Chickadee Hill Cakes Reviews

Chickadee Hill Cakes 7
  • alyssa

alyssa · Getting married on 09/14/2019

Amazing meeting

Shara was so sweet and knew her stuff

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 10/12/2018

Delicious wedding cake!

Chickadee Hill Cakes did such an amazing job with our cake. We really had no idea what we wanted for design or even flavor but Shara was able to help us come up with a beautiful cake at the tasting. The entire process was a breeze, and they were very responsive. Everyone LOVED the cake. We also added gluten free cupcakes as the wedding got closer, and they tasted amazing. I cannot wait to order another cake from Chickadee Hill. Definitely recommended!!

Sent on 11/17/2018
  • Tayla

Tayla Marifiote · Married on 09/29/2018

Simple, classy & elegant

Chickadee Hill Cakes did an amazing job with our 4-tier cake! My mom, husband and I went to the cake tasting and met with Shara. I showed her what I was looking look wise, and she drew it up for me within minutes… and it was well within budget! We had three different flavors - butter vanilla berries & cream, pumpkin chai caramel and fudge cookies & cream - all beyond delicious. We got so many compliments on the cake the night of the wedding and the days/weeks that followed! I would highly recommend Chickadee Hill Cakes!

Sent on 01/17/2019
    Chickadee Hill Cakes 8
  • Jenaleigh

Jenaleigh · Married on 09/22/2018

Yummy Cake

Shara was amazing to work with for our wedding! Our cake was classy & elegant... just like we had envisioned it. The cake was delicious, but one of our layers (our chocolate PB) was a little dry. However, all in all, we had a great experience and were pleased with the finished product!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Megan · Married on 09/07/2018

Chickadee Hill Cakes made such a beautiful cake for our wedding.
    It tasted wonderful- we chose a Banana Cake with Ganache and one tier that was Vanilla with Fresh Berries. The cake was beautiful, just as they had drawn out for us. It was amazing!

Sent on 09/25/2018
    Chickadee Hill Cakes 9

Katherine · Married on 08/25/2018

Sean and Katie 10/13/2018

We met Chickadee Hill at a Wedding Expo in Dover, NH in the fall of 2017. We had done some caking tasting at other bakeries and were almost ready to sign a contract with someone else when we tasted Chickadee Hill’s cake. The cake was like nothing we had ever tasted before. It was a different type of cake and one that screamed wedding. We set a date for a tasting and decided that they were the ones for us. I showed them my inspiration for the wedding cake and they went right work. The end result on my wedding night was exactly what I had envisioned and the cake tasted awesome. I got 4 different flavors and all guests enjoyed the cake. If your looking for a bakery that is a cut above the rest you need to call Chickadee Hill.

Sent on 10/25/2018
    Chickadee Hill Cakes 10
  • Melanie

Melanie Metropolis · Married on 08/09/2018

Perfection!

We recently used Chickadee Hill Cakes for our wedding cake as they were a preferred vendor at our venue. When we went to the tasting we were greeted with 10 different flavors of cakes from which we could choose 3. We went with banana/chocolate ganache, vanilla/berries and apple spice. Each flavor was better than the next (and I am not usually a cake person). Part way through planning I wanted to surprise the groom with a 'grooms cake' at the rehearsal. I reached out requesting a chess themed cake and let Chickadee create their masterpiece. Both cakes were absolutely beautiful on the inside and out. They were very responsive to all emails/requests and we could not be happier. I would happily use them again for any function that I may have in the future!

Sent on 08/20/2019
    Chickadee Hill Cakes 11
    Chickadee Hill Cakes 12

Kerry · Married on 05/25/2018

My husband and I loved our galaxy wedding cake from Chickadee Hill. We didn’t feel like cake tasting at numerous places, and after our tasting at Chickadee we felt that we didn’t need to compare! The flavors we tried at Chickadee were all delicious. Chickadee Hill made us feel confident they could execute the design of the cake we had in mind and it came out absolutely perfect. We also added some cake pops as an additional dessert and those were a hit at the wedding. The cake was a beautiful focal point and paired perfectly with our décor.

Sent on 06/20/2018
    Chickadee Hill Cakes 13

Chickadee Hill Cakes's reply:

You guys were a joy to work with! Thanks for bringing us such a fun theme to work with. Congrats and best wishes!

