Church Ranch Event Center Reviews

26 Reviews for Church Ranch Event Center

• Taylor

Taylor Hidalgo · Married on 09/11/2019

Best venue in the Midwest

If you’re looking for a place to book your wedding look no further. I cannot say enough about the venue, they are absolute perfection. From our first meeting to our wedding day, every person we encountered was amazing! Mitchell and Victoria helped us plan our event and they literally did everything for us. We used all of their recommended vendors, and they were all amazing! Not a single complaint about any vendor. Mitchell and Victoria made planning our wedding from another state so easy! They were able to work with our busy schedules for meetings, and had everything taken care of. They had everything we needed, all of the decor, signs, anything you need for a wedding, they already have. Our day of coordinator, Ari, was a saint. We had a wedding party of 20 (yes, for real), and Ari kept everyone on schedule and in line. The groomsmen consisted of a wild pack of air force boys in their 30’s, with the mentality of 21 year old frat boys. Ari cracked the whip to keep them in line for the formalities and pictures, before they were released into their natural habitat of downing whiskey sours and displaying their best “dad dance” moves. Not to mention, she waited on me hand and foot all night, frequently checking to see if I needed anything. She was the best 👏🏼👏🏼. Our wedding day was truly the best day of our lives, thanks to church ranch event center. Book.with.them.

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 06/22/2019

Perfect Venue in Denver/Boulder Area

Church Ranch Event Center is one of the best wedding venues in the Denver/Boulder area, hands down. The staff is so friendly, professional, goes above and beyond... there are not enough adjectives to express our gratitude for the fantastic work and effort this team put in to make our wedding absolutely perfect.

Mitchell and his entire team are so organized and passionate about what they do. There was no stone left unturned, no detail left without discussion, everyone is thorough and kind. All of the planning and conversations they set up in the beginning really pays off to create the most seamless and memorable possible. They want to make sure that everything you need happens, and everything that you want is accommodated.

Out of all the venues we looked at, we decided on CREC in the end because of the staff. And when it came to the day-of, it was the staff that made everything happen and reaffirmed our decision to go with CREC for our wedding day.

It ended up raining during our ceremony time, and the staff already had both ceremony set up's inside and out, and gave us the ultimate control over what we did. They were willing to do whatever it took to make everything absolutely perfect. We ended up having it inside, and for those that are concerned about missing out on getting married in their outdoor ceremony space, trust me, the indoor set up is equally as beautiful (and intimate!!).

During the day of, EVERYTHING is on time. My husband and I work in logistics and events for a living, and never in our careers have we ever seen an event run so smoothly and on schedule. Mind you, nothing felt rushed, we were able to enjoy every moment, questions were brought to us discretely and professionally when they needed our input, and we were able to relax knowing that all the details were being managed by CREC staff and the vendors we hired to work with them.

Our coordinator, Victoria, was phenomenal. She was so fun to work with and made sure we were at ease throughout the whole process and answered our (many) questions from beginning to end.

This venue is extremely transparent about their pricing, contracts, add-on's and more. Again, as folks that work with events frequently, the level of transparency and up-frontness (if that's even a word) was next to none. There were no surprise charges, we did not feel pressured to purchase anything we didn't want, and for all of the help we received from beginning to end, the full price of this venue is unlike anywhere else we have ever looked or worked at.

This team works their butts off to make YOU happy, content and excited about your big day. The grounds are beautifully maintained and makes for AMAZING photos. Although the venue is very "rustic," it is such a blank canvas and so beautiful, you are able to pull off more formal weddings without breaking a sweat.

We cannot recommend CREC enough for brides/couples searching for the perfect venue in Colorado.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Nico · Married on 06/15/2019

Best Venue Ever!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue and all that they employ. Much like everybody else's experiences, the staff was INCREDIBLE. So very attentive, throughout the entire process, gracious when things didn't always go right and, the day of they blew it, me, my husband, and all our guests out of the water.

I am an Executive Assistant and I work for the CEO of a rather large company. I work for folks that are used to receiving White-Glove service and I've often wondered what it would be like to live in that world. Well, I had my dream come true just a week ago! We had top-notch white-glove service!

The caterer, Bread Winners, was a venue approved caterer and the food was so good we have friends and family asking for their name and local restaurant location!!! Thank you CREC for doing the vetting for us!

If weddings weren't so expensive we would do it yearly and I would pick Church Ranch Event Center EVERY time!!!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Jade · Married on 07/28/2018

For a gal who never wanted to have a wedding, it was PERFECTION! After looking at 22 venues my husband and i looked at this venue as (honestly) a last resort; ONLY BECAUSE we previously lived literally across the street and had never known that this gem was there! After the initial tour and meeting with Mitchell we were in love. Jesi was our coordinator/planner and this girl is SO TALENTED! Thank God she does so well because my interest in wedding planning was zilch. She put so much thought and purpose into every little detail and it turned out so much better than I could've ever imagined. Jesi went above and beyond on the day of when the rain threatened to move us inside (which, NO), she made sure that after a slight delay all of our chairs were dry and ready to rock. I truly cannot say enough to thank her and the rest of the team for our dreamy day! Seriously, STOP LOOKING. This is IT. Book your wedding, obsess over Jesi, THE END. X- Jade

Sent on 08/08/2018

Johanna · Married on 08/11/2017

They were absolutely amazing! Great space and a great staff!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Arielle · Married on 06/23/2017

All of the staff went above and beyond in making our wedding day and everything leading up to it beyond amazing!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Bree · Married on 04/02/2017

My husband and I got married at Church Ranch Event Center on 4/2/17! Choosing Church Ranch was one of the first decisions we made when planning our wedding, and one of the best! We only looked at two venues (though I had researched countless) - Church Ranch was the first and we knew it would be hard to beat. We looked at another, just to be diligent, but we knew when we sat down to compare the two that there really was no comparison. Church Ranch had everything we were looking for. The outdoor space is breathtaking, and we lucked out with gorgeous spring weather and were able to have our ceremony and cocktail hour outside (not to mention our wedding photos are amazing in part due to Church Ranch's landscaping). The reception hall is also beautiful. It was big enough to accomodate our 125 guests (and could have easily accommodated more had all of our invitees attended), and we especially loved the high ceiling and the twinkle lights as they gave our reception an open and romantic feel. The bar is also a spectacular sight and the way the rest of the venue is decorated is perfect. We really didn't have to provide that much additional decor, as the venue just stands out on its own and the staff has decorated the other spaces in such a lovely way. Table centerpieces are already partially planned for you with the inclusion of the goblets and the LED candles for them with the facility rental. We also were so grateful that we didn't have to coordinate table, chair or linen rentals, and that we didn't have to worry about creating a backup plan in the event of inclement weather - the staff was prepared to move our ceremony and cocktail hour inside if the need arose. But if all that weren't enough, the staff is truly amazing. I honestly don't think that our wedding would have been what it was or what we wanted it to be without Eric, Madi, and the incredible staff at Church Ranch Event Center. We are so grateful to them and they will always have a special place in our hearts!

Sent on 04/13/2017

David · Married on 02/19/2017

My husband and I couldn't be more pleased with the service, the venue and the overall feel. It was a dream come true thanks to Mitchell, Madi, Erick and the rest of the staff. They all do a great job and truly take care of all your needs and assure that your dream will come true and a decent price. Wouldn't choose another venue and would do it all over again!!

