106 Reviews for Chuck Lawson Wedding and Event Music

Lighting (4)
MC (3)
Rehearsal Dinner (2)
Learning New Songs (1)

Chuck Lawson is THE BEST! He provided awesome live music on his steel drums during our plated dinner. After dinner he started the party with a conga line! He was great getting everyone to the dance floor and keeping the party going! Chuck is so professional and always available by phone. If you are looking for a great DJ for your wedding, Chuck Lawson is the best choice!

Profile Picture Rachel, 12/31/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Chuck Lawson was an absolute pleasure to work with! Because we go to Destin several times a year, we were able to see him perform multiple times before our wedding. Every time we saw him, he made time to talk to us and get to know us, which just made our wedding that much more special. He is so sweet and even offered help and advice when I had trouble with another unrelated vendor. Chuck is a wonderful entertainer - a true jack of all trades. We hired him to play the steel drums at our ceremony, and then he DJ'd , played his guitar & steel drums, and sang at our wedding. He really does it all and doesn't miss a beat. My favorite part was the blowing of the conch shell to announce the arrival of the bride....such a unique touch.

Photo
Profile Picture Pam, 10/21/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Vocals

Chuck was awesome!!! He made our reception so fun!!! & His musical talent was fabulous. We are so thankful we hired Chuck!

Profile Picture Shanda, 10/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

Chuck was awesome! We had a 20 year wedding renewal and couldn't have been more happy with everything he did for us. I sent him a list of songs that I love and he did not let me down. Thank you so much for making our special night a night we will not forget.

Profile Picture meagan, 9/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Instrumentals, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Chuck was the perfect entertainment for our conference. He could read the audience and knew just the right type of music to play at the right time. The steel drums were a beautiful addition and his live performances couldn't have been better! Wouldn't hesitate to hire him again!

Profile Picture A, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

Chuck played and DJ'd our wedding reception in July 2017. Not only did he provide music and lighting, but he tastefully, and subtly took on the role of Master of Ceremonies. It was obvious to me he wanted to make sure everyone, including the bride and groom, had a good time. He played the kinds of music we wanted, and none of what we didn't. He also had a couple of fun surprises up his sleeve; one ceremonial, one silly, but both crowd pleasers. His presence greatly enhanced our special celebration.

Profile Picture LOUIS, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Chuck Lawson was amazing from start to finish. From the ceremony's steel drum and conch shell to the reception announcing and being our DJ chuck never missed a beat! We had the best time and Chuck was so much to thank for that. Thank you Chuck!

Profile Picture Lacy, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

Chuck is so much fun and so talented!! He got everyone on the dance floor and made our wedding night amazing. There was a specific song I wanted for my procession and he took it upon himself to learn it for us, which was so unbelievably thoughtful. I would hire Chuck again in a heartbeat!!!

Profile Picture Abbey, 6/9/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

Chuck made our daughter's wedding and reception amazing! From the start he saved the day. It was really windy for our outdoor wedding so if it had not been for Chuck's wirless mobile sound system it would have been impossible to hear the ceromony. The steel drums that he played during the wedding and the use of the conch shell to annouce the brides arrival gave our wedding the feel that our daughter had dreamed of. Once the reception started he offered perfect dinner entertainment and when dinner was over he had people up and dancing so quick you would have thought they were being paid. I'm 41 years old and have never seen my mother and father dance, but Chuck had them up and on the floor. The best part of the night for me was when he suprised me by covering "Little Miss Magic" by jimmy buffet for the father daughter dance at the request of my daughter. It sounded like Jimmy Buffet had stoped by for the show. The night was perfect! Oh yeah, he is a proffesionl as well, always on time and responsive to all wedding planning questions. His service and performance is worth much more than he charges. The memories we have from that night are priceless.

Profile Picture Charles, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

Chuck was amazing! He is worth every penny! Everyone enjoyed having him! He kept everyone involved and dancing (which was something I worried about) He also performed our ceremony and did an amazing job. He is also so flexible and easy to work with even when our wedding didn't go as planned due to rain. I highly recommend Chuck!

Profile Picture Mallory, 5/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

Chuck Lawson was excellent for our Destin beach wedding! He played the steel drums for our ceremony on the beach and it was EXACTLY what I had always envisioned for our beach wedding. He played steel drums through cocktail hour which unfortunately we were off taking pictures and could not enjoy however our guests had all commented on how great it was! He did a wonderful job as our DJ as well, playing many song requests by our guests and really reading the crowd. He did an awesome job of getting everyone up and dancing. A great time was had by all!! Thank you, Chuck!!
-Jill and Ron

Profile Picture User7408544, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Ceremony, Instrumentals, MC, Reception, Vocals, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Chuck was amazing and I would very highly recommend him to any bride looking for an awesome DJ/musician for her wedding! Not only was he awesome the day of but he was so great in the many calls we had leading up to the wedding.

