Chota Falls Estate Reviews

1 User photo

Chota Falls Estate 1

Megan · Getting married on 04/20/2019

Dream Wedding

The people at Chota Falls made sure to bring my dream wedding to life! From the decor to the procession, every detail was perfect! Having the entire property to us the whole weekend made the weekend even more special!

Gracie Mcgarity · Married on 11/10/2018

Magical Venue

Chota Falls was the most beautiful venue for my wedding weekend. The Chota Falls property is the perfect little wedding village getaway tucked in the North Georgia mountains. The staff at Chota was SO very knowledgeable and helpful during the entire planning process and event weekend. Lawanna and Henry were a dream team to work with. Henry Luther, the decor designer at the venue, made my wedding vision come to life. His attention to detail and creative eye was phenomenal. Lawanna Luther handled the logistics, and everything ran so smooth! I would HIGHLY recommend this beautiful venue to any bride!!

• Brooke

Brooke · Married on 10/27/2018

Perfect Forest Fairytale at the Falls

Chota is beautiful! With so many options for the ceremony! For us, it was the waterfall, and the Chapel if it rained. All of the grounds are so lovely. The entire staff is friendly and welcoming. They treat you like family! Henry Luther does floral arrangements that are beyond stunning! He is able to reach inside your head and create not just beauty, but a feeling with the decor. It was a perfect day! Lawanna Luther is the beating heart of Chota. She keeps things moving on the special day and is so detail oriented. If it’s important to you, it’s important to her! She works along side all of the other vendors so seemlessly! And easily helped guide and recommend other vendors to help! Cariad Photography and NMC Entertainment, especially we’re wonderful to hear about! And they are all just such sweet people. The entire staff! The on-site catering is delicious! We could not have been more pleased! Both rehearsal and reception! Our whole weekend at Chota was amazing. Such quality time with family and the best way to enjoy this special time in our lives! You can tell they have experience in the business, because they know what they’re doing! But, it’s more than that. Creating this moment specific to you and your style for memories that last your whole life...they have a gift. And they love it! And you can trust it! I am so thrilled with how everything came out for our day. I felt such peace and calm the entire day. It was the perfect way to celebrate the start to our next chapter in our story. An amazing fairytale escape in the North Georgia Mountians next to a gorgeous waterfall as our friends and family looked on on our promises to each other. I highly recommend Chota Falls Estates! You won’t be disappointed 🥰 You’ll be so thankful! I know I am.

Madison · Married on 06/16/2018

Best service and venue ever!

This wedding venue was dream come true. From the very beginning we were welcomed with open arms. Henry and Lawanna are so amazing at what they do. The flowers, decor, and all around schedule of the day was FLAWLESS. I wish I could give this place 100 stars!

Chota Falls Estate 2

Kaleigh · Married on 03/24/2018

Chota Falls was absolutely amazing! We fell in love with the venue on our very first visit. It felt as though we had our own private resort for the weekend. Henry and Lawanna were very accommodating and listened to every little detail as we planned our special day together. I could not have asked for a more perfect day!

Sent on 04/10/2018

Chota Falls Estate's reply:

Thank you, Kaleigh! It was a perfect day! We wish you and Ryan much joy and happiness for many years to come!

Blessings!
    Henry and Lawanna Luther

P · Married on 11/18/2017

I looked at my daughter in law and said, "I'm trying to think of a way to express how I felt about your wedding". "The only thing I can even think of saying is, it was perfect." Luwana and Henri did an absolute magnificent job on my son and his wife's wedding. Don't go anywhere else. You will have everything done for you and so much insights, experience and direction. You guys are super! The Maxwell House

Jenny · Married on 08/26/2017

If you are looking for a Beautiful Romantic place to get married then, Chota Falls is the place! This is a Fairytale location for a Wedding...
    We had our daughter’s wedding at Cota Falls on August 26th. This was her “Dream Wedding”.
    We were blown away by the overall experience. The venue was exactly what we were looking for in terms of atmosphere, scenery and uniqueness. The waterfall, landscaping and grounds make this a picturesque wedding location. The staff and service is superior! Lawanna was extremely helpful from the beginning stages all way to the “Big Day”. She is AMAZING I am not sure what we would have done without her knowledge and guidance!
    The flowers and overall design for the wedding that Henry created was absolutely PERFECT! He truly captured the vision that my daughter wished-for. He has a true gift for detail and design!
    All the Lodging is extremely nice and spacious. The Chapel is gorgeous whether you use for the ceremony or for pictures. The Bridal Suite and the Honeymoon Suite are first class accommodations.
    We Loved everything about Chota Falls – After all, how many people can say they got married in front of a Beautiful Waterfall?

