Chris Laich Music Services Reviews

281 | Washington, DC

281 Reviews for Chris Laich Music Services

Catherine · Married on 04/13/2013

Always felt that Chris had everything under control and that there was nothing to worry about. Also gave great suggestions for music and had a great play list!

Sent on 05/09/2013

Kristen · Married on 04/06/2013

Chris was FANTASTIC to work with! He was such a professional--from start to finish, everything about the music and the overall flow of our wedding was perfect. He reads people incredibly well and knew the perfect songs to play at the perfect moments--and we had a huge Irish Catholic wedding with people of all ages!

We also live outside of the DC area where we were married and Chris was incredibly helpful and extremely responsive every step of the way. He'll constantly tell you that although you hired him to do the best job he can, it's YOUR day and he wants to make it about the couple that is celebrating. Both my husband I were floored by how compliments we received on Chris following the wedding from other guests, too. Use Chris for your DJ--he's the best!

Sent on 04/18/2013

It was a real pleasure using your DJ services and especially working with Michael Tate. He had just the right combination of maturity, personality and responsiveness that Susan and I were looking for in our reception entertainment. We were very impressed with him in our initial preparation meeting and how well our musical tastes and requests were incorporated into our wedding reception music. He also exceeded our expectations as the master of ceremonies.

Sent on 05/22/2013

Sharon · Married on 03/30/2013

We worked with Ross as our DJ. He was awesome and totally got the vibe we wanted for our wedding. My uncle played my processional on the guitar and Ross wired him through the speaker system. Ross also worked with our videographer to get the sound on the video just right and organized a surprise dance with our bridesmaids and groomsmen without us even knowing.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Amanda · Married on 03/17/2013

Chris Laich is the best DJ around. Look no further. He is incredibly personable, professional, talented, accomodating, and kind. He played all the music we asked for, PLUS. The guests raved about his music. People we never expected to dance were out on the floor all night. He also made sure our schedule for the evening ran smoothly, and was able to offer advice and suggestions throughout the planning process, all of which we accepted and all of which worked perfectly. He was a pleasure to work with, and EASILY the BEST at what he does. THANK YOU Chris for EVERYTHING.

Sent on 03/26/2013

Meredith · Married on 02/22/2013

They met all of my expectations and then some! They were professional, reliable and flexible when I made a scheduling goof! I highly recommend them for any event. They were able to read the crowd and play the appropriate music so everyone could dance the night away. EVERY GUEST complimented about how great the music was!

Sent on 05/02/2013

Kelly · Married on 02/09/2013

Chris was amazing even before we officially booked him. I knew I wanted him as our DJ after reading his reviews and talking on the phone with him. Even before we had our date set, he was helping me with other vendors. We don't live in DC so it was tough finding vendors since we didn't know who to go with. He lead me in the right direction and we ended up having amazing vendors because of him. I was so glad when we set our date so we could officially book him. He is so easy to work with. We gave him an idea of what kind of music we wanted with a few must plays and he hit it out of the park. He had everyone on the dance floor until the lights came up. He is #1 for a reason! Don't go with another DJ!!!

Sent on 02/16/2013

Denise · Married on 12/15/2012

Chris and his crew are professional, fun and have a great selection! By far the best DJ we have ever had. We hired Chris for our company holiday party and were not disappointed. Thanks much Chris - we will definitely be contacting you again! Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/02/2013

Kate · Married on 12/01/2012

Chris was a FANTASTIC dj! The reception was the most fun I have ever had and literally everyone was up dancing! We ran out of space on the dance floor. Everyone I talked to complimented Chris and told us they have never had such a great time at a wedding reception. Thank you, Chris!

Sent on 01/04/2013

Libby · Married on 09/22/2012

One of the things it's probably not a good idea to compromise on when it comes to weddings, is the music.
    If the DJ sucks, people don't have fun, the dance floor is empty, announcements are awkward...\

If you choose Chris Laich Music Services, that won't be the case.

Our venue owner said he's never had a wedding where the dance floor filled up from the very first opportunity, and stayed that way until the very end. The music flowed perfectly, and Chris' announcements were professional, minimal, and really helpful.

The only thing I'm a little disappointed in, was my lack of focus on the morning of the wedding - where I forgot to leave a list of requests on Chris' table. There were a few songs I really wanted played, but it actually really speaks to Chris' ability to work a crowd, that I didn't think of going up there to actually ask him for them, until after the night ended and I realised I hadn't. I'd just been having too much fun dancing around.

