City Lights Studio, LLC Reviews

City Lights Studio, LLC 1
City Lights Studio, LLC 2

Krista · Married on 10/27/2018

Erica is the best!

Honestly I can’t say enough amazing things about Erica. We booked her 16 months ahead from our wedding because we knew we needed her for our big day! From the initial meeting all the way to the end of our reception she was phenomonal. Always answering our emails with honesty and professionalism. She recommended so many spots for our engagement and first look photos that we loved! Her photography skills are amazing and she really pays attention to the small details. Even during crisis’ (my husbands button fell off his suit jacket and had to be sewed back on) she was always calm and at ease ready to help out any way she could!! Honestly I couldn’t imagine my wedding process without her. Thank you so so much Erica!! We can’t wait to see the amazing pictures!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Kaitlin · Married on 09/28/2018

Choosing Erica to capture our wedding day meant so much to us. When I first came across her work, I knew that was exactly how I wanted to remember my day. Once we met with Erica, there was no doubt she was the photographer we had to pick! From our first meeting she was FULL of smiles, hugs, and made us feel like we were friends! We were so comfortable with Erica, that alone meant so much to us. She always responded to my many emails in a timely manner, and answered any questions I had. On our big day she brought Steve with her and he was just as amazing as she was! They were much much more than just photographers on our big day. They helped with so much, they made our day even more special. Any bump in the road that had occurred, Erica was right there taking care of it. I will never forget how amazing Erica is and will always be so thankful that I chose City Lights Studio to be a part of the biggest day of my life. I will certainly recommend City Lights Studio to anyone I know looking for a photgrapher!!

Sent on 09/30/2018
    City Lights Studio, LLC 3
    City Lights Studio, LLC 4

Angela · Married on 07/27/2018

Erica is amazing! A few of our friends used city lights for their wedding so we decided to do the same and so glad we did. Through the planning process she made us feel at ease and was such a pleasure to meet and work with. The day of the wedding day she was so much fun and always smiling. We had a BIG wedding party so having her wrangle everyone for hours taking pictures- her and Steven did a fabulous job, I can't say enough great things about them. We cannot wait to see all fabulous pictures!!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 06/24/2017

Erica did our engagement photographs and was incredible. She was so much fun to work with, it felt like we were just having a blast and laughing in the park instead of a formal engagement shoot. And the photographs are beautiful, they completely tell who we are as a couple. She was professional, sweet, responsive and a joy to work with. I wish there was a way to rate higher than 5 stars, because she deserves it.

Sent on 06/28/2015

Jillian · Married on 06/10/2017

To say City Lights Studio is great is an understatement by a long shot! I've had the pleasure of having Erica capture my son's first birthday shoot, my engagement pictures, and most recently my amazing wedding pictures!! Erica is by far one of the nicest, caring, and most fun people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. At each and every shoot she has made myself, my husband, and most importantly even my son feel so at ease and comfortable! And each time I got the returned product I was even more impressed each time! These photos are memories I will have forever and I would not have wanted anyone else to be the one to capture them. I truly have a photographer for life!!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Ghadeer · Married on 09/22/2016

Our family photoshoot session was amazing with Erica, she is a wonderful person and great photographer. It was the best photoshoot experience we have ever had!!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2016

Choosing City Lights was the best wedding planning decision we made! Erica goes above and beyond for her clients, is very easy to reach, and so fun to be around which is key for being comfortable in front of the camera. She was so open to whatever ideas I had, and so eager to offer amazing suggestions when needed. I thought an engagement shoot would be awkward, but it was included in our package, and it ended up being a blast and the pictures turned out amazingly beautiful. I will cherish the wedding photos forever. They couldn't be more perfect or more representative of us as a couple. The compliments we get on our wedding photos are never-ending. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!

Sent on 01/03/2017

mecaila · Married on 05/29/2016

My husband and I were lucky to have City Lights Studio take pictures for our wedding! We got married last year during Memorial Day weekend at the Foundry on Elmwood. They were very professional, friendly, and genuine ever since we met during our consultation. The pictures came out beautiful! Our poses were not forced and felt natural, which was the best part. They definitely know what they are doing!

