Chicago Wedding Djs Reviews

18 | Chicago, IL

18 Reviews for Chicago Wedding Djs

18 Chicago Wedding Djs Reviews

Jamison · Married on 01/28/2017

You don't need advice from me--just book with them. WE LOVED PETER!

Peter was AMAZING--words cannot even express how MUCH we loved him!!! He was so professional and SO thorough. He kept me (the bride) on the dance floor the entire night and there wasn't a single moment when the dance floor was empty. He knew what songs to play and when as well as when to cut a song if it wasn't working. He graciously worked with my three brothers who contacted him because they had a surprise video they wanted to show during dinner. He was so flexible (even as things didn't run at the right time during the night) and he was punctual. Our family and friends have been RAVING about Peter ever since the wedding! We are just SO thankful and iMPRESSED.

Sent on 02/07/2017

Chicago Wedding Djs's reply:

Jamison, you and Alexina have the greatest spirit! It comes through in your kind words. The mix was awesome that night, and you guys (especially Alexina) danced ALL NIGHT LONG! Look forward to seeing you again sometime soon. Love ya!

Demi · Married on 08/13/2016

Peter is the best! He made our reception fun and unforgettable. He is super nice, really pleasant to work with. He was very helpful and thorough during the planning calls. We had a blast at the reception despite that our first dance was a little behind schedule and we were under some time pressure. Peter was on top of all the details and we really liked everything he did and couldn't have asked for a better experience. We also really liked the human tunnel exit and how he got everyone moving on the floor. I already recommended Peter to some of my engaged friends and will recommend to more friends in the future. Hopefully we will have some other opportunity to work with Peter again in the future!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Chicago Wedding Djs's reply:

Thank you Demi! You and Mark had the most amazing first dance EVER! You treated everyone to a great performance. Great night, and SO many memorable moments. You're the best.

Tim · Married on 07/23/2016

Peter is very personable and his flexibility ensures that everyone has a great time. Our son's wedding was perfect and Peter made sure that everyone had a good time. The music mix was just was needed to put this wedding over the top.

Sent on 09/11/2016

Chicago Wedding Djs's reply:

Hello Tim, I'll never forget the first chat we had. Loved speaking with you, then getting to meet Austin & Yao. Sydney did a great job assisting with the communications. It turned into the stylish and fun event that I think you all wanted. best wishes and thank you so much!

Anna · Married on 06/18/2016

Peter is the easiest person to work with! He helped us plan details I would have forgot about! Our wedding reception was a blast because of Peter's professionalism and enthusiasm. Our guests repeated told us "This was the best wedding I've ever been to!" Thanks Chicago Wedding DJS! Tanner and I appreciate all your hard work!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Chicago Wedding Djs's reply:

Anna, you had the best party and it was a pleasure working with you from start, to ceremony rehearsal, to the main event! An awesome theme that created this memorable party. You inspire me. The best part is that you and Tanner are such genuine, fun people and it's a joy to know you. We had a lot to plan, and you did it so well considering the long distance. I'll never forget how happy you two are together. Thank you!

Allyson · Married on 05/22/2016

Peter was absolutely the best choice we made for our wedding. He was more than a DJ, he was the entertainer that kept the party going! I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Throughout the planning process Peter was organized, thorough, professional and extremely helpful with decision making. I would 100% recommend him to family and friends for future weddings.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Chicago Wedding Djs's reply:

Thank you Allyson! I knew that you would have a fun celebration. I knew it would be special because of who you are. What I didn't know was how real, honest, and happy you all would be. It was truly an exceptional day. And I will never forget it. Best wishes to you and your family.

Hugh · Married on 02/13/2016

Fantastic process, brilliiant maestro (Peter) and wonderful event. His was the touch that made the event extraordinary. He was magnificent with interaction with the guests and orchestrating (no pun intended) the events of the evening. If there were a better category than excellent then it applies. We are grateful for his support and presence......from the minute we contacted him to the end of the event. Incredible customer service. We will recommend him unquestionably to anyone. Thank you Peter for a fantastic evening.

Sent on 02/26/2016

Chicago Wedding Djs's reply:

Wishing Hugh & Meg nothing but the best. You had a great celebration, with memories that will last us all for a long time. A gorgeous room. Great first dance. The finest Best Man speech ever. And great people. Thank you!

Anna · Married on 01/23/2016

Peter was GREAT! The personalizations were amazing. The dance floor was packed the whole night. Best day of my life.

Sent on 03/02/2016

Chicago Wedding Djs's reply:

Anna, I am so thrilled to have been a part of your celebration. And you guys did it right! From the custom introductions, to your voiceover cake cutting recording, to your Love Story, to the dancing (just saw the pictures on FB btw; really great). Your Dad's speech, and your toasts, awesomeness! Hope to see you soon. Until then much love and happiness to you and yours. Thank you!
  • User6419928 · 2+ years ago

Peter was very professional and nice. He was not just a DJ, but he could always come with the most thoughtful and creative ideas to help us organize the event, and make it smooth and pleasant.

