Citadel Houston Reviews

Citadel Houston 1
Citadel Houston 2

Danielle Cook · Married on 11/16/2019

Dream wedding

Every single person who I worked with at Citadel was on their A game. The planning process was easy and stress free, the food was phenomenal, the service was impeccable, and the venue is beautiful. You will not be disappointed if you choose Citadel to be your venue!

Sent on 12/06/2019

Mariana · Married on 09/21/2019

Get married at Citadel - Best Choice you will make!

Ladies (and gentlemen) - this is the BEST and the most BEAUTIFUL venue in the greater Houston area! They have everything you can ask for. Gorgeous venue, delicious food and impeccable service! From start to finish our experience has been excellent. Citadel Staff led by Sara is professional, positive and incredibly efficient. Which Not every venue in town has! You will love this venue and their staff! Please go check them out! Five stars for the entire time experience!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Amelia Adams · Married on 09/11/2019

Understated Elegance - Fun - Impeccable Service!

If you want a stunning venue with impeccable service and food that will wow everyone - you should choose the Citadel! Its 5-Stars all around!! The staff led by Sara was incredible - Rebecca and Johnathan - my day-of venue managers were efficient, smart and incredibly hard working and made our day so smooth and enjoyable. The food was one of the best meals I have ever had - and a lot of our guests thought the same! Staff was on-point and pleasant. AND i still havent started raving about the venue - if you all have not yet taken a tour of the Citadel you should! It is absolutely stunning in every way - high ceilings, amazingly tall wooden doors and marble floors. Incredible experience all around! We love it all!

Sent on 11/22/2019

Audrey Dan · Married on 03/09/2019

Amazing venue - great customer service!

I had my dream wedding at The Citadel. Couldn’t have asked for anything better! The entire time I felt like the mission of the Citadel staff was to make me feel stress-free and they did a great job at it. I had an amazing day - full of laughter and being present in the moment because I knew Citadel staff was taking care of everything else. The food was delicious Btw! Exactly how it was as the tasting! Five stars all around for a gorgeous venue, delicious food and great service. Highly recommend! Definitely check it out!

Sent on 05/23/2019

Krista · Married on 01/26/2019

Incredible food and service

Most reviews are about how spectacular this venue is - and believe me it is! All the way from those beautiful hand carved 16’ tall doors and French windows to the Italian marble throughout, it is absolutely gorgeous. But I want to focus this review on the Things that may not be as obvious as the venue. Food and service. The food is incredibly delicious. It’s 5 star cuisine and there is nothing banquet about it. They have an award winning executive chef and he delivers. The presentation was spot on and unique. Flavors were exactly right and not too overwhelming. Excellent! Combine that with the great service we got from the Citadel staff from the initial phone call to the tour to the day of the event, we couldn’t have asked for a better venue. We will choose Citadel all over again! Thank you!

Sent on 03/14/2019
  • Kacie

Kacie · Married on 11/03/2018

Simply the best day is my life!

What an incredible staff! The crew at Citadel led by Sara was there every step of the way and made planning for our big day a breeze. From their smiles, humor and positivity all around, it was a fun and joy-filled day for me and my family. Their venue is absolutely stunning in so many ways - grand entrance (incredible first impression)!, beautiful beautiful doors, marble floors, furnishings all throughout are so luxurious! And the food is just phenomenal - they just recently hired an award winning chef and I have received amazing feedback from our guests about the food! What more can you ask for - gorgeous venue, impeccable service and great food! I love Citadel and it’s staff and I would choose them again and again. Thank you!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Bailey · Married on 10/05/2018

My WOW wedding at Ciradel

I had the best day hosting my wedding at the Citadel. People make an experience and the staff at Citadel are just wonderful. Led by Sara, the Citadel staff was responsive, always positive and professional and courteous. They gave me such good suggestions and helped me in every step of the way. Just for the staff and Sara I would give this place 5 stars. But to top it all off, the venue is the most stunning venue (just look at the pictures and imagin that in person it’s even better!) and the food was DELICIOUS! I’m gettkng so many wonderful reviews about my wedding from my guests. It was amazing experience and I highly recommend all the Houston brides to Check the Citadel out!

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Julie

Julie Capristo · Married on 10/05/2018

Luxurious wedding venue, easy planning process

The Citadel made my wedding planning process so easy. The catering and bar service is all done in-house, and the food is delicious. I worked with Sara and she helped set us up with our decor/flower vendor and gave us recommendations for everything from our wedding cake to photographer.

Not to mention, the venue itself is stunning. There isn't a corner of the Citadel that isn't clean, polished, and well designed.

