Chicago Wedding DJ - Fourth Estate Audio Reviews

145 Reviews for Chicago Wedding DJ - Fourth Estate Audio

• Joe

Joe Agnello · Married on 02/09/2020

Fourth Estate Audio is the best wedding DJ service in Chicago land

If you are looking for the best Wedding experience you can get, look no further than Fourth Estate Audio. I knew from the moment I had met Jay Congdon, President, that my wife and I had found the right company. Jay was polite, professional and best of all completely accommodating. Jay has multiple packages availed to fit any budget, but all of them looked like the kinds of set up and service you would get at a celebrity wedding! Jay walked us through all the options and benefits of each, but never once did we feel any pressure to spend any more than we had budgeted for. I truly got the sense that his main concern was giving us the music (and lighting!) experience we wanted for our special day.
    But that’s not all! Jay’s DJ Scott Andree was amazing. For beginning to end our wedding (which was at the zoo, very difficult to set up and work audio equipment there) was amazing thanks to the music selections Scott came up with. Which is not to say you can’t provide your own play list. Fourth Estate can either give you complete control (you can give them an entire playlist for the whole event) or is more than happy to provide their own choice based on loose guide lines you give them. And when it came time to announce the wedding party Scott made sure before hand to know exactly how to pronounce names and to let us know what we needed to do when announced. Again, it was the details like that which made us feel Scott really cared about our wedding. He was the best.
    I could go on and on, but the bottom line is, Fourth Estate Audio is the best wedding DJ service in Chicago land. Not only are they amazingly accommodating they really do care about you and your special day.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Joe Shanahan · Married on 11/30/2019

Bride and Groom

Jay was the perfect DJ for us. He was always in touch but never overwhelming during the planning process. He made the music selection very easy and we heard everything we wanted to hear. We would recommend him to all of our friends as they plan for weddings down the road.

Sent on 12/02/2019

Chicago Wedding DJ - Fourth Estate Audio's reply:

Joe and Brenna really know how to throw a party for 300 of their closest friends! The night at Gaelic Park was truly magical, and even more so, with the venues Christmas decorations up. See for yourself. There's a gallery of the reception here:
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 11/23/2019

Everything was beyond perfect!

Jay did such an amazing job at our wedding, every single thing was so much more perfect than I could have imagined. He was always so quick to respond to every email, he helped me along the way of creating my song list, and his entire set up and sound system was incredible. So many of my guest came up and asked me about him and said how great he was. He worked with me every step of the way and the end result was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 12/06/2019

Chicago Wedding DJ - Fourth Estate Audio's reply:

Samantha and Thomas' wedding was gorgeous! As it's easy to see why they have so many loving friends. The stately Mayslake Peabody Estate never looked better. Want to see the wedding for yourself? Just copy block this link. We'll leave the pictures us for a few weeks:

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing dj

We hired Fourth Estate for our wedding and they did an amazing job! Our DJ Jim followed all of our direction for the ceremony music and everything after that. We did not pick a whole lot of songs for dancing and left it up to the DJ to read the room and pick songs for people to dance to. Boy, did he do a great job with that! Everyone was dancing and having a great time to everything he played. Could not have asked for a better experience. He definitely made our day less stressful and more fun! I would recommend anyone looking for a DJ for their big day to hire them! Nothing, but an amazing experience!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/02/2019

11/2/2019 Wedding

Jay was great! He responded to emails quickly and ensured that the needs for our wedding day were met. Scott was our day of DJ and he did everything that I asked and played to the crowd. I received lots of compliments about the music and people loved the variety.

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie Tjaden · Married on 10/26/2019

Professional & Reliable DJ

The music was perfect and Scott did a great job making announcements!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/26/2019

Professional and enthusiastic

Jay is just wonderful - we cannot recommend him enough! He stuck to the playlist I carefully curated but also added some songs that fit the vibe perfectly, he knew just what to play and when, and the uplighting services he provided were such an addition to the ambience of the night. He was so responsive, and I like the login portal he has for his website so we were able to pay as we went instead of all at once. He was so sweet, and so professional, and helped to make sure everything ran smoothly even throughout the downpour of rain and like 8 changes in plan. Jay is super adaptable and clearly knows what he's doing. You won't find a better DJ in the Chicagoland area.

