cakes and creams for us to take back to our hotel and test at our leisure, letting us know she was available if we had any questions. It really felt like she went out of her way to make us happy and cared about our event.

We selected the delicious red velvet, and when we saw the cake at the event our jaws dropped. It was absolutely amazing. We received many compliments on how it looked, and tasted, and we look at the pictures now and still talk about how great it was. Deborah worked with our budget, was incredibly friendly, and we couldn't be more happy with how everything worked out. Thank you, Deborah!

Profile Picture James, 12/18/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

AMAZING work.....Love to see such great customer service!

Profile Picture User7547709, 1+ year ago, 13 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Thank you Deborah, your work is amazing! Our wedding cake looked just marvelous and it was delicious too!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I love their cakes and I love their designs. Their prices are also reasonable.

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The got to place for wedding cakes!

Profile Picture monica, 2/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Kinjal and I absolutely LOVED our wedding cake! Deborah is the best, she worked with us to make a stunning, delicious cake!! Can't wait to see the official pictures :)

Profile Picture Karishma, 8/22/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Deborah was wonderful to work with and is truly an artist when it comes to creating cakes. She helped us design a stunning cake and using pictures of the lace on my dress, hand-piped every other layer to match it. The flowers on our cake looked so real and almost too beautiful to eat. Her cakes don't just look beautiful, they taste delicious! Deborah was helpful when choosing pairings and completely open to our ideas and suggestions. We loved working with her and highly recommend!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User5514578, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Deborah was incredibly thoughtful from start to finish. Her cakes are delicious and our wedding guests loved her Prosecco cake with three berry filling. Additionally, I have a gluten allergy and tried many bakeries that are "known" for their gluten free cakes, but Deborah makes the best. Our guests had no idea! We attended another wedding a year later and her cake was again delicious. If you want a cake that is guaranteed to be delicious City Sweets & Confections is your place.

Profile Picture Cristina, 6/1/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Gluten Free, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

When we needed a cake on somewhat short notice (about 2 weeks before our wedding), Deborah said she could do it and arranged a tasting for us on what happened to be a snowstorm that threatened to shut down the city. Not only didn't she cancel, but we stayed for hours having great conversation with her, and she was so responsive to our ideas and questions. The cake at the tasting was amazing and she lets you try a whole bunch of cake and frosting flavors when you go! We ended up with a beautiful 4-tier butter cream cake with 3 flavors (one extra tier for us to take home): Green tea/lemon frosting, Red Velvet/Mocha frosting, and Vanilla/peanut butter chocolate frosting. She is so professional and friendly and everyone raved about the taste of the cake and most people tried 2 or all 3 flavors! We can't wait to come back from our honeymoon and eat the tier we took home!

Profile Picture Mara, 2/15/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Deborah at City Sweets is fantastic! From the moment we spoke on the phone I knew that I wanted to hire her to create our wedding cake. At our initial meeting I brought 2-3 photos and Deborah took it from there. She offers unique flavors (champagne cake) and is a truly talented artist. Our cake was exquisite! I had asked for huge flowers made of frosting and they where everything I had envisioned and more. If you are looking for incredible service and the best cake you have ever tasted there is only one person to call.

Profile Picture Danielle, 11/8/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Deborah was amazing! Not only was the cake PERFECT for my daughter but she was so professional from the moment I saw her website to all the times I spoke with her. The most notable of many great experiences was how willing she was to talk or communicate with me at all hours of the day. I'm sure she does not want to make a practice of that; but she took such care of getting every detail down of a vision my daughter wanted for her cake that she communicated at our convenience which was not always normal hours. City Sweets was by far the most professional and reliable vendor we have dealt with so far. Wonderful professional lady running this show.

