Chesapeake Celebrations Reviews

40 Reviews for Chesapeake Celebrations

• Courtney

Courtney Shell · Getting married on 09/08/2021

Catering for Our Wedding

Chesapeake Celebrations was wonderful to work with for our wedding. They were flexible, especially during such unprecedented times with COVID when we were trying to limit contact with people, and the food was delicious! Literally everyone who came to our wedding was raving about it (especially the stuffed mushrooms!). The presentation for the food was beautiful, and the decorations they brought were very elegant. 100% would use them again for another event that we need catered, and 100% would recommend them to anyone else!

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Flounlacker · Getting married on 07/09/2021

Wonderful and impressive

Kevin and Kim were awesome from first contact through the wedding. The food was amazing! All of our guests raved about how great everything tasted. We were impressed how the quality of the food was so excellent for such a large amount of guests. It was as good as our intimate tasting. We highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Housetyrrell2020

Jacqueline · Getting married on 06/07/2021

Excellent customer service

My fiance and I were looking at this as out caterer for our wedding. The customer service and responsiveness to our questions was quick and friendly. This caterer would have been a great choice if my fiance and I hadn't chosen to go with a destination wedding instead!

Sent on 02/06/2019

Chesapeake Celebrations's reply:

Thank you Jacqueline, sorry we're not going to be a part of your Big Day but having a destination wedding sounds AWESOME!!
    My Best,
    Kim Dragovich
  • Krista

Krista Pettit · Getting married on 06/04/2021

Chesapeake Charities - Terrific!

Chesapeake Charities has delicious food and beautiful presentation. They prepare a wide range of food depending on your taste and budget restrictions. They are very professional, friendly, and accommodating. I look forward to hiring them again for another catering event. I have already recommended them to others.

Sent on 05/03/2019

Kirsten Leaberry · Married on 08/01/2020

Incredible Catering

When our destination wedding was canceled due to COVID-19, we had 3 months to replan our entire wedding, which included finding all new vendors for a small, intimate, backyard wedding. Chesapeake Celebrations catering was truly amazing. My mother and I worked with Kim who did everything in her power to ensure we had the perfect day. Kim was so responsive, accommodating, and wonderful. When our wedding location had to change for a second time, it was actually Kim who helped us find our final venue--- a beautiful house on the water in Centerville that was the perfect destination for an intimate backdoor wedding. Kim eased all my nerves and made the process simple. Kim and her team came by the house the day before the wedding to answer all our questions and prepare for the day. They came early the next day to set up, which included helping set up our tables and centerpieces. And wow, the food was so amazing. We were so impressed. There were multiple guests at my wedding who told me it was the best food they ever had at a wedding. My husband's contribution to this- "tell everyone to get the crab cakes and the chicken balls." We really could not have asked for a better caterer. Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/05/2020

Joann Walters · Married on 11/02/2019

Our Daughter's Wedding

Kevin cooked a feast for us! Several guests told us this was the BEST wedding dinner from the appetizers to the prime rib and crab cake dinner, especially notable since this was an Eastern Shore venue where it is tough to get high praises on crab cakes! Kim made sure every detail was handled, giving us great peace and comfort and we could relax and enjoy the celebration, which we did!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Walters · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing food and exceptional service!

Kim and Kevin are amazing to work with! The tasting in itself was exceptional. Kevin is an incredible chef and Kim was so responsive, easy-going, and always helping provide suggestions and advice to make our day easier and the best it could be! Even though the bride and groom hardly ever get to eat much of anything, the bits of both our cocktail hour appetizers and dinner that we got to enjoy were phenomenal! Everyone who came to our wedding is still raving about how good the food was and even asking who our caterer was to recommend them to others! I am very happy with our decision to use Chesapeake Celebrations for our wedding and will continuously recommend them to anyone who asks! Thank you all so much!

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Jodi

Jodi Usher · Married on 09/14/2019

This is your caterer!

Overall Experience: It started with an amazing tasting experience on Eastern Shore that was almost as memorable as the final menu. The memories of the wedding started here, as each dish that was served to us was better than the last. We had no trouble finalizing the menu on the spot, but you will have plenty of time to make modifications.

We planned a 175+ person formal wedding in less than 9 months and changed venues mid-planning. Chesapeake Celebrations helped us every step of the way. In addition to the menu, they assisted us with securing a second venue (ours was too small once we reached 150). We required more tables, chairs, linens, cocktail party tables, plates, utensils, bar, bar staff, everything! Our venue was a blank slate, so we needed it all. They coordinated directly with the venue, which saved us so much time.

Chesapeake Celebrations is a full service caterer and coordinator. Kim helped us to develop the timeline and kept the trains running on time. She knew every task that needed attention and she was truly an asset to the bride. We never felt like there were any hidden fees. Everything was discussed and addressed. If anything, they need to charge more for their services.

