Christopher Coats Video Reviews

22 | Honolulu, HI

22 Reviews for Christopher Coats Video

Sugako · Married on 12/02/2017

Chris is highly recommended for anyone who wants to have a quality videography service without spending a fortune. He captures your wedding day details in a very unobtrusive manner and creates such a beautiful story, which will be your lifetime treasure. And on top of that, he is a genuinely nice, sincere, highly-educated, and trustworthy person. As a coordinator, I need to be cautious which vendor I recommend to my clients, but I can be confident in recommending him to all of my clients.

Sent on 01/09/2018

Bobby · Married on 08/14/2017

Chris and his team was nothing short of amazing. The footage came out beautifully and they were flexible enough to accommodate last minute changes. They were friendly, fun, and easy to work with. I definitely recommend Chris for your special day.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 06/17/2017

We were so blessed to have Chris video our wedding!! Not only did we have so much fun making the video with him but the finished product turned out beautifully. When we got to view it after our wedding we relived all the special moments!! So glad you decided to get a videographer as excellent as Chris. This memories will definitely last a lifetime now!!

Sent on 09/02/2017

John · Married on 06/10/2017

Traveling to Hawaii from Georgia for my wedding was an amazing experience however, planning a wedding from 6 times zones away had its challenges. I can honestly say Christopher made the process very easy when it came to recording our ceremony for friends and family that could not make the trip! He responded super quick and was really fun to work with. After hearing that our reception dinner was at the Moana Surfrider hotel, he volunteered to come take some video clips of the reception for a highlight video that turned out incredible and captured great memories of the best day of my life! Choosing Christopher proved to be a great decision and I would highly recommend him to other looking for a professional videographer to capture their special event!!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/10/2017

When I began making wedding arrangements I was not planning on having a videographer. However, since we were planning a destination wedding, we knew many of our friends and family would not be able to attend. After doing some searching, I found Christopher on the knot.com. I explained to him exactly what I wanted, which was a real-time shoot of our wedding ceremony. I wanted something we could share with our loved ones to make them feel as though they were there with us. Other videographers I spoke with did not offer such packages, however, Christopher made it happen and worked within our budget. He was very responsive and patient (I emailed him a number of times prior to the ceremony). When we met, it was like I had known him forever. He was so kind and easy going. It was truly a pleasure to work with him. He went above and beyond what was requested of him and captured moments from our reception dinner after the ceremony, which he included in a short highlight video for us. He began editing our footage immediately and sent us our video within a few days. It was amazing!!! I couldn't have asked for a better person to capture our special day!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Mary Ann · Married on 09/27/2016

Brides seriously....look no further! I hired Chris to be my videographer for my wedding in the North Shore of Oahu this past September and lets just say, if I could give him 1000 stars, I most definitely would! I'm from California, so planning my destination wedding all on my own was nerve wrecking to say the least. But Chris was definitely one of my favorite vendors. He was very quick to respond to all my emails/text messages, he's patient, and made me feel at ease during all the wedding craziness, just by reassuring me throughout the day that everything was perfect ;) He arrived promptly at 10am, just as I requested, and stayed pretty much for the entire wedding. His rate is very reasonable especially considering the fact that he doesn't charge per hour or per 6 hours like many of the vendors I've came across, which was definitely a plus! I actually received my highlight video the other day online and it is PERFECT! I was in tears when I saw it. It felt as if I was reliving that special day all over again. I can't express how lucky & blessed I was to find such an amazing, kind, patient, and talented videographer like Chris! Thank you for capturing the best day of my life, with such perfection!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Chhou · Married on 09/23/2016

Chris was both professional and easy going. All of our communications were done via email since I live in California. Having a destination wedding and finding the right vendors is hard but I'm glad I went with Chris and his crew. His responses were quick and he ensured me that he has everything I need to capture my wedding day. He was familiar with the location of our wedding and it shows in the video. I would recommend getting a videographer since everything happens so fast during the day of the wedding. It is difficult to take everything all in. With a great videography like Chris, you are able to relive all the wonderful moments that you might have missed during your big day. I am thankful and very appreciative of all the beautiful moments that Chris had captured during my big day.

