Chris Laich Music Services Reviews

281 | Washington, DC

281 Reviews for Chris Laich Music Services

Alexandra · Married on 04/27/2019

Best DJ ever!

We got married in April 2019 and Chris was our DJ. We can’t say enough good things! He was so thorough and responsive through the entire planning process. He did an amazing job with all the music - from the ceremony to dinner to the reception. He played exactly the music we liked and was super upbeat and got our guests up and dancing. He was also able to supply our gorgeous uplighting at a really reasonable price. Would 100% recommend him!

Sent on 06/18/2019

K & T · Married on 11/03/2018

Highly recommend!

We worked with Chris himself (as opposed to one of his associates). You will definitely pay more for Chris than the average market rate, but the investment is definitely worth it. The DJ has a uniquely large impact on the "feel" of your wedding, and is frankly in a position to make or break the event. We appreciated that Chris was forthright and up front about the fact that his prices were above average and that he explained why he believed he was worth the extra money. After our wedding, we can say that he definitely was worth it. Chris is very enthusiastic, and to be honest, it can be tough to get a word in when talking with him sometimes, but that's what you want in a DJ--someone who isn't going to be at a loss for words and who will keep the event (and party) flowing. He did a GREAT job listening to us re: our music preferences, and we couldn't be happier with how he managed the dance floor and the flow of the party. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/13/2019

Ellen · Married on 10/20/2018

Aaron is amazing!

We worked with Aaron Platt for our ceremony and reception and cannot say enough good things about him. He kept everything flowing seamlessly and we didn't once have to worry that the schedule was off. He did a great job "reading the room" and played music that kept guests dancing all night. We would absolutely recommend working with Chris/Aaron!

Sent on 12/03/2018
  • Valerie

Valerie · Married on 10/13/2018

Incredible!

Chris is an incredible DJ! Not only does he play great music but he is very knowledgeable about weddings in general. Working with him was a huge relief, there were so many little details that we had no idea were so important! Chris knows how to keep people dancing! For days after our wedding we heard, "I kept wanting to sit down and take a break from dancing but each song was just so good I couldn't stop!" We are so thankful to have had Chris DJ our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. His equipment is powerful yet sleek. We couldn't have done it without him! Everyone was sore from dancing, my husband ripped his pants from dropping it low and so did his groomsmen! 100% would recommend!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Chelsea · Married on 09/29/2018

Chris is a true professional, went above and beyond

Chris thinks of everything sound related. He worked seamlessly with our live musicians and officiants for the ceremony/cocktail hour, and ran everything for the reception and dancing, including mics for toasts and dinner music. He offered ideas for how to integrate with our recording devices and provided us with files that we needed, which was a huge help to us and beyond what we expected from him. It also helped that he has worked so often with our venue, Meadowlark Botanical Gardens, so he knew the space and the staff there, further alleviating the need for us to think of everything little thing. On top of this, Chris knows music. We had a somewhat unconventional song selection, but he understood our taste immediately and mixed songs together, read the dance floor, etc. We were very happy with everything. Highly recommend. Thank you, Chris!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Maddie · Married on 09/16/2018

Great music that will make your reception memorable!

Chris Laich is a fantastic DJ and experienced in managing the flow of a wedding. He helped make our day special and fun. He facilitated our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception music. He made our first dance special, and tailored it to what we wanted. We danced all night and all of our guests had a great time, in no small part due to his efforts. We had guests asking him where they could buy his mixes they enjoyed them so much!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Diane · Married on 09/02/2018

Chris Laich Music Services is Excellent!

