Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown Reviews

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown 4
Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown 5
  • Christina

Christina Doherty · Getting married on 06/11/2021

Jill made it so magical!

Throughout our planning, Jill really took an invested interest in us and it showed in our ceremony. She customized everything to our love story and journey and truly made it so special. Her warm presence made it so easy to be open with her and in turn it made our ceremony more personable. I recommend Jill 100% for anyone!

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown 6
    Sent on 12/08/2019

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Christina. It was an honor to officiate for you and Dylan and a true pleasure to word with you to tell your beautiful story of love and commitment. Much happiness to you!
  • I

Ian Horne · Getting married on 12/03/2020

Beautiful Ceremony

Jill did an incredible job at planning and officiating our ceremony. We only met with her in person one time before the rehearsal for 3 hours and from that one meeting and a few questionnaires, she was able to design a beautiful wedding ceremony that perfectly captured our relationship. All of our family and friends were very moved by the ceremony. Many of them walked up to us afterwards and asked if she has known us for years; she was able to make our ceremony that personal.

We could not have been happier with the service!

Sent on 04/21/2019

Ian and Mickella,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. You were wonderful to work with and your relationship offered many options for telling your love story. I am so happy that you, your families and friends enjoyed the ceremony so much. Many years of happiness to you! Jill
  • Ashley

Ashley Orosz · Getting married on 05/05/2020

Personable, lighthearted, and meaningful.

I am tearing up writing this review. Jill is such an amazing person. She is SO sweet, calm, and professional; all qualities a Type A Bride appreciates beyond measure. In fact, after one phone call with Jill, I knew she was “the one” to officiate for my husband and I. She was so accommodating and respectful of our vision, curating an extremely thoughtful script that documented our journey together. Jill is a stellar professional and I honestly feel sorry for everyone who does not utilize her. 10/10, would get married again 😉

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown 7
    Sent on 05/22/2019

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

Ashley, you and Brendan were a dream couple for me! Sometimes the perfect connection happens and all parties are lucky! Thank you for choosing me to share in your day and thank you so much for this wonderful review. Many, many years of happiness to you both! xo
  • Spencer

Spencer Blaney · Married on 12/10/2019

Responsive and organized with a personalized ceremony

Jill was the best officiant we could have hoped for. She is extremely professional yet personable. Rest assured you will be in good hands with someone who has the experience of officiating many weddings. Jill will tailor the ceremony to your specific needs.

When you are planning for a wedding things get hectic and it is easy to get overwhelmed with everything that needs to get done. Jill kept us on track and was proactive with communication to make sure we were prepared for ceremony. She was responsive to our emails and accommodating to our changing schedule.

Early on Jill will provide each of you a questionnaire to complete with questions about your relationship with eachother as well as other personal details. She takes these questionnaires and creates a narrative story that is personal and specific to every couple to be read at the ceremony. It is apparent she takes her time to write these couples stories and it is not something that is quickly thrown together. At the end you will have editorial discretion to revise your story to what you feel comfortable with. There was very little we felt we wanted to change.

We 100% recommend Jill to be your officiant.

Sent on 10/17/2019

Spencer and Fabi,
    It was a true pleasure to work with you to create your love-filled celebration. I so appreciate your positive feedback and the time and consideration you gave to the review. Your commitment to the creative process helped us achieve just the right tone for your ceremony! Many years of happiness to you both!
  • Jenny

Jenny Luo · Married on 12/07/2019

Truly a special person!

Jill was amazing through this entire process. She was very easy to work with and incredibly personable, and it was easy to see that she was genuinely invested in our relationship and telling our story. She was open minded and willing to learn and do research and worked hard to write a script that really brought out who we are - not easy for an unconventional couple like us! We got so many compliments from our guests on how well-spoken she was and how sweet the ceremony was! So glad we went with her.

Sent on 12/08/2019

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

Jenny, it was such a pleasure to work with you and Ken and to learn about your online world! I so enjoyed exploring and creating with you and I'm so glad your guests appreciated our collaboration! I felt a lot of love for you and Ken in that room: everyone there is fortunate to be connected! All the best to you both!

Elise Gonzalez · Married on 11/09/2019

Full of care, compassion, and enthusiasm!

