City Kitchen Reviews

39 | Fort Worth, TX

39 Reviews for City Kitchen

Kristi · Married on 05/05/2018

We held our wedding in the North Dallas area, and City Kitchen did an AMAZING job! Everyone absolutely loved the food! We had a Mexican inspired wedding, and they created a great menu for us. We can’t thank them enough!

Sent on 06/17/2018

City Kitchen was our caterer for our Fort Worth Stockyards reception. I highly recommend the caesar salad, king ranch tomatillo chicken, and the mac-and-cheese. Our guests went back for seconds and thirds for the mac-and-cheese. It was some of the best I've ever had. It was absolutely delicious.

Sent on 05/09/2016

Amy · Married on 04/09/2016

City Kitchen was amazing to work with! They allowed me to customize as much as I wanted. They were able to make Arabic inspired appetizers with the recipes I gave them as well as tweak what they had on the menu so that I liked it better. The food at the wedding was mouth watering! I got so many compliments from the guests and I wish I had been able to eat more of it myself! SO GOOD! They also worked with me on every single detail and timing of the whole dinner and cut and served my cake for free! I had no worries with Michelle in charge of the evening. I definitely recommend City Kitchen!

Sent on 06/17/2016

City Kitchen was a GREAT choice for catering our wedding. They put together an amazing menu to cater to both families' tastes and were so easy to work with. Lisa headed our catering team and she was INCREDIBLE. She even made sure to list what every item was so that the guests who had food allergies would know what they could and couldn't have. The whole team we had at the reception was wonderful and they all did amazingly. The bartender we got through City Kitchen was also spectacular.

Everyone at the wedding told me they loved the food. Oh my goodness it was SO GOOD.

Fantastic caterers. Great people. Amazing food.

Sent on 11/04/2015

anthony · Married on 09/05/2015

When I met with Judy from City Kitchen I knew they were the way to go. We hired Judy as our coordinator as well. She is amazing at what she does. City Kitchen does it all. We even got our cake from them. Jose did an amazing job. I have people still talking about his work. Feel free to check out Wonderful Kakes to see his work. We also requested a candy bar for our wedding, and it looked amazing. If we only knew they did it all we would have had them do our entire wedding. The food was delicious, would definitely recommend

Sent on 09/16/2015

Vanessa · Married on 05/24/2015

I truly don't have a negative thing to say about City Kitchen! When my husband and I first contacted them to do the catering we went to the meeting prepared to talk about food - I had images of cute mini appetizers, specialty cocktail drinks and an idea about what we wanted to serve as our entrees - and after all that was discussed Brandi said "how can we help you with flowers, the cake and day of services?" I had no idea at the time of the meeting that they offered all these other services! They were with me from day one and always there to answer all my questions and see all my ideas. I felt this helped when the day finally came since they knew exactly what my expectations were and what my vision looked like and executed it perfectly!

The food was delicious! We did Spinach salad with 3 types of dressings, rolls, pecan crusted chicken and roast beef for the entrees with garlic green beans and roasted potatoes as the sides. We got compliments by everyone at the wedding. I have been to some weddings where the buffet food is cold and doesn't taste fresh - this was NOT the case with City Kitchen. My husband and I decided to eat separately in another room and they brought us our plates and the presentation was perfect. For cocktail hour we had the following passed appetizers: mini pigs in a blanket on beer shooters, mini spinach artichoke dip cups and veggie stalks in avocado ranch dressing and they did a great job making my pinterest pins a truly tasty reality!