Met Chris at an event open house and he impressed me with his experience and knowledge with weddings. So happy we hired him! The evening and music were perfect. His pre-wedding planning really helped us organize the timeline and music so we could relax and just enjoy the reception. Chris is professional and friendly and really easy to work with. His equipment is top of the line and he really knows his job! The DJ is the key player in how smoothly everything flows for your wedding day and keeping the party going! Thank you Chris for playing such an important role (and acing it!) on my daughter's wedding day!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Lisa · Married on 08/25/2018

We had a great experience with DJ Chris Laich at our wedding in August! He was easy to work and communicate with throughout the entire wedding planning process. He was very responsive, quick to answer any questions, and offer any advice/suggestions needed. The month prior to the wedding, we utilized his music portal (which was user-friendly and intuitive) for song requests as well as had a phone call with him to discuss all of the music. We could tell he was very experienced and definitely knew what he was doing - so it was reassuring to know the music was in good hands!

During the wedding, the music was the right mood before and during the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He also did a great job emceeing - announcing names, any special events e.g. family photos, cake cutting, shuttle times etc. He offers uplighting as on additional service which looked great in our reception hall.

We received compliments all night and even after the wedding that the music variety was perfect! Our guests had so much fun out on the dance floor with songs from various eras as well as some fun group dances! Overall, DJ Chris Laich was a huge hit at our wedding and we would highly recommend him for any event!!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Darryl · Married on 07/07/2018

Meticulous planning and execution. Chris is a true professional. He handled our wedding reception beautifully; we couldn't have been happier. Darryl

Sent on 07/27/2018

Jennifer · Married on 04/15/2018

This was my "out of sight out of mind" vendor. I honestly didn't have any special needs or requirements for music--and hadn't put really any thought into it at all. Chris' online planning service was super helpful and easy to get through all of the important things I didn't even realize I should have thought about. Day of he was absolutely professional, and seasoned. He set up and tore down like a ghost, needing no assistance or even notice. The song selection was a wonderful mix of everything--including fantastic covers of songs I want to have on my iPod!
    Overall I would not hesitate to recommend Chris Laich to anyone for any DJ need.

Sent on 04/29/2018

Carl · Married on 04/07/2018

We had Aaron Platt from Chris Laich Services and he did a fantastic job for our wedding. He did a perfect job walking the line keeping it classy while also livening up the party. Chris Laich was also available and was extremely professional and responsive. You won't regret working with either of these guys.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2017

After being to many weddings, my husband and I realized how important good entertainment is to the life of the reception. Add in that my husband is a little bit of an audiophile, and we were very selective in our choice for ceremony audio and reception entertainment. Michael Tate, part of Chris Laich Music Services, was exactly who we wanted. Our ceremony was seamlessly wired for sound, and we had no audio issues. For the reception, Michael continued his great work by keeping the dance floor packed! We also had several cuts for music (entrances, cake cutting, etc.) and Michael did not miss a beat with any of them. The portfolio of music Michael had was broad, and he was able to please the musical taste of multiple generations! Even though the price was higher than what my husband and I were expecting to play for a DJ, they are worth even penny and were honest and transparent with us throughout the process. We highly recommend Michael and the rest of the Chris Laich team!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Danielle · Married on 10/15/2017

Chris did a fantastic job at my wedding this past weekend. My guests raved about him, and are continuing to reach out to let me know how tasteful and inclusive Chris's work and professionalism were. Chris reassured me of wedding details and timelines from our very first call, and continued to do so through my wedding day. He was one of the easiest vendors to work with for my wedding day, and my guests were extremely impressed with him. If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding ceremony and reception, Chris is easily one of the best!!

Sent on 10/19/2017
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/29/2017

Chris did a fabulous job at my wedding. We had a three location set up from the wedding and cocktail hour, both outdoors, to the indoor reception. We had microphones magically in place at the exact moment they were needed and he even provided a string quartet for our ceremony. At the reception he kept our party going strong until the very end! We are very appreciative to have hired him.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Kristyn · Married on 09/23/2017

Chris was extremely professional and accommodating throughout the process. He gave great suggestions and really helped us navigate through the process. He was available to meet in person, chat over the phone and put together a great playlist for the whole party. He also was able to do our ceremony music & microphones, which was outside and the quality was excellent. We really enjoyed working with him for our wedding! After the first meeting with Chris, we did not look at another DJ, he is the gold standard.

