36 Reviews for Chula Vista Resort

Specialty Beer (1)
China (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
36 Chula Vista Resort Reviews

This resort is absolutely amazing for weddings! The wedding coordinator, Rachel, was amazing! She was so responsive and available to answer any questions and solve any issues we had. She worked so hard to make sure our day was perfect and that we had everything we needed! The food was amazing! Many of our guests commented that their meals were delicious! The bartenders were awesome and so fun! The whole day went off without a hitch! The tent was gorgeous and set up perfectly! We loved our wedding and highly recommend this resort!

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/11/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My new husband and I had our wedding reception at Chula Vista in the Upper Ballroom. Not only were the view and the venue beautiful, but all of the staff was amazing! We worked with both wedding coordinators- Jenn and Rachel- and were so pleased with their willingness to get us anything and everything we needed! Our reception was absolutely beautiful! We would like to give a special mention to the houseman Cory who helped us with our last minute requests, Jennifer and Will who bartended for us, and Ruth from banquets who with her staff made sure that everyone's needs were met swiftly. Everyone was amazing and made us feel so special! We definitely recommend Chula Vista Resort for any weddings!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mikayla was awesome everything we could have asked for!

Profile Picture Lindy, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chula Vista Resort was better than we expected. Everything was perfect from the suites, rehearsal, patio set up for the outdoor ceremony to perfection in the hall. Service was phenomenal I highly recommend Chula Vista for a wedding.

Profile Picture Catherine, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This location is perfect to get the family together for more than just a wedding night! We had family come from out of state and being able to have a weekend with everyone was a gift itself. The location was beautiful, all the staff was extremely helpful, and everything went very smooth. Mikayla was right there when we needed anything through the whole day.

Profile Picture Amber, 6/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great to work with, very responsive, very helpful. Our guests were very pleased.

Profile Picture Lawrence, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From bachelorette party to wedding ceremony to reception, Chula Vista was more than willing to accommodate. Our guests had a blast and our wedding was more than we could've imagined when we began planning. Chula Vista was amazing!

Profile Picture Becky, 1/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would come back and do our wedding all of over again just because of the great staff at Chula Vista! Our wedding was spot on and Mikayla was SO helpful and quick to respond to anything we needed.

Profile Picture User5524907, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Mikayla Dhein was our wedding coordinator. She was amazing. Very helpful and organized. We had the best day of our lives at the Chula Vista thanks to her and everyone else there. Everything went so perfectly and smoothly. Would recommend to anyone looking for a place to have their wedding.

Profile Picture Kayleigh, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chula Vista was an amazing place to have our wedding. Mikayla was a fantastic person to work with and was extremely flexible. We were allowed to have a popcorn bar from another place instead of other hotels we looked at who would have made us use their popcorn. Everything we wanted as far as appetizers to late night snacks was flexible and custom to what we wanted. Our only issue, mainly mine, was the non early check in we requested. We wanted to go do the Ducks before the rehearsal and didn't want to drive around with cars packed of stuff but it wasn't a make or break. The food was fantastic, the head chef came to check on us multiple times and made sure everything was good which it was. It may have been a far drive for some but it was completely worth having our wedding there.

Profile Picture Joe and Kristina, 6/20/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was great! Couldn't have been a better night. The staff was excellent and friendly

Profile Picture Monica, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everyone was so helpful and friendly. If we had any questions, they were promptly answered. Wedding planning can be stressful but with all the courteous help we received, it was a breeze! We are still getting compliments on how delicious the food was too! Everything was hot, fresh and the servers kept the buffet clean and stocked with food.

Profile Picture User4533888, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chula Vista Resort and all of their staff did an amazing job in helping us prepare for our special day. They worked through every detail with us and ensured we were pleased with all options available. Not to mention the setting is beautiful and made for amazing pictures!

Thank you Chula Vista Resort!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/25/19, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chula Vista resort did an amazing job with my wedding. They had 3 other weddings at their resort besides mine. They didn't even break a sweat. We were also suppose to have an outdoor wedding but due to the weather we had to move it inside. Chula Vista helped me make the right decision and came up with an indoor room without a problem. I would reccomend them to anyone!

