Marx Event Group Reviews

104 | Warminster, PA

104 Reviews for Marx Event Group

Ashley Narwid · Married on 10/03/2020

Amazing DJ

Chris was great to work with. He was professional and knowledgeable with all aspects of planning and the day of our wedding. He had great suggestions for songs and knew how to read the crowd. He made our wedding so fun and so special! We would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/17/2020
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/02/2020

Simply the best!!

From the moment we talked to Chris a year ago, we knew he was the DJ for us. Now a year later, after postponing our wedding twice, Chris has been a calmness for us in this chaos! Every call we’ve had with Chris has put our nerves at ease. He has been so accommodating and helpful in every change we’ve made. We’re so looking forward to the day we get to break it down on the dance floor with him.

Sent on 07/02/2020
  • Siobhan

Siobhan · Married on 02/21/2020

Best Party DJ

We loved working with Chris for our wedding! He was so quick in his responses, so easy to work with, great at listening to our wishes, and just so much fun to talk to! We had a few requests for our music & he incorporated them flawlessly. He had EVERYONE on the dance floor for the ENTIRE night! People who hadn't danced at a wedding in years were on the floor with us (my uncle emailed me & told me he hadn't been on a dance floor in 30 years!!) We had people coming up to us during the wedding to compliment the DJ & people kept talking it well past the wedding date. All we wanted was for people to have fun and Chris was instrumental in that, it was the most fun night of my life. We also used his photobooth, which was so cute and our guests loved it.

Sent on 03/25/2020
  • Janice

Janice Marin · Married on 11/08/2019

Best DJ ever!

Chris is so easy to work with and so good at his job. He provided mics and music for the ceremony as well as the reception. The ceremony I could not even tell I was speaking into a mic. It's just subtle enough so that everyone can hear, you won't feel like you are on a stage. My husband and I made a Spotify playlist for our wedding music and Chris worked with our list and damn did we dance. Everyone told me that had never been to a wedding with such good music. People were dancing all night me especially! Your may think a DJ is a crazy expense but I can assure you of you hire Chris it's a worthwhile one. The whole day will go smoother with a DJ to help direct the guests and provide the proper musical ques. Absolutely hire Chris he's simply the best.

Sent on 11/28/2019

Bridgid Stackhouse · Married on 09/14/2019

Best Wedding DJ!

When it comes time to book your DJ, look no further and choose Chris Marx! We received compliments all throughout the week about how awesome the atmosphere was, and we must specially thank Chris Marx for this! He is a preferred vendor of a lot of places in the area, and the second we booked with him we could tell why. Chris is so up to date on all the latest technology so when it came time to make payments and changes, they were immediate and seamless. We chose him for our reception early in the planning process, but about 3 weeks prior to our wedding day I needed to book music last minute for the ceremony, he was able to add that service on with no problem. During that same meeting he answered all my questions before I could even ask them! That night was seriously the best night of my life. He had to line everyone up for introductions, all 25 of us, it can be overwhelming to do that and he did it with no problem and stuck to the timeline. Some DJs I have seen in the past try to steal the show and Chris just made it all about my Husband and I. He played any requests that we had and had every single person up dancing the whole night! We are so happy we chose Chris, he had the best attitude and fit right in with our crowd! If you are looking for a professional DJ with the perfect mix of music for your wedding, you have to choose Chris Marx!!!!!!

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan Grever · Married on 06/21/2019

We had a blast!

We used Chris for our wedding recently and can not give him enough praise. We knew we wanted to work with him as soon as we first talked to him. He really listened to what we wanted and had great suggestions on how to accomplish it. He had an answer for every single one of our questions leading up to the day, and was so fun to work with the day of! He was engaged and on top of everything and it really helped make our day. We'd absolutely recommend him and would 100% work with him again for future events!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Kelsey Dramis · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing DJ with an awesome photobooth!

My husband and I had Chris Marx recently DJ our wedding and I can't say enough good things about him! Our guests were up and dancing all night long and I had a BLAST. He was able to perfectly read the dance floor and play the best songs - he really listened to us and understood the vibe we were looking for. He made the planning process so easy and I felt like I never had to worry about anything - and I was right! Chris was there early setting up for cocktail hour and played relaxing music throughout. He perfectly opened up the dance floor for the night - even catering towards our younger guests at the wedding. His MC skills were great and the transitions betweens entrances, first dances, garter/bouquet toss, etc was perfect. We also used him for our Photo Booth and our guests had so much fun - we even received a USB with all the pictures that same night. We can't say enough good things about Chris - you definitely will NOT go wrong booking with him!!

