Chives Innovative Catering Reviews

37 | Saint Petersburg, FL

37 Reviews for Chives Innovative Catering

Danielle · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing experience, highly teccomended

Chef Ken is the best ever. Quality of food, staff, presentation, all the best ever. Above and beyond expectations

Sent on 01/03/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 12/02/2017

The best caterer in the Tampa Bay area!

Our wedding planner recommended Chives, and said there was no point in looking elsewhere. They were so right! Our 200+ guests all raved about the food at our wedding. Ken set up little taco, skewers, paella, pasta, dessert (I highly recommend the cupcakes!!!), and beverage stations across the property, and made sure there was plenty for everyone. He even wrapped up all the leftovers and left them in the fridge for us, which the hungover wedding party much appreciated. His staff was extremely professional -- one of them even smooth-talked our way out of a noise complaint the police were responding to, without me ever knowing about it. He and his team went above and beyond. I would highly recommend Chives for any event you may be planning. Thank you Ken for helping make our wedding extra magical.

Sent on 12/30/2018

Ken is AMAZING! I cant say enough good things about this company. We had our wedding of 150 people 3 weeks ago and people can't stop talking about how delicious the food was- both the appetizers and entrees! We did a unique take on BBQ for our wedding because we are fairly laid back people, and Ken and his team delivered above and beyond. Our guests went back for 2nds and even 3rds. We also used his team to staff our bar, and they did incredible with that. Would highly, highly recommend Chives to anyone planning an event!

Sent on 03/02/2017

Tara · Married on 01/21/2017

Very easy and friendly to work with. He knows how to make it easy on everyone and thinks of everything. Also the food was absolutely delicious!

Sent on 02/16/2017

Theresa · Married on 12/31/2015

Ken was incredible to work with! He was accommodating to our schedules during the tasting process, bringing everything to our home for us to sample. The food was DELICIOUS and he was a pleasure to work with! Leading up to the event, Ken was super helpful and worked directly with the venue to take the pressure off of us. I truly cannot say enough wonderful things about working with him...my guests loved the food and I loved the entire experience.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Arielle · Married on 12/05/2015

We used this company for our wedding and we loved everything!!! Ken was fantastic to work with and so flexible with everything. The food was delicious, highly recommend going with him!

Sent on 12/25/2015

Drew · Married on 07/04/2015

Ken is AMAZING. And my wife and I are PICKY. Then , of our 135 guests we had at least 40 go out of their way to say best food ever. Wow, he really delivered in every area, from food, to service, to ideas, to planning and follow up. On a 1-10 he was an 11. I suggest you book him now while you can. Ken listened to what are needs were and delivered WORLD-CLASS food at a fair price. if my review is too nice, call me and I'll gladly talk to you. Drew cell 404-456-0900.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Nicole · Married on 05/03/2014

I wish I could eat Ken's food everyday! We chose to do a "stations" concept at our outdoor beach wedding. The stations worked out perfectly, and there was SO MUCH food! The quality and service your receive for the price is second to none. Most of the other catering quotes were double what we paid, and didn't include the quality of food we were looking for! Everyone raved about the food and how it was so different from "typical" wedding food, we are still getting comments from the guests about the chimichurri steak! We had some guests the wedding who have celiac disease, so they could not have gluten. Ken could not have been more accommodating and innovative with helping us to create a menu that had numerous gluten free options that pleased all of our guests. LOVE Chives catering and highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/30/2014

We could not have been more impressed with the catering and staff! Ken and his team were beyond AMAZING!! Thank you for working with us to make everything come through!!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Courtney · Married on 10/25/2013

When we first began planning our destination wedding, we knew it would be small and originally planned on just having some finger foods for our guests. Once planning got into full swing and we had a beautiful venue, with beautiful décor, and all of the bells and whistles, we knew we needed good food. Chives Catering was recommended to us by our event planner and we trusted her completely. We choose appetizers and a buffet meal, and it was AMAZING. Our guests loved their meals, and besides a little asparagus, there wasn't a thing to take home. They provided a bartender to better help serve our guests and their servers were professional, helpful and wonderful in everyway.
    We are so happy that we chose Chives and 100 % recommend them to any couple who are in the planning stages :)