Profile Picture User1526214, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the most amazing wedding at the Chula Vista this New Years Eve. We had 300 guests. The wedding ceremony took place in the upstairs ballroom and then transitioned to the first floor area for drinks and appetizers before heading into the grand ballroom for dinner. The staff was so accommodating and extremely friendly. The entire wedding went smoothly thanks to Mikayla, the wedding planner at Chula Vista. She truly made it the best day of our lives by making everything so easy and fun. She and all of the staff, including the bartenders, security, and waiting staff were extremely polite and friendly. We are still getting comments on how amazing the wedding was, how great the food was, and how much fun people had.
Overall it wasn't cheap, but I did my research and it would have cost more to do a back yard wedding for 300 people.. After you rent the tables, linens, serving ware, pay for food and drinks, tent, music, photographer, DJ, and then you're still responsible for set up and clean up. At the Chula Vista you can trust them to provide these services to you at your highest expectations. You are free to enjoy your special day instead of running around trying to get things together. Also, to be honest it was NYE and our guests drank a lot! We paid for free beer and wine all night, as well as a champagne pyramid and toast. The booze alone would account for half of our final bill! So overall while the event seemed extremely high end, the wedding itself wasn't too expensive.
I would recommend going to Chula Vista! I had the best time at my wedding and wish I could re-live the night over and over again. Thank you Chula Vista and Mikayla!!

Profile Picture BIanca, 12/31/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a block of wedding rooms at Chula Vista on our wedding night. Mikayla, the coordinator, was very responsive to emails and phone calls. We LOVED our complimentary bridal suite right down to the thoughtful card and champaign waiting for us. We had a snafu while checking in, our suite was given to my parents instead but it was quickly corrected and was not a problem. My only complaint was that I assumed a "block" of rooms meant they would be near eachother or atleast in the same building but our guests were spread across the campus. It would have been nice to know that ahead of time. Like I said before though, the rooms were great, our guests and us really enjoyed the indoor waterpark and we really enjoyed the morning breakfast buffet on site the next morning. I would recommend Chula Vista to my friends and family for future events.

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mikayla, the wedding coordinator at Chula Vista, was so helpful in answering all of our questions and being accommodating. She was always responsive in answering emails, which was a huge relief when you're trying to get things planned. I was a little disappointed in the Chula Vista hotel staff, as I had a few guests tell me that they were not friendly. Banquet staff was great though, and we had many compliments on the excellent food! The best part was having Mikayla and the Events intern, Kayla, there on the day of our wedding to help everything go smoothly. I so appreciated that and it was a huge relief off of my shoulders the day of. We are so happy with our decision to pick Chula Vista for our ceremony and reception!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/24/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Shuttle, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Wine, Specialty Beer, Cocktail Reception, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Chula Vista's service was prompt and excellent.

Profile Picture Shay, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was amazing! Our wedding coordinator Rachel was as well. She was very responsive to all of my emails and always had an answer. My biggest issue with them is that they didn’t necessarily listen to anyone when asked not to take away their food. My husband and I barely ate anything. We had mentioned several times NOT to take our food, but it was gone the second I turned my back. Also, we had a plate taken from a toddler before she was finished eating. Her mother had mentioned many times not to take her food yet. For nearly $40 a plate, you’d think they’d listen. Also, we have no idea what happened with our wedding cake. We don’t know if it was completely eaten, or if they took it and threw it away. I’m still incredibly upset over these 2 instances. Other than that, everything was great. Just make sure to hide your food if you still want it!!

Profile Picture Olivia, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were very pleased with how the ceremony site turned out. Thank you so much for moving the benches. Brad was great! He was there at the ceremony site and at the reception and anything we needed he was right on it. The staff did an excellent job!

Profile Picture Charlotte, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

This was a great venue. They helped us with all of our wedding needs. They helped me find a great wedding planner to make everything come togethter.

Profile Picture Betsey, 3/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chula Vista provided great information to create the wedding we envisioned. Friends and family that came up for the weekend loved relaxing by the pool where the outdoor waterpark offered open seating and lounges throughout the day. The staff was great to set up the chairs for the ceremony and then move them into the tent for the reception. There could have been better coordination for moving the bride from the hotel to the ceremony to ensure she was not on the same transportation as other guests to the ceremony. Our DJ wanted to dim or turn off certain lights in the outdoor tent to set the mood but was told that the lights were all or nothing but it didn’t seem to stop our group from dancing. We had a great wedding night and the dinner/bar staff was great and very professional. Overall Mikayla was an excellent wedding coordinator and it was a beautiful wedding!

Profile Picture Mike, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Chula Vista and my event coordinator attention to detail provided the bride and groom with a stress free wedding day and we had great time!!!

Profile Picture User5443753, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Fantastic. We had a great time and would recommend to a friend.

Profile Picture User5456206, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews