Chrissy Gilmartin Photography Reviews

Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 6
Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 7

Clare Wernet · Married on 07/06/2019

Chrissy is the BEST!

Chrissy was amazing from the beginning to the end! My husband and I can be somewhat camera shy and Chrissy's enthusiasm, energy, confidence helped to drew us out of our shells. When we first met her for coffee, we clicked right away, and I knew this was someone I could trust to capture my wedding day. She loved all of our wedding ideas and made suggestions along the way so that our day could be the best. We did our engagement shoot with Chrissy at the UC Riverside Botanical Garden (we wanted a desert look), and it really helped us to get to know each other and become more comfortable posing in the front of the camera. Chrissy gave us directions, but everything felt natural. The pictures came out gorgeous! The album with our engagement pictures is proudly displayed in our home, and all of our family and friends compliment the pictures when they look through it. In preparing for the wedding, Chrissy had a detailed questionnaire to help know what specific things we wanted - it included lots of things I wouldn't have thought of! We opted to do a first look before the ceremony, and I'm thankful we did because it gave my husband and I time to have pictures of just us. Chrissy made taking the bridal party pictures fun (from the groomsmen tossing the groom into the air to us gals strutting toward the camera) and the family pictures efficient (we both have somewhat large, and on my side, loud, families - she made everything go smoothly). We got our final gallery of pictures around a month after our wedding (much sooner than expected - especially during peek summer wedding season), and every picture highlighted and captured the love and celebration of the day. I'm incredibly thankful to have found Chrissy! If you're looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic, professional, and amazingly fun photographer to work with, Chrissy is the one!

Sent on 08/25/2019

Meghan Odum · Married on 06/01/2019

Best kept secret!

Where to even begin! If you don’t even consider hiring Chrissy you are seriously missing out. Not only on having a great vendor, getting great photos, but having a lifelong friend! Everything about our experience with Chrissy was over the top epic! First off our first chat solidified that she was going to be the one to be there on our special day. We immediately bonded over life, love, friends and more! Our engagement shoot felt like more of a date night than it did getting the traditional “awkwardly posed” engagement pictures. And our wedding....from the second she walked in the door to the second she packed up and left for the night she was there to not only capture our night, but keep the groomsmen in check, make sure I was taken care of and the list goes on. I’ve been in a lot of weddings which also comes with being photographed by a lot of photographers. Hands down the most comfortable I have ever felt and the most GORGEOUS I have ever felt in photos. Not only does she return photos super quick so it makes you relive your day over and over, she has such a unique style it makes you crave more! Our photos are already hanging on our walls and we will forever be grateful to the wonderful person she is!

Sent on 06/12/2019
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 8
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 9
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 10
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 11

Chrissy Gilmartin Photography's reply:

Girly... You have no idea how beyond STOKED I am that we met, became friends, and that I was there with you on air wedding day!! You and ALL of your tribe were seriously the BEST! You and Bill are just straight up some of the most genuinely RAD, kind, FUN people I know and I cannot wait to see how your new life together unfolds!! xoxo

Lauren Garcia · Married on 05/25/2019

Will make your dreams come true

Where to even begin on how AMAZING this woman is. From her portfolio and our first chat, I knew she was the one. She was exactly what I was looking for, but I had no idea how perfect the experience would be. She is so easy and fun to talk to, responds right away and will listen to your creative or crazy ideas-as mine were! The photographs she took are so priceless and irreplaceable to me, that I feel forever indebted to her. She not only gave me the best gift I’ve ever received (GORGEOUS photos of my Husband and me, and a photo of my Father and me that makes me cry every. single. time.) but also was an amazing friend to me on our day. She felt like part of the family. She will get to know you, and from there work her magic to capture YOU. I promise you will walk away with memories of your wedding that exude raw emotion and perfectly capture every moment. And you get to keep that FOREVER.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Chrissy Gilmartin Photography's reply:

Seriously girly.... You are the one who is AMAZING... and the part about being a friend and part of your family... OMG - my FAV!! I just ADORED you and your crazy cool ideas and I am so beyond honored to have been there to share your FAB wedding day with you!! And stoked to have a new friend for life xoxo
  • Audrey

Audrey Steen · Married on 05/18/2019

Five Stars

I highly recommend Chrissy as a wedding photographer. She is super sweet and easy to get along with. I usually feel very uncomfortable getting my photo taken and Chrissy made me feel totally at ease AND she made me look like a model! She has an artistic eye and does a great job of setting up shots. Her positive energy is contagious and she is totally the type of person you want to have at a party. She got our engagement photos back to us the day after the shoot and sent us a preview of our wedding photos (40-45 photos) the day after the wedding. It was so nice to have gorgeous photos to look at the next day! Chrissy was punctual, professional, and did a great job reading me and my husband's style.