Sent on 02/27/2017

Holly · Married on 10/29/2016

We had an absolutely amazing experience at the Church Ranch Event Center from beginning to end. We ended up forming relationships with the people we worked with, which made the entire process that much more fun! The staff at CREC is extremely professional, accommodating, kind, and knowledgeable about the wedding industry. They confidently proclaim they can put on an event with their eyes closed, since they’ve been doing this for so long, and it is absolutely true! I made several last-minute requests/changes to the plan up until the last minute before the wedding (we’re talking: moving the wedding from inside to outside three days before the wedding), and they made the changes without batting an eye. There is a certain warmth, hospitality, and peacefulness you’ll feel at this place — not only because the grounds and building are beautiful, but because the staff is so amazing! If you’re looking for an incredible venue for any sort of event — especially a wedding — this is your place. Trust me, we looked all over Denver and could not find anything so all-inclusive for their amazing prices. And they will work with you to ensure your day is everything you dreamed of and more. We love Church Ranch Event Center!

Quick shoutout to Mitchell from CREC: Mitchell was the first person we met when we looked at the venue after we got engaged, and it was love at first meeting. He took care of us throughout the entire process, always went above and beyond to accommodate whatever we needed, and has become a friend of ours! He is so full of energy, enthusiasm, and is so passionate and knowledgeable about the industry. He has lots of connections in the area as well, and will not hesitate to connect you with the right vendors. Mitchell is the best!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Erika · Married on 06/28/2015

Church Ranch Event Center did an amazing job at hosting our wedding ceremony/reception! The staff was very polite & helpful throughout the whole process which in the end made for a stress free day:) The coordinator Julie was awesome during the rehearsal as well as the day of. We loved that it had a rustic look to it & the gardens are amazing...lots of photo options. We would definitely recommend this venue to others!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Jill · Married on 12/19/2013

From start to finish working with Amy and the Church Ranch Event Center was truly a pleasure. I really had no idea what I was doing planning my Oldest Son's Wedding and when Amy sat down with me and made suggestions and gave ideas she was able to take the stress out of planning. They were flexible to our specific needs and worked so hard to make the entire experience wonderful and memorable. It is an absolutely beautiful venue, quite, private and the landscaping is unbelievable, (even in the winter). I would highly recommend the Church Ranch Event Center because of it's location, value, uniqueness and the wonderful staff.

Sent on 01/16/2014

Melissa · Married on 09/01/2013

If you're looking for a rustic feel with a gorgeous garden and tons of photo ops, this is your place! The garden is absolutely gorgeous and the staff is incredibly easy to work with. They lost their main coordinator (Obe) back in April and we were really worried about the transition. But they made sure it was seamless. The space is huge (I believe it can hold 400 people) but we had a really tiny wedding (about 40 people) and it worked just as well for that.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Debbie · Married on 09/10/2016

This ructic & elagant venue is probably 45 minutes or less for your Denver area guests and the staff was unbelievably helpful! We were cheerfully accomodated and assisted at every turn. I would highly recommend this venue for any wedding/reception/party or large corporate event - amazing! From the beginning, Coco, Madi and Eric worked with us, from vision down to the details. Some family friends did a pig roast for us, with all the trimmings. Staff at CREC took over serving, replinishing, cleaning up, etc.. all with smiles on their faces and hustle in their steps. Eric heard some murmuring about issues we were having with the local hotel where we had blocked rooms for our guests. He immediately got on the phone with the hotel and rectified the situation. At the end of the night, the CREC staff almost took over our clean up duties, we were not in it alone. And the best nightcap, the hotel sent the shuttle bus driver home before all our guests were back at the hotel - well, guess who became our shuttle driver, Eric! He drove his car over to the hotel, got the shuttle keys from the front desk, and returned to CREC with the shuttle bus! We were taken care of until the lights were out and the gates were locked. Reserving CREC for my daughter's wedding was one of the best wedding decisions we made

