45 Reviews for Cincinnati By Design

Menus (2)
Foil-Stamped (2)
Embossed (1)
35 Cincinnati By Design Reviews

There are not enough words to describe the professionalism and quality that Joan puts into every design. She definitely listens to her customers, treats them like family and ensures every detail is thought of. She has been amazing throughout this whole process, even with our crazy changes :) I would recommend Cincinnati by Design for anyone who is looking for ease and affordability. You will not go wrong!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Custom Invitations, Menus, Programs, RSVP Cards, Save the Dates, Addressing, Design, Consultations, Printing

Joni came highly recommended by my wedding coordinator, Maura, and I cannot praise Joni enough! She was my absolute favorite person with whom we worked during our time planning the wedding. Beginning with our initial meeting, Joni showed so much interest in our wedding and us as a couple, which made the process of designing stationary a lot easier. She knew we were incorporating an art deco and Cincinnati theme throughout our wedding, and she RAN WITH IT. Every stationary item, from the Save the Dates to the place cards to the invitation suite, was beautiful and expertly designed. I also felt like I could give her honest feedback when I preferred one design more than another. She was incredibly timely, and I felt ahead of schedule for the entire planning process. Friends and family who said they never pay attention to wedding invitations or paper products praised her designs and attention to detail. I raved about her throughout the process, and I will absolutely use her design expertise for future events and announcements.

Profile Picture Maria , 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Addressing, Design, Consultations, Printing, Custom Invitations, Place Cards, Programs, RSVP Cards, Save the Dates, Thank Yous

Joan has been so great to work with on my save the dates and invitations! She met with me and my fiance in person to understand us and our wedding and what we were looking for. We then worked via email back and forth to get to exactly what my fiance and I wanted for everything. She was so flexible with changes I wanted to make and taking into consideration things I had seen online. Everything has turned out so cute and is exactly what I wanted for a very affordable price! I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Shelby, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Custom Invitations, Programs, Save the Dates, Addressing, Design, Consultations, Printing

I had no idea what to expect in creating invitations. I am not creative and when we looked thru books at other vendors for ideas on what to do, nothing was really popping out. Sure it's easy to pick out fonts and colors and glitter and paper stock but is it really US?

I met with Joni for the first time and we simply talked for 30 minutes about mine & Andy's relationship, what we planned to do for the wedding, what we liked to do as a couple, and I told him simple things like I wanted stamps and airplanes and heart motifs since we like to travel a lot. We were doing two weddings in one weekend (one in Cincinnati and one in Grand Teton, WY) so I needed her to create two separate but cohesive invitation designs.

Two weeks later Joni presented me with an amazing result. I was FLOORED with what she came up with just by our simple conversation. Our inner envelope was a map, one set of invitations was very outdoorsy, Wyoming-esque while the other was more elegant (not that the the other wasn't) but all of our pieces had the same theme. The backs all had different maps, the hearts, planes and stag heads showed up on all of them and tied the theme together. I couldn't complain as all the pieces were unique and gorgeous.

You know you've chosen the right designer when even the men who received the invitations are telling you that those are the coolest invitations they'd ever seen in their life. I mean, no one else is going to have this invitation. It's not cookie cutter "this font, that paper, this clip art." Joni gives you so much more. She puts so much love and creativity into each piece, I don't know why you would go anywhere else.

I've now got a friend in Joni as she is one of the sweetest people I've ever met. She really cares about what she does and for the clients she's got. If you want the full experience in designing your invitations, programs, seating chart, table numbers (OH MY TABLE NUMBERS WERE AMAZING - airport codes), menus, etc. ... CALL JONI!