• User7928918 · 1+ year ago

Chota Falls was truly my dream come true wedding. Everything about this place is magical, beautiful, and a absolute true fairytale. I planned my wedding from out of state & majority of my guests traveled from afar to this destination. They were absolutely amazed by not only this whole place in general, but several positive comments about the decor, very tasty food, & the amazing staff that help run it all. Lawanna & Henry the coordinators at Chota helped make our day absolutely perfect. They went above & beyond in every detail to make the dream come true wedding we hoped for. Even better, they helped make the whole planning process easy & stress free. Henry's talented eye for designing your decor & floral arrangements for our special day was more than I could of imagined. Truly the best in Georgia. This whole place is a hidden gem that will sweep everyone off their feet. Want to go back & relive it all again! Wonderful experience in every way & so grateful for everyone at Chota who helped make it possible!

Bride-
    Katelyn

Crystal · Married on 03/19/2016

We recently got married at Chota Falls, and everything was handled beautifully from beginning to end. My now husband and I were living in Georgia when we decided on Chota, but he got transferred to Michigan for work, and it became a destination wedding for us! Lawanna and Henry were so great. They worked with from a distance, and made me feel like everything would be exactly like I requested, and it was! We had the ceremony in the beautiful chapel, and it was amazing! The reception was so much fun and went exactly as planned. Henry did such a great job on the flowers and decor! Our wedding was everything we wanted and so much more. I didn't have to stress about what was going to happen when. Lawanna and Henry had everything taken care of, and all we had to do was enjoy the moment, and we did! Thank you so much to everyone at Chota Falls for making our wedding such an amazing, wonderful, fun, stress-free experience!!!!

Brittany · Married on 10/17/2015

Looking for the venue that literally has it all? STOP! You've found it! Top reasons you have to have your fairytale wedding at Chota Falls:
    1. The view: Everything about Chota is breathtaking. It feels like another world & you never want to leave. We chose the waterfall venue & it was just beautiful. The reception area is AMAZING. Whether your wedding is tiny or 300 people it feels perfect. They have a bond fire outside at dark that make for great pictures & gives your guest someplace else to gather & even roast marshmallows! A lot of detail & thought has gone into the entire layout of Chota.
    2. The People: Henry & Lawanna are some of the sweetest people, as well as every staff member there. They make you feel like family & will see to it that whatever you want on your day will happen. They're awesome at what they do & always make you feel top priority. Henry did an awesome job with my florals & even made my crazy pumpkin obsession look beautiful. He went out of his was to get my light up pumpkins & use them as centerpieces as I had requested! Lawanna was a great coordinator & made sure everything was smooth as silk. She even helped with a day of dress mishap and helped keep my mom & I calm. She had all the answers! Roxie, Arlene, & Wayne are all superb as well!
    3. The Food: When we did our menu tasting we know we hit the jackpot! It tasted like a 5 star restaurant. They have many options & will work with you any way you need for them to. Appetizers during cocktail hour all my guests loved & the service throughout the reception was meticulous. The sweet potatoes are simply off the chain!!!!
    All in all, I could not imagine having my wedding anywhere else. Chota Falls has something for everyone and my guest couldn't stop talking about how beautiful everything was. I'm still getting compliments 2 weeks later about "THAT place"! Henry & Lawanna completed our wedding night in a way we can't say thank you enough for & I'm so blessed we were brought to Chota Falls!!!

Chenedra · Married on 04/04/2015

Lawanna, Henry, Wayne and the rest of the Chota Falls staff are EXCELLENT! We had a wonderful experience for our wedding weekend and I would definitely recommend Chota Falls to anyone at anytime.

Magical Wedding at Chota Falls!