Sent on 09/11/2016

Robert Slay · Married on 05/31/2019

A Wonderful Wedding Experience

I'm writing this from a Father of the Bride perspective. My daughter chose Church Ranch Event Center for her venue. Everything we as parents had to deal with was clearly explained to us during the process. The weather cooperated and we had a wonderful outside wedding. The guests commented numerous times to us about the beauty of the outside area. My nephew's wife told him that she would like to have their backyard done over similar to the event center. After the ceremony, cocktail hour went off without a hitch and the guests enjoyed both the inside and outside of the center. The catering staff, recommended by Church Ranch, were wonderful and the food was topnotch. I had a number of guests comment how delicious it was. Actually, I had quite a number of people come up to me throughout the night to comment on how much they liked the venue both inside the building and outside. The Center staff were absolutely great in making sure that everything kept going well throughout the evening. The bar staff were marvelous and very professional as well. The DJ was also recommended by the Center and he did a superb job. Everyone seemed to have a great time. I would highly recommend this venue and their preferred vendors.

Sent on 06/21/2019

Nancy · Married on 08/04/2017

My husband and I are both Colorado natives, and I had always dreamed of a mountain wedding. When selecting our wedding venue, our first visit was to a beautiful mountain venue. We then we went to Church Ranch Event Center (CREC) the following weekend. Before going to CREC, we thought it would be our Plan ‘B’, if a mountain venue wouldn’t work for whatever reason. Well CREC became our Plan ‘A’ soon after we met with Mitchell and took the tour. It has a very mountain-Colorado feel, with the gorgeous gardens and the beautiful rustic indoor space. We didn’t even want to look anywhere else. We fell in love with Church Ranch Event Center, and all the options they had to offer.
    We would highly recommend using their preferred vendors. It definitely made the whole process so much easier. We compared a few of their vendors with others and the pricing was definitely in line. Since Church Ranch Event Center referred them, we also felt confident they would do a good job.
    Our coordinator Madi was wonderful. She was patient with all of our questions, and had some really good suggestions.
    The three comments we heard over and over again from our guest were: 1. How beautiful our wedding was. We did very minimal decorations, so it was mostly the venue itself. 2. How good the food was. Again, we used their caterer-so good! 3. How fun our wedding was. That kind of has to do with a mix of things and the mood you set, but we would definitely recommend the photo booth, it was a huge hit. We just loved our wedding! Thank you Mitchell, Madi and everyone at Church Ranch Event Center.

Sent on 08/23/2017
  • Sadie

Sadie · Married on 09/21/2013

We had to change our original venue due to a weather emergency. We booked the Church Ranch Event Center last minute, and they were very accommodating and helpful. The reception hall is pretty typical, but the gardens outside are beautiful and make for some really great pictures.

Sent on 12/27/2013

Melanie · Married on 05/26/2016

The Church Ranch Event Center was the perfect location for our wedding day! It was beautiful in early spring with a rustic, garden feel to it. Eric and Coco were great to work with on all of the big and little details prior to the wedding day, and Julie and Renee were awesome with helping the rehearsal and actual wedding day to run smoothly. I would highly recommend this venue to couples!

Sent on 06/11/2016

Dana · Married on 07/28/2012

This place is beautiful. The outside area was just what I was looking for with the ceremony. The pictures are beautiful. The open space concept of the inside is awesome. The beams, and lights already set up make this place already decorated. The dance floor was big enough, a big item on our needs list. We worked with Jarod "Obe". He was awesome. Very friendly, and I could always get a-hold of him. He answered all of my emails in a very timely manner. We couldn't have been happier with our choice of venues.

The only thing is the time frame. If you can get the entire day, I suggest you do so. Trying to get the extra hour before is difficult since the venue is so popular and there are almost always weddings before yours (evenings). We tried getting a date a year and a half ahead of time, and it was taken!

Go look at the place, online pics do not give it justice.

Sent on 08/22/2012

Alexis · Married on 07/30/2016

Such an awesome venue!!! Eric and the rest of the team made sure everything turned out perfectly for our wedding. We were very particular about a lot of the small details, but and they hapily accommodated all of our our requests and helped make our wedding day very special. This venue is beautiful and there are so many nice areas to hang out in. We definitely recommend using the lighting package for the event hall, it added a great ambiance. We highly recommend Church Ranch Event Center! -Lexi & Adam

Sent on 09/18/2016

Danielle · Married on 06/03/2016

4.2

Church Ranch Event Center is absolutely beautiful. Eric and Coco were great to work with and we got so many compliments at how beautiful our wedding was!!