Sent on 11/04/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2013

Chef Ken is one of a kind. He cares. Every question I had was returned with an answer. If I wanted something unique and special, he did it without hesitation. He came to our home for a tasting and prepared a feast for us and our parents. We had all heavy hors d'oeuvres, mostly passed, throughout our reception. The food was amazing. Ken is amazing. He is beyond experienced and you would be lucky to have him be your caterer.

Sent on 11/05/2013
  • Bailey · Married on 02/23/2013

The Chive catering team was amazing! They exceeded my expectations in every way and more and really made our evening. My biggest complaint about most weddings is that the food is just okay and that is something that I really wanted people to remember at my wedding and they defiantly did. We had a variety of food that everyone could find something to eat and it was excellent and everyone went back for seconds and even thirds. The service was incredible - I my line of work I am use to running the events so it was hard for me to step back and every time I thought of something to be done the staff was always one or two steps ahead of me and had it done and were just very pleasant to deal with. I would highly recommend Chives Catering and will be using them in the future.

Sent on 03/20/2013

I had a destination wedding on the beach and so I was planning everything from out of town and Ken with Chives Catering was great to deal with. We were able to do almost everything over the phone and email and it worked great. He really listened to exactly what we were looking for and put together a custom menu. They worked with my budget and I couldn't have been happier of how it turned out. Food was one thing that was really important to me when planning my wedding because that is one of the things that everyone remembers. The food was amazing and everyone was ranting and raving about it. On top of the food be amazing their staff was out of this world! They were so attentive to all of my guests and to myself and really made sure that I was having a good time and wasn’t worry about anything. I didn’t have to worry about anything, they had everything covered. I would recommend Chives Catering time and time again. They just really went above and beyond in every aspect.

Sent on 02/19/2014

Barbara · Married on 12/21/2012

Oh My!!! Ken Jurgensen is an incredible chef! The food for over 100 people at our outdoor wedding was cooked fresh in my kitchen and even homemade breads! From shrimp to pork to gourmet pizzas...it cannot be topped! This man is so very special...a good person and excellent to deal with. He even got us really awesome bartenders at the last moment for a very reasonalbe price...and all of the guests loved them! Thank you Ken...for making our daughter Lucy's wedding so special!

Sent on 01/13/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/27/2012

They were great! The food was amazing and they got me exactly what I wanted for a great price :)

Sent on 03/14/2013

Lourdes · Married on 09/30/2011

Food for a simple beach wedding can be tricky, but Chives Innovative Catering provided a menu that was absolutely perfect...simple, but still elegant! All our guests were raving about the food!

Sent on 10/04/2011

Krisitn · Married on 02/13/2011

Ken was great! He made a menu geared to exactly what we wanted. He came to our home to do the tasting. He was very accommodating to me being a vegetarian and came up with some excellent menu items for me. All the guests were wowed by the food and had nothing but great things to say about it. I will definitely be calling Ken in the future for other events. His food is fantastic and the cost is even better! We were definitely impressed with Chives Catering.

Sent on 02/15/2011

Susan · Married on 11/06/2010

Ken Jergensen owner of "Chives Innovative Catering" provided a creative, varied and delicious menu for my daughter and son-in-law's wedding. He listened carefully to their vision and menu ideas. Guests enjoyed everything on the menu but especially raved about the hors d'ouvres and sushi. My wedding coordinator described Ken and his staff as a professional and fine tuned machine. I would highly recommend "Chives" for any catering needs.