Citadel is the perfect venue if you would like to have a truly luxurious wedding

Sent on 12/22/2018

Emma · Married on 08/11/2018

Citadel provided everything we needed and the staff was very accommodating. Such a beautiful and elegant venue. We just had an unforgettable and wonderful time on our wedding day at the Citadel. The venue delivered on all key elements that we were looking for - mainly stunning venue, great food and great service. It was a pleasure working with Sara and her staff. She was very responsive, had great recommendations and was super efficient in getting everything done exactly the way we had wanted. Food was incredibly delicious and Service staff was so friendly and just willing to go a bit extra to make our guests feel welcome. All in all, we wholeheartedly recommend Citadel for a wedding or really any special occasion that you want to celebrate!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Teagan · Married on 06/23/2018

The Citadel, as a venue, is breathtaking! I couldn’t have imagined a more picturesque venue. In addition, it’s got a majority of things in-house like chairs, tables, valet, food, bar etc so I didn’t have to worry about having to find these vendors. And the in-house Culinary team is unbelievable! I have never eaten such delicious food at any wedding. It was a fine dining experience in a banquet setting. The Citadel sales and event staff is just as good. They are super accommodating which completely made my day stress free, they were so friendly and professional towards all my guests and Just took care of a lot of things for us! And finally the venue itself - really the prettiest venue in town with so much natural light coming in in every room. Just stunning pictures! So in conclusion it has everything you can ask for!! Chose the Citadel. It will be a great decision!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Stella · Married on 06/02/2018

Breathtaking, professional, elegant, smooth, luxury, exquisite, southern hospitality at its best! Those are the top words that Come to mind when I think of the Citadel. It is a perfect blend of vintage and contemporary. The grounds are flawlessly landscaped, every furnishing inside is impeccable, our event flowed effortlessly. The food was delicious and the bartenders and waitstaff were friendly and helpful, restrooms spotless ..: the day was just amazing! I heard nothing but compliments from our guests throughout the evening and even now weeks later! If you are a laid back bride who wants to trust your venue will take care of everything, this is absolutely the place. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Georgia · Married on 06/02/2018

Best day of my entire life and we owe it all to Sara and her incredible staff at the Citadel! She made the whole process seamless and took care of everything for us. From helping us coordinate with vendors, monthly meetings, and working with our families - we couldn’t have done it without her. She understood our vision and completely transformed the venue - Citadel is of course gorgeous but she made it even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. She is knowledgeable, supportive, optimistic and really put us at ease because we knew she could handle our wedding and we didn’t need to worry about a thing. Everything on our big day went off without a hitch and our family and friends had a wonderful time. The food was excellent, waitstaff was great and always helpful and smiling and pretty much whoever we interacted with from the Citadel staff were polite and efficient and just really hospitable. Savanna our event manager was fantastic too! Couldn’t have asked for a better wedding. It’s obvious that Citadel is stunning but their staff and service is even better!! Choosing Citadel and Sara and her staff will be the best thing you do for your wedding!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/07/2018

Citadel was absolutely amazing. We could not have been happier with our choice of venue. It has all the things that made for a memorable, fun wedding. The venue of course is stunning - our guests were just wow’d as they drove in to this beautiful estate. Plus it had some of the best food I have ever had and very friendly service staff that went above and beyond to take care of us. The ballroom is grand and spacious, which was perfect for a large dance floor with our 200 people dancing crowd. Citadel staff was amazing and they took care of all the little details so we could just relax and have the most fun party. All our guests commented on what a fun evening they had which made us feel so special and appreciative. Thanks again Citadel staff for everything. If I could give it 10 stars I would!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Harper · Married on 03/24/2018

The venue is the best one there is! Citadel is absolutely beautiful and everyone who works there is incredible. I couldn’t have imagined our special day anywhere else! Our pictures were stunning with all the natural light coming through their tall windows. It was so easy to get to and I had guests coming from all around Hosuton. You get the entire venue to yourself which was really something that I did not want to negotiate on - who would want to have a another wedding going on right in the next room. Not me! Food and Service was impeccable- the kind that you would expect at a top-notch place like Citadel. Please book your wedding at Ciatdle and I know they will treat you right!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Callie · Married on 03/03/2018

The most perfect wedding venue! Citadel was everything I could ask for! The venue is beautiful and they worked with us to make sure that they took care of all our needs. The food was absolutely amazing and they were willing to make whatever we wanted although they have great selections to choose from. We got so many rave reviews about the food from our guests. On the day of Rebecca and Savanna really helped us with everything. We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding.

Sent on 03/26/2018

Riley · Married on 01/27/2018

Our wedding in March was spectacular! We couldn’t be happier about how everything turned out. It was a beautiful spring day and the venue looked gorgeous. Everyone who attended commented on how unique and beautiful the location was. Rebecca and her team were incredibly helpful And responded almost immediately to all communications and questions. The day of the wedding flowed very smoothly and I had no stress that day! Food was really excellent- all my guests told us that. I would Highly recommend Citadel for any brides looking for a romantic and one of a kind location!

Sent on 04/20/2018

Janet · Married on 12/10/2017

This is the BEST place to have your wedding! It is so well worth the (very reasonable) expense to have the beautiful grounds, and all the amenities and great food and service! The food was excellent and the venue coordinating team was on top of things through the entire process. The venue is absolutely gorgeous. We had so many people tell us that it was the most beautiful and fun wedding they’d ever been to. I would not change a thing about my wedding, it was All perfect!