We chose Chuck because he did the Steel Drums (we had a beach wedding) and the normal DJ entertainment. What we didn't realize was that he also did live performance so we got 3 for 1! Our guests loved him, I loved him and my new hubby loved him. Can't say enough good things. Thank you Chuck!

Profile Picture Kelly, 11/5/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

Chuck did a great job! We had a blast with the music provided. He was able to get everyone on the dance floor throughout the entire weekend. Would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Anna, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

Chuck is wonderful. He was easy to contact right from the start. We came to Destin months before the wedding to check different places and vendors out. Chuck met with us and gave us amazing helpful tips. I knew we made a great choice going with him. And I will say I was blown away by his talent. To say he exceeded our expectations is an understatement! We hired Chuck for our ceremony and reception. I will stress you are in GREAT hands with Chuck Lawson!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Janice, 9/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

chuck is an amazing dj i would recommend him to anyone for any event he loves variety.

Profile Picture User7412306, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

Chuck absolutely made our daughters wedding reception so fun. He absolutely knows how to get the crowd up and dancing! You will not regret hiring this man!
Definitely opt FOR the steel drums. Beautiful.

Profile Picture S, 9/4/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

Chuck was by far the best DJ/ live performer for a wedding in the panhandle. He made sure that we were comfortable with everyone he was doing as he went and go the party started after dinner with a conga line! The steel drums for the ceremony were beautiful us and the guest loved them. We are still getting compliments about chuck and how much fun everyone had at the wedding because of him. He made our night memorable for us and our guest. Thank you so much, Chuck. If anyone is looking for entertainment at their wedding or any event, look no further than Chuck Lawson, he is the best!!
-Jacob and Savannah Rasbeck

Profile Picture Savannah, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Chuck was awesome from start to finish. He eased my fears of planning from afar, was able to go above and beyond with my requests, was easy-going, reliable, and so, so talented! He made my wedding so special with his steel drums, blowing of the conch shell, and talent on the guitar and as a DJ! He can do it all! His prices are very fair. I was a budget bride, I looked long and hard when searching for my vendors so that I could get the very best for the fairest cost. Chuck is it! We danced the entire night and I literally begged him to stay, but sadly the county noise ordinance wouldn't allow it :( If I had it to do all over again, I would definitely use Chuck...contact him. You won't regret it!

Profile Picture Shanna, 8/20/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

I really needed a 6th star because Chuck really went above and beyond on his service. He was very detailed in the planning, prior to the wedding day. He spent the time to ask questions to get to know me and my husband, and also help me on decisions relating to the music for the ceremony, and the reception. He had great insight and ideas, all based on his years of experience, that frankly, I never would have thought of.

On the wedding day Chuck was actually early, not just prompt, and even with the threat of rain, felt it best to set up based on our previous wishes, near the beach, in an uncovered area. Luckily we didn't experience rain, but I very much appreciated that he was willing to go above and beyond to give us the experience we wished for, even if it meant he, and his equipment, may get wet. Through the evening with the reception, he read the crowd, and played music, as well as sang live to music that our guests, and my husband and I loved.

I would whole heartedly recommend this very talented musician for any person or company looking to book an experienced, and entertaining musician.

Profile Picture Kaili, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

Chuck was amazing. He was a huge help in the planning process. He was so positive, energetic, and reassuring. On the day of the wedding he got the party started. Everyone was on their feet dancing! I have absolutely zero complaints, he is the best that you can have!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

Chuck was very professional, so courteous and accommodating. He did an exceptional job of knowing and entertaining his audience. He is an extremely talented live musician and DJ (with fabulous lighting I might add). He provided music for both our ceremony and reception, what a packaged deal! And on top of that, what a nice guy! He was a pleasure to work with, and we enjoyed his entertainment immensely!

Profile Picture Bonnie, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

We used Chuck for our daughter's wedding and reception . He was absolutely awesome. He played the steel drums on the beach for the ceremony and blew the conch shell at the end of the ceremony. Everyone loved it! He dj'd at the reception, which was also awesome ! He got the party started and had it going for 3 hrs! I can't say enough good things about him. The bride and groom loved him! I would highly recommend him for any event.

Profile Picture Patti, 6/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

Chuck was absolutely amazing at our beach wedding in Destin! We had him perform steel drums for the ceremony and he did a mix of that, guitar, and then DJ'd during our reception and cocktail hour. He did a fantastic job and was one of the easiest people I've ever worked with. If you're looking for great entertainment for your wedding Chuck is your man!

Profile Picture Katie, 5/21/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Vocals

Chuck was amazing answering all of our questions in a timely manner. He was very knowledgeable and professional. He had some great recommendations for us. He aslo lets people request songs and has a wide range of music. He traveled to orange beach for my wedding. I would recommend using him for your wedding! We did the steel pan drums for the ceremony and the DJ for the reception. He supplied all the mics for the minister and speakers.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/7/16, 4 Reviews