Sent on 04/19/2017

Jill · Married on 05/21/2016

Hiring City Lights as our wedding photographer was one of the greatest decisions we made! Erica is an extremely talented and creative photographer who truly puts her whole heart into every photo session. Her attention to detail, personal touches, quick email responses, guidance on photo locations and more is what stands her apart from any other photographer in Buffalo. Erica truly takes an interest in you as a couple, your planning process and is more than willing to help or make suggestions on areas outside of photography - which was very helpful!

Our engagement photos came out beautifully and made us even more excited for the wedding day. On our big day Erica and her team were absolutely wonderful and exceed all expectations! Incredibly creative, helpful with giving us direction, willingness to take any photo we suggested, and capturing every detail of the night! I can not say enough wonderful things about how talented and passionate Erica is as a photographer and can not recommend City Lights Studio enough!

Sent on 06/07/2016

City Lights was amazing! Very true to their deadlines! We received a sneak peak of our first 100 pictures one month after the wedding and received all the rest just 2 weeks later as promised!!!! Beautiful pictures ❤️

Sent on 10/07/2015

Erica at City Lights Studio was the most amazing, thorough, thoughtful and detailed photographer I have ever known. The photos were absolutely stunning and she managed to capture the little moments that I didn't even know happened. She was always willing to go with the flow and handled the tough task of photographing drunken groomsmen with a straight face and kind words. Such a wonderful experience.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Erica and her assistant were absolutely wonderful to work with from beginning to end! Not only did Erica meet with me and answer all my questions, she also provided me with helpful suggestions and recommendations, and she never steered me wrong. She was always available, and made my husband and I feel so special and excited. We were very blessed to share our day with City Lights!

Sent on 09/08/2015
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 06/27/2015

You know how there some moments in life you wish you could capture exactly as they are - the lighting, the mood, the moment - but just can't seem to get the job done? Well, Erica at City Lights NAILS IT. We are just beyond pleased with everything about City Lights, from the careful planning in the months leading up to the wedding to making sure they captured all kinds of moments and special details the day of. Erica is so easy to work with and encourages your personality to shine through and be who you are throughout the day as she snaps photos. We would recommend City Lights to anyone and everyone...we'll be back for maternity and baby photos...in a few years ;)

Sent on 07/27/2015
  • Mandy

Mandy · Married on 06/06/2015

I was destined to be a City Lights Studio bride - I was a bridesmaid with them twice! I knew Erica was perfect for us when she was leaving the wedding I was in back in 2014 and she said, "Wherever in the world you get married - LET ME KNOW". When I emailed Erica to see if she was interested in coming to Mexico to shoot our destination wedding and it was the ONLY weekend she was free it felt like we were destined to work together.

Erica's work speaks for itself. It's stunning and her style is so beautiful you can't help but gasp at the beauty she is able to capture. The best part about working with Erica is HER. I joked that if she weren't the photographer that she would have been an invited guest. She is SO fun and her complete joy for life and her craft shines through in all of her pictures.

I can't recommend City Lights Studio enough!!!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Valerie · Married on 03/22/2015

I could probably sit here and write a full book on why Erica is the best wedding photographer in Buffalo (and on the planet), but really all one needs to do is take a look at her work! If that didn't seal the deal then just give her a call! She is amazing, her work is amazing, and I couldn't of asked for anything better on our wedding day. I true talent who loves her city <3

Sent on 07/20/2015

City Lights surpassed expectations. My husband and I had been referred to them by a friend, and when we started researching them, there was no question about who we wanted to photograph our special wedding day. Erica and Steve were extremely wonderful to work with, and they were a lot of fun! They ensured they captured every special moment; even ones I did not realize had happened! We could not imagine having better photography to have captured every moment, and each photograph is absolutely beautiful. Erica and Steve took their time with our wedding, and it was apparent that on our wedding day, our wedding seemed to be the only thing that mattered to them. Each photograph will last a lifetime, and all together, we can relive our perfect day over and over.

