Chestnut Mountain Resort Reviews

Chestnut Mountain Resort 7
  • Krisanna

Krisanna Sharon 路 Getting married on 10/12/2019

So far so amazing

We will be getting married this October at North Point with our reception in the sunset garden tent! Our on site wedding coordinator, Chelsea, is on point, quick to respond and very flexible - also helpful with MOB/MOG who have one to many questions 馃グ tasting and consultations / planning appointments have been nothing but spectacular so far - will update after the big day

Sent on 08/09/2019

Tiffany 路 Married on 09/09/2018

We recently got married on Sunday September 9, 2018 at Chestnut Mountain Resort and from the blessings above, had the most perfect day! We lucked out with the weather and all. If you鈥檙e looking for a rustic, country yet elegant venue, I highly recommend Chestnut Mountain! Joan Dillion our wedding coordinator was amazing to work with. Joan was very professional and very flexiable when it came to working around our crazy work schedules! The event staff was great, the food was amazing and the atmosphere was perfect! We highly recommend looking into Chestnut for your next event!

-Tiffany

Chestnut Mountain Resort 11
    Chestnut Mountain Resort 12
    Chestnut Mountain Resort 13

Chestnut Mountain Resort's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Tiffany! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time here at Chestnut Mountain Resort, and I will pass these along to Joan in her retirement!

Sierra 路 Married on 06/23/2018

Great wedding venue!

I was married here on 6/23/18. I could not have asked for a better venue. Everyone, and I mean everyone was so helpful at Chestnut. Joan is amazing and made sure that I was never over stressed about wedding planning. The food was delicious, we actually heard from multiple guests that it was the best wedding food they'd ever had! My father in law is mostly wheelchair bound which was a big concern when we chose a venue. Chestnut does not have elevators so we were nervous when we first looked at the venue but they assured us he would be taken care of. They weren't kidding. Be it golf carts or vans, they made sure he got from place to place with ease and no embarrassment! The views here are stunning, talk about awesome wedding photos! I highly recommend having your ceremony at Grand View Pointe if you can spring for it. You won't be sorry, the landscape is easily one of the most serene in Illinois! Make sure to take in a sunset while you're here, gorgeous! Don't forget this place isn't just for skiing and snowboarding, in the summer they have a ziplime, Alpine slide, Segway toirs, frisbee golf, and so much more!!!

Sent on 04/30/2019
  • Dawn

Dawn 路 Married on 05/27/2018

It was a Beautiful Day!

Our daughter had her Wedding Ceremony overlooking the amazing view of the Mississippi! They wanted an outdoor Wedding and something not everyone else was doing. The beauty was already there and no real need to decorate! Joan and her team were so helpful in planning the big day. They had everything set up Chairs and arch ( we put flower arch flowers on) for us and even sprayed for bugs right before the ceremony. The trolly was a hit and made it fun and whimsey! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/01/2019
    Chestnut Mountain Resort 14
    Chestnut Mountain Resort 15
    Chestnut Mountain Resort 16
    Chestnut Mountain Resort 17
    Chestnut Mountain Resort 18
    Chestnut Mountain Resort 19

Emily 路 Married on 04/21/2018

Joan and the rest of the staff at Chestnut Mountain made our wedding experience phenomenal! We had our ceremony at the Grand View Pointe and our reception in the Vista Room inside the lodge. Most of our guests stayed at the hotel on-site. We loved having everything on-site and not having to worry about transportation.

We also used the restaurant for our rehearsal dinner and, as most of our guests were from out of town, had a Welcome Event on Friday evening.

Joan and the entire staff was very accommodating during every part of the wedding planning process, from booking the venue, to the food tasting, and finally the weekend of the wedding.

I would highly recommend Chestnut as a wedding venue!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Chestnut Mountain Resort's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Emily! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time here at Chestnut Mountain Resort and I will pass this along to Joan in her retirement!

• Whitney

Whitney 路 Married on 10/01/2016

Beyond fantastic location and staff!! They were an amazing help and we're willing to help and change things even the day before!! Great service and Joan is awesome!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Erin 路 Married on 09/26/2015

Joan Dillon the coordinator on-site was great to work with!! Super flexible venue and great food (our guests all raved). If you're looking for a nice weekend away with friends and family, and an amazing view/scenery, Chestnut is the way to go!! We can't wait to go back already!!

Sent on 10/02/2015
  • May Bride

Joann 路 Married on 05/09/2015

I just got married here in May 2015 and the wedding was amazing. It could not have been a more beautiful wedding. The weather decided to cooperate and gave us a gorgeous day. The view was just spectacular. I think that was the comment I received the most from the guests. They could not believe the view and how great the pictures would turn out. Everyone at Chestnut was so wonderful to work with especially Joan. She helped me out so much and made sure things were as we had discussed.

The price was also a selling point for the money we wanted to spend, we got everything we could have wanted and more. Our wedding was low key with only 80 people and this place was prefect. The food tasted great and was plentiful. We also had them host our rehearsal. It was so nice not having to leave the resort for any reason. They had everything I needed.

I would recommend this venue to everyone in the Galena area. Even though the drive and location are remote, it was well worth it. Thank you to everyone at Chestnut that made our day so special.

