53 Reviews for Chesapeake Bay Foundation

Bridal Suite (7)
Tables (6)
Wheelchair Access (6)
Scenic Views (5)
Preferred Vendors Only (5)
Parking (5)
Event Rentals (4)
Event Planning (3)
Wireless Internet (1)
Decor (1)
51 Chesapeake Bay Foundation Reviews

Chesapeake Bay Foundation is a beautiful venue and can accommodate beautiful weather or not so good! They were very helpful. We enjoyed having our daughter's wedding there in October.

Profile Picture Mary, 10/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Tents, Bridal Suite, Preferred Vendors Only, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

This is an amazing venue! Beautiful views from every vantage and the staff are very helpful. The coordinators Kimrey and Emily, were professional, easy to work with, and excited about supporting our wedding. They also worked seamlessly with the caterer and the rental company. You are the only wedding there so you can take your time and run the wedding as you like. Tent included in the rental fee which helped on costs.

Profile Picture Beth, 10/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We were so happy we choose to have our wedding at CBF! It was beautiful! We loved the layout of the venue. We had our ceremony at a church in Annapolis so we did cocktail hour on the beach and the reception up on the deck and in the ballroom. We did stations and were so happy with the results. There was lots of room for dancing and hanging out. We had 175 guests and it did not feel too crowded. We had a perfect day for it!

Photo
Profile Picture Kathleen, 9/30/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Event Rentals, Tables, Tents, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Emily and the team at CBF were extremely easy to work with. The setting is really unique and beautiful, and we were thrilled to be able to do the ceremony on the beach despite a less-than-ideal weather forecast. Emily was extremely helpful in helping us think through the options for bad weather plans, which luckily we didn't end up needing. The space is private, and arrival/departure for our guests was really a breeze. We couldn't have asked for a better venue experience, and would definitely consider doing other events there if the opportunity came up.

Profile Picture Melanie, 5/13/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Tables, Tents, Parking, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

What a BEAUTIFUL venue with such wonderful people to work! They made the entire process so easy for us during the planning process and were very accommodating. So happy with our choice to get married here!

Profile Picture Alison, 9/23/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding here two weeks ago and it was INCREDIBLE! I truly don't believe we would have had the wedding of our dreams anywhere else. The beach is just beautiful and together with the indoor dining area (with 360 views of the Bay!), and the deck overlooking the beach (which is already tented!), it is so unique as a venue. Private, roomy, and incredibly flexible, this place is perfect for ocean-loving individuals. Also, the building is Platinum LEED certified, so you can have a green wedding! This was really important to us and our guests really enjoyed the building's features- the composting, waterless toilets, rainwater sinks, green roof, etc. Thanks for the perfect setting for our wedding, CBF!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We just had our wedding at CBF and it was AMAZING. So beautiful. I can't say enough about the venue. The cost seems on par for the area since you can bring in your own vendors/alcohol. Amanda was super helpful and the staff there the day-of helped make everything go off without a hitch! It was a hot August day, but the deck was shaded and cool and getting married under the tree worked well. I can definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for the perfect beach/Annapolis wedding!

Profile Picture Abbey, 8/13/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Event Rentals, Covered Outdoor, Indoor

Great venue! CBF is a unique venue that allows you to customize your wedding. Gorgeous waterfront with dock and deck. Our guests could not stop raving about the venue. So many different options for ceremony and reception, and the whole place is yours for the day- no sharing with other weddings. If you don't want a cookie-cutter wedding at some hotel, then I highly recommend CBF. Although you get to customize every last detail, the staff at CBF are great to work with and have fantastic recommended vendors that are use to the space.

Profile Picture Sara, 6/18/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

The Chesapeake Bay Foundation was the "cherry on top" regarding our daughter's wedding! Why would you go anywhere else when you have a gem like this. People come to Annapolis to see the beauty of the Bay and all that it has to offer. We looked at Hotels, Restaurants etc. for our daughter's wedding reception, none offered a view like the CBF!!! You get a true taste/view of Maryland at the CBF. THANK YOU

Profile Picture Monica, 4/30/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Event Rentals, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

This was everything that we were looking for in a wedding venue! Absolutely gorgeous terrain, with beaches, wild grasses, and gentle paths to explore for guests and wedding party alike. Taken together with the vital mission of the Chesapeake Bay Foundation, I could not be happier to have spent my wedding day in this beautiful space. The team were really flexible and understanding; my husband and I live outside the country, and Amanda worked with us to ensure that all details were completed (even across the ocean). I can't imagine getting married anywhere else.