Candice · Married on 10/20/2017

Chickadee bakery was amazing. Our wedding cake was so delicious and tasty. They use real buttercream on the outside of their cakes instead of fondant. I love when bakeries do that. It shows high quality.

Candice Jackman

Sent on 11/09/2017
    Chickadee Hill Cakes 14

Alexandra · Married on 08/27/2017

Chickadee Hill bakes some delicious cupcakes! My husband and I knew we had to hire them for our wedding when we tasted their samples at the Flag Hill Winery Bridal Expo. My husband, who is not a big "sweets" guy, kept sneaking back to the table to get more samples... it was borderline embarrassing, but I guess you could say it was "love at first bite." Our cake tasting was delicious and efficient, as well. On the big day, everything was exactly as we discussed and the cupcakes were a big hit with our guests! Thanks Chickadee Hill for helping make our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Gina · Married on 06/16/2017

So Chickadee Hill Cakes might be the most AMAZING cake bakers. From the second we walked in for our cake tasting we knew we were going to be working with Chickadee Hills Cakes. We had them create a custom Jack/Sally sugar work and a freaking FISK. A FISK FROM UNDERTALE...if you don’t know the game that is so fine but the girl that made one did a FABULOUS job!!! Their sugar work and cake was INCREDIBLE. I can’t get over how hyperrealistic everything looked and how lovely the cake tasted. The 3 tiers were incredible and the responsiveness from the team was amazing.

If you need a cake call Chickadee Hill Cakes, they will blow you away with their professionalism, and expertise.

OH did I mention they created the cutest cake for my brother for his birthday? Not their normal area but I got a custom one made for him at the most reasonable price.

Love Chickadee Hill!

Sincerely,

Gina Crane (An elated Chickadee Hill Bride!)

Sent on 06/23/2017

Kayla · Married on 06/03/2017

Chickadee Hill exceeded my expectations. Our cake was so pretty, and the vision of my cake came to life when we had our cake tasting. I can't thank Chickadee Hill enough for the beautiful and tasty cake. I cannot wait until my 1 year anniversary to eat my topper. The top was made of the lemon blueberry, and oh my god it is to die for! The team was very responsive to my questions, the delivery was flawless and they even placed my custom made cake topper onto my cake when they delivered it. I would recommend Chickadee Hill to anyone!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Ashley · Married on 06/02/2017

Our wedding cake from Chickadee Hill Cakes was absolutely perfect. I showed them a picture of the cake I wanted on my cake tasting appointment and they were able to bring it to life! With a swatch of my wedding colors they matched everything to my colors. My cake was delivered on time and set up beautifully at the venue. The cake was delicious and all the guests were asking about the wonderful flavors that were in the cake. My husband and I did not get a top tier to save for our anniversary, and now we are hoping we can order something small to enjoy next year, since we could not get enough of the cake! Thank you for making our wedding cake everything we dreamed it would be!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Jenny · Married on 05/06/2017

They make great cakes! My husband and I went in there expecting to have one type of cake. But after the cake tasting that we had with them, we were blown away! There really wasn't a bad choice! Our wedding cake was designed to fit our theme, and they knocked it out of the park! It tasted fantastic too which is even a bigger deal!

Sent on 05/20/2017

Shannon · Married on 11/11/2016

Chickadee made the perfect cake that matched our wedding them exactly! The cake was so beautiful! Working with the team at the bakery was seamless – they listened to all of our ideas and the cake came out perfect. The flavors that we had were so delicious – we had an apple spice flavor and a chocolate layer (for the groom!). The apple spice was perfect for our November wedding and felt like the perfect autumn day with real apples inside! The chocolate was just chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream but it was so flavorful. We only had a couple of bites during our ceremony but took some slices with us on our honeymoon. The cake was extremely moist for four days after the wedding! I’ve never had wedding cake that is so moist – usually wedding cake is dry and not very good. This cake was the best ever. I already told my family that when we are having a baby shower, I want them to get the cake from here!

Sent on 12/23/2016
  • F

Fran · Married on 11/05/2016

So very happy with Chickadee Hill Cakes. They were recommended by the Black Swan Country Club and we were thrilled with them. The cake was delicious and beautiful! I was surprised that a venue in Georgetown MA would be recommending someplace in Sandown, NH. Worth the drive to check them out!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Kelsy · Married on 10/01/2016

Our cake was beautiful and delicious. They have a wonderful variety of flavors to choose from and the cake was very elegant. I would highly recommend Chickadee Hill Cakes.

