Choppa & Son Formal Wear Reviews

37 | Albany, NY

37 Reviews for Choppa & Son Formal Wear

Jacob Yonkers · Married on 07/07/2019

Truly the best

My wife and I found this business after being shown the “selection” for wedding tuxedo rental at the local chain men’s formal wear shop. Boy are we glad we did. I wish I could give more than 5 stars for the professionalism of the business. Not only did the men working there know what they were doing, but they made me feel like I knows what I was doing as well. They really made our special day just that much more special. The selection of suits and tuxes they offered was diverse and I really felt we were able to custom tailor every aspect of the attire so that the wedding party wasn’t wearing just another generic wedding tuxedo. Thanks so much. I will most definitely be giving my business to Choppa & Son again in the future.

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn · Married on 04/27/2019

Thankful! Highly recommend!

We cannot recommend Choppa & Son Formal Wear enough. They were so helpful with our wedding attire needs. They are professionals who clearly know their stuff and what they are doing. We had some late attire changes three days before the wedding day and they were able to accommodate and work with us to help with the changes. Again, we cannot recommend these guys enough to anyone needing formal wear. Thank you!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Choppa & Son Formal Wear's reply:

Thank you very much for your kind words, Caitlyn and Patrick, it was great working with you. Best of luck to you two.

Princess · Married on 03/30/2019

For quality clothing and accessories... check out Choppa & Son Formal Wear!

We absolutely loved Choppa & Son Formal Wear and are so happy to have made the decision to work with them. They were so helpful and professional from the very start of the tux rental process. We ended up getting tuxes for the groom and the groom's party. The rental price was a little higher than others but you get quality clothing and all accessories included. They were also flexible with pick up and return times. Thanks Tony and family!!!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Matthew Shoudy · Married on 09/22/2018

Great Service

A great option for wedding suits. More reasonably priced than some other places and had exactly what we wanted. Easy to work with and very patient in helping to select the perfect look. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Brandon · Married on 08/24/2018

They were great and very easy to work with. The tuxedos looked great!!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Corey · Married on 08/03/2018

Outstanding job on our wedding!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/15/2018

You guys were absolutely amazing! All of our groomsmen looked amazing thank you so much

Sent on 06/20/2018

John · Married on 12/03/2017

My family has used Choppa & Son formal wear for years... Most recently, my wedding this past weekend. This is the most professional tuxedo rental shop in the area. From start to finish they impress.

John Sbardella

Sent on 12/05/2017

Krystal · Married on 09/16/2017

Absolutely great! So patient and flexible with us. I would recommend them for anyone's wedding prom or special event.

Sent on 09/18/2017
  • I

Ian · Married on 09/16/2017

Very easy to deal with, professional and polite. We rented 5 suits for my wedding, every one fit perfect and was ready right on time. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Neal · Married on 09/09/2017

Excellent service, excellent product, couldn't be happier

Sent on 09/12/2017
  • X

Xheni · Married on 08/27/2017

I recommend them go anyone , great customer service

Sent on 08/30/2017

Michael · Married on 08/19/2017

Everyone at Choppa was amazing they were helpful and very easy to deal with I highly recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Kris · Married on 08/18/2017

I had gone to choppa for a tux for a surprise engagement party and they nailed it. Prices were affordable and service was was beyond great. So good in fact that upon returning my tux after the engagement I spoke with the owner himself and told him how great everything was and I was for sure going to see him for my wedding day. Sure enough 1 year later myself, 8 groomsmen, 2 fathers, 2 uncles and 1 grandfather went to choppa and were taken care of without question. All suits and tuxs fit great and looked great. Weddings are tough and stressful and mistakes are definitely made along the way but going to choppa and sons was an easy choice and everything was perfect. I would strongly urge everyone to go to choppa and sons you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Choppa & Son Formal Wear's reply:

Thanks Kris, pleasure working with you and your family.

Emma · Married on 08/05/2017

​My husband and I went to every formalwear shop in the Capital District looking for navy wedding tuxedos. Choppa & Son was by far the best both with price and service. Tony was so helpful explaining the process and pricing, including how it would work for my brother-in-law who lives in Long Island. Every tuxedo fit perfectly and looked perfect!

Sent on 01/25/2018

Seth · Married on 06/24/2017

These guys were great - went above and beyond to make sure my groomsmen and I were taken care of!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Matt · Married on 06/02/2017

Great vendor, staff was personable and attentive, knowledgeable but most of all fun to work with.

Sent on 06/25/2017

R · Married on 04/08/2017

A smaller shop that can provide a true professional and knowledgeable experience. These guys know what they are doing and customer service is top notch. Alternations done in very short time frames if required. I once got fitted by these guys years ago as the best man for an out of town wedding and have never looked anywhere else for formal wear. I had to work with big box store formal wear places in the past for other events and those guys can't do what Choppa considers routine everyday. They know your special day is important and all guys have to look the same. Fantastic as always

Sent on 04/10/2017

J · Married on 01/28/2017

Great service and attention to detail.

Sent on 01/30/2017

COREY · Married on 11/19/2016

They have been great and we have used them multiple times. Never anything but a great experience

Sent on 12/02/2017

Devin · Married on 11/17/2016

Tony was great right from the get go! We were in and out in 15 minutes and picked up the tuxedo next day. Everything fit perfectly and I was comfortable and looked great the whole ceremony. Thanks Choppa And Son! You had my back when I needed it most!

Sent on 12/01/2016
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 10/09/2016

My best advice is to listen to the professionals at Choppa. Our final look differed from what we were envisioning after suggestions by Tony and we looked wonderful on our wedding day. Everyone remarked at how nice the tuxedos looked on everyone.

Sent on 12/16/2016

Dewayne · Married on 10/01/2016

Very professional would highly recommend choppa and son. They make a stressful day less stressful by taking the worry out of you getting the right stuff and it fitting properly. Want to be proper? go to choppa and son, there is no comparison, thats a fact!!!!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Amanda · Married on 08/12/2016

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at Choppa and Sons. They made our wedding substantially less stressful by not having to worry at all about the suits for the men in the wedding. We highly recommend them and will return for any of our formal wear needs.

Sent on 11/24/2016

Josh · Married on 07/08/2016

Go to Choppa and Sons and no where else. I have been in a number of weddings and by far, Choppa's exceeds every other place in the area, including online tax rentals. Their tuxedos seemed brand new, fit perfectly and their service was second to none. I had 13 groomsmen, 2 fathers, and a ring bearer in my wedding. There were no major mistakes in our sizing, and small adjustments were made for the perfect fit in a timely and professional fashion. BY FAR THE BEST TUXEDO I HAVE EVER WORN. SERVICE WAS SECOND TO NONE. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! TONY IS THE BEST

Sent on 11/27/2016