Profile Picture Katya , 9/20/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our reception at the Chesapeake Bay Foundation, and it was absolutely incredible. First, the venue is absolutely stunning - like something from a magazine. The room where dinner is set up has 3 walls of huge windows giving a full view of the whole bay, the deck and the surrounding trees/field. the entrance is a gorgeous atrium with a sailboat suspended above, and basically 3 story windows.

Here's a bit about the details: First, Amanda, the event coordinator, is a joy to work with - she's so responsive, flexible, and really sweet. She even gave me great recommendations for vendors when I had no idea where to start. We had 148 people - seated 100 people inside, left the double doors open and the rest of the tables extend outside on the deck. We worried that on August 1st it would be too hot, but with the bay breeze it was perfect. The brand new permanent white tents gave us reassurance when it threatened rain - it never did rain, but there was a beautiful rainbow which we could see over the bay bridge during dinner. We brought bocce ball and badminton (they have a net set up down the beach), and the kids played around during cocktail hour. The band setup on the deck was PERFECT - the dancing area was the ideal size/location to be accessible and not awkward. With the soft warm lights under the tent, we didn't have to do anything for lighting. The guests wandered down the dock to look at the stars, and put their feet in the water. (One recommendation - get some chairs to put down on the beach - people would have sat down there).

All of our guests (we realize the bias) said that this was the most beautiful reception that they've ever been to. I completely agree. We cannot say enough (as you can see by our long review). And bonus...proceeds go to the Bay foundation. What a great cause.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/1/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved everything about our wedding at CBF. Amanda was very attentive and flexible with me throughout the planning process. The deck is a great place to dance the night away, even if it rains! They were extremely accommodating after we had a small issue with seating at dinner arrangements and we couldn't be happier with how our day went!

Profile Picture Sophie, 9/6/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a wonderful experience from the first time we visited the venue til the actual wedding day! I can honestly say it was perfect from start to finish! Amanda (CBF contact) made everything sooo nice & easy for us..so much so that my 7 year old daughter said to her 'thanks so much for helping my mom and making her day so special!' CBF is the perfect wedding venue for soo many reasons...wish we could celebrate there every weekend! :)

Profile Picture nicole, 8/23/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chris Gorri is an absolute pleasure to work with at the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. Our wedding reception was originally scheduled at another Annapolis Venue and then we caught wind through the rumor mill that CBF had pushed their construction project back and were once again accepting applications for Fall 2011 Weddings. Months away from our big day, we switched to CBF in a heartbeat. I'm not sure how much of a secret CBF is in the Annapolis area anymore, but I do know it is one of the best wedding venues in the area. The waterfront views are breathtaking, their experience in handling weddings speaks for itself, and you have the flexibility to use whatever vendors you choose!

I would highly recommend you talk to Chris at CBF if you are interested in your guests having a truly unique Annapolis wedding experience. And, like many other posters have stated, your rental fee/donation is going towards a great cause. Beautiful facility to have a wedding reception/and/or ceremony.

Profile Picture Lauri, 10/1/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our vow renewal ceremony at CBF in May 2010. I had been to a wedding previously at this venue and fell in love with it.

I had a challenge of planning this event when I live in VA and it was going to be in MD. Thanks to a fabulous caterer, The Main Ingredient, it made the distance hardly an issue.

I will agree, I was not used to paying a fee for just the use of the location. We actually chose to have our reception on a Friday evening and saved TONS of money all around. The location itself is so beautiful that you do not need much decoration to make it work. You know how every bride has a vision on their head of what they would like to have their day look like? Well, CBF delivered on every front. It is such a natural beautiful, romantic setting. But it also is a very comfortable setting for your guests too. By having your event on a Friday, you actually get the most bang for your buck because you have use of the facility from 3pm til 11pm. And yes, while choosing a site that is just "venue" only, you do have a little extra work to pick out table/chairs/linens, but I can't stress enough, if you have the right caterer, your life is easy! I truly recommend The Main Ingredient because they are used to working with this site and they know all the in's and out's to make your life easy.