Sent on 06/16/2019
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 12

Chrissy Gilmartin Photography's reply:

thank you SOOO much beautiful girl!! You, Peter, your fab family, and your PERFECT wedding day were just plain AMAZING!!! And I loved every single part of your day... It was so personal, so touching, and SO YOU!! It is definitely one of the most beautiful, spiritual, and just plain unique weddings I have ever been a part of... so thank YOU for the being the lovely soul that you are!! xo
  • Kirsten

Kirsten Edkins · Married on 05/05/2019

Incredible

I hope that my review can do Chrissy justice. Honestly, if you are reading this review you HAVE to hire her. She’s the best find on the KNOT or any other wedding website. Besides being incredibly easy to work with (kind, fun, responsible, laid back, generous) she is an amazing artist. I am an artist myself (painter and pro musician) so I’m very picky about aesthetics. Her photos are so artistic and capture emotion. My husband and looked through many photographers portfolios. We couldn’t believe how boring most photographers images were. The ONLY problem in hiring Chrissy is that every image is so beautiful that it’s hard to choose our favorites (both with our engagement pics and wedding pics). Hire Chrissy if you want a smooth experience and to look back on your special day as if you’re reliving the moment.

Sent on 10/06/2019

Stephanie Look · Married on 04/13/2019

Everyone needs Chrissy in their life & especially on their wedding day!!

There is absolutely no better person to spend your wedding day with; Chrissy is your ride or die photographer, and truly knows how to take care of her bride & groom (and everyone else in between)! She is the most ultimate hype-woman who will jump and scream to get those real legit smiles & giggles, and she absolutely sets the bar for what you should expect from your wedding photographer on your big day (and even on the days & months leading up to it)! My husband and I booked Chrissy before even talking or meeting with her, because we just felt her genuine personality from her photos and website. Her energy is contagious, and she makes you laugh and enjoy every second you are with her. All throughout our wedding-planning process, she was there to affirm our decisions, and provided as much assistance as possible, to the extent of going out and scouting our first look location for us - which happened to be ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! Chrissy's genuine personality makes everyone feel so comfortable around her, and you truly feel like she has been a part of your life for years! My whole family still continues to rave about how much they enjoyed having her as a part of my wedding day, and just how much they love the way she captured every moment of it. Chrissy loves love, and knows how to capture it so beautifully!

Sent on 06/24/2019
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 13
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 14
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 15
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 16
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 17

Chrissy Gilmartin Photography's reply:

Girly...words cannot express how much I adore you and Nick and I know you know this!! But seriously, thank you SO MUCH for choosing me to spend your wedding day with!! I was so honored to not only get to hang with you and you FAB bride tribe and all of your family and friends... but also for the opportunity to meet you and become friends with you both!! I just love guys and I have a feeling I will be seeing you at some more weddings very soon LOL!! xoxo
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 03/23/2019

Chrissy is amazing!!!

Do not hesitate to hire Chrissy for your event. Her gorgeous photos grabbed us right away, and her hilariously written website made us want to MEET her right away. From the first hang out sesh (we got tacos and margaritas because she's amazing), we knew Chrissy was THE photographer for our wedding. Her energy and positivity and true passion for what she does absolutely stands out. When you're picking a wedding photographer, you are picking someone that will be by your side at the most intimate, private moments of your day, and I knew Chrissy would make me feel 100% comfortable - and she did! Not to mention she's just so much fun and personable. Our engagement shoot was a blast, and got me even more excited for the wedding. She turned our wedding sneak peek around in ONE DAY! Just from this sampling of 40 photos, we already know we got our money's worth. I cannot recommend Chrissy enough - we are so happy with how well we worked together and I would be excited for ANY couple who gets to!

Sent on 03/29/2019
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 18
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 19
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 20

Chrissy Gilmartin Photography's reply:

Omg girly!!!! I’m sooooo unbelievably honored that you chose me, and feel seriously BLESSED to have met you guys!!! I knew from that first tasty margarita you and Tim were my “people” and your day was seriously perfect!!!! You guys are serious #couplesgoals and I cannot wait to see the road your new life takes you down!! Love love love you xoxo
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 12/02/2018

Book her now!! you wont regret!!