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah McGlinchey · Married on 04/26/2019

Truly excellent! Chris saved our ceremony and got our guests dancing!

We worked with Chris Marx and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a flexible DJ and photobooth! He was super easy to work with before our big day and made the process of selecting music very painless. On the day of, it rained and we lost power right before the ceremony. Chris saved our ceremony by having a generator and quickly setting it up! Thanks to Chris, we were able to play all of our pre-selected music for the ceremony and our officiant was able to use a mic. During the reception, Chris was MC and really did an excellent job at keeping people's attention and getting people dancing! He also supplied the photo booth (at a tiny extra cost) and a book for people to place their photos, which turned into our guestbook! Thanks, Chris, for helping to make our wedding day one of the best days of our lives!

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 03/16/2019

Excellent wedding DJ and photo booth

From our first call with Chris, we knew we were in good hands. I heard about him through a friend of a friend who said they had the absolute best wedding DJ. Intrigued, I did some research online and found stellar reviews everywhere I looked. Chris was so professional and easy to work with. His online system for putting in all the reception details, bridal party names, requested songs, etc. is a testament to just how many weddings he has done and that he knows his stuff. When our reception finally arrived, we were so impressed by Chris’ ability to read the crowd. Once the cake was cut, the dance floor was packed for two straight hours. Everyone had a great time and complimented the DJ. We also used Chris’ photo booth and the attendant was so friendly and helpful. Our guests loved it and it was such a great value. Booking a photo booth through another company would have been much more expensive. Marx Event Group was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. If you’re looking for your wedding to be a great party, hire Chris. You will not regret it.

Sent on 05/24/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 03/01/2019

Dance Competition Success

Chris was great to work with! He kept everyone dancing all night long at our wedding! Our 4 year old nephew would not stop dancing until Chris announced him the winner of the dance competition. He called my 13 year old daughter up to do some DJing/scratching. She was my maid of honor and a bit nervous about her speech. Chris talked to her beforehand and helped to calm her down and walk her through what she needed to do. Our venue had several rooms Chris had to keep up with and he managed flawlessly. He was able to find some rather obscure songs we wanted played for ceremony and reception. I wasn't sure how he'd fit them but he did. He kept the dancing/party flowing all night long! He also provided our photo booth which was a hit with everyone. Our photo booth attendant, Chris, was awesome and everyone loved him!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Nichole · Married on 11/24/2018

Unparalleled!!!

As someone who has attended 9 weddings in 2 years I would like to start out by saying nothing compared to Chris! He was always easily accessible either by phone of email....his system for reservations and payment is flawless....his roll with the flow personality was essential to the hiccups of our wedding! And you absolutely MUST reserve the photo booth! He has a bunch of backgrounds and a hundred photo strip designs and he brings his own props...there is no way your event cant coordinate with his options! I left him a simple note on a chair and that was that! He setup perfectly and was remarkably respectful even though my wedding party constantly talked over him! Simply I could not have asked for a better DJ! I unfortunately dont remember the photo booth operators name (I'm so sorry) but he was AMAZING as well! Super helpful and he hung onto copies of mine and my grooms photo strips until the end so we didn't have to keep track of them! That was just fabulous!!! The photo booth is and "open air" style, which means it's a camera setup in front of a backdrop, no curtain, or tiny box, this allows more people to get into the shot, and he was able to angle the camera to capture some of my wheelchair bound guests!!!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Ed Spangler · Married on 09/29/2018

Best dj ever

There are weddings, and then there are CHRIS MARX WEDDINGS. From the very beginning Chris was incredibly professional but also personable. He understood the stress of wedding planning and made the entire process incredibly smooth and simple. He listened to us and our requests and knew when to provide advice. Because of his expertise I knew we could rely on him with mics, schedules, lights, and sounds. Speaking of sounds, his entire system at the ceremony and reception was perfect. Chris as an MC was INCREDIBLE. The entire nights was about the bride and groom, and he knew it. He was able to get people up and moving in no time. That proved to be no trouble as he dropped beats all night. He flowed seamlessly through songs making it a huge dance party! He even sprinkled in some trollings with Christmas music as that was the groom's favorite. And to top it all of, without any requests, he allowed the best man to give a thrilling rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody and ended the night on the Eagles Fights Song (a staple for any true fan!). We’ve been to a lot of weddings, and we can say without a doubt that Chris is leaps and bounds ahead of them all. His professionalism, humor, timing, musical knowledge, and overall personality made him easy to work with. I would want to plan another wedding just to have him as a DJ again. THere are not enough words to describe how amazing Chris and his team are. 6 out of 5 stars