He worked with our officiant to set up mics for out outdoor ceremony, and made announcements about our guest book, photo station, food, and never once was he cheesy or babbled on!!

We had a few long chats on the phone with Chris to discuss the feel of what we wanted, our specific songs for the ceremony, first dances, etc. and everything went very smoothly. We also discussed music that we hated - to make sure that it wasn't played - very important details!

All in all, if you can make it work in your budget - the reviews speak for themselves. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/02/2012

Megan · Married on 09/15/2012

We hired DJ Ray from Chris Laich Music Service for our wedding and couldn't be happier with our decision! He was extremely professional and always easy to get a hold of with any questions or requests. We had many wedding guests compliment us on such great music throughout the reception! We even ended up extending the DJ time since everyone was having such a great time. I would highly recommend Ray!

Sent on 10/03/2012
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 09/02/2012

My husband and I could not have asked for a better DJ. Chris was so helpful with the microphones and speakers for our ceremony and also kept the partying going all night for our guests with his awesome choices of songs to play. We gave him very little direction (only a couple of MUST plays and DO NOT plays), and let him use his expertise to do what he does best. He did such a great job. After he played the last song of the night, all of our friends on the dance floor started a, "one more song!" chant. A huge testament to how much they were enjoying the evening and Chris' DJing.

Sent on 10/05/2012

Jess · Married on 07/15/2012

Chris,
    Tyler and I wanted to thank you again for DJ-ing our wedding! The day was perfect and I know that everyone at the wedding commented on the music! We had a BLAST! Thanks again for making everything go on without a hitch! We truly appreciate it! It was a day that we will cherish forever! Thanks again! :o)
    Sincerely,
    Jessica

Sent on 12/05/2012

AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING! I'd hire him again tomorrow. There wasn't a moment after the first dances that people weren't rockin it on the dance floor! He was so accomodating to the music we wanted to play and even edited some non-mainstream music my now husband really wanted to here. Worth every penny!

Sent on 08/27/2012

LeeAnn · Married on 06/23/2012

Chris is such a pleasure to work with. His kindness and professionalism were evident from our first conversation. I was so bummed to find that he was not available for our wedding date, but his co-worker, Ray, was. Ray was wonderful! He met with my husband and went over all our wishes. We are huge music lovers and it was a very important part of the day. Ray listened to all our requests and was very professional. If you're looking for a DJ who is behind the scenes, and only heard when needed, and will play amazing music, then Chris Laich Music Services is for you. I highly recommend!

Sent on 03/07/2013

Maureen · Married on 06/02/2012

Chris is an amazing DJ!!! If you want your guests to have an amazing time and to dance all night, you need to chose Chris!! He is super to deal with and very professional!!
    Maureen Hearl

Sent on 06/18/2012

Tera · Married on 05/12/2012

I contacted Chris Laich Music Services less than two months out from our wedding date after the band we had booked cancelled on us last minute. Chris responded back to my email within the hour (which seems to be unheard of in my experience of the DC Wedding Vendor Hunt) and said that he happened to have had a cancellation at the last minute as well and would love to work with us.

During our first phone conversation, Chris knew all of the questions to ask regarding the atmosphere we wanted to create, the venue itself, and the experience we wanted our guests to have. Maybe it was his charm, his knowledge of music and the wedding industry or his "Casey Casem-esque" voice that sold us, but it was a great investment! (They also had overwhelmingly positive reviews on Yelp and Wedding Wire).

Ross was our assigned DJ for the evening (Chris books up months in advance) and he was awesome. It was almost like Chris knew exactly who would click with my husband and I. We met Ross at a Starbucks after work one evening to talk about the announcements, timeline, and the music. My husband and I were pretty unprepared for the meeting, not really knowing what we wanted yet, but that didn't seem to annoy Ross. He helped give us some great ideas and was really excited and responsive about the ideas we already had. Ross was great and had a very approachable, outgoing, and fun personality which is exactly what you want in a wedding DJ.

The night of the wedding went off without a hitch. Ross fulfilled all of our requests AND did extremely well handling all of the requests from family and friends (he had gotten to know us enough to know which songs we would love and which ones would make us cringe). He kept the party going to the very end and did a great job of keeping people on the dance floor all night. The only EPIC fail that Ross had was when he played Sinatra's "New York, New York" which immediately was met with HUGE boos from the crowd! (We are HUGE Washington Capital's fans and that evening was Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Semi-Finals against the NEW YORK Rangers.....bad call Ross...bad call...). :) He recovered nicely though.

