51 Reviews for Circle City Sound

Do-Not-Play List (11)
Uplighting (7)
Liability Insurance (3)
51 Circle City Sound Reviews

We used Tim for our wedding on October 28, 2017 at the Mill Top Banquet Center, and I would highly recommend him. Tim met with us while discussing our options for a DJ, and was very prepared for the meeting. He has a user friendly website that allowed us to add songs to a must play list, a play if time option, and songs that we absolutely did not want played. He also has a planner form that you can update over time to map out every last detail of your reception. Leading up to the wedding, he scheduled a phone call to review the planning form and any last minute updates. We switched a couple of things up at the last second, and Tim was accommodating to those requests. On our wedding day, Tim helped ensure a very smooth evening. We elected to get through our formal stuff quickly to allow everyone to have a good time, and Tim was great at keeping things moving for us. He played all of the songs we requested, and had a good mix throughout the night. I would utilize Tim again with no hesitation.

Profile Picture Justin, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tim did a fabulous job at our wedding. He is very professional, kind and great to work with. He offered great ideas during the planning process, but also listened to our requests and really bought our day to life.

Profile Picture Dani, 10/20/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Tim did an amazing job and made my life so easy as a bride. Meeting with him was super helpful and never overwhelming - he offered feedback if he didn't think a song would work well but left the choice entirely up to me. The software for picking your favorite songs and setting up a timeline was very easy, too. Tim was engaging and fun without being cheesy in any way, and he read the dance floor so well. I've had so many comments from my guests that they've never seen so many people dancing at a wedding before - and that was all thanks to Tim!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Working with Tim was so easy and one of our best decisions! His professional yet relaxed demeanor really calmed my nerves throughout the wedding planning process. After our initial phone call I felt as though the dj was checked off my todo list. His wedding planning website is easy to use and the top 100 suggestion pages for different categories really helped me pick the songs I wanted to be played without having to remember them. Tim is highly capable and highly respected by the wedding planners at my venue the Milltop in Noblesville. My favorite part of working with him was that he watched me during the first dances and when i was ready to cut them short he knew immediately by me giving him a look. I was so grateful since I was nervous and didn’t want to be dancing for the whole 5 min both times. Also we used his uplighting and it made our reception absolutely beautiful!

Profile Picture Hannah, 10/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Tim and would definitely recommend him. He was very responsive throughout the whole process, accommodating to any requests we had, 100% professional, fair on pricing, and played a great variety of music at our reception. We received numerous compliments from our guests of all ages about the playlist. One thing to note that I greatly appreciated, was his attention to detail, thoroughness, and utmost professionalism. You can really tell he takes pride in what he does, cares that his clients are happy, and has the experience to guide you through the process to ensure you've covered all of your bases.

While we're from Indiana, we currently live out of state and had to travel in for the wedding. This didn't interfere with the planning process beforehand with Tim at all. He was perfectly fine with email correspondence and made sure to provide me with timely responses. He also spent 2 hours on the phone with me to finish up all of the final details in the final week before the wedding.

We also had him take care of the music at our ceremony. He and I worked together on the song timing I wanted. While I had a good idea in my mind of exactly what songs I wanted played during the ceremony, his playlist was a huge help in figuring out the rest. He did a fantastic job and absolutely nailed the timing!

Lastly, I'd say the most memorable thing from working with Tim was what he helped me do at the reception. I had mentioned to him when we were finalizing the details of the day, that I wanted to play a favorite song of my husband's aunt, who is special needs. He helped me come up with a surprise plan of how to carry out a very special dedication to her. We all got to dance with her to the song. The moment was incredibly touching, emotional, and meant so much to her and my husband's family. I will forever be grateful to Tim for assisting with that moment.

Brides, look no further for a DJ, Tim is your guy!

Profile Picture Whitney, 9/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tim did a wonderful job DJing for our wedding at the Omni Severin over Labor Day weekend, and I highly recommend him! We don't live in the Indy area anymore, so we were planning most things for our Indianapolis wedding remotely. Tim went out of his way to accommodate our remote planning and made himself available for phone calls whenever we needed to talk through schedule/plans/etc. The few weekends we were in town to knock out planning prior to the wedding, Tim made himself available to meet with us and talk us through his DJing style and what to expect.

