Chesapeake Celebrations Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Courtney
    Courtney S. Married on 09/08/2021

Catering for Our Wedding

Chesapeake Celebrations was wonderful to work with for our wedding. They were flexible, especially during such unprecedented times with COVID when we were trying to limit contact with people, and the food was delicious! Literally everyone who came to our wedding was raving about it (especially the stuffed mushrooms!). The presentation for the food was beautiful, and the decorations they brought were very elegant. 100% would use them again for another event that we need catered, and 100% would recommend them to anyone else!
  • Kerry
    Kerry B. Married on 07/31/2021

Kim and Kevin were amazing from start to finish!

We decided to use Chesapeake Celebrations after reviewing a total of 7 recommended caterers. My daughter, the bride, is very organized and had spread sheets for each one’s offerings, Costs and availability. She narrowed the search based on her phone interactions & gut reaction. After our tasting with Chesapeake celebrations, it was an incredibly easy decision. Their food as well as their costs were amazing! We were curious as to whether they could deliver their crab & steak to the level for 200 that they did for our tasting of 6….. and they 100% did! We received so many compliments on the dinner. Kim & Kevin also produced a late night snack of skyline chili to perfection. It was an unknown entity you them at first ( & most anyone outside of Ohio) but they nailed it. The whole staff, servers & bartenders, were professional and there were so many of them that the service was always at the ready.
    They truly contributed to my daughter’s dream day & we couldn’t be happier that we chose them. 4 more children to marry & we will certainly use them again!

Hi Kerry,

Thank you for taking the time to review our services, it is very much appreciated. It was our pleasure to be a part of Molly Lolli's :))) special day from the tasting to event you all were really fun from beginning to the day of :))). I will work on that Skyline Chili recipe until I get it right :))).

Please Keep in touch!!!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer F. Married on 07/09/2021

Wonderful and impressive

Kevin and Kim were awesome from first contact through the wedding. The food was amazing! All of our guests raved about how great everything tasted. We were impressed how the quality of the food was so excellent for such a large amount of guests. It was as good as our intimate tasting. We highly recommend them.
  • Housetyrrell2020
    Jacqueline Married on 06/07/2021

Excellent customer service

My fiance and I were looking at this as out caterer for our wedding. The customer service and responsiveness to our questions was quick and friendly. This caterer would have been a great choice if my fiance and I hadn't chosen to go with a destination wedding instead!

Chesapeake Celebrations's reply:

Thank you Jacqueline, sorry we're not going to be a part of your Big Day but having a destination wedding sounds AWESOME!!
    My Best,
    Kim Dragovich
  • Krista
    Krista P. Married on 06/04/2021

Chesapeake Charities - Terrific!

Chesapeake Charities has delicious food and beautiful presentation. They prepare a wide range of food depending on your taste and budget restrictions. They are very professional, friendly, and accommodating. I look forward to hiring them again for another catering event. I have already recommended them to others.
    Amanda Married on 05/22/2021

Perfection

Our wedding was May 2021 ♡

I stumbled upon Chesapeake Celebrations while searching Wedding Wire for wedding caterers based on the Eastern Shore of MD, since that was where my venue was going to be. The prices looked reasonable compared to everything else I was finding so I took a chance with low expectations and set up a food tasting.

Immediately, Kim was in communication with me and very professional. I was Shocked when she asked me what my vision was for the menu! I was thinking I would have to get the standard/cookie cutter wedding menu with little to no say. All I had to tell her was "I would like an Island/Tropical twist to the menu...sweet and spicy flavors". The food tasting day came and we were oh so pleasantly surprised! The food was So Good and they definitely incorporated flavors that made me feel like I was eating at a restaurant on a tropical island. Me, my Dad and my Husband are foodies and my Mom can be pretty picky....and we all agreed...No need to look any further!!!!! When I say they nailed it...THEY NAILED IT.

