Chocolate Pi Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Chocolate Pi 1
Chocolate Pi 2

Annette · Married on 03/11/2017

Very relaxed, yet extremely efficient and mainly everything that i tasted was delicious!

Dawn · Married on 02/26/2017

We were recently married at the Oxford Exchange, and Kim Yelvington of Chocolate Pi created our most beautiful and delicious wedding cake. She listened to our ideas for the look of the cake and came up with a stunning design that captured our thoughts. We had 3 different layers, and each layer was as delicious as the next. We wish we still had some leftover! We give Chocolate Pi the highest ratings possible.

Karen · Married on 11/11/2016

We selected Chocolate Pi for our wedding in early November. They did a dessert table for us and a small wedding cake. I didn't get to try everything the evening of the wedding, but what I did have was incredibly tasty! Their dessert tables not only look great, but are a crowd pleaser. Many guests raved about the desserts. I highly recommend Chocolate Pi.

Kim is amazing. She is incredibly thoughtful and has amazing skills!

• Cristina

Cristina · Married on 07/29/2016

We had our wedding at the MFA in St. Petersburg. They have a set vendor they use for the wedding cake, and they could not accommodate my gluten intolerance. I scoured the area for a vendor that could make a small cake that was gluten free. Kim was awesome and said she would love to make a gluten free cake for our special day! They had some delicious flavors on their website, and I requested to sample three of them. Let me tell you, those samples were huge! They were mini cakes, and she even threw in some chocolate macarons. I ordered my cake right away and sent her photos of my vision. The cake was gorgeous, and I legit cried when I saw it. Hands down the most delicious, spongy gluten free cake I've ever tasted! Her shop is so cute too! If I still lived in the area, I would visit every weekend! Thank you Kim for the beautiful and delicious cake!

Ashley · Married on 03/19/2016

We worked with Chocolate Pi for our wedding cake and dessert bar and what a treat they were! My husband didn't want the big, traditional wedding cake so we opted for a small two tier cake for the cake cutting and to freeze for our one year anniversary and then offered an assortment of desserts for our guests. Everything was delicious! We had macaroons, mini cupcakes, cheesecakes, chocolate pies, oatmeal creams pies, dessert shots, etc. Not only was everything delicious, but it was absolutely beautiful! The dessert bar became part of the decor and fit our vision perfectly! We can't wait for our anniversary to eat the rest of our cake!

Joan · Married on 12/05/2015

Chocolate Pi did our wedding cake as well as accommodated our last minute decision to do wedding favors. Kim and team did an amazing job. She had us hooked at the tasting and afterwards, no other vendor even came close. Highly recommend Chocolate Pi for your wedding cake/favors as well as any every day desserts.

Kathy · Married on 11/13/2015

Let them eat cake!! We hired Chocolate Pi for our daughter's wedding and the result was outstanding! Kim is very creative and easy to work with. Our daughter opted for a tower of four flavors of cupcakes with a small cake on top, and four flavors of macarons. The groom requested petit fours and everything was picture perfect! The colors were perfect and most important of all, everything was delicious!! Kim knows what she is doing and her professionalism really showed. She actually kept me calm when the venue had tables in the wrong places. She assured me that it would look beautiful and she was right! (Thank you for that!!) I would highly recommend Chocolate Pi for any of your dessert needs.

Kimberly · Married on 10/10/2015

Chocolate Pi is the best bakery in town! We used Chocolate Pi for the bridal shower, Rehearsal dinner, and wedding. We are huge fans! We had the most beautiful wedding cake and received many compliments about how spectacular it looked and how delicious it tasted! Kim is a pleasure to work with! She spent a lot of time with me and my husband coming up with a design based on my vision and theme of the wedding. She was able to perfectly create a cake that exceeded what I had pictured to be my wedding cake! She also made an effort to get to know the two of us as well. It did not feel like another vendor contract being checked off. The tasting meeting was amazing. We frequently stop by her shop (about once a week) and had tasted many of her cake flavors, and we were able to taste ones that are not regularly out at shop while we had our tasting. I have never had a better tasting cake than Kim's.

