Cherrywood String Quartet and Ensembles Reviews

150 | Lancaster, PA

150 Reviews for Cherrywood String Quartet and Ensembles

1 User photo

Jessica · Married on 01/13/2018

Cherrywood Strings did an amazing job at the ceremony and cocktail hour of our wedding! They have a large repertoire list, but were able to play songs we requested that were not on their list and, in our case, were not charged extra for the service. Definitely recommend Cherrywood!

Sent on 01/28/2018

I had a small problem with email. I tried to email a couple times, but got a email sent back saying my emails were not received because the inbox was full, other than that, everything was great and I got lots of compliments on the ceremony music! Just a very minor detail.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Kelly · Married on 10/15/2016

Very flexible and easy to work with. They had a great selection of music, both classical and modern, and it was awesome that they had almost the entire Piano Guys song library for us to pick from for our cocktail hour. We also loved that they had geeky selections, like Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Batman, and Star Wars, to add a personal touch to our wedding ceremony. Many guests commented on how great the music was for the cocktail hour. Cherrywood was also probably the most reasonably priced professional musicians in the area. Great experience!

Sent on 12/03/2016

When it came to deciding ceremonial music, we knew that a string quartet would match the tone to the ceremony. Our wedding planner suggested Cherrywood String Ensembles and we are so glad she did! Brian was so easy to work with and very responsive to emails. The pieces we selected were obscure, as we wanted to refrain from using the same regurgitated songs played at every single wedding ceremony. They took that challenge on with smiles, Brian transposed the selected pieces, and they sounded gorgeous! We have received so many compliments on the ceremonial music. Thank you, Cherrywood String Ensembles for enriching our ceremony with such rich, full sounds! We cannot sing enough praises about you!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Tony · Married on 02/14/2015

Brian and his string quartet were amazing and provided us with exactly what we were looking for on our special day.

Sent on 02/28/2015

Tyler · Married on 09/20/2014

Cherrywood String Quartet provided us with beautiful music on our wedding day. We had an outdoor wedding that with the string quartet playing through our ceremony and cocktail hour it was perfect. The group played all the songs we requested and sounded wonderful.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Laura · Married on 06/15/2013

Very prompt, fast email responses, played requests that were not on their play lists. Sounded fabulous! Would recommend to anyone getting married!

Sent on 06/19/2013

I was hidden from view so I couldn't hear them play, but I'm rating them well for:
    -The variety of pieces they offered. They had everything. Many different styles too.
    -They followed my instructions to play my processional song at the main theme, rather than the lead up.
    -They winded down another song when they saw me approaching. I never even talked to them about the queue and they knew what to do. That was a relief.
    -Guests said they loved the music.
    -I think they may have played a song after the ceremony because they didn't have time to play during the prelude.
    -Learned a Rachmaninoff song for me.

Sent on 07/14/2013
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 06/04/2011

I wish I could have heard them more, but they played the ceremony and cocktail hour. They did a nice job and played what I requested.

Sent on 06/15/2011
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth B. · Married on 01/06/2019

Music was lovely and all the guests raves about the warmth and feeling it added to the ceremony and cocktail hour.

Super! We really enjoyed their music!

Sent on 02/16/2019
  • User7898333 · event on: 03/09/2017

Cherrywood String Ensembles were the perfect addition to our corporate event.

Sent on 03/13/2017

Kristin · Married on 07/16/2016

Cherywood was the icing on the cake for my ceremony. The venue was perfect for a string quartet and they sounded gorgeous! I also loved that I was able to pick all modern songs for the pre and post ceremony and then do traditional for the actual ceremony. They pretty much play anything you request. They were on time and professional. Thanks!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Cherrywood Ensemble was exactly what I hoped for my wedding ceremony. Their music was beautiful, the team was flexible, and Brian worked with me to customize the music for my ceremony. Can't say enough about them.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/01/2013

Cherrywood String quartet provided beautiful music during our ceremony and cocktail hour - we would definitely recommend using them for your wedding or other special event. Brian was very responsive and easy to work with.