We had terayki meatballs and coconut shrimp for appetizers. A tropical themed salad, delicious tender pork (slightly spicy with a sweet glaze), crabcakes and a skirt steak with fingerling potatoes and vegetables. I was not the only one who thought these were the tastiest crabcakes I have ever had. Many guests told me and my parents how they have never been to a wedding where the food was actually GOOD! Everything was hot and delicious. Some guests when up for seconds! We went with a Buffet style and it really went smooth and the lines moved fast. Kim and her team of servers and bartenders were hustling and worked very hard to take care of things! Kim was always available to talk to my Mom and help he navigate through any of her ideas and give her recommendations based off of her exp at previous weddings. Kevin, the Chef, a man behind the scenes ...He really knows what he is doing! He deserves SO much credit! Ever since the tasting, my Dad started visiting their food truck weekly for his brisket and collard greens! They know him on a first name basis now, as he is a regular. They really are a little hidden gem.

If you do not want to break the bank and want excellent quality food and service...and to have a Say in what your menu looks like...Look no further!!!! We were Super pleased with everything and would pick them all overagain!

Chesapeake Celebrations's reply:

Hi Amanda, Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review of our services for your wedding. It was Kim's and my pleasure to be part of your special day :)) It makes us happy that we could be a part it. Please keep in touch :))))

• Inna
    Inna H. Married on 05/02/2021

Chesapeake Celebrations wedding catering!

We used Chesapeake Celebrations for our wedding on May 2nd. From the first time we contacted Kim, we immediately had a good feeling with the company and knew almost right away that we were going to use them.

We had the opportunity to create our own menu and have a tasting. Kevin, the chef was incredible and made sure that all the food was fresh and cooked to OUR liking. We did not know what to expect at our tasting, but we got full meals PLUS take home for others to try at no additional cost.

Kim was more than a caterer. She is extremely experienced and knowledgeable. She answered all of our questions and then some in a timely manner.

Day of our wedding, her and her staff made sure everything was as we requested and in acted in a very professional and friendly manner.

If we have another event big or small, they are 1st on the list for us to hire!

Inna,

Thank you for taking the time to show your gratitude, it is very much appreciated. It was our pleasure meeting you two and to be a part of your very special day :) we love what we do. I could tell that your families are very tight knit it was very nice to see :) :)
    Again
    Kirsten L. Married on 08/01/2020

Incredible Catering

When our destination wedding was canceled due to COVID-19, we had 3 months to replan our entire wedding, which included finding all new vendors for a small, intimate, backyard wedding. Chesapeake Celebrations catering was truly amazing. My mother and I worked with Kim who did everything in her power to ensure we had the perfect day. Kim was so responsive, accommodating, and wonderful. When our wedding location had to change for a second time, it was actually Kim who helped us find our final venue--- a beautiful house on the water in Centerville that was the perfect destination for an intimate backdoor wedding. Kim eased all my nerves and made the process simple. Kim and her team came by the house the day before the wedding to answer all our questions and prepare for the day. They came early the next day to set up, which included helping set up our tables and centerpieces. And wow, the food was so amazing. We were so impressed. There were multiple guests at my wedding who told me it was the best food they ever had at a wedding. My husband's contribution to this- "tell everyone to get the crab cakes and the chicken balls." We really could not have asked for a better caterer. Would highly recommend!!
    Joann W. Married on 11/02/2019

Our Daughter's Wedding

Kevin cooked a feast for us! Several guests told us this was the BEST wedding dinner from the appetizers to the prime rib and crab cake dinner, especially notable since this was an Eastern Shore venue where it is tough to get high praises on crab cakes! Kim made sure every detail was handled, giving us great peace and comfort and we could relax and enjoy the celebration, which we did!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer W. Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing food and exceptional service!

Kim and Kevin are amazing to work with! The tasting in itself was exceptional. Kevin is an incredible chef and Kim was so responsive, easy-going, and always helping provide suggestions and advice to make our day easier and the best it could be! Even though the bride and groom hardly ever get to eat much of anything, the bits of both our cocktail hour appetizers and dinner that we got to enjoy were phenomenal! Everyone who came to our wedding is still raving about how good the food was and even asking who our caterer was to recommend them to others! I am very happy with our decision to use Chesapeake Celebrations for our wedding and will continuously recommend them to anyone who asks! Thank you all so much!
  • Jodi
    Jodi U. Married on 09/14/2019

This is your caterer!

Overall Experience: It started with an amazing tasting experience on Eastern Shore that was almost as memorable as the final menu. The memories of the wedding started here, as each dish that was served to us was better than the last. We had no trouble finalizing the menu on the spot, but you will have plenty of time to make modifications.