Sent on 01/12/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/09/2017

Great service! Great DJ! Absolutely would recommend!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/02/2017

We really enjoyed having Chris for our wedding DJ. I was initially concerned about the dance floor of my venue, because it was in a historic mansion, so not the easiest space. I went with Chris because he had worked at the venue before, and was able to explain to me how everything would be set up and put my fears to rest. He was really flexible on the set-up and where he would be located. I knew on the day of the wedding, I didn't need to be stressed about about microphones or music, which was great. Most importantly, the music was awesome. He played all the songs I wanted, kept the dance floor going, and added fun transitions between songs. Overall you can tell he is a professional and knows what he is doing.

Sent on 01/17/2018

C · Married on 07/09/2017

Chris delivered on our wedding day! Based on our music tastes, Chris was able to play and mix songs that kept the reception going, and our guests on the dance floor. We appreciated our phone conversations, email exchanges, our in-person planning meeting, and our online website where we could personalize playlists. My husband and I enjoyed choosing songs as we envisioned the flow of our ceremony and reception. In addition to being our dj, Chris also played the role of an emcee; he followed the schedule accordingly and responded to changes when needed. We also appreciated his feedback, as he has had many years of experiences in his career. We highly recommend Chris!

Sent on 07/29/2017

Joe · Married on 05/06/2017

We were very lucky to get Chris Laich as our DJ and MC for our wedding. Chris is passionate about his business which probably explains why he is so popular. But he doesn't only deal with the big million-dollar venues. He also will work with a couple (such as us) to come up with a package that fits their budget and truly gives a wedding that extra something. We went with Chris because of his reputation. We were on a budget and we weren't sure if we could afford Chris. When we got his estimate (which included lighting) it was a little more than we wanted to spend but not too much more. Boy are we glad we went with him! He made the wedding banquet room look amazing and he kept the wedding lively throughout the evening. He also recommended another vendor who fit our budget who also worked out great. We know that Chris is not always available for all weddings--according to our other vendors, all of his DJs are excellent--but in our case we feel very fortunate that we had the master running the show. Very professional and reliable! We highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Liz · Married on 12/31/2016

Chris did an amazing job DJ-ing our wedding. He was full of good ideas, but also very focused on making the day exactly what we wanted. He made a concerted effort to pronounce all of the names of our bridal party correctly (something that is often overlooked, but is just so nice when done correctly). And on the day-of, he arrived early, got set-up, and had everything running smoothly in plenty of time. His mics were great, his lights were great, and he did a great job of speaking to the guests when needed, but otherwise letting the music do the work. Perhaps most importantly, he followed our list of songs almost entirely (I think he played 1 or 2 songs that weren't on the list, but he otherwise played all of the music that we asked him to). I would definitely recommend Chris!

Sent on 03/23/2017

Christine · Married on 11/18/2016

Professional, accomodating, knowledgeable and easy to work with! Chris took the time to work with us over email, phone, and in person. Venue staff and guests commented on how the dance floor was full all night! Chris did a great job mixing the songs we chose; there was never a dull moment. Old and young guests were on the dance floor! We appreciated his attention to detail, e.g. song length, pronunciation of names, coordination with our venue and event planner.

Sent on 01/27/2017

Derek · Married on 10/28/2016

Let me start off by saying Chris's services are much more than just a DJ Who shows up for a wedding and hits bottoms. He offers an experience that can't be bought. He knows not only the top best music choices but also how to run and manage a wedding crowd. His equipment is top of the line quality and you can tell. He also does a fantastic job on making you know he is there but also invisible.

He never once made the crowd feel awkward or out of place. He managed to turn the whole dance floor and venue into a giant party. I have nothing but great things to say about him. His price is 100000% worth every penny. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/05/2016

Cynthia · Married on 09/25/2016

Awesome company I recommend them for everyone !!

Sent on 02/28/2018

Maya · Married on 09/03/2016

I recommend Them for everyone Thank You guys !

Sent on 02/19/2018