118 Reviews for Chicago Wedding DJ - Fourth Estate Audio

Sound/PA System (10)
Uplighting (7)
Liability Insurance (3)
118 Chicago Wedding DJ - Fourth Estate Audio Reviews

Hired Fourth Estate Audio for a wedding on 6/30/18. I could tell from the first conversation we had that I was going to hire Fourth Estate. They were extremely professional and helpful throughout the entire process. Every question or suggestion we made, we saw a response from Fourth Estate very quickly. On the event day, Fourth Estate completely delivered on everything we asked for. The music selection was entirely on point with what we had wanted. Would trust Fourth Estate for any event that requires a DJ.

Profile Picture Mike, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

With any wedding, there are so many decisions to be made, from the clothes, food, venue, who to invite, invitations, all of it, and I must say that Jay and his company Fourth Estate Audio made the DJ decision the best ever! He was was quick and efficient in his communication, his interface and technologically advanced website, and the overall feel of this company was above par. We even lost our usb drive in the mail the week of our Wedding and Jay stepped in and took care of that too providing all the songs we requested. The day of the wedding, he sent Scott to DJ our event on a yacht! Scott was polite, on point, and very fun and accommodating. He was super fun too and catered to our guests as we requested he do. If you are having a wedding in the Chicago area and are looking for the best, these guys are it! Thank you Jay and Scott, we appreciate you guys more than you know!

Profile Picture Kristi, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jay was a class act leading up to the wedding, at the ceremony, and following the wedding. He made sure to play to our tastes, didn't steal the show, and got people out on the dance floor. As an added perk he took some photos that he shared with us immediately after the wedding so we had some fun pictures to look at as we wait for our professional photos. Jay is highly recommended!

Profile Picture Sara, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jay Congdon and Fourth Estate Audio was hands down one of our favorite vendors to work with! From the first meeting to the wedding day, Jay was nothing but professional. He was very easy to communicate with and he even had a personal online portal setup for us where we could submit payments, check our balance, and choose specific songs/genres. The one thing that we really liked about Fourth Estate Audio was that we could create our own custom playlist and have our favorite hits played on our special day. Last but not least, Jay has top notch equipment! His speakers were crystal clear both inside and outside our venue. He truly helped make our day fun and memorable!

Profile Picture Dan , 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jay did an amazing job at our wedding. He got the party started and kept it going. We were concerned some people were not big dancers but Jay got everyone out of their seats. Jay loves what he does and it definitely shows. I highly highly recommend him. We had so many compliments on Jays music.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were lucky enough to book Jay early for our July wedding - a very busy wedding weekend! From the beginning, he guided us through the process in a detailed and thorough way, ensuring we had everything arranged from bridal party announcements to no-play lists. On the day of, he had everything running so smoothly and the music was incredible! We were especially worried that our dance floor would empty since we had a lot of guests that do not dance at weddings and also our venue provided an amazing outside patio and museum to wander through, but that wasn't the case at all. From the teenagers to our 60 and 70 year old guests - everyone spent time dancing and the dance floor remained the place to be! Would definitely recommend 4th estate audio for those who want a lively wedding!

Profile Picture Sabreena, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jay from Fourth Estate Audio was very helpful in the process of choosing a DJ. When we finally choose Jay, he was there to help us prepare song lists that met our needs and kept our guests entertained. He not only was just a reception "DJ" but he also helped with our pre-ceremony, ceremony, and cocktail hour music so the guests were always happy. Jay was very professional and even took time to speak with us over Skype prior to booking his services so that we would be comfortable knowing he would be great for our wedding. He has an efficient and easy way of selecting music. I would highly recommend Jay from Fourth Estate Audio!

Profile Picture M, 7/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Jay was very great at keeping a crowd on the dance floor, and accommodating us with any special requests that we made as far as particular songs. He was also great when we had to improvise due to dinner running a little long. He was very easy to work with and I would recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Toni, 4/22/17, 1 Review
4.7

Totally professional. On top of every detail. We couldn't have been happier with every aspect. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Molly, 11/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We are so happy we picked Jay as our wedding DJ! From our initial meeting, he made us feel comfortable and excited for our wedding day. He was extremely well prepared. He had an easy to use site that allowed us to give all wedding day details and requests! The ceremony flowed beautifully as well as the reception! As soon as the dance floor opened, it stayed full until the end of the night! Fourth Estate Audio was the perfect fit for us!

Profile Picture Mackenzie, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jay from Fourth Estate Audio kept our guests dancing from the first dance until the last. He was willing to accommodate some of our less conventional requests, upheld our no-play list, and did a great job of choosing songs that complemented the ones we chose. We would strongly recommend using Fourth Estate, and consider them the best value in the area!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance

I really liked Jay and his team, no regrets

Profile Picture Ben, 10/8/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

I am beyond pleased that we picked Jay Congdon from Fourth Estate Audio for our wedding DJ services! The preparation process is very organized via an easy to use online process. Jay is extremely responsive to any and all questions as you prepare for your big day although he is so organized that you might not have too many if you follow his preparation forms. More than the upfront preparation, I truly can't express my thanks for Jay's organization on the day of the wedding. He worked closely with the venue planner to ensure the day went smoothly. Most importantly, the sound was great and the music had everyone dancing the entire night away! Fourth Estate Audio exceeded all my expectations when it came to DJ services!