Sent on 11/08/2018

Valerie · Married on 06/02/2018

Chris DJed my 6/2/18 wedding in Cape May and he was phenomenal! Not only is he the nicest, sweetest guy, but he was extremely thorough during the planning process and made me feel completely at ease going into my wedding day. I dreamed of walking down the aisle to a specific version of the wedding march and Chris tracked it down for me. He carried out every request my husband and I had and played fantastic music all day long. When he found out my family and I are huge Philadelphia Eagles fans, Chris surprised us and created one of my favorite moments of the day by playing the Eagles fight song during the reception. I couldn't recommend him enough!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Liz · Married on 05/27/2018

Chris Marx was the absolute BEST DJ we could have imagined to be a part of our special day. He was so responsive and accommodating from the start. I explained our vision early on and he was all about entertaining the party we wanted our wedding to be. The online planner was so easy and made the preparations and planning stage so easy and timeless. On the day of he was organized, timely, FUN, engaging, and everything we hoped for. He was very fair in pricing for the job he did. I would recommend Chris Marx for anyone looking for a DJ! So happy he was a part of our special day.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Marx Event Group's reply:

Thank you, Liz and Joey! I had so much fun working with you guys! I wish you many years of awesomeness. <3 Chris

Jordan · Married on 12/22/2017

We couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding back in December, 2017! My wife and I live in Pittsburgh, but our wedding was in Philly so we had to plan everything with Chris over Skype. He did an awesome job communicating with us and making sure that every detail was accounted for. Very much a detail-oriented person which was great because the reception went exactly according to plan. He had our guests up and dancing the whole time and everyone loved him.

Sent on 03/02/2018

Marx Event Group's reply:

Thank you, Jordan and Sierra!!

Kelsey · Married on 11/18/2017

Chris Marx is absolutely amazing! When looking for DJs, we saw Chris had all 5-star reviews, and after booking him for our wedding--we completely understand why! Weddings can be stressful to plan, especially entertaining 200 people for hours. Chris took the stress out of it all, from the planning stages to the actual reception. My husband and I have a wide variety of musical taste, ranging from country to pop to hip hop to rock. Chris was able to navigate his way through to keep everyone in the crowd entertained from beginning to end. I like the personal touches he added to the cocktail hour and reception. Chris also had a previous relationship with our venue, which made us feel at ease. He even had the Penn State fight song on his playlist, which he played to end the night--a perfect ending for this PSU alum!! He takes a few pictures to commemorate the night, which was such a nice touch to see in the days after our wedding! We love Chris and would recommend him time and time again!!!

Sent on 03/14/2018

Thank you, Kelsey!!
  • Kari

Kari · Married on 11/10/2017

Chris is the BEST

Working with Chris was the best decision I made for my wedding. The number 1 thing on my wedding day was that I wanted everyone to dance all night long because I LOVE to dance. And he did not disappoint. The dance floor was packed all night. I only had a few song requests but I let him do his job and he knew exactly what to play and when! It was honestly perfect. Got rave reviews about every detail! I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Paul · Married on 11/04/2017

Chris did an awesome job from start to finish. He’s as good as they come. A couple highlights we remember (since the day seriously flys by):

1) in my nervous state, not 20 minutes before walking out, i stammered a quick remark to Chris “Hey, my one pet peeve is awkward transitions” and then ran away. lol Chris had the presence of mind to digest my request and politely come back to me later to get a better understanding of what i meant. He sincerely put a lot of thought around my off handed comment but wasn’t afraid to get clarification. Yes, i was a groomzilla.

2) During the dancing, Chris asked permission to pull a fun stunt with the crowd. Playing the first 20 seconds of ‘All i want for christmas’ by Mariah Carey followed by a perfectly executed switch to Soulja Boi “Superman that Ho”... it was utterly amazing! He was able to read the crowd and know it would be a hit.