Sent on 02/22/2018

Angie · Married on 12/02/2017

I booked Citadel about a year ago because as soon as my husband and I toured it we were so excited and we kept saying how cool and unique it was! Everything from our first meeting to the food tasting to the final meeting was phenomenal and you could tell that their only priority was to make our wedding everything we wanted it to be. I would recommend them to anyone I know getting married. Our day was perfect and a large part of that was because of coordination and professionalism of Rebecca and everyone else at Citadel. Thanks!

Sent on 01/14/2018

Renee · Married on 12/01/2017

I could not have chosen a better venue! My guests are still taking about how amazing everything was. My two most important things were food and beautiful space and they far exceed all my expectations. We had Indian food for our event and their in-house chef is just amazing and far better than any of the catering companies in town. Service was excellent and every single staff member that worked my wedding went above and beyond. I felt like a true princess bride who was catered to from the second I stepped through their gorgeous doors. There is absolutely nothing I would change. Even my parents (who are rather difficult to please) were super impressed by everything. The venue of course is absolutely stunning! I'm so thankful for the choice I made to have my wedding at The Citadel.

Sent on 01/26/2018

Sophie · Married on 12/01/2017

Making the decision to ahve our wedding and reception at Citadel was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. The venue is breathtakingly beautiful and really made our wedding feel like a fairytale. There are no bad pictures taken here. Between the gardens to the outdoor patios to the ruins wall (which makes you feel like you have stepped back in time) every moment captured here is picturesque. Also our wondeful event directors, Rebecca and Savanna, were there for us each step of the way and even helped us to make some truly tough decisions. We never felt like we were misled or in the cold. We have fallen in such complete love with Citadel that we plan on visiting on our first year anniversary. And they said they would welcome us and have a bottle of champagne ready for us! They are so sweet! Take a look at Citadel - it’s awesome!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Jason · Married on 12/01/2017

We got married in August at Citadel and Sara and her staff were beyond amazing. I planned my wedding in 6 months and they were able to take away most of their stuff with their positive, efficient, cheery personality and with their seamless coordination skills. If you know exactly what you want or if you have no idea where to begin, Citadel is the venue for you. THe venue is breathtaking- the perfect blend of elegance and luxury with tones and tones of natural light coming through each and every room. Those beautiful French doors was what sold us on it. The food was incredible and the waitstaff was polite and so friendly, going above and beyond their job for us. It was such a fun, beautiful wedding and that’s not just me saying it - all my guests are still raving about it. Love love love my wedding at he Citadel!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Skyler · Married on 11/11/2017

Our wedding day was one of the most amazing and fun nights of our lives. (And our guests said the same). The team that works at The Citadel will do anything they can to bring your ideas to life to give you your dream wedding. Rebecca was our event coordinator, and she is an absolute super star. We could tell from the moment we met her that she is 100% in love with her job. From keeping me stress free about the big things to shooting me a text the day of expressing her excitement... Rebecca was on top of it all! As was the rest of the staff! Every time I needed something I would turn around and there she would be. She would know what I needed just by looking at me, whether it was a glass of bubbly or something for my daughter; she was on top of it. We had our romantic November wedding & every day I am getting phone calls from friends and family telling me that they have never been to a wedding in a more beautiful place. They also tell me that they have never had better food at a wedding before and this could not be more true. The food they serve is what you would expect to eat at a high-end restaurant. It was one of the major things that sold my husband on the spot. Not only is it delicious but the presentation is out of this world as well. My husband & I could write a book about how much we LOVE The Citadel and the staff. We will forever recommend them to anyone and everyone for any events! And we can’t thank them enough!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Sarah · Married on 11/04/2017

Our wedding day was perfect, and it was all thanks to the Citadel staff. The venue, food and staff were AMAZING through the entire process and I could never recommend them enough. Our event producer was Rebecca, and she was with us every step of the way with little reminders and itineraries to help keep us on track. Planning a wedding is stressful, and everything I would forget she would remember. I highly highly recommend the Citadel for your wedding venue!

Citadel Houston 3
    Citadel Houston 4
    Sent on 12/29/2017

Mackenzie · Married on 10/21/2017

First off the venue is gorgeous! Citadel has beautiful furnishings and each and every room there is well appointed. Their ceremony room with tall tall ceilings and built in altar area is perfect for pictures. Planning a wedding can be stressful but when you have a venue director that is organized and responsive, it makes the process super easy. Rebecca and Sara were that team. Any questions we had were dealt with promptly and professionally and that made the experience so wonderful for us! And the food - many guests told us it was the best meal they ever had at a wedding. Wow! Other feedback we received was - gorgeous venue, friendly helpful staff, and seamless running of the ceremony and reception, fun and beautiful. Thank you Citadel. We have memories to last a lifetime!

Sent on 01/05/2018

Taylor · Married on 10/07/2017

Wow! What a venue and what a team! I can't say enough about Rebecca and her team, they worked their butts off to make our day everything we dreamed of - From the service, to the decor, to the food - all of it was too notch! Rebecca really knows what she is doing and following her lead made our day run so smoothly and stress free. Staff was so professional and helpful and was always smiling all night long and did whatver our guests requested. The venue of course is amazing! Guests raved about the food - nothing and no one disappointed us in our entire experience at Citadel. Highly recommend to everyone!

Sent on 01/02/2018