Jill was so amazing to work with. She took about an hour to chat with me and me then fiancé (now husband) on the phone about our story and got to know us to be able to craft her words for our ceremony. She provided us with options for standard vows but was absolutely flexible when we decided to go our own route. She showed so much care and enthusiasm when working with us to tell our story, and it showed beautifully during our ceremony. We were so happy to have selected Jill and I’d highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/15/2019

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

Elise and Alex, such a joyful, love-filled intimate wedding to be a part of! It was a true pleasure to work with you and to contribute to your special day! All the best to you and thank you for my 100th WW review!! Jill
  • Michele

Michele Mcmanmon · Married on 10/11/2019

Calm, focused, uniquely special officiant

Jill went above & beyond even learning a new ethnic ritual we added to the ceremony. She executed this ritual smoothly and beautifully along with the rest of the ceremony. She really kept us organized and made helpful suggestions throughout our process as well as being extremely communicative. We'd recommend her for any wedding because she is a very special person, has a great sense of humor and a calming personality. We already recommended her to friends getting married in 2020!!!

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown 8
    Sent on 11/10/2019

Michele,
    Thanks you so much for the opportunity to work with your and Michael and your amazing families. What a lovely, warm, heartfelt event! Warmest wishes and thanks! Jill
  • Brittani

Brittani · Married on 09/14/2019

Jill is a genius at what she does

Jill made our ceremony simply amazing. Often couples and guests think this is the part to rush through to get to the next event.... but really this is the most important time to be present. Jill takes the time to get to know you as a couple and as separate people to make a ceremony one could only dream possible.
    Jill makes a lifetime memorable event...a week later and many people are still commenting on on how wonderful the ceremony was and... we couldn't be happier.

Jill is a genius at what she does!

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown 9
    Sent on 09/27/2019

Brittani and Ambrose,
    Working with you was such a wonderful experience. As I mentioned to you, working with great couples makes my work look easy! Your openness and willingness to share with me allowed my creativity to flow. I'm so grateful you and your guests enjoyed the ceremony and I so appreciate your kind words. All the best to you both!
  • Jose

Jose Randall · Married on 08/13/2019

Thank You Jill Brown!

We are grateful to Jill for presiding over our wedding ceremony. Her approach and flexibility were perfect for our situation (interfaith, etc.). From our experience we learned that the reviews we read prior to working with her did not adequately describe her value. She is a wonderful person as well as an excellent celebrant! We enjoyed the opportunity to meet Jill and to have her share in our special commitment to each other. - JR and JS

Sent on 08/13/2019

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Jose! I so enjoyed working with you and your beautiful bride and I am honored to have witnessed your love and commitment to each other! I wish all good things and a happy, happy life together! Jill
  • Rmel927

R · Married on 08/10/2019

A lovely custom ceremony

Jill was the officiant at our wedding, and truly a delight to work with. We wanted a warm ceremony that truly reflected us, and Jill's process for creating one was a wonderful, reflective activity during a very hectic engagement period! As a bride I was extremely nervous about the ceremony and its tone, but Jill's professionalism and thoroughness assuaged all of my worries. She wrote a moving ceremony script, was responsive to our edits, and delivered it beautifully at our wedding. We can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 01/01/2020

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

Thank you, Rachel! It was a true pleasure working and creating with you and Ben! Happy wishes to you for a long and happy marriage!

Nova K · Married on 08/04/2019

Jill is the cherry on top of a wonderful ceremony

I can't imagine anyone but Jill to have lead our wedding ceremony, it was beautifully written and delivered. Jill is a skilled writer and genuinely feels for her couples. She spoke of my partner and I's journey, capturing all our challenges and triumphs in such a heartfelt way. We had our guests laughing and crying throughout! Even now, people will tell us how moving and beautiful the ceremony was. And Jill was a major part of that. When we were planning, my partner and I were very mindful of who we selected as the officiant as they set the tone of the ceremony. We talked to multiple officiants who never really fit our personal dynamic. Jill was recommended to us and we are so glad she was! A major challenge during our planning was that were were doing it from a distance. So it was vital that our officiant would be to work with us from afar. Jill was so flexible, we had calls and talked over email, planning was a breeze. She gave us a timeline of what to expect, such as get to know you questions, selecting readings, and when to get our vows done. We appreciate how organized she was, she kept us on track! We both had our vows finalized days before the wedding so there was no last minute crunch. Working with her was stress free. She was reliable and communicative, it made the wedding planning process so much easier. She also looked out for us during the ceremony, reminding us (mainly me) that it was okay to take a moment for myself. Jill is wonderful and she writes and speaks beautifully. She told our story and all the things we have to look forward to in our married lives. She made the first steps in our married lives a perfect one.