Profile Picture KAREN, 10/8/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Addressing, Assembly, Design, Consultations, Printing, Custom Invitations, Place Cards, Programs, RSVP Cards

Cincinnati by design and Joni are one of the best things I came upon as a bride. I had a friend use Joni and she had absolutely beautiful wedding invitations and very unique programs at the wedding. I had to know who had made these stunning pieces of paper for her! Needless to say, it was Joni, and I cannot thank my friend enough for the referral! Joni is an amazingly sweet woman who is also incredibly talented at what she does. She has a great passion for creating real works of art that end up just breathtaking. Joni created my wedding invitations, programs and seating chart, and I cannot begin to tell you how many compliments I received on everything! Joni was so easy to work with, very receptive to any and all ideas and changes on her own designs, and created something for me that I could never thank her for enough. I could not recommend this woman enough to everyone I know!

Profile Picture aubrey, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Design, Foil-Stamped, Consultations, Printing, Custom Invitations, Programs, RSVP Cards

What can i say?? We were beyond pleased with the outcome of the invitations that we even laminated a few to save in our wedding album. Joan was and still very amazing. When you talk with her, instead of talking with someone you dont know, you talk to a friend. Weddings can be stressful but she calmed our nerves about not only the invitations but the whole thing. She was amazing and so was the service we received from her.

You will not be disappointed!!!!

Profile Picture User4386729, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Joan was wonderful to work with. Very creative and receptive to our ideas and made the process very easy for us. Was attentive to our needs and ensured that we had a beautiful product that didn't break the bank. Would gladly recommend her services!

Profile Picture Adam, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Joan was everything I could have asked for for my stationary vendor. She listened to what I wanted and created something unique and personalized for me which was also in my budget! It was wonderful not having to pick a stock invitation out of a book. She was also flexible for meeting around my crazy schedule and responded to emails and calls rapidly. We used her for our programs, place cards, and seating chart after I fell in love with our invitation. Everything was detailed and specifically tailored for our wedding, down to the flowers on the seating chart which matched my bouquet. Guests commented on how lovely all of our items were, and my parents were very pleased with Joan's work also. I only wish I had used her for our save the dates. But I am keeping her information close at hand for personal stationary or hopefully upcoming baby announcements!

Profile Picture Abbey, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Custom Invitations, Place Cards, Programs, RSVP Cards, Addressing, Design, Consultations, Printing

If you are looking for something complete unique, or something completely you, this is the lady for you! When we had our initial meeting, I knew we were going to go with her almost as soon as we met her! She's very personable, listens to your wedding and life details, and walks you through every little step. I was absolutely blown away by her creativity on the stuff she's done in the past. Unfortunately, our wedding was more traditional and didn't fit any of the super cute invitations she created. However, she was able to create a truly unique, traditional invitation that fit our needs perfectly. I liked all the touches she added to the response card & reception info card. She listened to me be picky about fonts and was very responsive. We never waited too long for her designs to come back.

She created our invitations, response cards, and reception info/accommodations cards, thank you cards, and our large table seating assignment poster.

If we could do it all over again, we probably would not get the additional pocket folder for the invitations. They looked pretty but we didn't realize by getting it you have to get another size envelope plus the pocket folder. (My mom was really adamant about these pockets!) However, we would definitely get the table assignment chart and thank you cards. (Table chart seems expensive, but price includes the set up/design fee & printing it on nice foam board. A local print shop and family friend was going to charge less, but their design fee was almost the same price as her entire fee for this!)

I have no regrets about choosing to work with Joan and would recommend anyone to her, no matter what you are looking for! I did my research on prices, and she's definitely worth every penny!

Profile Picture Christine, 7/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Custom Invitations, RSVP Cards, Thank Yous, Addressing, Design, Consultations, Printing

Joni was a pleasure to work with. Our invitation design was much different from her normal work, but she stuck with us and created a masterpiece. Our guests have commented that they should frame it! As others have mentioned, she is very supportive of same-sex couples, and she worked well with two men who had very specific ideas about how the invitation should look! A real pleasure. We invited her to our wedding!