Sent on 10/27/2019

Chicago Wedding DJ - Fourth Estate Audio's reply:

Thanks so much, Sarah! Sarah and Frank's rustic themed wedding was moved indoors to a beautifully decorated converted barn, with dinner hour in a neighboring building. The rain, wind and cold proved no match for the warmth of this great couple and their guests. It was truly a great night!
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/18/2019

Wonderful wedding DJ!

We loved the work that 4th estate audio did at our wedding! Jay, our DJ, was responsive and made the planning process easy. We were able to guide the kind of music played at our wedding by selecting a playlist online and answering surveys about the kind of music we wanted to hear.

Jay also did an awesome job directing speeches and other events. He was communicative, professional, and made coordinating speeches and dances a breeze. My husband and I both agree that the evening couldn't have been more perfect, and our DJ had a hand in making the night so special. We provided the kinds of music we liked as a guide, and Jay did a wonderful job keeping to the spirit of that list and playing music that fit our occasion perfectly.

We feel that the value of the services we received for what we paid was well worth it. I was working on my doctoral degree while planning the wedding, so the flexibility of planning our music online was invaluable. If you're looking for an excellent wedding DJ, look no further. 4th estate is highly recommended!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Chicago Wedding DJ - Fourth Estate Audio's reply:

Thanks so much. Michelle! A DJ couldn't ask for a more gracious couple, or a more engaged group of dancers. And the Brookfield Zoo designed a most creative and appropriate wedding cake for the occasion. There's a picture of it, along with more pics from Michelle and John's reception, at http://www.discjockey.org/real-chicago-wedding-june-1-2019/ , for a limited time. Thanks for inviting us to be your Chicago wedding DJs.
  • Amanda

Amanda Wilczynski · Married on 08/24/2019

Wonderful experience, very helpful!

We were lucky enough to have Fourth Estate Audio recommended to us by the location of our wedding. Working with Jay was a wonderful experience. We met with him once in person before the event, and did a quick phone call right before the wedding.

We had no idea what we were doing and Jay helped us so much with the layout of the reception events (bridal party entry, first dance, parent dances, etc) and the ceremony processional. Jay provided us with a USB so that we could provide any special music/audio ourselves. But he had every song we could need already! He also took some wonderful pictures during the wedding, and we really appreciated it.

Overall I would highly recommend Fourth Estate Audio, to anyone needing a DJ.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Chicago Wedding DJ - Fourth Estate Audio's reply:

What a treat it was to be Amanda and Phillip's DJ! A gorgeous outdoor ceremony at the Brookfield Zoo, with the giraffes just a few feet away, followed by dinner and a night of enthusiastic dancing at the zoo's Bocadito's Restaurant. Thanks for letting us be your Chicago wedding DJ pros. PS: Wanna see those pictures? For the time being, they're at http://www.discjockey.org/real-chicago-wedding-august-24-2019/ .
  • Teresa

Teresa Cook · Married on 08/11/2019

FANTASTIC DJ for our wedding!

I have never used a DJ before, so I was somewhat nervous trying to select a DJ for our wedding ceremony and our reception. I decided to try Fourth Estate Audio based on the excellent reviews that I read online. And I'm so glad that I did! The experience with Fourth Estate Audio was OUTSTANDING from beginning to end. Jay responded to my initial inquiry right away, and our first meeting with him was very helpful. My fiance and I really appreciated his many years of expertise and his helpful suggestions. Jay made us feel comfortable right from the start. Scott Andre was the DJ for our wedding, and he was terrific! He was well-prepared with all of the songs we wanted for the wedding ceremony and for the dancing at the reception, but he was also flexible to change things up when we wanted to. We wanted to do some square dancing and some Israeli folk dancing at the reception, but we didn't know in advance where these dances would fit with the overall flow of the reception. On the day of the wedding, Scott did a great job switching between regular dance music to square dance music to Israeli dance songs, at a moment's notice, and everyone had a blast! Since our wedding reception was on Sunday afternoon and we didn't have any alcohol at our wedding, we were wondering if many people would be dancing. Thanks to Scott, there were people dancing all afternoon! Many people commented on how much fun they had dancing and on what a great dance list we had! Thank you, Scott, for making our wedding reception so much fun! I highly recommend Fourth Estate Audio for any event that you may be planning.