Sent on 06/10/2013

C · Married on 07/23/2011

The music was amazing and even the pastor remarked at the professionalism of the musicians. I couldn't have been happier with my choice. The only reason I gave them a 4 on flexibility is because of their instruments you have to be aware of the temperature of where you want them to play.

Sent on 08/02/2011

Pamela G. · Married on 09/28/2013

Cherrywood ensembles was a pleasure to work with. My fiance and I were able to listen to their music ahead of time before making our decision. It was the best decision we could have made. Brian handled every detail and was courteous and professional. Consider this group for your special event - you'll not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/02/2013

Anna · Married on 02/01/2012

3.5

Cherrywood quartet was very understanding about some family emergencies that made us postpone for two other dates. I was worried we wouldn't have any music because of the changes, but they were so friendly and made our wedding day very special. I would recommend them to anyone looking for live musicians.

Sent on 02/04/2012

Leah · Married on 05/07/2011

Cherrywood Ensembles did a wonderful job for our ceremony music! Guests were impressed by the music choices - I chose a few popular songs which the ensemble played beautifully. Brian was very easy to work with and accommodated all my requests. The value for their services can't be beat and I was very happy with them and have recommended to others! My only criticism is that on the wedding day an ensemble member said they wouldn't set up until they were paid, but I had sent the check in the week before. It caused a bit of frustration as my maid of honor had to deal with the situation, but in the end all worked out great. Probably just a mix up that should have been straightened out prior to the ceremony. Otherwise everything was superb!

Sent on 07/18/2011
  • mrsmoyer11

Catie · Married on 10/09/2011

This is an extremely professional group of musicians. Brian has excellent credentials and works with a talented group of musicians. On top of that, he communicates well, which, for a bride planning a long-distance wedding like me, was very appreciated. We had the string duet at our outdoor ceremony and they arranged a song by the Arcade Fire for our recessional (for a very reasonable fee). The arrangement was done really well and I appreciated their willingness to personalize selections for us. Overall, I was very satisfied with their performance.

Sent on 10/29/2011

Esther · Married on 07/03/2016

Brian was really great to deal with. They were flexible with our music choices and worked with me directly to get the bridal entry song just right. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Jane · Married on 09/28/2013

We hired Cherrywood based on the recommendation of our wedding planner, JDK. The entire process from start to finish was very organized and all done through email. There is a standard form of set list that you complete a few months in advance of your date. In fact, I never even met the group even on our wedding day. The music that they played during our ceremony and cocktail hour was beautiful and made our event stand apart as classic and timeless. We did not have any special requests or go outside of their standard set list because it is so large and includes all the songs you could ever want (even some modern non-classical songs). I would highly recommend Cherrywood if you want to take you wedding to the next level. I did not shop around for a string ensemble, but I can say that the money spent was well worth it.

Sent on 10/28/2013

4.2

Brian was very quick to respond and was willing to help and answer any questions. Unfortunately, as the bride you don't get to hear most of the music or even really see the group. However, what I could hear walking down the aisle sounded great. I had no issues or problems with anything. I would recommend them to others! I am very happy with the group and music I chose.

Sent on 09/15/2013

Diane · Married on 10/09/2010

Easy to work with, large variety of songs that you can choose from. Guests were very impressed with the music.

Sent on 10/31/2010

Julia · Married on 06/15/2018

3.8
      2.5

The musicians that came to our wedding were very professional and did a wonderful job. I would definitely request them again. The one thing I would critique is the business owner. He was a little difficult to get responses from, and even used the wrong name when requesting this review. Overall, I loved the actual musicians, but don't expect wonders on the service side of things.

Sent on 06/27/2018

3.8
      3.5
      2.5

Very nice music. Our only feedback is that they took breaks between songs as guests were arriving for the wedding. We expected continious music during that time period

Sent on 07/03/2016

Cherrywood String Quartet and Ensembles's reply:

Thank you for the feedback. Please email us directly to further discuss the issue with the prelude. We always try to make the prelude as continuous as possible.