Profile Picture Erni, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Deborah at City Sweets & Confections was one of the most responsive and trustworthy vendors I worked with out of all vendors for my wedding. It was so great to work with someone who I could not only trust completely to create such a beautiful cake, but was also enjoyable to work with. I received so many compliments on how amazing the cake tasted in addition to how great it looked, I really couldn't have been happier. I would recommend Deborah to all of my friends and family.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Deb Lauren is an artist and someone who certainly knows her sweets! She helped us pick out the flavors for our wedding cake and was so accommodating to our gluten free guests! The cake was STUNNING...and we received so many compliments on the freshness of the cake and how wonderful it tasted. Even though everyone was full, they still ate their cake!!! Thank you Deb! xo

Profile Picture Janine, 11/23/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Deborah! We cannot thank you enough for the most amazing and delicious wedding cake! Our guests were extremely impressed with the intricate detail and of course the multiple flavors you included. The cake was out of this world and we greatly appreciate all of your amazing talents! Thank you again for adding that special touch to the most amazing day of our lives! You are highly recommended by Katrina and Charlie!

Much love!

Profile Picture Katrina, 10/12/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Deborah is not only an amazing artist but such a sweetheart!! First of all, our wedding cake was delicious and a work of art!! She made all my dreams and crazy pinterest ideas come to life!! I couldn't stop staring at my cake during the reception and remember thinking, "I can't believe this gorgeous cake is ours!!". She is such a sweetheart because she assured us that a year old cake is not going to be delicious. She was able to make us a fresh cake with the flavor of our choice on our anniversary and it really meant so much to us! I recommend Deborah to any bride. She is so easy to work with and talk to!! Love her!!!!

Profile Picture Anna, 8/30/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Deb Lauren at City Sweets is an amazing artist! Not only was our cake beautiful, but tasted great. Her flavor selections are the best. She uses only the best ingredients to flavor her cakes and fillings and it is evident when you taste them. We had 4 different layers and each was to die for. Champagne cake with berry filling, lemon cake with lemon filling, chocolate cake (like none other) with vanilla filling, and vanilla cake with vanilla filling. Every layer was so flavorful. Guests commented nonstop on how great the cake was. Would use her again in a heartbeat!!!

Profile Picture Candice, 8/10/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Deborah did a fabulous job creating the cake for our wedding! She is so creative and talented and the final product was gorgeous. My guests loved her cake and she was so easy to work with throughout the process. We HIGHLY recommend her!

Thanks again Deborah xo

Profile Picture Rebecca, 7/4/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Deborah Lauren is fantastic. She was the first wedding cake vendor we saw and we fell in love right away. My husband and I are into a really unique blend of flavors and foods, so when we heard about the champagne cake, we knew we had to try it. Yeah, it's as good as it sounds, and with berry frosting in the middle, it's to die for! I wish I could preserve the cake top we have forever, but we don't even plan to wrap it and freeze it for our first anniversary, it's THAT good (we just may order another fresh one instead ;) ). The design of the cake was really beautiful as well, as Deborah took two of her previous designs and combined it into one--truly the work of an artist! I highly recommend City Sweets, and will definitely do business with her again!

Profile Picture Elisa Rocco, 6/30/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Ms. Deborah is a god send. From our first conversation on the phone I knew she was going to e my wedding cake designer. On the day of the consultation (even after I had to cancel a few times) she was so pleasant and helpful. I am a picky bride and I changed mind 2 or 3 times and she never gave me any worry she made my husband and I a delicious and beautiful cake. It was better than I could ever imagine. She has such a kind heart and will make your wedding day dreams come true as she did ours. :)

Profile Picture Teya, 6/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Deborah is a true talent. The cake was beautiful and it tasted amazing. Very easy to work with and responsive. I am contacting her again the next time I need cake!!

Profile Picture Marsha, 5/26/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The wedding cake was absolutely amazing - it was definitely a work of art! Deborah created a gorgeous five-tiered wedding cake for us with different flavors in alternating tiers. We received so many compliments on the taste and look of the cake. The cake was so moist and delicious - probably the best wedding cake I've had. We love the combo of green tea and chai tea flavored cakes. Also, the cake looked beautiful and fit our spring wedding theme so well! Deborah is a pleasure to work with - she is professional, responsive and really flexible to accommodate our needs. We are so looking forward to our first anniversary to eat the cake again!Thank you so much Deborah!

Profile Picture User2846930, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Most amazing cake that we have had in our life. Thank you for being so patient with us and understanding our needs. Our guests loved the cake

Profile Picture Samantha, 3/23/13, 2 Reviews