Sent on 08/15/2019

Chicago Wedding DJ - Fourth Estate Audio's reply:

We're always delighted when an afternoon wedding produces a packed dance floor. Chuck and Teresa really knew their guests, and chose a great eclectic mix of music that kept them highly engaged. The wedding ceremony was wisely moved indoors after the weekend three weeks earlier produced near-triple-digit temperatures. A perfect day, for a perfect couple. Thank you from your Chicago wedding DJ pros.
  • Amanda

Amanda Jane Wojciechowski · Married on 08/11/2019

Great DJ, on his A game!

Jay was excellent to work with! My husband and I are so happy with everything he did on our wedding day at the Deer Path Inn on 8/11/19. We really appreciated Jay's service and disc jockeying, and we were thankful for his professionalism, promptness, attention to detail, simplicity, communication, and meticulousness. He nailed everything perfectly, and there were no details or important song selections missing from the night. It was spectacular partnering together with you!
    -Amanda and Andrew

Sent on 09/09/2019

Chicago Wedding DJ - Fourth Estate Audio's reply:

Amanda and Andrew were the epitome of class and grace at their reception at the Deer Path Inn. Their guests were treated like royalty - from impeccable decor, to superb cuisine, to elegant lighting, to (shameless plug) great music. ; ) It was a magical night, and we were thrilled to be part of it. Want to see it? http://www.discjockey.org/real-chicago-wedding-august-11-2019/ . Thanks. Amanda!

Sophia · Married on 08/02/2019

Jay is awesome!

We cant say enough amazing things about Jay! From our first meeting with him, we knew he was the best DJ for us. He answered all of our questions, and was very professional. He is responds to emails in a very timely matter, which is always appreciated. He kept the party going the night of the wedding! He stuck to our playlist, and added a few songs in, which our guests loved. We definitely recommend Jay and Fourth Estate Audio for your DJ needs!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Chicago Wedding DJ - Fourth Estate Audio's reply:

Ever have one of those days where the wind is at your back and everything is perfect? Sophia and Dillon's wedding day was such a day -- sunny and comfortable for their outdoor ceremony and cocktails at the beautiful Oak Brook Bath & Tennis Club. Then it was inside for dinner, some great stories, and the joy of a packed dance floor - a Chicago wedding DJ's dream night. What a wonderful couple, and what a wonderful celebration! Thanks for letting us be a part of it.
  • Laura

Laura moser · Married on 07/20/2019

Jay was our wedding DJ and he was amazing!

Jay and his coworker were incredible to work with! He was very flexible, personable, and creative in all of his service. I really appreciate he provided all guests flexibility requesting songs, and also send up pictures after the wedding. Thanks for going above and beyond Jay!!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Chicago Wedding DJ - Fourth Estate Audio's reply:

Laura and Ben are a great couple, and their guests fed off their tremendous energy. Add to that the unique setting of a lakefront harbor club, and the entire night was truly special!
  • Ashley

Ashley F · Married on 06/21/2019

Great Party

Fourth Estate Audio just did our wedding at the Morton Arboretum. The DJ was really great - he knew what the audience wanted and dancing continued right till the lights went on and the party had to end. They respected out wishes on music type and took appropriate requests. I highly recommend them. Another thing I liked was their on line data input system - made it very easy.

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Klahn · Married on 06/15/2019

Great experience

We had Jay as our disc jockey and he was great!
    Their process of gathering information and music taste is easy and is helpful for people who have never planned an event before!
    I thought the rates were really reasonable and he kept the party moving smoothly and had our guests on the dance floor all night.

Highly recommended.

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 06/08/2019

Great wedding DJ!