I don't even know where to begin... SHE was EVERYTHING. I had to mention her during my thank you speech because she was more than just a wedding photographer. She will be your best friend, sister, counselor, cheerer, organizer, just everything! If it was not for her I would've had several breakdowns during my wedding but she was there for me every step of our wedding. Chrissy goes beyond and over your expectations on every point. Choose wisely! It's once in a life time investment that you will not regret. THANK YOU CHRISSY!

Sent on 01/25/2019

Chrissy Gilmartin Photography's reply:

Seriously you have NO IDEA how much I freaking love you!!! I knew from our first meeting that you and Jeff would be stuck with me for life!! I adore you and cannot tell you how STOKED I am that you chose ME to be your girl for your off the charts amazing wedding!!!! Huge hugs and kisses to you 😘❤️😂

Arianna · Married on 11/17/2018

Chrissy is your girl!!

My wedding morning was going so perfect!!....until my bouquets got to my hotel room with all the wrong flowers. From that moment on I had one problem turn into another throughout the day. But all I remember is Chrissy reminding me that my flowers still looked beautiful, and that the night was about having fun and a celebration of love. Till this day all my family and I can talk about is how much we love Chrissy and cannot wait to work with her again! Also, the preview pictures she posted soon after we're freaking AMAZING and we cannot wait to see the rest!

On top of all that, she worked with Jordan and I while we were living Florida, me not keeping in touch with her (SORRY!), Skyping once we got to California to finally "meet", and when we did meet it was like we we're friends! She became part of our family instantly! We cannot wait to work with her again hopefully in the near future!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Chrissy Gilmartin Photography's reply:

Girly... you have no idea how much I adore hearing these words because I just had the BEST TIME at your wedding!! You, Jordan and your CRAZY FUN family and friends were literally AMAZING, and made me feel like part of the family all day, and I am just so STOKED that I was there to capture your gorgeous day!! Love you guys!! xoxo
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing talent and an even more amazing woman!!!

Sometimes you come across someone that has such a light about them and it is very contagious, well that my friends is Chrissy in a nutshell. She is so incredibly warm and bubbly, and probably the most fun person to talk to ever. When I talked to Chrissy for the first time it was as if we had been friends for years. She was so easy to talk to and I knew from our first conversation that I just had to have her as our wedding photographer.
    What first drew me to Chrissy was her style and her ability to capture candid moments that seemed so effortless and yet so elegant. I am in general an extremely picky person and I have always hated those typical wedding pictures that everyone has of all the same poses and with everyone just standing there looking straight at the camera smiling. I definitely did not want those generic boring photos. So when I came across Chrissy’s work, I was so blown away. I quickly pointed out to my fiancé at the time, that this is what I wanted. Chrissy seemed to capture real emotions, real candid moments, and the real excitement of the day.
    We met Chrissy when we did our engagement shoot and let me tell you, it was probably the most fun I have ever had taking pictures. I had a little entourage of family and friends with us and she had us all cracking up and in love with her within minutes. The pictures turned out so lovely and so artistic. I was ecstatic to use them as the main focal point for our wedding invitation. And I used a lot of them to display in frames at our reception and got so many compliments. I now have those great pictures hanging in our home and just love them.
    Having Chrissy at our wedding was like having a close friend there the whole time. She is so amazing, she captured our day like it was a story. There is so much light and life in all of our pictures. You get a real sense of the joy and emotions of that day. It was truly effortless and honestly felt like I had one of my closest friends around us.
    Chrissy has a more killer squad than Taylor Swift’s. Simone Jaramillo was an amazing second shooter who captured so many beautiful elements and amazing candid shots. And Kaylee Duke, our videographer blew us away with her artist eye and amazing editing skills. These three ladies knocked it out of the park. I couldn’t be happier with my choice to have them capture our day.
    At the reception when it came time to dance, I looked over to see the three of them singing along with huge smiles on their faces and that made me so happy to see that they were genuinely enjoying themselves and you could see how much they truly loved their work because of the joy that radiates from them.
    If you can’t tell already, I highly recommend Chrissy and her squad. These ladies were amazing and now I have proof of what an awesome day we had and I have added more people to love in my life!

Sent on 12/19/2018
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 26
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 27
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 28

Chrissy Gilmartin Photography's reply:

Jen... Jen... Jen... What can I say that you don't already know?? Well, I can tell you that I just freaking LOVE you and Daniel... I think you need to renew your vows like 10 more times so that we can do it all over again, and I cannot wait for you and Daniel t have like 10 babies, so that the world can be blessed with 10 more people who are the sweetest, kindest, funnest, and most amazing souls ever - truly!! LOVE LOVE LOVE you guys!!