Sent on 10/10/2014

Kathryn 路 Married on 09/06/2014

We had our wedding and reception at Chestnut and it was absolutely beautiful! Joan was very professional and accommodated any request that we had promptly. All of the staff was friendly and helpful and the view was like none other! We had our wedding in the tent and then took pictures out on the point. We were very happy with the entire experience.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Jayne 路 Married on 08/31/2014

After looking at several venues in Chicago, a friend suggested Chestnut Mountain Resort near Galena and we're so glad we decided to get married there! The view of the Mississippi at the Point was breathtaking and we knew that this was the right spot. Joan Dillon, their wedding coordinator, was consistently helpful, calm, competent, and a joy to work with. Bryan VanDerZyl, the food and beverage manager, was friendly and creative and everyone raved about our signature cocktail. The staff at the resort was flexible, kind, and accommodating. We and our guests felt well taken care of from the planning stages throughout the whole weekend of our wedding. We can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 05/14/2015
  • O

Olivia 路 Married on 05/25/2013

Chestnut Mtn. is so beautiful. We were supposed to get married out on the Pointe but it rained all day up until the moment we kissed, so we got married in the tent instead. Right as the ceremony was supposed to start the photographer noticed a dead branch on a tree the would be in the pictures and the grounds crew got a ladder and removed the branch! Every time we went up to Galena to speak with other vendors Chestnut Mtn. always took care of us. And every time I had a question my email was answered promptly. We can't wait for our first anniversary!! (They give you a free night stay!)

Sent on 10/16/2013

Stevi 路 Married on 05/27/2012

I can't be happier with my experience at Chestnut. The people (Joan) were fabulous to work with, the food was AMAZING, the view was spectacular. My friends and family are still talking about what a beautiful wedding it was -- and how good the food was!!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Kristina 路 Married on 06/25/2016

Chestnut was the most beautiful venue! We were married there on June 25th and while it was a bit hot, it was absolutely perfect. Joan was very helpful and flexible and made sure all of our requests worked out. Our wedding was out at the point with magnificent views and then our ceremony was in the tent. We had a fairly big wedding - 220 people and we fit in the tent well.

Sent on 07/14/2016
  • I

Ignasis 路 Married on 06/09/2018

My husband and I just married at Chestnut June 9th and we loved it! We planned our wedding out of state in Colorado for a year and a half and Joan did a wonderful job of communicating and quickly responding to our emails! Since we came from out of town Joan always comp'd us a room to stay the night at the resort when we had meetings with her and even paid for us to go skiing the first time we visited! The views were absolutely breathtaking and what we loved most about Chestnut was it's isolation. We immediately got 50 rooms blocked for our wedding and we used 47 of them! It was literally just our families taking over the resort that weekend and we loved how it was just us and no other events or people were intruding in our special weekend! The staff were wonderful as they helped hand out itineraries, stored 300 cupcake sized cheesecakes, and helped load and set up decorations, linens, chairs, and dinnerware! Our guests especially loved the trolley that transported them to and from the gorgeous ceremony site to the reception tent! The reception tent and the tables and decorations were set up perfectly and the staff once again were wonderful serving dinner and alcohol and making sure everyone had a drink and was content! The food was absolutely delicious! However one of our meals was a beef tenderloin with lobster cream sauce but we weren't served the sauce during dinner so my husband had to ask for gravy containers with the sauce to be placed at every table. Also, we had a cheesecake bar during the reception which was awesome but we were told that we couldn't have help handing them out or serving the toppings because it would cost extra even though we were paying a large amount per person. Lastly, we calculated the total based on the cost per person we were given but we forgot to include the 20% gratuity until 4 weeks before the wedding which added A LOT so make sure to include that in your calculations! Overall is was fantastic, perfect, and the best wedding ever!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Chestnut Mountain Resort's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Ignasis! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time here at Chestnut Mountain Resort and I will pass this along to Joan in her retirement!

Alli 路 Married on 10/07/2017

Chestnut Mountain Resort, and especially Joan Dillon (the events coordinator) were absolutely amazing during the two years that we planned our wedding. Joan went above and beyond to meet with us numerous times throughout the year, and communication was fantastic! She answered all of our questions and was able to accommodate all of our requests. Danielle, who coordinated the food and bar, was also very helpful! My only complaint is that some of the wait staff were a little rude to our guests during breakfast over the weekend, and the manager (Aaron I believe) was rude to my wedding planner when she was trying to pay the final balance/bill. Overall, though, my wedding was wonderful and I feel so blessed. I would definitely recommend Chestnut Mountain as a little destination location for your wedding!

Sent on 10/10/2017
  • TABITHA

TABITHA 路 Married on 08/24/2013

This place is absolutely gorgeous. The setting along along the Mississippi is beyond words.
    The staff was beyond accommodating & extremely helpful & friendly.
    We had our wedding ceremony at the bottom of the mountain & the trolleys they provided were perfection. The picturesque view was breathtaking. The reception was under the tent & they added on an additional bar tent to accommodate our large number of guests without them feeling crowded. Everything went off without complaint!
    My guests have had nothing but positive things to say about the resort itself & the staff. We especially adored the bar staff because we were a large drinking crew. Everyone was spot on!

Sent on 09/12/2013

Brooke 路 Married on 05/23/2015

The venue was gorgeous. We have amazing pictures. The staff working the tent blended in and people didn't even know they were there. Plates and glasses were removed immediately. The food and drinks were good.

Sent on 05/30/2015
  • Amy

Amy 路 Getting married on 08/14/2020

3.0
      1.0

Not A Good Experience

I was very displeased when my fiance and I went there for a tour and talk to someone about possibly hiring them as our venue. It seemed like the lady didn't care, and acted like we couldn't afford to have it there. It was very disappointing, since i do like to go out there every summer and hang out for a day!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Hello Amy,

I apologize that your experience with us was not up to your satisfaction. We strive to ensure that each couple is treated with fairness and taken through all of the different options that we offer here at the resort, no matter the size of party or budget.
    If you are still interested, I would be happy to personally sit down with you and go through everything.
    Again, I apologize for your experience, please let me know if you have any questions.
    Thank you.