3) Last but not least by any means, Chris is just a down to earth good dude. Easy to talk to. Great planning skills. He even has his own portal for his clients to use to pick out the songs they want months prior to the big day. A+ Service. 5 stars. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks again for everything, Chris!!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Marx Event Group's reply:

Thank you, Paul! I had so much fun working with you. I'm so glad you and your guests had a great time! Best of luck in the future, and I hope you have an amazing marriage!

alicia · Married on 10/14/2017

We had the good fortune to know Chris prior to our engagement, I say good fortune because he was one thing our guests couldn’t stop talking about. From planning, to ceremony, to reception Chris was on top of everything, helping the flow and coordination of our event and festivities. He made us feel super comfortable and completely relaxed throughout the planning process. He got EVERYONE out on the dance floor all night long. Relatives and friends alike were out dancing the night away. The transitions and song choices were on point for the mood and the atmosphere. Chris has a true talent for picking the perfect songs at the perfect moment. If you’re looking for someone who genuinely cares about what they do for a living and takes his job seriously and with commitment Chris is your guy. We felt relaxed knowing our guests would be enjoying themselves at our reception, he went above and beyond what we expected of him. You will not be disappointed when booking Chris he was worth every penny and then some!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Marx Event Group's reply:

Thank you, Alicia! I'm so glad that I got to work with you and Ben! You two are awesome, and definitely made for each other! I wish you many years of happiness.

Keith · Married on 10/07/2017

Chris is one of the best DJs I have ever encountered. He knows how to read a crowd and work a wedding. When we needed someone to make sure our wedding went smoothly he stepped up to the task like a true professional. I can’t recommend Chris Marx highly enough.

Sent on 02/06/2018
  • Alissa

Alissa · Married on 09/23/2017

We found our DJ, Art Armani, for our September 23, 2017 wedding through Chris Marx Events. We did not have a vision AT ALL for the music on our wedding day. Art took the reigns and we could not be more happy that he did. He is truly a professional and was able to set the tone for every point of the wedding - from ceremony to reception. Thank you Art and Chris Marx Events for being such a pleasure to work with and helping to make our wedding day so special!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Marx Event Group's reply:

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure to work with you! We wish you many years of happiness!
    - Chris & Art

Courtney · Married on 09/23/2017

Chris DJed our September 2017 wedding. He made the whole process extremely easy. We also had a band so Chris coordinated with them, played the cocktail hour and during the band breaks. I received many compliments on the DJ! The whole wedding was pretty DIY so it was a bit chaotic but Chris made the day seem like a breeze. Thanks Chris!!

Sent on 02/07/2018

Tonya · Married on 09/03/2017

Chris is the absolute best! We were lucky enough to have attended the wedding of two of our favorite people and got to chat with him a bit before their wedding started. It felt like we were talking to and laughing with a longtime friend. Then, we got to experience how flawless and entertaining he is on the mic! When we finally booked our big day, the first call was to see if Chris was available. Lucky for us, he was! Leading up to the wedding he was amazing. He would regularly check in to see what special requests we had, what songs we were choosing for special moments, and even offered advice when we were having trouble deciding. His playlist was perfect, and he kept the party moving along beautifully. DEFINITELY HIRE HIM FOR YOUR EVENT!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Larissa · Married on 06/23/2017

Our Dj from Chris Marxs was Dj Darren!!! We had the pleasure of meeting Chris and Darren together and we all had a really fun time planning the music for our reception. They both had great ideas when my then fiancé and I were stumped. At the reception Dj Darren was entertaining and way FUN! He even came out from behind the Dj booth to show our family and friends the dance moves to Wobble, made sure we were all going in the right direction to cha cha slide and Cupid shuffle. He even came around and took some selfies with my husband and myself. Truly professional and a blast to work with. He also took the time to come get the line in order for the entrances into the reception. We highly recommend them and will be using them again in the future!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Marx Event Group's reply:

Thank you, Larissa! We are so glad to have worked with you! We wish you many years of happiness, as well as wonderful memories from your wedding day! - Darren and Chris

Kelsey · Married on 06/23/2017

Where do we even start?! My fiancé and I booked with Chris almost two years before our wedding date. Throughout the entire planning process Chris was extremely patient, professional, and quick to respond to any questions/requests. He met with us the week of our wedding and truly made us feel like we were family more than clients. I left our final meeting knowing our day would be perfect from the ceremony music and sound, to the cocktail hour and reception music. We're now almost three weeks out from our wedding and we are still getting compliments on how awesome the music was! It was truly a non-stop PARTY! Chris exceeded all expectations we had for a night full of dancing and fun! Hands down the best out there! We will continue to recommend him to all our family & friends for any and all events! :)

Sent on 07/11/2017

Marx Event Group's reply:

Awwww. Thank you Kelsey!! You and Dennis are awesome people, and I had a great time working with you! I'll be hitting you up when I come out to Vegas in October!
    -Chris