We planned a 175+ person formal wedding in less than 9 months and changed venues mid-planning. Chesapeake Celebrations helped us every step of the way. In addition to the menu, they assisted us with securing a second venue (ours was too small once we reached 150). We required more tables, chairs, linens, cocktail party tables, plates, utensils, bar, bar staff, everything! Our venue was a blank slate, so we needed it all. They coordinated directly with the venue, which saved us so much time.

Chesapeake Celebrations is a full service caterer and coordinator. Kim helped us to develop the timeline and kept the trains running on time. She knew every task that needed attention and she was truly an asset to the bride. We never felt like there were any hidden fees. Everything was discussed and addressed. If anything, they need to charge more for their services.

They even cut the cake without charging us extra. Some places wanted a dollar or two a person (if you can believe that!), so we saved several hundred dollars on that alone. They even handled the set-up of tables, break-down, and venue clean-up. Unbelievable service!

Wedding Food & Staff: The Teriyaki Meatballs was a huge hit! Beautiful cheese, fruit, and cracker display during cocktail hour was perfect. For dinner, we had the most savory Chicken Chesapeake paired perfectly with med-rare Prime Rib. Even folks who normally like meat well-done thought this was the most perfectly cooked beef. Our sides included fresh garlic asparagus and the BEST au gratin potatoes on- the- planet! There were other things served at the table (salad, rolls, etc.), but the main attraction was that prime rib and chicken.

Bridal Shower Food- The bridal shower food was equally specular. A simple, yet elegant spread of finger sandwiches, shrimp salad, cold salads, fruit (on theme with our tropical décor with a palm tree made out of pineapples and palm leaves). She dropped everything off an hour before the event and came back 30 minutes prior to wrapping up, just as we requested.

Everything at the wedding and shower was fresh, bright-colored, appropriately hot or cold, and always eloquently displayed. We were able to customize everything, even the drinks and beers we served. We had lemonade, iced tea; soda, juices… whatever you want, and they can serve it.

We would be remiss if we didn’t mention the support staff- wow! They really care about your guests. The bartenders were the absolute BEST. They really stood out because they interacted appropriately with guests and made everyone smile. We will definitely hire them for our Christmas and summer pool parties.

The entire experience with Chesapeake Celebrations far exceeded any expectation we had going into this event. Kim is so much more than a caterer, she is an exceptional problem solver, listener, and has the ability to translate your vision into a beautiful reality without breaking the bank. She is going to work with you and give you numerous options to fit your budget. You can go as sophisticated as black-tie or as casual as a BBQ. Kim and Kevin take great pride in their work and I cannot wait to work with them again!

• Kristin
    Kristin M. Married on 09/01/2019

Wonderful food and experience

The chef is fantastic and was willing to customize the menu for us to suit our tastes and create a unique experience for our guests. We hired Chesapeake Celebrations to cater our rehearsal dinner as well as the wedding, and the guests from the rehearsal dinner were excited to have more food from them for the wedding. Everyone was easy to work with, very flexible, and very friendly. Several guests told us that they really loved the food and everything ran very smoothly. On top of that, the prices were very reasonable. We're very happy with Chesapeake Celebrations and highly recommend them!
    Lindsey Married on 09/08/2018
    Where do I begin!? My experience with Kim was seamless from beginning to end. I gave her minimal guidance on a Bachelorette Party brunch and she knocked the menu out of the park for an excellent price. She knew exactly what I was looking for. On the day of, she showed up on time with a smile on her face. The brunch food was excellent and her homemade bloody mary mix was unmatched. My friends and I could not say enough good things about our experience ! I'd highly recommend her for any event you need to have catered.
    Lora H. Married on 06/23/2018