Sent on 11/15/2016

katherine · Married on 09/17/2016

I really enjoyed working with Chris. Firstly, he's an extremely calm and cool/collected person. I chose Chris initially due to his Wedding Wire reviews and I looked at his website and liked his aesthetic (romantic). I felt he edited his videos with a great storyline and none of his videos were cheesy (which is hard to do with wedding videos). My favorite thing about Chris was that he was so helpful with the types of shots he knows will look good- so he gave great direction for all the shots, telling me what to do with my hands, etc. He also gave a complimentary engagement video-shoot which worked really well with our highlight video. I looked at 20 different videographers in the Oahu area before I chose Chris. The videographers I liked with a similar aesthetic to Chris’ style were all over $5k (way over our budget). I thought Chris’s price was extremely fair and a great value considering his work is at par if not better than some other more expensive studios. I thought Chris was very accommodating to my schedule (I live in NYC so the time difference was tricky but he made it work). He also assuaged my concerns given I chose all my vendors based on phone conversations I had with them (since I was planning a wedding in Honolulu from NYC). We had great communication throughout the whole thing- he made sure we were both on the same page with what he'll shoot and made sure I was happy with everything before being done. He also stayed an extra few hours beyond what we agreed so he could get all the shots he needed. I liked that because the other studios I contacted had a hard 4 hour limit to shoot. He was also excellent in his turnaround time. I was surprised how quickly we received the highlight video. Overall, I would recommend Chris for any wedding large or small. We had 70 guests at our wedding and he brought his equipment and was able to capture all the important events of our wedding (and more). Great person. Great service!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Alison · Married on 05/21/2016

We loved Chris! He was very professional, flexible, and pleasant to be around. Not to mention our video looks amazing and we've gotten tons of compliments on it. Definitely a great choice.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Natalie · Married on 04/04/2016

Christopher was no ka oi/indeed the best. My husband and I consider ourselves very lucky to have been able to work with Chris. He instantly put us at ease and we felt so comfortable with him. He was very cool, calm and easygoing on our special day. It was nice to have found someone so professional and dependable. While watching our wedding ceremony video along with the moving stills, it evoked an intimate feeling and gave a sense of being part of the celebration on the beach. Chris understood our vision from the start and he added unique touches to every angle. Our wedding video was beautifully shot and I am just so pleased by the moments that were captured.

Sent on 06/20/2016
  • Mariah

Mariah · Married on 01/09/2016

Chris is seriously amazing! He is everything we could ever ask for in a vendor and was by far our favorite. Not only did we love him, but so did our family and bridal party AND everyone at the wedding! His communication from booking till after the wedding is excellent and he comes so well prepared. Things were crazy on the wedding day, but he was the one who kept me and everyone happy and calm. He was very considerate of the chapel rules (while still getting great shots) and our guests time, compared to our photographer which is another story... He is worth more than what we spent and I highly recommend him to anyone contemplating hiring a videographer. You will not be disappointed and after everything is over, you'll be happy to have something to replay the day for the rest of your life. We love our highlight video and full coverage DVDs. Thank you Chris for everything! We could not be more grateful for you and hope many blessings come your way!

Sent on 04/06/2016

Colin · Married on 11/04/2015

Chris has worked for my wedding company many times in the past 5 years, and my clients have only the finest comments about his work. On top of being the most professional and reliable video man on Oahu, he is also easy and fun to work with. His artistic camera work and creative editing is a cut above everyone else I have worked with. I would give him 6 stars if I could.