Samantha · Married on 09/15/2018

Chrissy is an amazing photographer and person. We first met her over drinks to scout locations for our wedding day photos and we knew right then she would not only capture great photos for our wedding day, but be an enjoyable and fun addition to our bridal party for the day. During the evening, she and her assistant captured a bunch of photos. Even though she left after 10 p.m., she sent me a "sneak peak" with over 20 photos the next day! Now that's dedication. The photos look amazing and I cannot wait to see the rest of them! You won't regret hiring Chrissy. Everyone in our bridal party couldn't stop talking about how cool she was and how she was just one of the girls for the day. Thank you Chrissy for making our big day a memorable one. Your energy is infectious and you are very talented.
    You will not regret hiring Chrissy <3

Sent on 09/19/2018
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 29
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 30

Chrissy Gilmartin Photography's reply:

From our first drink together to the last dance at your wedding... I have just LOVED you and Darius!! I am so BEYOND stoked that I was there to capture your INSANELY FUN and gorgeous day and I can't tell you how rad I think you and ALL of your friends and fam are!! I literally felt like I wasn't working lol... It felt like I was snapping some pics at a friends wedding... and I love you for that!! xoxo

Lisa · Married on 08/10/2018

Let’s talk first about Chrissy as a beautiful human, aside from photography. She is as genuine and good and kind as one can find. She’s part of our family now.

Her photography is amazingly refreshing, candid, and captures the beautiful emotion of life’s happiest moments. Everything about my experience with Chrissy, from our first email conversation, to phone call, to meeting her at the venue, was lovely in every way.

Because in God’s world there are no coincidences, I know Chrissy truly was the perfect person for my daughter’s wedding. It’s not possible to be more thrilled than we are.

Chrissy, your work is magical!

Sent on 08/22/2018
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 31
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 32
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 33

Chrissy Gilmartin Photography's reply:

Oh my... can I just say one thing - the fact that you consider me "family" now is my absolute FAVORITE part of everything you said!! I am so honored and happy, to not only be considered family, but that you chose me out the thousands of other amazing photographers to capture your daughter's fabulous day! I seriously love you guys and had SO much fun at the wedding! You and your family are one of the kindest, most sincere, and genuinely beautiful families I know! xoxo

Robyn Morgan · Married on 07/23/2018

Great eye for the perfect moments !

Fantastic, professional, would use her again for future events ! She was able to capture the perfect moments !

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 34
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 35
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 36
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 37
    Chrissy Gilmartin Photography 38

Tina · Married on 04/28/2018

We absolutely LOVED our portraits!. Chrissy made everyone relax and have fun. She was very flexible and made the day completly stress free. Who knew taking beautiful pictures could be so much fun!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Chrissy Gilmartin Photography's reply:

Awee... Thank you so much Tina!!! You and your entire HUGE family were freaking amazing and I had the best day with all of you xo

Chelsa · Married on 02/06/2018

Hands down Chrissy is the one for the job! Her attention to detail and incredible personality make everything fun and flawless.

Sent on 02/19/2018

Chrissy Gilmartin Photography's reply:

Thank you soooo much Chelsa!! You are far too sweet :) I cannot WAIT too see you in Alaska soon...! xo

Sidonia · Married on 01/13/2018

Chrissy is by far the best photographer in Southern California! I promise you won’t be disappointed!!!

She is so professional, talented, fun loving and makes you feel amazing in front of the camera... and to top it off she provides you and your loved ones with beautiful memories that will last you a lifetime. My family and I won’t have anyone else take our photos and we’ve recommended Chrissy to everyone we know.

Sent on 05/15/2018

Chrissy Gilmartin Photography's reply:

WOW!!! Thank you Sidonia - you and Don were sooo much fun - I had the best time with you... and I cannot wait to see you at Thomas and Nick's upcoming wedding day!! Thank you for referring them over - they are MAGIC - just like you an Don xo

Trevor · Married on 01/13/2018

Chrissy’s skills were like no other before her! I’ve had many sessions done with other people, but after this session, I could definitely not go to anyone else. Ever! She interacted with everyone flawlessly, brought new ideas and shots that came out so beautiful I couldn’t believe it! She focuses in on surroundings and details that create such a magnificent scope of work that truly brings here artistic edge to life, creating moments that will live forever! Couldn’t be happier with her, the photos, and the entire experience. Thank you Chrissy!

Sent on 05/21/2018