Sent on 10/08/2019

Nova,
    Thank you so much for your feedback. It is gratifying to know I had a small part in making your beautiful day special. We were a great team and I am so happy and grateful to have shared in your joyful celebration! May you have a long and happy marriage!

Amy Gonzalez · Married on 05/26/2019

Warm memories and exceptional experience!

We had the pleasure of working with Jill during our wedding ceremony last May at the Chicago History Museum. From our very first visit with Jill to the actual day, she was always genuinely interested in getting to know us as a couple and our story. She was very detailed, thorough, creative, fun, thoughtful and professional. We highly recommend working with Jill and were honored to have her as our officiant on our wedding day! Thank you Jill - we loved working with you!

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown 10
    Sent on 10/25/2019

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

Working with you and Patrick was a true delight and I appreciate how easily we worked together to create a ceremony that truly reflected your love. I know it's the kickoff to a long and happy marriage!
  • Walker

Walker Van Dixhorn · Married on 05/25/2019

Absolutely amazing - a perfect day curated by the wonderful Jill Brown! Highly recommend!

Jill was absolutely incredible. We talked with her over the phone first, then met with her in person. She really wanted to get to know us personally and that allowed her to write a truly beautiful ceremony. On the day of the ceremony she arrived promptly, and did a great job of helping us to organize our guests and start the ceremony on time. The readings she helped us choose were absolutely perfect, and her delivery was outstanding. My favorite part was the personal touches she added about me and my wife. She made our guests laugh and cry, and the ceremony flowed beautifully. My wife and I cannot speak highly enough of Jill - she is truly fantastic. We also received multiple compliments on the service from many of our guests. 10/10 - we HIGHLY recommend her services. Thank you Jill for helping make our day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

Thank you for your kind workds, Walker! It is easy to create a perfect event when the clients are perfect to work with! Such a pleasure to be a part of your journey to forever!

Ashley Parker · Married on 05/07/2019

Intimate and personalized

Jill was amazing and so sweet! Her script was personalized for us and gave us the opportunity to write our own vows. That being said, she even stepped away while we were reading them to eachother a chance to have pictures with just us two during the ceremony, which is something I never even thought about.

Sent on 05/16/2019

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

Thanks so much, Ashley! It was so fun to work with you and Aaron and to witness your vow exchange in such a lovely space. Your love was in full blossom along with the flowers!! All the best to you both!!
  • lexi

lexi · Married on 03/16/2019

Thoughtful, Funny and HIGHLY recommend!

I chose Jill to be our officiant based on the instant draw I had to her over the phone. Her presence is calming and cheerful. She draws her inspiration from the personality of her clients and you can that she carefully crafts each word of her script to accurately reflect her experience and perception of the couple. I received SO many compliments on our ceremony - guests loved Jill's thoughtful words, light hearted presence and the fact that they could tell she spoke from a genuine place as she shared about our love story and connection. Jill we can't thank you enough! You made us feel comfortable in a situation that took us out of our comfort zone and the love was felt throughout the room.

Sent on 07/28/2019

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

Thank you so much, Lexi! You and Dan made my work so easy to do! I always smiled each time I saw your name in my inbox! True connections with couples is the best part of my work and I have loved working with you and Dan. May you have many, many years of happiness together! XO

Marc · Married on 01/26/2019

Excellent officiant

We needed an officiant on relatively short notice. Jill was extremely responsive and crafted a perfect ceremony for us on an abbreviated schedule. She was perfect and her ceremony was a real highlight for our guests.

Sent on 02/15/2019

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

Marc, working with you and Kim was a delight. I believe we created a warm and welcoming wedding celebration for your family and friends on a chilly January day! May you two enjoy many years of love and happiness.
  • Kate

Kate Mcgregor · Married on 01/12/2019

The perfect wedding

Having Jill as our officiant was the best decision we ever made for our wedding. Professional, open, dedicated and warm, she really got to know us and cared not only about the day itself but Phil and I as a couple. I cannot recommend her highly enough. The wedding itself was personal, emotional and true to us in every way. Thank you Jill xxx

Sent on 01/23/2019

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

Kate, you and Phil created a joyful collaboration and I am so honored to have met you and worked with you. I look forward to following your journey from afar (literally)!
    All the best, JIll

AmyV · Married on 12/30/2018

Great Officiant

Jill made our day together one we will always remember. She was incredibly kind, wrote a beautiful ceremony for us, printed out our vows, used a poem we liked and, listened to what we wanted and had great insights for us. My husband and I would highly recommend her services.