Profile Picture Keir, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Jay was very professional and easy to work with. He was quick to answer phone calls and emails. He had all our guest danicing the entire night. After the reception our guest had many compliments about Jay and the music selection. Jay surprised us with a short video clip of our wedding and reception and a few pictures which was nice to get. I would recommend Jay for any DJ event.

Profile Picture Mary, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I would highly recommend this DJ. He made our wedding very special. With great selection of music, the lighting was perfect, great sound equipment for the speeches for both inside and outside parts of our ceremony, but best of all Jay provided a cost you cannot beat. If anything I feel we got way more than we paid for. He was easy to do Business with and got our guest on the dance floor. I was also satisfied on how professionally and on point the music was executed for all the main parts of the wedding (exp walking down the aisle, first dance, mother son dances, cake cutting, and grand entrance to the venue.) he took what me and my husband wanted and put it to life. One of my concerns was that I'm Hispanic and my side only speaks Spanish but he gave us access to great songs for my Spanish guest as well as English. He even found the exact Spanish song for my mother son dance which is a rare song.

Profile Picture Jose, 9/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My spouse and I are very happy we had Jay DJ our wedding. He is a pleasure to work with and is super helpful throughout the planning process. His website is very user friendly and you can add songs you want him to play on the website. A lot of guests complimented him and his music choices. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture User7179038, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jay calls you back. This is a MAJOR plus in the bride world. Jay made himself available to answer all of my questions and went along with my complicated ceremony direction. He worked with my friends and family to make our wedding a very special day.

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

When looking for a wedding DJ, we had no idea of what we had wanted. With Jay being so personable and professional, we had decided to book Jay almost immediately after our initial chat. Jay’s flexibility and song selection process made the complete planning process a breeze! With all of our customized song requests, he was able create a wonderful evening from the ceremony to dancing the night away. Additionally, we had used a lighting package from Jay. Since our venue didn’t require as much lighting, he had worked with us to create the perfect mood setting. We highly recommend Jay for all of the special moments that he had helped created for us!

Profile Picture Chris, 7/3/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Jay was great--book him soon because he fills up fast. The DJ equipment he brings is light by comparison to some others, so he is able to maneuver space well. We had no complaints working with Jay! He did exactly what we asked, and kept the party going for our whole group of family and friends. He even coordinated with my brother so he could incorporate some tunes into his speech! He was so much fun to work with, and his website made it easy for us to go in and make changes up until about a week before the wedding! Money well-spent, and a job so very well-done! After the wedding he followed up with a slide show he created from wedding photos he took. I can't remember if this was something we discussed he did or not (so many details!) but it was a very pleasant surprise!!

Profile Picture Tami, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

We absolutely loved working with Jay! We used his services for the ceremony, our cocktail hour, and our reception! All of our family friends had nothing but great things to say about him. He got them dancing and having fun and everything was perfect. The mics, the timing, the communication between him and the coordinators. Perfect. Thanks so much Jay!

Profile Picture Ariel, 6/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I had no idea what I was even looking for in a wedding DJ. let me tell you, I hit the jackpot! Jay and Scott were both completely professional and personable. My wedding reception is being called "the most fun wedding ever!!" Scott was great! He had the dance floor packed the entire night! The lighting was beautiful! I can't say enough great things about Fourth Estate Audio! Thanks again!
Melissa W. Buffalo Grove

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Services Used: One Event Per Day, Uplighting

Jay was absolutely awesome. At first we were a bit concerned because fourth estate audio did not have most of the songs we wanted at our wedding but Jay got all of the songs! Everything went exactly as I hoped and most importantly the dance floor was full all night. We are very thankful!

Profile Picture sylwia, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I absolutely would not give a 5-star review unless I really meant it, and Jay deserves it. He is prompt, sincere, and thorough. We did not have a lot of special requests, but the ones we did have were handled well. The DJ was a big concern for us because we had an afternoon wedding so we wanted someone who could keep people on the dance floor. While the younger kids and older folks did migrate outside eventually, plenty of people stayed inside to dance. I would definitely recommend Fourth Estate, and actually have already referred two friends who booked their services. Oh, and of course the price - best rates (for a professional) I found in Chicagoland.

Profile Picture User4673185, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jay made our wedding come alive! Our guests said they had a blast. It's awesome to see even our shy guests on the dance floor! Thanks to Jay's great music selection and awesome dance floor light show. Jay's web site is very easy to use, from picking songs to planning. Jay is very professional and pleasant to work with. He surprised us with a beautiful pictures video that he put together, the 2nd day after the wedding. That's awesome since we are still waiting for pictures from our photographer. My husband noticed that Jay brought his bose speakers, no wonder the music sounded great! Jay, Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Steph, 5/28/16, 1 Review