They even cut the cake without charging us extra. Some places wanted a dollar or two a person (if you can believe that!), so we saved several hundred dollars on that alone. They even handled the set-up of tables, break-down, and venue clean-up. Unbelievable service!

Wedding Food & Staff: The Teriyaki Meatballs was a huge hit! Beautiful cheese, fruit, and cracker display during cocktail hour was perfect. For dinner, we had the most savory Chicken Chesapeake paired perfectly with med-rare Prime Rib. Even folks who normally like meat well-done thought this was the most perfectly cooked beef. Our sides included fresh garlic asparagus and the BEST au gratin potatoes on- the- planet! There were other things served at the table (salad, rolls, etc.), but the main attraction was that prime rib and chicken.

Bridal Shower Food- The bridal shower food was equally specular. A simple, yet elegant spread of finger sandwiches, shrimp salad, cold salads, fruit (on theme with our tropical décor with a palm tree made out of pineapples and palm leaves). She dropped everything off an hour before the event and came back 30 minutes prior to wrapping up, just as we requested.

Everything at the wedding and shower was fresh, bright-colored, appropriately hot or cold, and always eloquently displayed. We were able to customize everything, even the drinks and beers we served. We had lemonade, iced tea; soda, juices… whatever you want, and they can serve it.

We would be remiss if we didn’t mention the support staff- wow! They really care about your guests. The bartenders were the absolute BEST. They really stood out because they interacted appropriately with guests and made everyone smile. We will definitely hire them for our Christmas and summer pool parties.

The entire experience with Chesapeake Celebrations far exceeded any expectation we had going into this event. Kim is so much more than a caterer, she is an exceptional problem solver, listener, and has the ability to translate your vision into a beautiful reality without breaking the bank. She is going to work with you and give you numerous options to fit your budget. You can go as sophisticated as black-tie or as casual as a BBQ. Kim and Kevin take great pride in their work and I cannot wait to work with them again!

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin Miller · Married on 09/01/2019

Wonderful food and experience

The chef is fantastic and was willing to customize the menu for us to suit our tastes and create a unique experience for our guests. We hired Chesapeake Celebrations to cater our rehearsal dinner as well as the wedding, and the guests from the rehearsal dinner were excited to have more food from them for the wedding. Everyone was easy to work with, very flexible, and very friendly. Several guests told us that they really loved the food and everything ran very smoothly. On top of that, the prices were very reasonable. We're very happy with Chesapeake Celebrations and highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Lindsey · Married on 09/08/2018

Where do I begin!? My experience with Kim was seamless from beginning to end. I gave her minimal guidance on a Bachelorette Party brunch and she knocked the menu out of the park for an excellent price. She knew exactly what I was looking for. On the day of, she showed up on time with a smile on her face. The brunch food was excellent and her homemade bloody mary mix was unmatched. My friends and I could not say enough good things about our experience ! I'd highly recommend her for any event you need to have catered.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Lora Hopman Beaudett · Married on 06/23/2018

Catered my son's wedding

It was a great pleasure working with Kim and Kevin for my son's wedding. They were very professional, as well as the staff, in both appearance and demeanor. From the tasting through the wedding, they were very accommodating with the choices that were made. They made sure that all the tables were setup the way that bride wanted. The food was simply amazing. We received a lot of compliments both during and after the wedding. We have used Kim and Kevin since then and always have the same quality of food and service. We will definitely use them again and again. Kim and Kevin thank you for making my son and his bride's day perfect!!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Nicole · Married on 04/28/2018

It’s the Pits was fabulous to work with. Highly recommend if you are looking for the best food and staff in town!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Nikki · Married on 04/28/2018

If you are looking for the best caterer in Queenstown, MD you have found them!! Thank you so much for helping make our special day unforgettable! Not only was the food exquisite the staff were polite, professional and such a delight to work with. Highly recommend for your special day!!!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Erica · Married on 10/28/2017

We were so impressed with its the pits! They did such an
    amazing job. The food was superb and the servers were attentive and very pleasant. I highly recommend using its the pits for your big day!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Holly · Married on 10/07/2017

It's the Pits/Chesapeake Celebrations is amazing!!!!! They happily responded to our every need and request to truly make our wedding as personalized as possible. The food was amazing and I'm still getting feedback from the guests on how great it was! Kim went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable as I was a very anxious bride! Kim and Chef Kevin made it every step of the journey a truly enjoyable experience every step of the way from the initial meeting and tasting to the night of the event and even into the day after clean-up. They are a full service, incredible, supportive group that has incredible taste and make delicious food!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Ellie · Married on 09/30/2017

