46 Reviews for Cheryl Roeske Harpist

Flute (2)
Instrumental-Duo (1)
Instrumental-Trio (1)
Cocktail Hour (1)

An excellent musician and professional! I was QUITE impressed by her beautiful music. She collaborated with another music and added so much to the service.

Profile Picture Matthew, 6/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Cheryl Roeske is a professional harp player who is highly competent. She is punctual and professional. She provides a great quality service, always asking what are the special needs of each customer. She is a delight to work with.

Profile Picture Robert, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I, the mother-of-the-bride, would give Cheryl Roeske the highest recommendation possible. At our request, she put together a top-notch trio including herself, a harpist; Eric Abalahin, a flutist; and Joshua Bermudez, a cellist; and they played the ceremony music for our daughter's church wedding in March, 2017. All three are excellent musicians and played a beautiful mini-concert of classical music for the prelude, processionals, recessional, and postlude. Many guests commented on what a joy the music had been; even the minister said from the pulpit it was one of the most beautiful weddings he had ever officiated because the music was so exceptional and inspiring. In addition to the quality of their performance, I give all three, but especially Cheryl, as leader of the group, high marks for agreeability (I was very fussy about choosing the music, avoiding most of the standards) and flexibility. The start of the ceremony was delayed because of the late arrival of the bus from the hotel and some problems getting the wedding party organized, but you'd never know it because the trio continued to play very professionally four additional classical pieces to fill up the time. I know Cheryl also plays as a harp soloist and with a variety of instrumentalists, in combination with many more harpists, with a flute or violin as a duet.. . . and I am sure all are very pretty. She is an experienced, versatile musician. I personally and especially love the sound of these three instruments together: the harp for its gentle ethereal rolling background, the flute for its clear soaring melodies, and the cello for its deep, sonorous, and mellow support. It's gorgeous! I found Cheryl very easy to work with as well. She is reliable, accommodating, and very patient. Hire her, with no reservations whatsoever.

Profile Picture Virginia, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Cheryl (plus a flutist and cellist) did the ceremony music for us at our church. Cheryl is an incredible musician and was excellent at helping us choose music for our ceremony. My mother was very "hands on" about the music (lots of questions and requests for info), and Cheryl was extremely patient, flexible, and understanding about that. Cheryl felt it was unnecessary to attend the rehearsal, which made my mom nervous, but everything was perfect on the wedding day. Set up was flawless and music was absolutely beautiful. Cheryl knows a lot of very talented musicians who play a variety of instruments, and was willing to pull together a trio of musicians that worked very well together. Suggestion: Text messages seemed to be the most effective way to communicate with Cheryl. HIGHLY recommend, if music is important to you.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 3/18/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Instrumental-Trio, Flute

Book her as early as possible! She is much in demand!

Profile Picture User7509638, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Entertainer

Wonderful performance! Absolutely delightful to deal with. We will be in touch again for the next performance.

Profile Picture User6946502, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Our wedding was The Experience2016. Cheryl was the perfect addition to our wedding ceremony at the Sheraton North Hotel in Towson, Maryland to ensuring our guest got a true experience. Cheryl was responsible for setting the atmosphere as our guests arrived. The ceremony was an evening black tie affair and guests absolutely loved her selections. Before and during the ceremony the harp echoed beautifully. Cheryl was lovely and her entire process was easy, from beginning to end! She is responsive and reliable, a perfect score.

Profile Picture Quinhon, 6/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Cheryl has a wonderful cd that will help you decide what songs to play during your event. Cheryl is professional and responsive. She plays beautifully and was enjoyed by all of our guests. She will deliver a performance that you've never seen before.

Profile Picture Elizabeth , 6/8/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Harp, Ceremony, Instrumental-Solo

Cheryl is reliable, professional, talented and efficient.

Profile Picture Sherisse, 12/4/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Harp

Cheryl is wonderful. She realized the wedding of my dreams!

Profile Picture User5494778, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Harp, Ceremony, Instrumental-Solo

Cheryl along with a flutist (Craig Marlow) and soloist (Audrey Moise) provided the ceremony music for my Sept 26, 2015 wedding in Georgetown. They were ALL phenomenal!! They exceeding my expectation. It was a sincere pleasure to work with Cheryl. Her gold harp and music is angelic. I would highly recommend them for your special event.