Catered my son's wedding

It was a great pleasure working with Kim and Kevin for my son's wedding. They were very professional, as well as the staff, in both appearance and demeanor. From the tasting through the wedding, they were very accommodating with the choices that were made. They made sure that all the tables were setup the way that bride wanted. The food was simply amazing. We received a lot of compliments both during and after the wedding. We have used Kim and Kevin since then and always have the same quality of food and service. We will definitely use them again and again. Kim and Kevin thank you for making my son and his bride's day perfect!!
    Nicole Married on 04/28/2018
    It’s the Pits was fabulous to work with. Highly recommend if you are looking for the best food and staff in town!
    Nikki Married on 04/28/2018
    If you are looking for the best caterer in Queenstown, MD you have found them!! Thank you so much for helping make our special day unforgettable! Not only was the food exquisite the staff were polite, professional and such a delight to work with. Highly recommend for your special day!!!
    Erica Married on 10/28/2017
    We were so impressed with its the pits! They did such an
    amazing job. The food was superb and the servers were attentive and very pleasant. I highly recommend using its the pits for your big day!
    Holly Married on 10/07/2017
    It's the Pits/Chesapeake Celebrations is amazing!!!!! They happily responded to our every need and request to truly make our wedding as personalized as possible. The food was amazing and I'm still getting feedback from the guests on how great it was! Kim went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable as I was a very anxious bride! Kim and Chef Kevin made it every step of the journey a truly enjoyable experience every step of the way from the initial meeting and tasting to the night of the event and even into the day after clean-up. They are a full service, incredible, supportive group that has incredible taste and make delicious food!
    Ellie Married on 09/30/2017
    I have personally known Kevin from It's The Pits since I was a kid so it was awesome for him and his team to be able to make my wedding wonderful! Doug the owner of It's The Pits has the kindest heart in the world and Kevin and Kim will work out every last minute detail with you. It was a huge stress relief to work with such a professional team. All of my guest raved about the food and left with happy bellies. The mac and cheese and crab dip were huge hits! I would recomment It's The Pits for any event causal or formal!
    Katherine Married on 08/26/2017
    We booked it's the pits for a casual-ish reception for our wedding this year and it was an incredible decision. We wanted something low key, polished and most importantly delicious and they came through with great food and great service. Kim was easy to work with to get us just what we needed in our budget. She and was really communicative and made sure we had enough servers when we realized late that we might need more than we thought. We ended up with perfect food service, the team at It's the Pits were total pros, it was an incredible value and I highly recommend them.
    Abbey Married on 06/17/2017
    We loved having Its The Pits BBQ as our wedding caterer since the moment we walked in the door. Kim gave my husband and I an amazing tasting with a table set for two and great food fresh from the chef. Along the way, Its The Pits helped us find ways to save money for our wedding budget and accommodated us with supplies in advance so that we could be prepared for the big day. When rain was in the forecast, the crew from Its The Pits remained flexible with decisions that were made last minute, and worked hard all day to serve our guests. I'm so glad we chose Its The Pits BBQ for their impeccable customer service, and delicious food!!! Highly recommend! Thank you Its The Pits BBQ!!!
    Victoria Married on 06/03/2017
    We have used It's the Pits for our annual community party for the last 3 years. We have alway been pleased with the delicious food and wonderful service. Kim was most helpful and was always gracious with our last minute changes. We investigated other caterers on the Island, but It's the Pits beat all the other competitors in price, taste and variety of choice. They also catered my son's wedding 4 years ago. It was a delightful experience!
    Susan Married on 05/26/2017
    We used them for a USNA grad party and we LOVED them!!!! They were super responsive, super flexible adding almost anything we asked, and the food was outstanding! They're beef brisket melts in your mouth with a fantastic seasoning on it, the smoked bbqd chicken was amazingly juicy and flavorful and their baby back ribs were tender and delicious!! You can't go wrong no matter what you order. Even their appetizers were top notch; peel and eat shrimp, crab dip and grilled veggie platter. Display and set up were beautifully done too and smiles and kindness from all staff! Honestly, you can't go wrong with It's The Pits!!
    Emily Married on 05/18/2017
    We used It's the Pits for our wedding rehearsal dinner. It was affordable and Kim was so easy to work with. I didn't have to worry about a thing! She did a great job setting everything up and packaging the leftover food for us. Everyone commented on how delicious it was! We'll definitely contact It's the Pits in the future for other large events.
    Karen Event on: 03/17/2017
    We have used It's the Pit's on numerous community celebrations and have always been extremely please with the staff, food and service. Our celebrations started with 30 folks and now we have over 68 attendees for this one on the 17th. Excellent job Kevin and staff. Very pleased. Highly recommend!!!