My daughter was married at Chota Falls on a crisp November day in 2018. The ceremony was outside at the waterfall and the natural beauty of the venue was incredible. Chota managers Henry & Lawanna Luther are a wonderful team, with Henry providing creativity & imagination as the wedding designer/florist, and Lawanna running the business end of things and serving as wedding coordinator. Our wedding was on the larger side for this venue, with around 210+ guests, but everyone was accommodated beautifully. We booked the entire property for the weekend, with family members and the wedding party staying in the "cottages." On Friday night, we had our rehearsal dinner on property, followed by a bonfire party and the wedding and reception were there on Saturday. The convenience of all being together at the location for the entire weekend was fabulous. From the beginning, Henry & Lawanna were consummate professionals. Henry listened closely to our ideas and added his own flair to create both a rehearsal dinner & reception that have been described over & over by those in attendance as "magical". Chota has their own wonderful chef and they provide all staffing for your events. For services not available through Chota, they provide a recommended vendor list (i.e. musicians, cake, shuttle service etc.) which proved very helpful. It is not inexpensive to have a wedding at Chota Falls, but when compared to other similar venues and for the services provided, the end result was well-worth the cost. The nearby town of Clayton is somewhat lacking in nice hotel accommodations, but there are places to stay and for folks that love the outdoors, this is a wonderful area with much to do. The main thing I can say is that the bride and groom were absolutely thrilled with the entire experience and my daughter did have the wedding of her dreams!

Rachel · Married on 07/26/2014

Henry, Lawanna, Wayne, and all of the staff at Chota were so wonderful. Our wedding planning experience was very relaxing with much thanks to Lawanna. They were always a phone call, email, or text message away. They made every effort to make our wedding perfect! Henry did a great job with our flowers and Lawanna was an awesome coordinator! They will definitely go the extra mile for you- I had given up cokes before our wedding and wanted one afterwards, Lawanna sent someone to go get us 2 Cokes after the wedding. Chota is a beautiful venue, the food was delicious and the service was impeccable! If I did it all over again I would still go to Chota Falls!

• Amber

Amber · Married on 09/07/2013

Wow is all I can really say! What a wonderful wedding experience! The staff is AMAZING!!!!!! I can not say enough about the beautiful location...I mean who would not want to get married in front of an absolutely gorgeous waterfall??? I could not have asked for a more perfect day and people to work with. AMAZING!!!

Brides don't miss seeing this venue. Most beautiful and unique venue you will ever find. Great for destination wedding. Facilities amazing. Attention to details impeccable.
    Flowers by Henry were GORGEOUS.
    At times it was difficult to reach by internet prior to wedding but service is not good in mountains for cell phone or internet. Very easy and responsive when we called.
    HIGHLY RECCOMMEND

Much to my surprise, when we scheduled our wedding at Chota Falls, we also got an amazing wedding coordinator with our package! Lawanna Luther guided our wedding party through a seamless rehersal and wedding event! Her calm presided over all of the wedding party, and her patience over the rehersal heckellers!!!!! It seems nobody takes rehersal seriously....until they are about to go down the aisle! Lawanna knew that and took all the joking in stride! She coordinated the bride and groom's wishes with her wedding expertese and the event was a dream!
    Lawanna Luther, could you run my world too!!!! Thanks!

Susan · Married on 09/02/2012

We didn't just have a wedding day, we had a wedding weekend. Chota Falls is a hidden gem in the North Georgia Mountains and there is not a more beautiful venue in the Southeast. We had our daughter's ceremony out by the beautiful falls, but the weather was questionable, there were no concerns though, because our Plan B was a Beautiful European style chapel just down the walkway from the falls. Our plan B was more beautiful than most people's Plan A. The venue has it ALL. A beautiful reception facility, a beautiful chapel and a breathtaking waterfall surrounded by a mountain vineyard. Chota Falls has lodging onsite as well. The wedding party had a blast in the Villa Bella Vista Lodge where they were able to make life long friendships with one another. My husband and I stayed in the beautiful Villa Rosa with our own in suite jacuzzi. The honeymoon suite overlooking the falls is right out of a magazine. I thought we found this venue by chance, but now I am sure there was some Devine intervention going on. Henry and Lawanna Luther, thank you for making our daughter's wedding MAGICAL.

Kelly · Married on 07/28/2012

We had our wedding at Chota Falls and everything was amazing! Everyone that attended had a blast and was commenting on how pretty the venue is. Henry and Lawanna were great to work with. We are so happy we chose Chota Falls for our special day. Thanks Again!

Jinay · Married on 08/23/2008

This place was amazing! The scenery was beautiful! We did the waterfall ceramony so it was very special for us. The staff were great. They were always there whenever you needed them. They go above and beyond to make sure your day is perfect!