He was familiar with the venue, which made it easy on us since we didn't have to coordinate setup or anything.

Tim has a great emcee voice for introducing the wedding party, parents, ushers, and was perfect with keeping a balance between keeping an up-beat attitude and demeanor without overpowering the celebration at the reception.

Tim accommodated A LOT of requests we made for specific songs and the timeline for the night. We told Tim specifically that we didn't want any super cliche wedding reception songs, and he was able to keep the dance floor completely full for the entire night. Everyone after the reception, from young kids to our grandparents, were raving about how much they enjoyed the song selection.

Finally, we got all this for a super affordable price! You can't beat the value for the price. Thanks Tim!

Profile Picture Andrew, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We loved working with Tim for our wedding back in August, and we would highly recommend! We were planning the wedding from out of town, so his website made it super easy to pick songs and organize all the details of the reception without being there in person. Also, during our phone consultation, we requested a different song be played for each bridesmaids/groomsman couple during their entrance. He was able to blend the songs seamlessly, and he helped us make the event run so smoothly. He played our requests and added some of his own choices. He had our guests dancing the whole night! It was perfect!!

Profile Picture Kelley, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Tim was great to work with for our big day. He helped guide us through every step of the day, including a detailed, minute-by-minute schedule for the evening, keeping things simple for us. At our ceremony and reception dinner, the sound was clear and audible. Afterwards, Tim kept the dancefloor packed. What more could you ask for? Hire Tim!

Profile Picture Mark, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

Tim was a fantastic DJ! He made the planning process super easy with the online planning portal and even allowed me to meet via phone since I’m not local. At our wedding, Tim kept the reception going seamlessly! He was flexible with our planned schedule to allow us to greet our guests throughout the night. Our guests had so much fun! I would highly recommend Tim for your big day!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired Tim to DJ our wedding on April 22, 2017, and we definitely made the right choice!
Tim was always on time, organized, friendly, and gave off a very good vibe from the beginning.
While other DJs we interviewed seemed capable, they didn’t seem like they would offer the same type of professionalism, class, and/or overall experience that we knew Tim would deliver.
After we contracted with Tim, he gave us access to his website to begin creating our schedule, provide names of key wedding party members, and to pick out the songs and details for the different parts of the ceremony and reception. His music database was massive! The client website offers entry of many different data points, and the attention to detail was really appreciated!
Tim managed the ceremony and reception on schedule, kept the energy up, and maintained a great flow of music throughout the night! We picked many songs we wanted him to play, but then gave him free reign to play music he knew the crowd would like based on his experience. At no point did we feel Tim’s DJing was over-the-top or obnoxious, and we never felt like we were unsatisfied.
Tim continued to check to make sure we were happy. The reception party flew by because everything was going so smoothly, and we were all having so much fun!
Not only was Tim able to provide top quality talent, he was also able to provide high quality equipment. He was able to bring in all of his own high-quality gear that produced great sound and lighting, including floor lights / up-lights, to create an awesome visual experience.
As stated before, Tim’s delivery of class, professionalism, and overall experience was exactly what we were looking for on the biggest day of our lives. He was the perfect choice to help enhance the event of our lifetime. Overall, I would highly recommend Tim Glesing and Circle City Sound for any event!

Profile Picture Michael, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tim did a fantastic job! We started looking for a DJ last-minute and he was incredibly responsive and did a wonderful job at our wedding. We got married in February and he gave us a really good discount just because it was off-season. Would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Nathan, 2/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tim was very helpful throughout the entire planning process, provided an easy-to-use web portal to assist with planning songs, and delivered on the big day with a great DJ performance that had everyone up and dancing. My wife and I are pretty low key people hoping to avoid a "cheesy" DJ, and Tim did a great job, managing the flow of the evening and ensuring everyone had a good time. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Matt, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Tim for our wedding. He was the most incredible DJ and we received countless compliments on the music. The music at the reception can definitely make or a break a reception, and we had guests dancing throughout the entire night, even after the last song ended. Tim did exactly what we requested for the music throughout the night, and even more. The music mix was perfect to get all ages up and dancing and enjoying the evening.