Sent on 01/31/2015

Heather · Married on 11/22/2014

Erica is simply amazing! From our engagement photo shoot until wedding day, I truly felt that Erica was much more than a photographer but a friend as well! She provided quick responses to all my emails, worked with me to help choose photo locations and even offered advice and support during the Blizzard when we were unsure if we would have all we needed to complete the wedding! During shoots, she was so much fun and handled our crazy wedding party with ease! She even could tell when I needed a break because they (wedding party) were driving me crazy! lol You can tell that her photos are perfection by simply looking through her work, I have had people see some of our photos and think they were magazine covers! She captures unique shots and is open to your ideas as well! She truly makes the long process of photos fun and enjoyable. I actually wanted to keep taking pictures! There's no doubt in my mind that my husband and I will continue to choose Erica for all of our photography needs!!!

Sent on 12/06/2014

We had such a great time working with Erica! She is such a talented and creative photographer - we have so many amazing pics, they look like they're straight out of a magazine! We also had so many awesome action shots from the reception. I highly recommend city lights and look forward to working with them again in the future :-)

Sent on 11/26/2014

Cassandra · Married on 09/14/2014

Erica and her team did a great job to capture our day. She went above and beyond to make me have a feel special.

Sent on 12/13/2014

Chelsea · Married on 08/29/2014

Choosing City Lights Studio for the photos of our wedding was by far the easiest and best decision we have ever made. Erica is one of the most understanding, laid back, kind hearted individuals I have every met. Not only did Erica shoot my wedding but she also was my sisters photographer for her wedding, her pregnancy photos and a sister photo shoot that we did a few years ago and each and every time I was amazed at about the photos she captured.
    From the very first meeting with Erica she put us at ease with all the details that went into the photos of our wedding. She gave advice on specific locations we had in mind our engagement session ( which took 4 separate dates due to bad weather and each time she was available) and for the day of the wedding and helped us choose which one would be best for our group, the weather conditions predicted and the time of day. Throughout our big day she made sure I had everything, knew when to take a little break and helped keep our bridal party focused. She always had our best interests in mind. At our reception and still to this day I have people asking for her contact information for their future weddings or family photo shoots. Her professionalism shines though in everything she does and I will use Erica time and time again for photos in the future.
    Best decision we have ever made.

Sent on 02/09/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/05/2014

Erica put us at ease from the first meeting. She smiled and waved over our Skype session, and we really liked her warm personality. She was responsive from the first moment of contact, and she never wavered from that. She's detail oriented, positive, really fun, enthusiastic, helpful, and a spectacular photographer to boot!
    She is customer focused, and she adds little touches to everything. When we first signed our contract, she sent us cookies! Even from 7 hours away (we live in Philly), Erica managed to exude constant warmth through emails, phone calls, and thoughtful touches that made us feel prepared and valued as her clients.
    Our engagement photos were awesome, and my husband is not the world's most photogenic person, so that's saying something! On the wedding day, she and her assistant had us all laughing and smiling even when the cameras weren't raised. When the cameras were raised, they were shooting an amazing collection of photos. Weeks later, I still can't stop looking at them!
    It's hard to put this review into words, and I don't know how to explain how awesome Erica/City Lights is, so I'll also use some quotes from friends/family:
    1. My new (Philly area) mother-in-law: "I wish the photographer was in Philly so that I could recommend her to everyone I know."
    2. friend quote on Erica's blog post on our wedding: "These are seriously the best wedding photos I've ever seen! Wowza!"
    3. Friend quote on Erica's blog post on our wedding: "hands down the best wedding pictures i have ever seen! you two look so amazing and happy i love this so much!"
    4. my husband's aunt: "Absolute perfection. Your photographer is absolutely amazing. One of the best I've ever seen!"
    5. A bridesmaid on hanging out with Erica and assistant: "funniest photographers ever!"