They offer a tremendous value for the flowers as well. The flowers are bought from a wholesale market at a discounted price and they arrange them with vases and containers stocked in their warehouse - which all cuts down on the price since you aren't being charged a rental fee for the containers or having to purchase them yourselves. Plus it was fun getting to go to a flower market and walk around and pick up bunches of flowers and put them together to get a feel for what your arrangements will be.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Claire · Married on 10/25/2014

Absolutely delicious food! City Kitchen was highly recommended and I now know why! Great food, beautifully displayed and guests loved it!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Britany · Married on 10/04/2014

Lisa was a doll! Everyone at our wedding loved the food! Every guest said they left full and they were impressed with the quality of food.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Shannon · Married on 09/27/2014

I just wanted to let everyone know what a huge difference Shana Fluker with City Kitchen made in helping create my daughter's dream wedding! She was the person who I could turn to for questions, guidance, and understanding. She was so calming in her demeanor and delivery. She was always positive and reassuring anytime I was becoming flustered. She was always willing to jump right in when she saw I needed help in decision making, readily offering wonderful choices. I truly don't think I could have done this event without her. She was a Godsend!!
    City Kitchen will always be number one in my book! I will highly recommend this company for catering any time, anywhere. The staff was truly some of the most courteous and professional that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. The food was wonderful. I received lots of compliments, even from some self-proclaimed "foodies"! The appetizers were a huge hit! The meal was hot and delicious. The table linens were perfect and every detail was attended to in a proper manner. I could not have asked for a more positive experience! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you City Kitchen!!
    I will happily become a public spokesperson for City Kitchen and best of all...Shana Fluker!!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Katie · Married on 06/21/2014

City Kitchen Catering DID THE BEST JOB making our wedding day PERFECT! People were talking about the food NON-STOP for weeks and weeks afterwards! We worked with Judy, who was so sweet and easy to work with. We used City Kitchen for passed appetizers, and stations, as well as their bartenders. I would show Judy pictures from pinterest of what I was hoping it would look like, and when I looked out on my wedding day, THERE it was :) I knew when we went in for our tasting that we had made the right decision.....the food, and I mean all of it, was to die for, and the entire staff was extremely professional and courteous. I would definitely recommend using this caterer for your next event!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Corine · Married on 04/19/2014

I have nothing but great things to say about City Kitchen! I planned my wedding long distance and could not have done it without Sharée’s help. She was so patient and helpful during the whole planning process. Their menu has so many delicious options that it was difficult to decide what to serve. For our entrees we decided on the Mojito Chicken and by special request Beef Wellington. All the food was incredible and many guests complimented it. Sharée did our day of coordinating and as a result our ceremony and reception were flawless. We also went through City Kitchen for our servers and bartender, who were all very professional and did an outstanding job. I could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 04/27/2014

Rebecca · Married on 11/29/2013

Granted the venue did all of the corresponding with the caterer. However, the day of the tasting and the day of the wedding was great! We loved their food. They were very flexible with our many questions and very responsive. We had a mac n' cheese bar, which was a huge hit and so good. They did a great job with the presentation and service.

Sent on 12/09/2013

Vickie · Married on 10/26/2013

Outstanding food, service, attention to details. Most grateful Judy of City Kitchen and her wonderful staff were available to take our only daughter's wedding reception. We had a sit down dinner and all of the guests complimented and wanted to know who catered the affair. Great success!

Thank you, Judy, you are the best!

Dave and Vickie Lunden

Sent on 11/07/2013

Madison · Married on 10/05/2013

What a wonderful experience using City Kitchen was! My reception was held at Delaney Vineyards in Grapevine, and City Kitchen was one of four preferred vendors that they use. After learning a little bit more about the strenuous process and quality of service that Delaney requires, my respect for City Kitchen only grew and I was not disappointed!

Not only will you find kind and professional associates, but you will love everything about your experience from the moment you first meet them. Their food options are familiar, yet original and the chef can customize everything specifically to your likes and dislikes. He changed his recipe for his honey mustard sauce at my request! I loved working with Judy and Toan throughout this process, from determining linen colors, to silverware counts and every other little detail. As most of the decisions you will probably make ultimately come back to your caterer--make sure you choose wisely! City Kitchen was it for me!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Mattie · Married on 04/12/2013

City kitchen has the best food ever. Our guest are still talking about how great our food was. Judy and her team were amazing. Couldn't have done it with out them. We hired Judy for our day of coordinator and she was fabulous as well as her assistant.