If you have any kind of big event coming up, especially your wedding, you want Tim as your DJ. He's incredibly professional, great at planning with you, and he will make your special day one to remember!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/4/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Tim was the best! He met with us and played all the songs we requested. He kept the night entertaining! Would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/13/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tim traveled all the way to Oregon to help us out! He is the perfect mix between casual and professional. Multiple people mentioned to me how great he did. I would without a doubt reccomend him to others.

Profile Picture Camille, 7/29/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tim did a fantastic job spinning records at our wedding reception. He made the entire progress easy. He listened to all of our wants and needs and executed them extremely well. He filled in the gaps with music that brought people out to the dance floor. He took requests from guests and told people no if the song was on our no play list. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a quality and experienced DJ.

Profile Picture Amber, 7/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tim was an absolute miracle. Extremely professional, thorough and exciting - our guests had a blast!

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/23/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Tim was perfect. The music he played was awesome and the dance floor at my reception was full of happy & partying people. Tim seems to know how to read the crowd and know exactly what to play and when...to keep them all dancing. At my sister's wedding, a while back (a different DJ), that DJ actually was drinking on the job and wearing jeans while cracking silly jokes. THAT was embarrassing for my sister. But not Tim! Tim was formally dressed and maintained a professional demeanor all night long. I highly recommend Tim. You'll be pleased. He's the best. He was a good listener and appreciated the songs I suggested. VERY professional. Thank you, Tim.

Profile Picture April, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer

Description Of Work:
Tim was our wedding DJ, and made things really easy for us. He got people dancing, and there weren't any songs played that made you go, "whats up with this?!" It was great.
Member Comments:
It went very well, and Tim was on top of things. I wanted to write a review as that was a big part of why we decided to go with him and I wanted to add to his positive creds on here for when others are making a decision.
I do want to note that it says "would you use this provider in the future?" And even though I clicked 'yes' ...I don't plan on getting married again!
Thanks again Tim

Profile Picture User6065785, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, MC

We could not have asked for a better DJ than Tim with Circle City Sound! He always made himself available during planning, via email, phone and Facetime. His online tools made the planning process super easy, too - one portal for choosing our ceremony/reception songs, adding Do Play/Do Not Play lists, etc. As the emcee of the reception, he was thoughtful in his announcement, pronounced everything correctly and moved the events along at the perfect pace, and the uplighting he provided for the reception space made the room perfect. I would highly recommend Tim to anyone!!

Profile Picture Hannah, 4/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We chose Tim Glesing after my bridesmaid recommended him. Tim was very flexible and worked with us on our budget. Our wedding was outside and he also did the sound for the ceremony. Tim is very professional and has been in the business a long time. I felt like I could trust him because of that and I took some advice he offered when reviewing last minute details.

He also has a wonderful online planning tool that allows you to plan the ceremony, reception and choose songs you want played and songs you don't want played.

I highly recommend Tim - he is easy to communicate with and played the songs we wanted! Our guests were fans of his too!

Profile Picture Aubrey, 8/9/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tim is a consummate professional. He asked all the right questions before hand and delivered flawlessly even with some unusual requests. Would definitely hire him again and recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture D, 6/13/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tim is amazing! He met with us multiple times through out the wedding process. He was also available via email. He could answer any and all questions that we had. He gave us great feedback and suggestions. We added services at the last minute and he was able to accommodate our request. Our wedding went off without a hitch thanks to Tim! The flow was perfect! Our dance floor was PACKED the entire night! Our guests never sat down! We had our friends and family coming up to us saying this was the best wedding they had ever been to! We had quite a few work friends at the wedding who want to use Tim for corporate events! We could not have picked a better DJ! We were so happy with Tim! He is AWESOME!

Profile Picture Kaelin, 5/17/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We found Circle City Sound (Tim Glesing) from Angies list. He’s price was reasonable and he had really good reviews. So decided to choose him for our wedding. He didn’t have that many reviews on wedding wire unlike some other DJs in town for some reason, so we were a little hesitant but took a chance and it worked out well.
We are really happy with Tim's DJ services and he exceeded our expectations.
He met with us prior to our wedding to go over things. On the day of the wedding he took over and ran things smoothly. He knew how to get the crowed going and pretty much handled everything with minimal input from us.
He was very professional easy to work with and we will gladly recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Radhika, 5/3/14, 2 Reviews