Sent on 11/13/2010

Amy · Married on 10/23/2010

My Husband and I were married on October 23rd 2010, and we planned our entire wedding from out of town. Finding Ken from Chives was the best thing that happened to us in our planning process! We made 1 trip to FL to meet with vendors and after having "tastings" with a few of the large catering companies we knew we were going to go with Chives after 2 bites of Ken's food. It was such a pleasure working with Ken. Every question was answered immediately, he has so many wonderful and innovative ideas and his food is simply amazing! Our guests talked about it ALL NIGHT!! I am still hearing about the food and couldn't be happier with the experience. I can't wait to come back down and have Ken cook for my family again. Thanks Ken! Amy and Pat T

Sent on 11/03/2010

Heidi · Married on 09/25/2010

Chives recently catered my wedding on 5/1/2010 in Valrico. We decided to use Chives Catering within 5 minutes of first meeting Ken. He was very open to our ideas and the types of food we wanted. He was extremely helpful in suggesting a menu that he felt would work best, while incorporating all our ideas. Ken is very flexible, laid back and easy to deal with . We received many compliments on how amazing the food was. The food tables looked great and his staff worked very hard and did a great job. I highly recommend Chives for great tasting food, good value and stress free planning. Thanks Ken!! Heidi

Sent on 05/19/2010

Jennifer · Married on 05/11/2010

We had a small destination wedding, so all of our planning was done through emails and a few phone conversations. I gave Ken my general ideas and he ran with it. I was absolutely amazed at how everything turned out. The presentation was fabulous and the food was even better. We had several small kids and the party was a little chaotic and off schedule at moments, but all of the catering staff rolled with the punches with constant smiles on their faces. During the planning stages I was unsure of what we were going to get, because I was planning it all from so far away and couldn't actually try anything out before hand. Even if I could have I would have still picked Chives. I cannot say enough good things about the food and the overall service they provided that day. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 05/25/2010
  • F

Mariah · Married on 05/08/2010

I had such an incredible experience working with Chives Catering. The food was amazing and it was an exceptional value. We were able to create our own menu, and were not boxed in to a specific list of food items that we could pick from. Guests made comments throughout the wedding of how fantastic the food was. Chives' staff was very helpful and was able to set-up and break down the room without any problems. I would not hesitate to use them again. I was very impressed!

Sent on 05/19/2010

Stacy · Married on 11/07/2009

I cannot say enough great things about Ken and his team at Chives Catering, and neither can my guests! My wedding was absolutely amazing and I am still getting raves about the food, it's presentation, the staff, etc. And that was just what they saw! Through the whole planning process Ken was amazing and things always felt right. There were never too many questions I could ask and he was so helpful, creative, and flexible. This company is truly an exceptional one, and that is all without even considering the value! So many caterers are big and you have to fit into their plans or menus. Ken will work with you and get what YOU want for your wedding day. And he goes even beyond taking care of the food; he provided so much (including linens, place settings, a cake stand, etc.) and stayed after and cleaned (not just the kitchen) so my mom could go home! Basically if you want GREAT food and a caterer who is concerned with YOU, then look no further than Chives!

Sent on 04/22/2010

Lynne · Married on 10/11/2008

Ken - Once again I wanted to thank you and your team for the magnificent job you all did for our wedding. Everything you prepared was phenomenal! Thank you! It was absolutely everything I could have ever imagined and the food that you prepared was a big piece of our special day. We are looking forward to working with you again. Regards, Lynne & Mike

Sent on 03/17/2009

Delene · Married on 09/20/2008

Chives was very accomodating to my needs. Mr. Jurgensen gave us wonderful suggestions without being pushy. He had fantastic ideas and let us create the wedding we always dreamed of having. The food was exceptional! Mr. Jurgensen provided the flowers and tents. The display was breathtaking. I can't tell you how many people called us to rave about the delicious food Chives provided us with. Mr. Jurgensen was very professional yet friendly and easy to talk with. Having so much on our minds during the planning of our wedding this was one thing (and a very big part of the day) that we felt would go smoothly. I can't say enough about Chives Catering.

Sent on 03/17/2009