Sent on 01/07/2019

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

Thank you so much, Amy! I so enjoyed creating and working with you...the setting and the pure joy and love between you are just a few of the ways I'll remember you!

Many, many happy years are ahead of you, I'm sure!!

Gerry · Married on 12/09/2018

Personal and perfect

We found Jill online because of the great reviews. And she lived up to every one of them! We wanted a simple ceremony in front of some friends and talked to Jill about it the week before. She must have written everything down because the detail and personal touches she put into our ceremony we’re perfect. She brought us to tears and made our evening perfect. Thank you Jill for everything.

G and K.

Sent on 12/16/2018

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

It was truly my pleasure to officiate your ceremony. I wish you many happy years of joyful marriage!

Amanda Reagan · Married on 12/08/2018

A perfect match

I was lucky enough to get some referrals that led me to Jill, and I'm so thrilled that she was the officiant for our wedding. Finding the right officiant isn't exactly easy — we put a lot of effort towards creating a celebration that felt true to us as a couple, and we didn't want to necessarily follow the normal flow or traditions of a wedding ceremony. Jill was a perfect partner in helping us create something uniquely meaningful to our relationship. She was warm, personable and inquisitive during each of our meetings. I was impressed on her skill at picking up all the small details of our relationship and crafting them into a compelling story for our wedding guests. She was so excited to help us craft the right type of unity ritual — she was a great creative partner and balanced our ideas with her sense of what would be most impactful for our event. I am so thrilled that the universe brought us together with Jill. Our wedding was a perfectly memorable event, and she played a huge role in making it so magical.

Sent on 01/16/2019

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

Amanda, you and Eric were dream clients! You created the perfect team and worked so well with us to bring your vision to fruition! It was my pleasure and honor to work with you. I too am grateful the Universe brought us together! I wish you both many years of happiness and joy.

Vanessa · Married on 10/05/2018

Our Perfect Ceremony!

Jill officiated our wedding early October and we were so happy with everything. When we met Jill in person, we knew right away she was a good fit for this important moment in our lives as she was extremely personable and really tried to get to know our story to make that the focus of the ceremony. We had a get to know you phone call and then sat with her for a couple of hours and chatted and she asked such great questions to get to know us! Many, many people came to us during our cocktail hour and commented on how much they loved the ceremony and were impressed by our officiant! The only small tweak we would have made would have been going through everything 2-3 times during the rehearsal instead of just once! The rehearsal was only about ~20 mins and when we were up there for the ceremony we forgot which way to turn at one point but Jill realized and handled it expertly. So grateful for Jill and her writing and speaking capabilities!!!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

Thanks so much! I so enjoyed meeting and working with you to create and deliver a memorable and authentic ceremony! Wishing you much love and happiness for the rest of your lives!

John David · Married on 08/17/2018

We loved having Jill as the officiant for our wedding. She did a wonderful job, made it personal, and customized to our needs. Great to have someone who loves working with LGBT couples.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

John David, you and Thomas were wonderful to work with. Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your joy and love with your family, friends and me as well! May you have a long and happy marriage! Jill

Andie · Married on 08/08/2018

Jill was wonderfully warm and accommodating. She listened to everything we asked for, arrived early and performed the perfect ceremony. We're so thankful she agreed to marry us!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

Andie, working with you and Bobby was a joy! What a lovely evening we had and I felt honored to be a part of your heartfelt wedding! Warmest wishes to you both!

Erica · Married on 07/14/2018

From the moment we spoke to Jill on the phone we knew we wanted her to be a part of our special day. Jill took the time to get to know each of us and did a beautiful job sharing our love story. We still get compliments on our endearing ceremony. We highly recommend Jill because she will get to know you, communicate often, and make your ceremony yours!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Chicago Choice Ceremonies by Jill Brown's reply:

Thanks so much, Erica! I loved working with you and Ben and telling your happy story. My wishes go out to you for a long and happy marriage!

Shannon · Married on 07/07/2018

Jill was great. She really took the time to get to know us and understand our relationship and values.

Sent on 08/05/2018