Sent on 05/13/2013

Their food was awesome and they not only provided all the food, but also the wedding cake. They have a great baker who can create any cake you could want by looking at a picture. Their staff was easy to work with and they will make all your dreams come true. Their prices meet everyones budget.

Sent on 02/10/2013

Must people don't talk about the food after a wedding, but our friends and family can't stop talking about it! Judy was a complete joy to work with and was super responsive. Was very professional and we didn't have to worry about a thing.

Sent on 08/05/2012
  • Kristy

Kristy · Married on 05/18/2012

Feel in love with Mrs. Judy's personality and the food was just as GREAT! The tasting went very well last year, and I was a little nervous the food would not taste the same on the day! The FOOD was better on our wedding day and the service was excellent! She was very accomodating! I plan to use her services again soon!

Sent on 05/26/2012
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 01/15/2012

Excellent food and excellent service! I was so happy to work with City Kitchen. Judy, the wedding planner, was such a pleasure! And they took care of everything at the reception, rentals and all, at a good price! Very flexible and considerate, I could tell that they really wanted to help us make a beautiful day.

Sent on 01/31/2012

Leslie · Married on 12/17/2011

Brandi at City Kitchen is absolutely the best!! She helped with everything from catering to setting up all of our decor the day of the wedding. The food was fantastic, as well as our cake! I highly recommend City Kitchen for your wedding!

~Leslie H.

Sent on 01/10/2012

Heather · Married on 09/24/2011

I chose City Kitchen for my wedding after working in the wedding industry for several years and working with many different caterers. They also catered one of my good friend's wedding and did a great job. They are amazing and the food is awesome!! We also used them for our cakes---they had great prices and the cakes were so incredibly good! I have always loved their food and they didn't disappoint at our reception!

I saw some comments that they didn't bring cake cutters, but it is generally the bride & groom's responsibility to provide the cake cutter. Even so, they had an extra one there in case we didn't bring ours.

Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/10/2011
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 09/10/2011

The food was delicious! The cake was stunning and everything went wonderful!

Sent on 09/12/2011
  • pinkchampagne

Ashley · Married on 07/03/2010

City Kitchen was positively wonderful in every way. Brandi was an absolute angel, and went above and beyond the call of duty both before and during the wedding. Whether she was letting me borrow votive cups (free of charge I might add) or working with my crazy schedule as I planned a wedding from 2 states away, she was just a dream to work with and so sweet that I felt like she was just one of my girlfriends! I cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 11/04/2010
  • Adri

Adriana · Married on 06/13/2010

Ann at City Kitchen was so great to work with! I wanted a Mac n' cheese bar at my wedding, and they were happy to accommodate! The food was fabulous and everyone at the wedding raved about it!

Sent on 06/24/2010

Ashley · Married on 05/30/2010

my favorite vendor!!! I used CityKitchen for catering, some rentals, and coordination.
    Catering: AWESOME food... we have received so many compliments on how great the food was. They didn't try to talk us into buying more food than we needed... actually they talked me into less food and it was perfect! They were also significantly cheaper than the other catering companies I got quotes from!
    Rentals: because we used their catering services, we only had to pay $50 to use anything they already had... ALL of our candles/votives came from them, they have tons of serving trays, jars, vases, mirrors, etc... we also got the majority of our table linens from them and only had to pay the cost to have them cleaned, $8... as compared to the $22 you would pay somewhere else for the same ones.
    Coordination: we worked with Brandi and she was a LIFE Sjavascript:submitForm();AVER! Originally, we didn't hire her to do our coordination...she was just supposed to be the catering coordinator. We hired a separate wedding coordinator (not through CityKitchen)... but after many problems with our coordinator, and Brandi having already done almost everything for us... we asked her to just be our wedding coordinator. She always went way above and beyond and she thought of so much that I never would have thought of. She did a great job, and everything turned out exactly how I wanted it!!!

Sent on 06/06/2010