Jay was an amazing DJ! We were impressed even from our first interaction with him. He was honest about what package would best fit our needs and didn't try to sell us unnecessary services. He was very responsive to emails and was really accommodating throughout the whole process. On the wedding day, Jay was very professional and helped us have an amazing wedding reception! We were so glad to have Jay as our wedding DJ!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Laura Holmes · Married on 05/18/2019

Awesome DJ

I would definitely recommend this company for your wedding. Our DJ, Jay, kept my guests dancing all evening long. He was very kind and definitely knew what he was doing. He made things so much easier on my husband and I.

Sent on 06/07/2019

Randy · Married on 11/03/2018

A fun-filled night for everybody to dance to!

DJ Jay Congdon was a blast at our wedding! With his years of experience, he definitely knew what got the crowd going! I highly recommend Fourth Estate Audio for their professionalism, knowledgeable music selection, and creating a fun and memorable night to remember!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Julie H · Married on 10/27/2018

Could not be Happier!!

The team at Fourth Estate Audio was great to work with for our wedding. Jay walked us through the whole process and was very attentive to any questions that we had, and asked us great questions that we hadn't even thought of (which allowed us to plan to perfection). The online questionnaire we answered prior to the wedding was very easy to use and allowed us to be thorough about our music likes and preferences. Scott was our DJ for the event and we could not have asked for a better experience. Beyond playing great music, when the schedule started to slip due to slow dinner service at our event space, Scott proactively reached out to us to see if he should start the dancing portion of the evening. We had no idea the time had slipped so much since we were trying to eat and make our rounds to our guest tables. We are so thankful for Scott's attentiveness; we were able to maximize the time that we had left in our reception. My husband and I had an amazing time dancing the night away with our guests and the dance floor was never sparse! We would definitely, definitely, DEFINITELY recommend Fourth Estate!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Mark · Married on 10/13/2018

Give Jay a shot, you will not regret it!

We wanted to take a second to thank our incredible Wedding DJ, Jay. He was absolutely amazing on our special night. It all started by meeting with Jay and having a personalized one on one meeting to determine exactly what we wanted for our wedding. He has a ton of experience with weddings and that's evident by the great care and consideration he took in our initial consultation. Once the plan was ready, it was time to execute! Jay did just that! He came prepared with his state of the art equipment and led us into a night we will never forget. Thank you Jay! Can't recommend your services enough!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah D · Married on 09/22/2018

Jay at Fourth Estate is a Wedding DJ Matchmaker and We Loved Our Match

Scott Andree freaking rules. We’re not big dancers or pop music lovers on a day-to-day basis, so while we knew that the standard wedding playlist favorites would probably feature prominently in order to please the crowd, we were looking for any opportunity possible to play more of the classic rock tunes (Led Zeppelin, Rush, etc) we love. Scott kept our expectations reasonable, made sure we knew they’re not super dance-able…and then found spaces to play them anyway! I’m not sure everyone would want to headbang to Black Dog at their wedding, but a bunch of our guests had a great time doing just that. We were incredibly happy with Scott and Fourth Estate and would happily hire them again.

Sent on 03/01/2019
  • F

jocelyn · Married on 09/21/2018

Jay was amazing. We found him online and met with him in person, after meeting with him we could tell he was professional and very knowledgeable, we booked with him the same day. Jay's website makes everything easy leading up to the wedding, from creating your timeline, to picking your music for the big day. We loved how he provides you with a flash drive if theres any music that you would like him to play that isn't in his library. We had Jay for the ceremony and the reception and he kept the whole night flowing seamlessly, I wanted a very specific part of a song to walk down the aisle to and he assured me timing wasn't going to be an issue and just cut and faded the music when need be, our sand ceremony ran long and the song I chose was ending but he did an amazing job at looping the music without it being noticeable. For the reception he handled the cake cutting, speeches, dances amazingly and once the dance floor was open he kept people on the floor all night long. We had absolutely nothing to worry about when working with Jay. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/08/2018

Extremely Impressed

Extremely impressed with the company’s professionalism and attentiveness. We contacted Jay only 4 weeks before our wedding looking for DJ services and he came to the rescue!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/01/2018

Jay was great! He kept the guests engaged and dancing. We didn't get all of the songs played that we had requested, but everybody had a great time

Sent on 09/27/2018