Sent on 02/03/2016

Rick · Married on 09/05/2015

Very professional and accommodating. Our video turned out great.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Dennis & Leorosie · Married on 08/22/2015

Mr. Christopher Coats did an excellent job in doing the video coverage of our wedding. He went over and beyond what was expected of him and was always very mindful of what was truly important for us. The fact that we could share our video on Facebook made it very special because relatives and friends around the world who did not make it to our wedding were able watch it on-line and they loved it! We had very beautiful and positive comments about the video coverage: very professionally done, very sharp, very meaningful and very artistic. Mr. Coats, being the head of the department where my children took their videography classes in Maryknoll School, I believe was the best to hire for my daughter's wedding last year and then for my wedding, too, this year and I praise and thank God because he covered our weddings perfectly! Thank you so much, Mr. Coats, for jobs well done! May God bless you, your work, your family, and everyone who will hire you! We love you and we love what you do for us all!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Rocio · Married on 06/27/2015

Chris was so easy to work with, he ensured that all of our requests were fulfilled. He was very punctual and easy going. He did not mind one bit to just go with the flow of the day. Usually on the wedding day everyone is stressed out and with no sense of time, therefore it is important that everyone capturing your special moment is there to re assure you that everything will be ok. This is exactly what Chris did. We are so happy with his professionalism and the quick turn out on our wedding video. We would definitely recommend him to other couples to capture their special moments.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Dylan · Married on 05/08/2015

Christopher Coats really captured the essence of our "special day" on video. His work is far more cinematic than other wedding videos we've seen and we are so happy that we chose to work with him. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Chris is a very talented videographer/photographer! He was fun and professional and made us feel very comfortable and at ease during the shoot. We are thrilled with our wedding video!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Our wedding was everything I dreamed of. Private, intimate, and on a tropical beach. The whole experience was flawless, right down to the beautiful Haku (traditional Hawaiian crown lei) and lei they provided us. I loved the video, and the photos. Our wedding album is amazing, and we love to share it with our friends and family when they visit. Mahalo for making our wedding so perfect.

Sent on 10/15/2015

On the day of my wedding, I was a giant stress ball. Truth be told, it was difficult to enjoy each moment as the day just flew by. Looking back on it now, I couldn't have been happier that Chris was there to document our wedding day! He was there first thing in the morning to capture our getting ready, and he stayed all the way through the dancing at the end of the night. He's someone who truly enjoys his work, who pours his heart and soul into it... which is evident in his final product. We were blessed to have found him, and I'd highly recommend Chris to any engaged couple looking for a passionate, hard working and trustworthy videographer.

Sent on 03/19/2015

Gina · Married on 12/13/2014

I had the pleasure of working with Christopher on a multi-location wedding. The bridal party got ready at one location, the ceremony was held at Secret Island, and the reception was held at He'eia State Park. Christopher was able to film the detail shots, getting ready shots, first look, ceremony, reception, and testimonials beautifully. He was overly prepared ( a great thing for a Wedding Coordinator to see!) and early to arrive. He was the PERFECT vendor! Very easy to work with, prompt, on schedule, and provided a beautifully edited video. I would definitely recommend Christopher Coats Video!

Sent on 03/22/2015

april · Married on 07/27/2014

Chris did the videography for my nieces wedding in the Summer, He spent all day with the wedding party getting so much detail and special moments of the bride and bridesmaids getting ready as well as the groom and groomsmen. He spent time talking to the couple to see what was important to them for him to capture and he ran with that, he got such detail such as the decor of the the reception and wedding site before and during the event and caught so much of the emotion of the event itself including speaches that were so touching. I got goose bumps watching this video and will charrish that day forever thanks to Chris.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Christopher Coats Video's reply:

Thanks April, you all made me feel so welcomed from the very beginning and I had a smile on my face the whole time! Thanks again and Aloha!
  • User5521919 · 2+ years ago

We were very Happy with the videography and wedding services. I was really nervous before we got to the beach for the wedding, but the guys really made my wife and I feel comfortable right away. We kind of forgot we were even being filmed and really enjoyed our moment. I can't say how happy we were with everything. It was perfect for us. Thanks so much

Sent on 10/13/2015