We also used her for my bridal shower macarons which taste just like the ones you find in the shops in Paris. I have never had macarons like this in the states. She also created cakes in the shapes of our two dogs for the rehearsal dinner. They were adorable as well as delicious!!! They were almost too cute to eat!

Since our wedding a few weeks ago, we have stopped in a couple times to taste more delicious treats, and I love that we can always stop by and have a slice of "our" wedding cake to make any day special!

• Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 08/01/2015

THREE WORDS: SWEETEST CULINARY EXPERIENCE!!!!!! Let me start by saying that I LOVE CHOCOLATE PI!!!! So unique and different!!! Kim (THE SWEETEST AND MOST RELAXED WOMAN EVER LOVE HER ;_0) and her team provided the most amazing and delectable dessert table for our wedding!!! Everything was incredibly beautiful and delicious too!!! Super professional and right on schedule Chocolate Pi provided the most amazing set up!!!!! CHAMPAGNE CELEBRATION!!!! I am so happy Kim has a location that is open 7 days a week and we can always stop by and get our wedding treats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIFFERENT, DELICIOUS, BEAUTIFUL SIMPLY PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding cake is admittedly what I get most excited over at weddings. Obviously TASTE was just as important as appearance to me. Their raspberry cake was the MOST delicious cake i've ever had, fresh tasting with fresh raspberries. AND it was extremely beautiful. I sent a photo, and they recreated it even more beautifully. Plus they set out beautiful cake stands and towers of macaroons (my favorite), which were arguably just as delicious as the cake. Who wants pretty, fake tasting wedding cake? Can't recommend this company more if you're a fellow wedding cake lover.

Liz · Married on 01/17/2015

Best. Cake. Ever. Seriously, my wedding cake was one of the most delicious I've ever tasted, and it was insanely beautiful. I felt bad eating it, until I tasted it. Then I couldn't stop. My guests still haven't stopped raving about it.

Janice · Married on 01/01/2015

Cake is easily one of my favorite foods, so I wanted my wedding cake to be incredible. Kim is a truly talented baker; she listens so well to her clients and is able to transform your inspiration into a complete look. We had 7 small cakes for the reception and they all looked and tasted amazing!!

Sarah · Married on 04/19/2014

Delicious !
    I have worked with Kim professionally for a few years now and when it came to my wedding, there was no other choice. When I first met with her, I decided to let her have complete creative freedom with my cake and she delivered... along with making an impressive grooms cake. Her flavors are delicious, different and she offers amazing mini desserts as well. No other bakery in town that compares.

• User3190177 · 2+ years ago

Great designs, sweet and caring owner, on time and just plain wonderful. Soooo yummy too!

Heather · Married on 10/19/2013

Kim at Chocolate Pi made the most beautiful and delicious cake I ever have ever tasted. Her prices are extremely reasonable too, especially considering her talent. The one thing we have heard over and over from guests at our reception is how wonderful our wedding cake was. Thank you for making the exact cake I envisioned, I could not be happier!

Nolan · Married on 10/12/2013

The absolutely best tasting and most beautiful cake I have ever encountered. It was a pleasure working with Kim and I could not have asked for a more perfect product! We will be using Chocolate Pi's services again for anything we can think of that requires a cake!

Teshia · Married on 10/05/2013

Wonderful! The final product looked exactly like the photo I had given to them. Not only was it beautiful but it tasted amazing - just ask the groom - It was all over his face at one point haha. We are still eating cake... 5 days later (don't judge!) :0

We absolutely LOVED working with Chocolate Pi. Kim is amazing at designing beautiful cakes - we told her our ideas and she came up with some great ones as well and then we watched as she sketched out a plan. It was more than I ever could have imagined for a wedding cake! Very different and very unique. She even made the design match the pattern on our invitations! What's even more is that the cakes don't just look beautiful - they taste INCREDIBLE!!!! We had a small decorative cake for cutting - ours was Strawberry Champagne flavored - soooo good!!! And then we served tiramisu to all of our guests. We also did a cake pull with the decorative cake - it's a southern tradition where the bridesmaids pull ribbons from the cake with little charms on the end that have been placed in between the layers of the cake - each charm means something special. We dropped off all of the charms to Kim the week of the wedding and she took care of the rest! We got so many compliments on our cake and we were just thrilled with it! Chocolate Pi is hands down the best cake I've ever had at a wedding and each one they make is so unique and special!