Sent on 06/20/2016

4.2

Great staff and coordinators to work with!

Sent on 04/11/2015

Megan · Married on 07/21/2016

3.5

It is a beautiful venue that was perfect for our wedding! The photos look so great and we loved it! It was one of the most reasonable venues we found and it helped us stay within our budget. It was perfect for our day! Make sure to read all of the info given on the contract because there are a lot of added charges if your guests are not respectful.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Amanda · Married on 07/10/2015

3.8
      2.5
      3.5

I absolutely love the grounds and building at the Church Ranch Event Center. The gardens are beautiful and there are a lot of options for photos. I loved the fact that we could bring in our own catering. There were some trying times leading up to the wedding that were rough. The one thing that stands out as a thumbs down was the communication skills. I would email someone there and she may get back to me in 3 weeks or not at all. Also there were numerous times where I would tell one person how I wanted something and they would say "I will add it to your file" only to get a phone call asking about how I wanted that same thing a month later from another person there.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Church Ranch Event Center's reply:

Amanda,

Thank you for your feedback. We work hard to ensure all of our weddings are as wonderful as our couples could ever imagine. We recently had a couple enter their reception in a Ford Model A, a family heirloom, which made for a very special day for them. Working with our brides and grooms is the best part of what we do! Communication is important in this business which is why we are taking a closer look at our processes and focusing on a “smoother” ride.

Thank you again and congratulations!

Katie · Married on 09/02/2006

3.8
      2.5
      3.5

This was a beautiful venue. We decided to have the wedding and reception here. We had a very large number of people at the wedding and this place could fit everyone easily. We were married in the garden outside, and the people here set up the chairs outside for us. They also set up all the reception tables and chairs inside. We had to book for the morning because the evening time was too expensive for us. We were only allowed in at 8am in the morning to set up for the wedding at 10am. We couldn't come in the night before. We also had to be out of there quickly. It was still a wonderful place and the people were very friendly and helpful. They didn't mind when we broke a chair and they also found some cards we had left by accident and they mailed them back to us.

Sent on 11/21/2007
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie Ekstrand · Married on 12/05/2020

Covid nightmare

TLDR; Dealing with them during covid sucks, not understanding or easy to work with, lack of transparency, additional fees, bad customer service, lost hundreds and potentially thousands of dollars.

My fiancé and I signed a contract with Church Ranch Event Center mid October to have our wedding there Dec 5th, 2020. When we signed the contract, the sales person promised us that 100 people for our wedding was way below their capacity and they would be able to do our wedding in December, no problem.

We signed our contract and paid for 80% of our bill including catered food, DJ, etc., which ended up being $7K.

Church Ranch took a while to reach out to us about planning the actual wedding, which was concerning considering the wedding was only a month and a half away. They let us know they needed our final count by November 14th and let me know plenty of times when payment dates were and when they needed financial info.

I got our final count (92 people) to them by Nov 12th. They called me the next morning to tell me that due to the government mandate, that they knew about 2 weeks before, would require us to cut our list down to 50 people for an indoor wedding or to 75 people if we wanted to get married in a tent outdoors (no thanks, I don’t want to pay thousands of dollars to get married in a tent in December in Colorado). They also gave us the option to reschedule with them for a later date.