Sent on 10/16/2016

sally · Married on 09/09/2016

The wedding cake was elegant and delicious!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Bridget · Married on 07/03/2016

Our cake from Chickadee Hill was gorgeous and delicious! We tasted their cake at a bridal show and instantly fell in love. Then after being bummed when I realized they weren't a vendor for the wedding package at my venue, I told the owner at the show and he said "actually, we just became a vendor there after one of their previous cake makers retired!" So I booked them the next day!

We went into their cute little shop in Sandown for a private tasting and design meeting. We tasted about 15 different kinds of cake and then were shown examples of past cakes to help us get ideas for what we wanted. After giving her a basic idea of what we wanted, she drew up a design and showed us the exact ribbon she would use.

I used silk flowers for the wedding and originally had told them I would gather up some extras after the bouquets and centerpieces were done and would mail them to be used on the cake. A couple weeks before the wedding I changed my mind since none of the leftovers really went together and asked them to just use fresh flowers, which they were happy to use. They asked if I wanted a specific type of flower and I didn't have a preference so they came up with some on their own that ended up being perfect.

We did a three tier cake with two different flavors. The bottom tier was the butter vanilla cake with fresh berries and cream filling and vanilla buttercream. The top "anniversary" tier was this flavor, too (we didn't freeze - we ate it throughout the following week because it was too delicious to resist!). Then to shake it up a bit we did the middle tier as the apple spice cake with macintosh apple filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. It was the perfect mix between classic wedding and delicious, fresh flavors.

They were extremely easy to work with and it took pretty much no effort on my end - they worked directly with the venue for head count and delivery.

Sent on 07/10/2016

Danielle · Married on 06/24/2016

We had a choice between a couple of wonderful bakeries, but Chickadee Hill ultimately won us over. They did a marvelous job of creating a beautiful cake, while still working with us to make sure we stayed within budget. The result was a simple, elegant cake that still retained the color and theme we picked for our wedding! They worked seamlessly with both our venue and our florist, with little to no work on our end.

Most importantly, the cake was just really, really good! They have a variety of flavors outside the norm-- no getting stuck with just vanilla and chocolate. We had a (fantastic) white cake with fruit filling, a tiramisu layer, and even a spice cake. We didn't know we wanted that kind of thing until we tried it and saw how good it could be!

I would not hesitate to recommend Chickadee Hill Cakes to anyone. We're already looking forward to our anniversary cake waiting in our freezer.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Our consultation was amazing! We would definitely recommend their services!

Sent on 04/04/2016

Katy · Married on 05/14/2016

Our cake was even better at the wedding than I remembered from the tasting. And we cannot thank Chickadee Hill Cakes enough for their flexibility and helpfulness with make a special wedding surprise happen for us. My fiance and I found out we were pregnant, and decided to turn our wedding cake into a gender reveal!! We mailed them a sealed envelope with the gender results (my husband and I did not find out beforehand either), and they took care of everything else!! So beyond the wedding cake being beautiful and delicious, they went out of their way to give us that extra special moment on our wedding day.

Sent on 07/07/2016

Krista · Married on 03/19/2016

We were so please with our wedding cake. They took the photo that I provided them and recreated that cake perfectly! Everyone raved about the banana chocolate cake!

Sent on 03/08/2017

jillian · Married on 11/06/2015

I couldn't have been more pleased with how wonderful Chickadee Hill Cakes was!!

From my taste testing to any questions I had a long the way!!

My cake was so gorgeous & I still keep hearing how delicious it was!
    Some of my guests said they even had additional slices!

It was everything I wanted & at first some of my guests thought the cake wasn't real because it look just so picture perfect! We were all amazed at the talent that Chickadee Hill Cakes has!

Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Angela · Married on 10/17/2015

Cake tasting at Chickadee Hill Cakes was our favorite day in the wedding planning process. Then, on our wedding day, the cake was beautiful! It was exactly like the sketch we came up with at the tasting. We chose a different flavor for each layer and it was all so yummy! We opted to get a top layer to save and eat on our one-year anniversary, but it was so good that we ended up eating it on our honeymoon! We highly recommend Chickadee Hill Cakes.

Sent on 10/27/2015