Overall, we were extremely happy with the entire process! I must admit, hiring CLMS was a little more expensive than we wanted to spend, but for the quality of service, the professionalism, and the experience we received it was totally worth it. I'm sure we could have saved a few hundred dollars less on a lower rated music service in the area, but I'm pretty sure that my review would have ended up completely different!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Lisa · Married on 03/24/2012

Amazing! Aaron was the DJ the day of our wedding and he was very professional and courteous to not only me, but every guest. My husband and I met with Aaron a few weeks before our wedding and it was very relaxed and informal. We selected a few "must plays" at the reception, but Aaron took our list and made it his own. He played music everyone enjoyed and the dance floor was never empty! The enthusiam Chris Laich has for music and making sure everyone has a good time is absolutely fantastic and I will definitely recommend them to other brides-to-be!! The value we received for their services was also spectacular!

Sent on 03/29/2012

Mary · Married on 03/17/2012

Best DJ ever. Seriously... I'm so glad I didn't go with a band. Chris played all the songs we wanted and also had the musical prowess to get our parents, grandparents, and friends out on the floor... all at the same time! What a blast! I have been getting calls from friends and family ever since... everyone says it was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding and Chris had a TON to do with that. Perfect.

Sent on 03/27/2012

Diane · Married on 03/16/2012

Chris was highly recommended to us by our venue and we were very satisfied with his professionalism and flexibility. Prior to the wedding we gave him a list of songs and artists that we liked and he mixed them all into a wonderful evening of music! We gave him the schedule of events and he kept the party moving right along. He was also able to read the crowd on the dance floor and quickly change the music (if needed) to keep everyone there.

Sent on 03/29/2012
  • delight + jason

Delight · Married on 01/28/2012

We had the pleasure of having Chris Laich from Chris Laich, Music Services as our DJ for our January 2012 wedding. Chris was amazing! Chris kept in touch during our whole planning process, especially during the final 2 weeks and he provided suggestions for our schedule so that everything would flow. Chris started off with creating a wonderful atmosphere for our cocktail hour mixing in “traditional” music with more contemporary music. Our reception was an absolute party the entire evening. For our reception, Chris kept the dance floor packed all night! Chris started off the night with some oldies to get the dancing started and had a selection of music that progressed through the night to a full out party atmosphere by the end of the night! He does an amazing job “reading” the crowd and plays the music that the guests respond to. The result was a fantastic party! We received so many compliments from our guests, many telling us they “have never had so much fun at a wedding” or that they “ have never danced that much at a wedding.”

Chris is a very low key DJ he keeps announcements to a minimum and keeps the dance floor moving. He is very professional and very easy to work with. We were so lucky to be able to book Chris for our wedding; he even offered us a discount because our wedding was during the “off peak” wedding season. You will not regret the amount that you spend having Chris as your wedding DJ. He is worth every penny and you and your guests will have a fabulous time!! We would not hesitate recommending Chris Laich as your DJ for your wedding or other event.

Sent on 02/22/2012

Nicole · Married on 12/10/2011

Chris is the best DJ in town! If you want great music but also someone who’s good at the “flow” of the evening, Chris is your guy. He sat down and helped us plan the run of show for our reception, something I would not have known how to do. We wanted someone who knew how to please the crowd but that wasn’t talking throughout the night. He is high energy when you meet with him but at our event he only talked when necessary. I’ve gone to several weddings where the DJ talked WAY too much and Chris just is the opposite. He was one of the best parts of our night and I can’t imagine having anyone else be our DJ. A true professional.

Sent on 12/30/2011

Chelsea · Married on 11/19/2011

We had Chris Laich DJ at our wedding and we couldn’t have been happier. He gave us exactly what we asked for. He promised to pronounce our bridal party perfectly, was very accommodating towards our needs, and provided insight on how to deal with sensitive issues regarding our family. He was energetic without being overbearing. Although we were worried that he was very chatty during our initial conversations with him, he was very professional during the wedding day. He exceeded his claims of being one of the best dj’s in the nation.

Sent on 12/14/2011

Maddie · Married on 10/22/2011

Chris and Ray are amazing. There is no cheesy music picked and they don't try to be the entertainment of the reception like a lot of DJs. Ray played all of the music we requested prior to the ceremony and really gave us some great suggestions. We also had some untraditional music choices for our ceremony and he had absolutely no problem going with the flow. They are worth the price!

Sent on 11/08/2011
  • W

William · Married on 10/22/2011

Our DJ, Ray Vanags, really helped to make the night unforgettable. Guests still talk about how much fun they had almost 3 years later!

Sent on 06/09/2014