Sent on 02/26/2016

Chicago Wedding Djs's reply:

Wow! The best part about your comment is "not just a DJ". Thank you!

Emma · Married on 07/11/2015

Peter wasn't just a DJ - he was basically a wedding planner. We were blown away by how thorough he was throughout the entire process, including our in-person meeting, phone calls, and his online system that we used to submit every last detail about our wedding (timeline, song requests, bridal party, etc). He had high-end equipment that didn't take up much space at our reception (all he needed was a small table), and was able to rent out some microphones and amps that we needed for our ceremony musicians at the last minute. Not only did Peter play all of the best music (and our top requests) and act as a great emcee, but he also successfully showed a video we had prepared, and helped us with some surprise props for our first dance. Peter was the utmost professional and an amazing DJ.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Chicago Wedding Djs's reply:

Emma, I am honored and awed by your kind words. You and Andrew are the coolest couple and you had a KILLER party. You made the best choices, embraced them, and totally inhabited the spirit of your unique celebration. Great memories for years to come. Thank you.

Peter was fantastic - my husband was really into creating part of the playlist and Peter worked his suggestions in perfectly. He was very easy to work with and super quick at answering all of our questions! I would highly recommend him any future events.

Sent on 03/02/2016

Chicago Wedding Djs's reply:

Thank you for the nice words. You must have been very happy about your husband's playlist creation. It's so cool when the groom helps put the music together, isn't it! Thanks for letting us be a part of the soundtrack of your Life.

Saima · Married on 09/12/2014

I would not hesitate to recommend Peter to anyone I know looking for an MC/DJ. He was absolutely fantastic to work with; EXTREMELY professional and accommodating. We had a disaster on our hands when we had to move our ceremony location the DAY OF our wedding due to weather. Peter stepped in to be not only our wedding DJ but also our ceremony sound technician. He came in two hours earlier than planned (in horrendous traffic, I might add), downloaded ALL our ceremony music, and made sure we had speakers and microphones waiting for us at the new ceremony venue. He went above and BEYOND to make sure our ceremony went off without a hitch (or WITH a hitch, actually!). During the reception, he was great with the crowd, kept people dancing, and even knew all the popular crowd dances when a few people asked him to play Cupid Shuffle and the Wobble. The pre-wedding process was also wonderful; Peter was organized and extremely communicative, working with us months before the event to nail down every detail from the playlist and special dance song selections to wedding toasts and wedding party introductions - all to make sure the event was just right. Working with Peter was a pleasure from start to finish.

It was so wonderful working with Peter as we planned our wedding. He went above and beyond what we expected from a DJ. In addition to putting together some great music for the night, Peter helped us to personalize each step of our wedding making it really memorable. We would highly recommend Peter for any event!

Kathy · Married on 07/13/2013

Peter Merkle exceeded our expectations and made sure our day was exactly what we wanted. He helped to make the planning process easy and we were confident that our day would run so smoothly. Peter pays close attention to details and his expertise in the field was evident. We had numerous compliments from our guests about his professionalism as well as the music choices. We were pleased to see that the dance floor stayed full the entire night; we attribute our guests’ enjoyment to Peter’s diligence and knowledge of his profession. We could not have asked for a better person for the job. We highly recommend Global Heart Entertainment, specifically Peter Merkle, for any event!

Katie · Married on 03/30/2013

Peter did a fantastic job and was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning!

• Julie

Julie · Married on 07/01/2012

Peter Merkle was a terrific DJ; he was well organized, very responsive, and was a great MC.

Kristin · Married on 05/28/2011

Peter was absolutely wonderful! He was very flexible and was willing to do everything we asked. We had an outdoor wedding and of course 2 hours before the ceremony started we were moving things around because of weather. Our ceremony ended up more beautiful then I imagined. Peter was there every step of the way.

Our reception was equally wonderful. He kept everyone on the dance floor until the last song. Our hotel said we made history....they did not get any calls from our guests to be picked up early! Peter really loves what he does, and it shows. My sister and I have both used Peter as our DJ and we could not have been more happy! Thank you so much Peter!

Steve · Married on 10/16/2010

Global Heart Entertainment has a great program. They talked with us from the time we booked them all the way to our wedding day. They gave us many ideas, they worked behind the seen for many hours before our wedding. They didn't just show up the day of the wedding.

Cynthia · Married on 10/25/2008

I would highly recommend Global Heart. We worked with Peter and the service was truely wonderful. He met with us personally several times and we had serveral phone conversations to make sure our wedding was unique and exactly what we wanted. Peter also MC'd and he added several touches that our guests are still talking about! He kept us on schedule and coordinated everything very well with all of our vendors. Food and music are what make a wedding and I can't say enough great things about Peter and Global Heart. He helped to make our dream wedding a reality.