Sent on 08/20/2014

Shannon · Married on 06/28/2014

My husband and I had a bit of a tricky time finding the right photographer for our wedding. The people we were meeting were either out of our price range or just not that impressive. We also received many response e-mails saying that they were already booked for our wedding date. Luckily, one of those responses also came with a recommendation for City Lights. After meeting Erica for the first time I knew that all the trouble we had was a blessing in disguise. Looking through her work, it was very easy to see how talented and creative she is. She is very welcoming, friendly, easy to talk to and I could tell she would do everything she could to capture our wedding beautifully. And when it comes to client service, she takes the cake. She does the little things that no one else takes the time to do. The surprise gifts or message she sends to show her excitement as the wedding date gets closer is so unique. Personal touches like that are hard to find. Erica was very thorough in the planning process. She had me e-mail her any shots I was thinking of trying to get and made sure to get a list of the people we wanted in our family or group photos so no one would get left out. I appreciated that because it is hard to think on your wedding day and she took that part over for me a little! Her and Michelle were both so fantastic the entire day. Our ceremony was outside, it was extremely hot, they were both wearing all black, and they did not complain for a second. They got every shot we had envisioned. One in particular, the one I wanted most of all, involved sparklers. Once the reception was over, Erica and Michelle stayed even longer to get my dream photo. To capture it the exposure had to be very long and it took us several tries to get it. Their patience and determination was that of saints! There are no words to express how great my appreciation is. I am so thankful we found City Lights and would recommend them to EVERYONE! I will book them for all future photo sessions!

Sent on 07/30/2014
  • User4202359 · 2+ years ago

Hiring Erica was hands down the best wedding decision we made. She is everything that you'd hope for in a photographer: prompt, attentive, accessible in the months leading up to the wedding, easy to talk to, and professional. Her attention to detail and many personal touches made the months and weeks leading up to the wedding so enjoyable and fun. Not to mention her overall style and approach to photography: she made the entire wedding party feel so comfortable and relaxed--not an easy feat! We had so much fun doing our wedding party shoot, and Erica was wonderful during the ceremony and reception. We didn't even know she was there! The pictures are amazing and we are so grateful. DEFINITELY work with Erica--she is the best!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Marnie · Married on 09/28/2013

Anyone who looks at the City Lights Studios website can clearly see the level of talent in their photographers through the unique, beautiful, dynamic pictures they take. What you can't see is the level of professionalism, the quality and consistency of service, and the genuine care and consideration to make sure that your wedding day is captured and remembered the way that you always dreamed. Choosing a wedding photographer can be stressful and scary given that these "strangers" are held responsible for capturing the emotion, beauty, happiness, and love throughout the day. You will quickly realize that Erica and her team will not be strangers for long. They treat you like family and make sure your day is all about you. Not many photographers will make sure your Spanx are not visible in any photo and at the same time encourage group photos with foreigners and are ok with sneaking into grain elevators. Upon your first meeting, you leave in awe and excitement. After your wedding you are left with sheer appreciation and eagerness to see their work. A few short weeks later, you get to relive your perfect day through pages of pages of amazing photographs. And just when you think you couldn't be any happier with your choice of City Lights, you receive proof that you have made the best decision with the BEST photographers in Buffalo. Unlike all other vendors that you work with on your wedding day, your relationship with Erica has just begun and I can assure you, you will feel forever grateful for this new found friend. It is without any reservation that I recommend City Lights Studio.

Sent on 12/17/2013

Leah · Married on 09/01/2013

I have used City Lights Studio for not only my wedding but also an engagement shoot, family shoot and head shot photo shoot. Erica (owner) is very easy to work with and we always end up having a blast during our photo shoots. When choosing a photographer for your wedding you must keep in mind that you will spend most of your wedding day with your photographer. You want someone that is easy to work with, knows just where to be at the right time and also makes you feel at ease. Erica at City Lights Studio met all of those requirements and more. Our pictures are beautiful and will be a cherished memory for years to come!

Sent on 06/21/2015