I spoke with my fiancé and we decided we’d rather just cancel the wedding and do something casual outdoors in the spring/summer and elope for the time being. When we asked if we could just cancel the wedding, they informed us we’d lose everything we paid (over $7K) AND we’d owe the additional 20% we hadn’t paid. This is CRAZY considering they wouldn’t have food costs, labor costs, etc at this point. While this WAS hidden in the contract, it seems really crappy for them to do to us, especially since they reassured us that we’d be able to have 100 people before we signed the contract. And it sucks they didn’t let us know as soon as the new mandate happened because in those 2 weeks we booked hotels, bought flights, booked a band, sent out invites, etc. All of these costs add up to hundreds of dollars, that could have been avoided if they called earlier.

Additionally, they’re charging 4% credit card fees, which is illegal in the state of Colorado and they’re requiring us to choose a gratuity level before the event, which seems weird because we’d want to pay them based on our experience that day.

At this point, we’d be happy to lose out on some money and just cancel everything, but they would require/keep over 10K from us if we cancel.

Now I’m receiving emails from someone there stating they don’t understand why I’m upset and blaming everything on the government. I DO understand that covid sucks and their hands are tied, but I don’t understand why that means they have to take all our money if we want to walk away from having a ceremony and a reception at this point. They said they’d have to close their doors if everyone who wanted to cancel because of covid were able to... well, I’m sorry, but that’s covid for you. My fiancé and I have also lost parts of our income due to covid but we aren’t screwing people over because of it.

Sent on 11/19/2020

Church Ranch Event Center's reply:

Mackenzie Ekstrand and Oscar Anaya, we at Church Ranch Event Center were so excited to host your event on December 5th, 2020. We understand that you are frustrated with covid-19, as we are.

Since you decided not to share the facts, let me share them with you again.

You and Oscar signed your Original contract on October 8th, 2020 for 70 guests and we at Church Ranch Event Center gave you $3,500.00 in discounts and 1 extra free hour to get married on December 5th 2020, at that time JCHD mandate for event centers were able to hold 100 guests inside and 175 outside.

Our planning department reached out to you and Oscar on October 15th, 2020 to schedule your initial planning meeting and walk through. Our planning department had your initial planning meeting and final walk through on October 29th, 2020.
    On November 4th you requested to move your time up 1 hour and we changed that on your contact, and again, you and Oscar were very happy that we were working with you both.

On October 30th, Jeffco Health Dept (JCHD) came out with an updated mandate that would expire in 30 days. At this point there was not any reason to alarm you or Oscar with Covid-19 because it did not affect your date. Then on November 9th, 2020 at 5pm, JCHD came out with another updated mandate, stating that event centers could now only have 75 outside or 50 inside, at this point you were still under contract for 70 guests, you emailed us on November 12th at 10:58 pm with your final count of 93. My team called you on November 13th, 2020 and shared with you and Oscar the options that JCHD was allowing 75 outside or 50 inside. You talked with our team and understood the problem that was in front of us both. We offered to do it outside, which we could do based off the contract, we also offered to reschedule your event at no cost to you or Oscar. Next thing we get is a nasty google review from your dad Jeff Ekstrand, later that day, your mom Jill Ekstrand decided to leave Church Ranch Event Center a nasty review on Facebook.

We have reached out several times over the phone and emailed to explore all options of rescheduling your wedding to next year.

Fact, you and Oscar signed the contract 3 times when we amended it and you were happy to do so.
    Based off your review It sounds as if, you did not read the contract.
    In the contract that you and Oscar signed 3 times it states:
    The Force Majeure states on page 8 and 9, if a Government mandate happened, we would need to find the next available date.
    If you choose not to reschedule, then it would go to a Canceled event, which page 6 explains in detail.

Church Ranch Event Center was willing to work with you and Oscar to reschedule the event, it is you and Oscar’s choice if you should choose to cancel your event.

It is very sad what has happened, with JCHD health order and we understand your frustration and how you are feeling. We are just more saddened that you and your family could state many untruths about this situation all over social media. The good news is, we have all the facts, as you do and many other couples and companies that had events in December, know the truth of the matter because they are all dealing with this, also. And all are happy that we are working them to find a solution.

Feel free to return my calls if you would like.
    Eric Gardner