Profile Picture Douglas, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Assembly, Design, Embossed, Consultations, Printing, Custom Invitations, RSVP Cards, Save the Dates

Joni is professional, artistic, creative, fun and just a real joy to work with. She makes it very convenient to meet with her. She gets to know you to get a feel for your personality and what you are looking for. Then, together you work to have exactly what you want. We ordered invitations, thank you notes and programs (fans). Each a little different and with each we let Joni know our ideas, she sent us some options to review and edit until we had the finished product we were happy with.
I am not creative at also was uncertain of what this process would be like; but, it was really a great experience. The finished products were all beautiful, different and tied together well.
Joni is always quick to respond to phone or email messages. We received a quote in less than 48 hours. She is so easy to work with and makes it convenient to pickup orders. It is very obvious that she loves what she does. We felt like we were talking with a friend from our very first meeting. She is truly interested in you and doing her part to make your special day beautiful.
As a result of people seeing our invitations and hearing our high praise of Joni, three people have used her services. She is amazing to work with. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Design, Consultations, Custom Invitations, Programs, Thank Yous

Joni was wonderful! Our first meeting was just at a coffee shop where we got to talk and discuss exactly what I was looking for. She brought some of her past work and lots of swatches for colors and paper textures. Everything else we did through email. She responded quickly and listened to what I liked and disliked about each example she sent me. We had the invitations done quickly. She also did our programs and our Thank you cards. We received so many compliments on all of them! She really was so easy to work with and we got exactly what we were imagining!

Profile Picture Sam, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Custom Invitations, Programs, RSVP Cards, Thank Yous, Assembly, Design, Consultations, Printing

Joni was fantastic to work with!! She listened to what I wanted and was very open. My invitations were absolutely gorgeous and I got so many compliments on them! They were better than I expected!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Working with Joni has been an incredible experience! She created original invitations, thank you cards, escort cards and programs for our wedding! I was very happy with the products she produced and her unique sense of design. A family friend who is a wedding planner recommended her and I'm so happy she did; I knew Joni was the one I wanted to work with the second I met her, and she was the only designer I met with.

Overall Joni and I probably exchanged thirty plus emails and she always responded within a day, but most of the time within a few hours. Joni was willing to make as many edits as needed to get to a product that I was 100% happy with! Meeting with Joni was always fun! She was always on time and it was just a fun process to get together, throw around ideas and see what her creative mind would come up with. I was by no means into a traditional design so she created something modern and fun for us!

I thought the price for the product was completely worth it. Her quotes were presented within 48 hours of meeting with her and I believe they were responsible for what was given. She was very respectful of budget because I was upfront with her about what we were willing to spend. She's able to work with you and come up with solutions if you're trying to watch what you spend.

Overall I highly recommend working with Joni! Not only is she professional and respectful but she's fun and easy going and really strives to please her brides. The first time I met with her, you could just tell how much she loves what she does and enjoys getting to celebrate with brides. She's a joy to work with and she's an incredibly hard worker.

Profile Picture Rachel, 1/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Working with Joni was great! She really listens to what you are interested and comes up with all sorts of amazing ideas. If you wanted a small tweak or a complete redo she'll make it happen and then some. She made our save the dates, invitations, escort cards, and some thank you notes for my husband and I. They all tied together nicely. I'm extremely happy that we used her services, everything turned out perfectly!

Profile Picture Emily, 11/7/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Custom Invitations, Place Cards, RSVP Cards, Save the Dates, Thank Yous, Addressing, Design, Consultations, Printing

Joni Bishop was a delight to work with. She listened attentively to all my ideas and added some of her own. Her personality is bubbly, her demeanor professional, and her work excellent. She was responsive and timely always. I felt she really cared about our invitations and our wedding.

Profile Picture Sandy, 10/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Cincinnati by Design is top notch. Joan provides excellent design work and quicker the requested turn-around times. I have used CBD time and time again and they always outdo themselves and exceed my expectation. My clients are continually blown away. Getting your invites done by Cincinnati by Design will be one of the best decisions you make for your event.

Profile Picture Laura, 10/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Gorgeous invitations! Joni was able to make custom fan programs...lots of compliments!
One guest commented that my invitations looked like they were from royalty!