Profile Picture April, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Instrumental-Solo, Flute, Harp, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

Ms. Roeske was absolutely wonderful!! Everybody is still raving about Ms. Roeske's music a month after the event. Ms. Roeske played all of our requests so beautifully. Her music is simply breathtaking! She was so professional and was well dressed for our event. I would not hesitate to use Ms. Roeske's services again in the future.

Profile Picture Shoko, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Cheryl was there early to set up. She was flexible when the weather conditions moved the wedding from outside to inside. The music was beautiful, just like we've dreamed!

Profile Picture User4607912, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

She's a very talented harpist. Very skilled at making melodious sound. Her interpretations are very artistic and pleasing to the ear. She is very professional and is reliable.

Profile Picture User4640038, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Cheryl's playing for our wedding was absolutely the best choice that we could have made. The sounds of her beautiful golden harp was the most incredible music that anyone could imagine for their wedding or any event. The choice of music that she chose for us was better than any Disc Jockey could have played, I tried everything in my power to hold back the tears because it was just simply beautiful. You must booked Cheryl Roeske (Harpist) for your special day or event.

Profile Picture Donna, 8/30/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

While Cheryl was unable to play at our event due to a scheduling conflict caused by snowfall in the DC area, she was the consummate professional throughout the entire process.

She was very helpful assisting myself and my bride with musical selections for our ceremony. Once the conflict arose due to rescheduling the wedding, she went above and beyond to find us replacements harpists to choose from at no additional cost or hassle to us.

Cheryl demonstrated a level of professionalism, friendliness and class you rarely see in people these days. You would be hard pressed to find a better person to enhance your special day.

Profile Picture Robert, 2/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Cheryl was very flexible, professional and easy to work with. She even offered suggestions of other instruments (and provided some contacts) if I decided not to use a harp, but in the end I decided to book Cheryl for our wedding and it was perfect!

Profile Picture Z, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Cheryl is a pleasure to work with. She is extremely professional and responsive. She provided us with a CD of her music and recommended the perfect combination of classical and contemporary music for the event. Everyone loved the music. The harp is such a beautiful instrument, wedding attendees from out of town inquired about how to get a harp and harp lessons and Chery quickly provided information on who to contact. You will enjoy working with Cheryl; she'll add the perfect touch to you special event.

Profile Picture Gerda, 8/17/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Ms. Roeske was very thoughtful and strategic in the selection of musical options and in her interaction with the wedding planner and the bride and groom.

Profile Picture Gerald, 8/17/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We had cheryl play the harp during our cocktail hour and she played beautifully. We got a lot of comments from our guest on how much they enjoyed her!

Profile Picture cristina, 8/3/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Cheryl was a pleasure. Very polite. Music was appropriate for the occasion. Have contracted her for another engagement.

Profile Picture Joyce, 5/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Quite simply, Cherly Roeske is an AMAZING harpist and just personifies elegance. We had our wedding at the Hay-Adam's (at the Top of the Hay) and Cherly was the perfect compliment to our day. Her talents are extraordinary matched only by her grace and manner in which she plays. What's really nice is that several days have passed since our wedding and our family and friend still continue to rave about Cherly's talents. What I'm most thankful for you is that I had the privilege of getting married to most amazing woman (my wife). And I will never forget the image her walking down the isle with the subtle and beautiful sounds of Cheryl playing the harp in the background. That is a memory that I will savor and never forget. It was sublime. Thank you Cherly for helping make our day so special. You are absolutely wonderful and my wife and I are so glad that we had the pleasure of meeting you. We will be referring you to our friends and business associates EVERY opportunity we get!!!! We are already looking forward to hearing you in concert in September 2012!

Chadwich & Ayumi

Profile Picture Chadwich, 7/10/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Cheryl was easy to work with and very professional. The music for our ceremony was beautiful. I would recommend her to any bride!!!

Profile Picture Raushann, 7/8/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We wanted a unique sophisticated touch to our reception. Cheryl and her music provided just that classic, subtle experience for which we were looking. Many of our guests seated themselves and enjoyed the heavenly music.If I were to ever have an event that required that effect again, I would happily ask for Cheryl.

Profile Picture Suzanne, 5/28/11, 1 Review