I have personally known Kevin from It's The Pits since I was a kid so it was awesome for him and his team to be able to make my wedding wonderful! Doug the owner of It's The Pits has the kindest heart in the world and Kevin and Kim will work out every last minute detail with you. It was a huge stress relief to work with such a professional team. All of my guest raved about the food and left with happy bellies. The mac and cheese and crab dip were huge hits! I would recomment It's The Pits for any event causal or formal!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Katherine · Married on 08/26/2017

We booked it's the pits for a casual-ish reception for our wedding this year and it was an incredible decision. We wanted something low key, polished and most importantly delicious and they came through with great food and great service. Kim was easy to work with to get us just what we needed in our budget. She and was really communicative and made sure we had enough servers when we realized late that we might need more than we thought. We ended up with perfect food service, the team at It's the Pits were total pros, it was an incredible value and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/29/2017

Abbey · Married on 06/17/2017

We loved having Its The Pits BBQ as our wedding caterer since the moment we walked in the door. Kim gave my husband and I an amazing tasting with a table set for two and great food fresh from the chef. Along the way, Its The Pits helped us find ways to save money for our wedding budget and accommodated us with supplies in advance so that we could be prepared for the big day. When rain was in the forecast, the crew from Its The Pits remained flexible with decisions that were made last minute, and worked hard all day to serve our guests. I'm so glad we chose Its The Pits BBQ for their impeccable customer service, and delicious food!!! Highly recommend! Thank you Its The Pits BBQ!!!

Sent on 07/04/2017

Victoria · Married on 06/03/2017

We have used It's the Pits for our annual community party for the last 3 years. We have alway been pleased with the delicious food and wonderful service. Kim was most helpful and was always gracious with our last minute changes. We investigated other caterers on the Island, but It's the Pits beat all the other competitors in price, taste and variety of choice. They also catered my son's wedding 4 years ago. It was a delightful experience!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Susan · Married on 05/26/2017

We used them for a USNA grad party and we LOVED them!!!! They were super responsive, super flexible adding almost anything we asked, and the food was outstanding! They're beef brisket melts in your mouth with a fantastic seasoning on it, the smoked bbqd chicken was amazingly juicy and flavorful and their baby back ribs were tender and delicious!! You can't go wrong no matter what you order. Even their appetizers were top notch; peel and eat shrimp, crab dip and grilled veggie platter. Display and set up were beautifully done too and smiles and kindness from all staff! Honestly, you can't go wrong with It's The Pits!!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Emily · Married on 05/18/2017

We used It's the Pits for our wedding rehearsal dinner. It was affordable and Kim was so easy to work with. I didn't have to worry about a thing! She did a great job setting everything up and packaging the leftover food for us. Everyone commented on how delicious it was! We'll definitely contact It's the Pits in the future for other large events.

Sent on 05/18/2017

Karen · event on: 03/17/2017

We have used It's the Pit's on numerous community celebrations and have always been extremely please with the staff, food and service. Our celebrations started with 30 folks and now we have over 68 attendees for this one on the 17th. Excellent job Kevin and staff. Very pleased. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 03/18/2017

Carl · event on: 11/05/2016

The service provided by Kevin and Its the Pits exceeded my expectations in every area. From my first contact with Kevin, it was evident that his primary concern was my satisfaction in the outcome of my event. In all our communications to set things up, he was always prompt, courteous and professional. With respect to the food - it, too, exceeded my expectations. I ordered a whole, roasted pig and four side orders. The pig was hot, juicy, crisp and delicious. Each of the 4 side items I ordered was also delicious. Seriously, they were some of the best I have had. On the day of the event, Ron showed up with the pig, the sides, tables, serving bowls and utensils, warming pans for the hot food, etc. Not only did he set everything up, but spent about 45 minutes pulling all the meat from the pig so that it could be served to guests. Once the pig was pulled and people started eating, Ron made himself busy cleaning up after guests, and telling people about the food and the various sauces that were available. In all, the quality of the food and the service greatly enhanced the experience for all my guests. Great food and great service can be hard to come by these days, and they delivered on both. If I'm ever again in the market for catered food, Kevin and Its the Pits will be the first call I make. In short, based on my recent experience, I would not hesitate to recommend them to anybody seeking catering services. Give them a call, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised following your first contact. Everything that comes after that gets even better! Have questions? Feel free to drop my a line at the email below:

-c

Sent on 11/12/2016

Shelby · Married on 10/01/2016

OMG! These guys are the best... they made us feel so welcome and right at home when we came for our tasting. The food is awesome. The service is great. The response time is quick. The pricing is totally reasonable. What more could you ask for? Highly recommended! We will be getting meals here now too... love them!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Stacy · Married on 09/24/2016

Kim and Kevin were amazing! Not only were they understanding, flexible and responsive to our requests - they were incredibly fun to plan our wedding with from start to finish. I have received too many compliments on the food, presentation and attentiveness of Kim and Kevin's team. A++++ from the teacher and her new husband!

S + W 9.24.16