Paola · Married on 03/30/2013

What can we say, Kim is SO talented and our wedding cake and cookies were just UNBELIEVABLE!! Everyone LOVED the cake and the cookie bar, they were such a huge success and absolutely delicious! Kim accommodated my requests, we had several changes to the original design and without question she was happy to accommodate every request. We live 2 hours away from Tampa so Kim and Jade always tried to give us appointments during the weekends which are their busy days just to work around our busy schedules. Every cake we tried was delicious!! So hard to choose one flavor. If you're looking for the person to make the cake of your dreams, look no more, Chocolate Pi will exceed your expectations and you will be amazed by Kim's creativity and artistic skills. Also, as a science teacher (and my husband is an engineer) we LOVED the name of the company too! Thank you for everything KIM!

Tara · Married on 02/09/2013

OMg our cake was absolutely spectacular. It was beautiful and delicious. I am not the biggest fan of sweets but during our tastings I wanted to eat every bite put in front of me. Kim is a genius. Her flavors are so cohesive and well thought out. We decided to go with the Exotica, the Chocolate PB and the Pear for our cake. All of our guests raved about the cake and i know of many who went back for seconds. Lets just say that there is no top layer left. We'll just have to call next year to get another yummy cake! I promise this will be one of the best decisions you'll make!

Brittany · Married on 12/28/2012

I shopped around and had meetings with several different Cake Companies and I knew after our very first meeting, Kim, at Chocolate Pi would be baking our cake! All I can say is WOW!! From the tastes to the tiny details it was ALL exactly the way we planned out, it was better than I was expecting. Chocolate Pi totally went above and beyond on our cake!! I could not have been more pleased!

Jackie · Married on 12/08/2012

Chocolate Pi is fabulous! Kim designed the most beautiful cake for our wedding with five different layers with an intricate design on each of the layers. She is very good at understanding what you want design-wise and, probably more important for your guests, the cake tastes awesome! We had three flavors vanilla bean, chocolate praline crunch and coconut. Everyone raved about how good the cake was. In addition she went above and beyond and make a family recipe of ours for the groom's cake which was fantastic! I can't wait until our year anniversary so I can have a piece of the cake!

Allison · Married on 01/21/2012

We did both a groom cake and wedding cake through Chocolate Pi and they were absolutely perfect. Every time we would go for a cake tasting and even on the wedding day the cake was always consistently delicious and perfect. Not only was the flavor the best, but the designs and execution were out of this world. She made us a bulldog grooms cake and it looked exactly like our dog. The cakes really wow-ed all of our guests!

• Q

Quinn · Married on 10/01/2011

Words cannot describe the amazing job that Kim and Jade did with both our wedding cake and our groom's cake. When we first met with them, we instantly loved their positive energy and great ideas for the cake. I decided a little bit after we decided to use them for our wedding cake that I wanted to do a groom's cake for my husband and I was absolutely blown away. My husband is a huge LOST fan (tv show) and I knew I wanted something a little different, not just a big LOST logo. The end result was beyond amazing. If I could upload pictures I would in a heartbeat! I did not know exactly what I had in mind but let Kim and Jade know my husband's favorite episodes. They took the idea and ran with it and the end result was so creative and detailed that we were just is disbelief.

Enough about the great looking the cakes - the flavors are AWESOME! We decided on the "Champagne Celebration" for our bottom layer (champagne scented cake, strawberries, and mimosa cream), the second layer was a vanilla cake with amazing chocolate ganache, and the top was a special request - pumpkin made with fresh pumpkin! All were fantastic. We received so many compliments.

This team is extremely attentive, detail oriented, and creative. I hear they make great french macaroons as well! We will definitely use them again for any cake needs.