This venue works best for about 100-140 people. We had exactly 100 people and you never felt crowed or too spread out either. Now, while the front of the building when you pull up isn't that eye pleasing, TRUST ME, when you walk out to the deck, you will immediately forget about it. Parking is wonderful and lots of it. You have access to your own "dressing" room or just a room to get away from and we actually ended up letting our band use that. It was great size though and would easily accommodate about 25 people.

I think the thing I liked best was that it was a private venue that we didn't have to share with anyone. Being able to say your vows on the beach and then come up to the deck and then dining room is so nice. Being able to stay in one location is really nice too and not just for the wedding party but also for your guests as well. It is also about 5 miles from downtown Annapolis and really close (about 6 miles) from all the hotels on Riva Road. Getting to and from is quite easy.

I highly recommend this location for your wedding or ANY event for that matter. I would be happy to share our pictures with you should you want.

HAPPY PLANNING!

Darcy Thompson

Profile Picture Nat, 5/7/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is a gorgeous location and a wonderful organization. We loved getting married on the beach and Chris was very helpful. Thanks!

Profile Picture Ellen, 8/1/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Chesapeake Bay Foundation was the perfect place for our wedding. We were looking for a place that was on the water and had a really natural feel, but didn't require guests to go across the Bay Bridge or far from BWI, where many guests were flying in. It's not cheap, but we loved that we were supporting a foundation rather than giving our money to a hotel or other business. It's obvious that event coordinator Chris Gorri is a very busy guy but he always got back to me within a reasonable amount of time and was helpful with vendor recommendations and other information. It was so fun to get married out on the beach in such a beautiful place. I was a little concerned about turing the Canvasback room, which is usually used for meetings, into a reception room but it turned out beautifully. We were also able to use the room upstairs for a babysitter to watch a few children, so that worked out well. Our photos on the beach and in the tall grasses and natural environment around the venue are also really incredible!

Profile Picture Laura, 5/30/09, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The event coordinator was so involved with our ceremony, down to the last detail. The venus was absolutely stunning. We wanted an outdoor wedding on the water, and every guest commented on the spectacular views and originality of the location.

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/27/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chesapeake Bay Foundation is such a wonderful place! Emily kept planning easy and us on track through the whole process. Our friends and family couldn't stop gushing about how beautiful of a venue it is. Its awesome that its not just a pretty place but also does so much good for the Bay. I would recommend this incredible venue to anyone.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kc, 8/12/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Tents

We loved this venue. It is a gorgeous location with an awesome deck and lots of parking. Having the ceremony on the deck would not have been ideal though so we opted for a chilly/moist ceremony on the beach. We love that is a super "green" office which reflected our values.

Profile Picture Juliane, 5/21/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would recommend this venue for a wedding event. Incredibly the weather was perfect that day.
The price was reasonable for a venue that provided two tents and a dinner reception area. One
could get married on the beach under a tree canopy with the water in the background at Chesapeake Bay Foundation. It was an absolutely a beautiful site for a wedding.

Profile Picture User4018160, 2+ years ago, 1 Review

WOW!!! What a venue!
Having been to dozens of weddings... this place is amazing! The facility, the deck, the dock, the beach, the grounds, etc...
Gorgeous views. Good for evening weddings.
Drawback (but also could be good) is that the size of site limits the number of people who can attend.

Profile Picture Mark, 9/19/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I worked with the event planner, Chris, at CBF, and he was absolutely great to work with. We had our ceremony on the beach and reception inside their room and on the covered deck. Apparently the lights don't dim all the way inside, so they always recommend the dance floor be out on the deck, which I didn't want, but it turned out fine. Their building (the Philip Merrill Center) is really cool, very environmentally friendly (but don't let that scare you, all the amenities are just perfect), with architecture that lends itseld to really cool pictures. The beach was great, of course, though I wished I had some sort of walkway that I could've put down as an aisle over the sand. The scenery is so beautiful, and I got so many awesome pictures, I highly, highly recommend CBF! It may be a little pricey, but it's really nice that at least you're giving money to such a great environmental foundation, not someone who built a place for the sole purpose of taking your money.

Profile Picture Sandie, 4/27/07, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a wonderful experience planning and hosting our wedding at CBF. Emily was a joy to work with. The view is unrivaled and we never stressed about bad weather because there were good back up options (which thankfully we didn't have to use). The cost is steep, but it felt good to be giving back to a great cause. There are also some limitations due to the green facility, but they were upfront about everything and it didn't affect us at all. We and our guests had the most special day.

Profile Picture Laura, 6/3/17, 5 Reviews