Profile Picture User5459202, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Joan with Cincinnati by Design was the ABSOLUTE best. At our initial meeting she showed samples and then took note of my own ideas and vision, and then brought that vision to life. No matter what design style you hope to achieve Joan can design the invites you have always hoped for. In addition to invitations, Joan put a creative spin on our menu and seating chart and brought all my wants to life.
Cincinnati by Design treats each client with great professionalism and genuinely cares about their happiness and making every want come to life. Joan puts forth the time into cultivating a personal relationship and getting to know her clients so she can add those personal touches! We couldn't have been more satisfied with our invitations and menu designs. The best!

Profile Picture Cindy, 9/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Assembly, Design, Foil-Stamped, Consultations, Printing, Custom Invitations, Menus, Place Cards, Programs, RSVP Cards, Save the Dates

Cincinnati By Design designed my wedding invitations for me. I could not say enough great things about Joan and her work. Joan really took her time to go over designs, colors, and styles that I liked. I had custom designed invitations that couldn't have turned out more perfect. Anytime I had a question or wanted to alter something Joan responded back very fast and changed it without hesitation. She designed them and printed my invitations very quickly. They very packaged very nicely when I received them.I received so many compliments about how beautiful the invitations were. I could not say enough wonderful things about Cincinnati By Design. Joan was so nice and delightful to work with. She really cares about creating something memorable and special for you. I would recommend Cincinnati By Design to anyone. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture User4550861, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Joni was an absolute joy to work with, and our wedding invitations were artful and stunning! She had lots of great designs and fonts to choose from, and they were printed on quality, thick card stock. Not only that, but we needed them quickly, and she was able to have them ready for us in TWO DAYS -- she even met us in person to deliver them! She was incredibly supportive of our same-sex wedding, so rest assured that she is happy to work with ALL couples. 5 stars all around!

Profile Picture Ethan, 7/26/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Custom Invitations, Programs, RSVP Cards

Joni was amazing to work with! The invitations she designed for my wedding completely exceeded my expectations. The quality and attention to details was just want I was looking for. I appreciate all her fast responses to emails and phone calls. Very professional and a delight to work with. I am telling all my friends and clients about her beautiful, creative invitations and customer service.

Profile Picture Julie, 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Joni was amazing to work with! Everything she designs is beautiful and she is very flexible about any changes you may want. She is also highly responsive. She would sent me a prompt of the invitation via email and we'd message back and forth for any changes and by the next day (or sooner) we had the final product. She responded promptly and listened to whatever questions or concerns I had. But most importantly, the design was all her! In other words, we told her what we were looking for and she created something far more beautiful than anything we could think up ourselves. I would recommend her business to everyone! Cincinnati By Design is a wonderful company that was very flexible with price (especially considering we had a very tight budget to work with). So impressed by her work, professionalism, and friendliness.

Profile Picture Megan, 5/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Working with Joni was absolutely wonderful and pain free. She has unbelievable customer service and she always responded to me right away. I met up with Joni for an initial meeting at panera and from there we were able to design the invitations right away. I told her my budget and she stuck right with it! My invitations turned out better than expected and everyone raved about how great they looked! Joni made it an extremely simple process. We had our initial meeting, she sent me some designs. I chose the design I liked then she sent me a proof. After that she had them printed and I met up with her to get them. She also designed my wedding programs which turned out just as great as the invitations! Joni made everything some simple and easy that I did not have to worry about anything along the way! I will recommend her to everyone I know getting married in the future!

Profile Picture Beth, 12/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Cincinnati By Design was a delight to work with! Joni was very patient with me as I changed my mind about what I wanted for my invitations, and she was very helpful throughout the process. The invitations she designed were a semi-custom design, a twist on one of her previous designs, and they turned out beautifully! I received so many compliments on them, most telling me they were the most beautiful invitations they had ever seen! The invitations were reasonably priced for the quality, and Joni threw in some extras too! We loved the invitations so much we had her design our Menu Cards for the reception too! The winter theme was gorgeous!

Profile Picture User4679170, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews