Cherry on Top Catering and Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Arya
    Arya J. Married on 07/17/2021

The BEST caterer you can book for your wedding!

Cherry on Top is a FANTASTIC wedding caterer! Kathy is so genuinely excited for all her brides and made me feel so special throughout the whole process. She has been in the wedding industry for a while so she has amazing tips to share about how to make your big day run perfectly, even if it doesn't apply strictly to catering. She went out of her way to address all of our questions and make sure we were getting what we wanted and that it would look great as well as be practical. She went out of her way to even attend additional meetings with us to ensure we were getting exactly what we wanted and would need for our big day! I am vegan so I was planning a fully VEGAN wedding and Kathy was on board from day 1 to help me create a delicious menu that none of my guests would even think twice about the lack of meat. Even though this was her first time putting together a fully vegan menu, she truly worked with her chef to make a menu that was delicious and filling and from the first tasting, we knew we were in good hands! I got many compliments on the wedding's menu even from our most carnivorous guests! To add to that, her staff is extremely efficient, professional and kind! I would not hesitate in trusting Kathy and Cherry on Top Catering with the food for your big day!!

Cherry on Top Catering and Events's reply:

I adore you and your family! I was extremely honored to have been a part of Your Big Day!

I truly believe I have the greatest staff/team in the world, so thank you for giving them a shout out for their hard work!

Please don't be a stranger! I can't wait to hear all of the wonderful things that happen in Michael and your life, because there is no doubt there will be many of them!

Kathy : )
  • MaryAnn
    Maryann J. Married on 07/17/2021

Best Caterer with a heart of gold!

Kathy and her team were wonderful! My daughter picked Cherry on Top because she wanted an all vegan wedding and because Kathy came highly recommended by our venue, the 4 Eleven.
    Choosing Kathy was one of the best decisions we made!!! Although Cherry on Top's cuisine is usually not vegan, they went out of their way to design a vegan menu that would meet the needs of all of our guests. The food was delicious!!! Their servers and bartenders were also excellent - everything was done professionally and beautifully. I could have been more delighted in how things turned out!
    Best of all was that I felt like Kathy took my daughter under her wing, making sure everything was done properly and even agreeing to meet us at the venue to help us make sure our table arrangements and decor would be suit the number of guests and our general objectives.
    Kathy loves what she does and it shows! She loves her brides and will do whatever she can to make the special day as beautiful and stress-free as possible! I highly recommend. The food was fabulous!!!

Cherry on Top Catering and Events's reply:

Oh, Maryann, this brought tears to my eyes! Thank you so much for your kind words! It was my honor to have been a part of the beginning of Arya and Michael's Happily Ever After!

Your family was such a joy to work with, and I'm extremely happy you all were so pleased with how the Big Day unfolded!

I do love what I get to do everyday, and working with families like yours is nothing less than the Cherry on Top!

If you ever need me again, you know I'll be there for you! Thank you again!
  • Jenna
    Jenna C. Married on 06/05/2021

Flawless Reception

Kathy and her team were wonderful to work with. Everything was perfect! Since my wedding was just around the corner, I needed a caterer booked FAST! Kathy was kind enough to work with me over email and she designed a delicious menu to compliment our wedding theme & new last name, Lemon! The reception was flawless. The staff was professional and so kind! They went above & beyond, helping us beyond what they were expected to. The food was delicious (that risotto, especially!). They cleaned everything up and left the venue spotless.
    Thank you so much for helping to make my wedding day perfect! Please thank your staff for all of their extra hard work - we appreciated them so incredibly much! I will recommend you to everyone!
    Donatella T. Married on 01/31/2021

Great working with them, great service and food

Kathy met with us then suggested menu ideas that were just perfect for us. From then on, she was in charge and we did not have to worry about a thing !

Cherry on Top Catering and Events's reply:

I Enjoyed Every Minute of Working With Russ and You! Your ceremony brought me to tears, especially seeing the two (2) of you finally saying, "I Do"! I knew from the start, or at least after a couple of dates, you'd found your person!

Miss You! We need to find time to get together!
    Laura M. Married on 01/10/2021

Awesome caterer!

Working with Kathy and her crew was an absolute pleasure. We had to change our entire menu a week before the wedding and it was no problem for them at all. They helped me every step of the way!

Hey, Laura!

Thank You for your kind words! It was truly a special honor to have had the opportunity to work with you and Tiffani; and, it means so much to me knowing you were pleased with the outcome! Tiffani was a gorgeous bride and you and all of the Hill ladies were stunning! (One of the fun memories I'll have from the Big Day, happened before the ceremony began. Mason and his groomsmen kept coming by grabbing little bites from the fruit and cheese display, because they were starving! In the beginning they'd ask if it was okay, but when I said for them to eat whatever they wanted to, the big smiles on their faces were priceless, as they stood around the display enjoying bites!)

Thanks Again!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 03/23/2019

Delicious and unique!

We loved every bit of our experience with Kathy Mills at Cherry on Top. She was one of the recommended vendors by our reception venue (C.R. Smith). Our tasting was delightful and the menu options are unique. We especially loved that so many of the sauces (perhaps all, now that I think of it) were house made. We had several people tell us how great the food was and we would happily book her again for a future event! Kathy helped us coordinate bartenders and was extremely helpful with suggestions and recommendations for every aspect of our wedding day. She was like our fairy godmother!

Cherry on Top Catering and Events's reply:

Hi, Sweet Sarah! Thank You for this kind review! You were so much fun to work with; and, I with you still lived in North Texas! Chicago is very lucky to have you! The next time you come to town, please say hello! Don't be a stranger!!!! xoxoxo!
  • Jessica
    Jessica K. Married on 01/06/2019

Cherry on Top is nothing short of AMAZING!

Working with Cherry on Top for our wedding was hands down one of the BEST decisions we made! Kathy was an absolute dream to work with. We live in Dallas, so it was tough to make it to Fort Worth for a tasting during the week, so Kathy and her chef came all the way to our home in Dallas for our tasting! Talk about a great way to see how well the food travels. We selected 4 appetizers and a plated dinner. The food was delicious. Our favorites: Jalapeno Poppers, Caesar salad (with Chef's dressing and croutons) and the slow roasted tri tip. Kathy's staff was also so great to work with day of. Everyone had full drinks and plenty of food. They cleaned everything on time and our venue couldn't have been happier with the team. Everything about Cherry on Top was such a pleasant experience - the people, the food, the service - we can't say enough praise about Kathy and her team!

Oh, Jessica!

Thank You So Much for taking the time to write this extremely kind review! From the moment I met you and Bryan, I knew what a special couple you were and how deep your love for each another was! You were such a beautiful bride; and, even though the skies were gray on your Big Day, your infectious smile lit up the room and felt like a ray of sunshine to everyone in attendance!

I wish Bryan and you still lived in Dallas instead of way up north! SO, the next time you come back to North Texas, I really hope you'll come see me!

Thank You Again!
    Kathy

PS Please tell Bryan Hello for me!
    Leslie E. Married on 11/03/2018

We worked with Kathy for our daughter's wedding.

She was an amazing planner, caterer, helper, troubleshooter, juggler, sounding board, friend, and resource. Chef's food ( A Cherry on Top Catering) is awesome. We had so many compliments and no one went away hungry. Her team is so incredibly "On Top" of it. They executed the night with such professionalism. They made you feel they had known you forever and were able to anticipate our every need. They all made it so easy and fun and each one was just as excited at the end of the night as they were at the beginning which shows they love what they do. Thank you Kathy and team for making the night unforgettable. You are rockstars.

Cherry on Top Catering and Events's reply:

Thank You for your kind words, Leslie! Lindsey was such a beautiful bride; and, y'all were SO much fun to work with! It's hard to believe the Big Day has come and gone, because it seems like only yesterday when we started on this wonderful journey together! It's priceless when a client becomes a great friend and you realize they will be in your life forever!
    Spencer Married on 10/05/2018
    Trooper and I had the greatest wedding and it is due to the incredible job that Kathy did planning our wedding. She listened to us and helped with everything. On the wedding day she took care of any hiccup that came up and even changed me into my second dress when I couldn’t find my mom. Her catering company did the food and everyone has raved about how delicious it was. Her staff helped with literally everything setup, take down, and cleaning things up. She is so easy to work with and always answers any questions that come up. We loved working with her and anyone else would be lucky to have her.

Cherry on Top Catering and Events's reply:

Thank You, Sweet Spencer. It was such fun working with you and your adorable mom! It makes me sad that your wedding is over, but know that you were a beautiful bride and Trooper was so handsome! If I had the chance, I'd do it all over again! Stay in Touch!!
    Taylor Married on 09/08/2018
    Our photographer recommended Cherry on Top and I'm SO thankful she did. Kathy is the sweetest and the food was delicious! It's 4 days after our wedding and my husband is still raving about the sliced brisket. Next time we have an event in Texas, we know exactly who to call. :)

Cherry on Top Catering and Events's reply:

Taylor, you and Obi are so kind! I'm so glad your wedding day turned out to be exactly the way you had always dreamed it would be! The next time you and Obi are in Fort Worth, just give me a call and I will make sure Obi has more of Chef's brisket! Please don't be a stranger!
    Shannon Married on 07/06/2018
    We picked Cherry on Top (as well as other catering choices) randomly. We are not from Fort Worth, but my daughter was getting married around there so we just hit the internet and found their online sample menus. Our planner had worked with others too from that area but we decided to do a tasting with Kathy Mills and Chef (she called him just Chef and we loved it!) just as a starting point. My daughter and many of the wedding party are "mostly" vegetarian and we loved the vegetarian options. We never looked back! We did not consider any other caterer after the tasting. They were wonderful, the food was wonderful - prepared fresh at the tasting. Once my daughter tasted it there was no reason in her mind to see anyone else!

Throughout the process Kathy was responsive, thoughtful, helpful, and calming. She assured me multiple times we would not run out of food and her staff would take care of us to the highest degree. That was all true. Wedding day food was even better than the tasting and no detail was spared. When the bride and groom would not take time to eat, she packed them a picnic for the next day. And the next day, and the next day!

I've never planned a wedding before, but I guarantee this would be a choice I would make again in a heartbeat! The highest compliment paid was when my daughter remarked, "I just wish Kathy could cater everything in our lives!"

Thanks Cherry on Top!

Cherry on Top Catering and Events's reply:

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for your sweet and kind words, Shannon. You and Carson were such a pleasure to work with. I am so honored to have been a part of the beginning of Carson and JT's Happily Ever After! It was truly a magical day. Please don't be a stranger!
    Diana Married on 05/05/2018
    Kathy was so amazing to work with! She put me at ease when planning out all the details, And when my big day came around she did not disappoint, everything went off without a hitch.!! The food was delicious and she and her staff were so accommodating, the whole night was perfect. Kathy is so easy to work with I would definitely recommend her and will use her for any event I have in the future she has such a great spirit about her, and is really good at what she does.

Cherry on Top Catering and Events's reply:

Oh, Diana, thank you so much for your kind words! I was honored to have been a part of Ben and Your Big Day! You were such a beautiful bride and your venue was absolutely breathtaking and the perfect place for the two (2) of you to begin your Happily Ever After! Thank You Again! Let me know if you ever need me! I'm only a phone call away!
    Prefer Married on 10/25/2017
    Really easy to work with and definitely was focused on making sure the event went off without a hitch. Easy and reliable - will def use again!

Hey Brian!
    I'm so glad that you were pleased. It was definitely our pleasure.
    If you need us again, we're here to help!
    Allie Married on 10/14/2017
    So pleased with cherry on top catering, amazing food, great staff. So many great options for any event!
    Johm Married on 09/06/2017
    I have known Kathy Mills professionally for many years and I was fortunate enough to recently need her catering services. Kathy and her crew at Cherry on Top served my party the best food. Not only was it good but there was a great selection and a good amount of food. The carving station with sliders as well as the passed crabcakes were an absolute hit. I can personally recommend Kathy and her fabulous Chef and staff! And all I had to do was just watch them clean up!

Hey John,
    Knowing you were pleased, means the world to me! You planned a fabulous event; and, it was very obvious how much fun your guests were having. We were honored to have been a part of your shindig!

Until the next time... Thank You!
    Carol Married on 08/14/2017
    Kathy Mills at Cherry on Top Catering is one of the most professional caterers with which I have ever worked. We use Cherry on Top for our board related luncheons. Kathy works closely with the Chef to customize menus, and the end result is always excellent.

Hey Carol,

Your kind words meant so much to me! We love working with you and will always be here when you need us!

I hope to see you soon!
  • User3257852 2+ years ago
    Kathy worked with my son and daughter-in-law for their wedding in April 2017. She was absolutely amazing! It was like meeting and working with someone you have known for a long time....it was just that easy. She had great suggestions and ideas, and............the food was AMAZING! She went above and beyond to make the bride and groom happy. I highly recommend Kathy and her staff. She is also very well connected when you think outside the box......as this wedding did. Not only is she a great caterer and event planner but she is a wonderful and honest person.

Beth,

What a pleasure it was working with y'all! I'm so glad you were pleased.

Lauren and Jeff are such a special couple; and, I can't wait to see what the future has in store for them. You truly made thinking out of the box lots of fun; and, working together with Ed, it ultimately resulted in a beautiful night, that the guests will never forget.

I look forward to partnering again to help make any future events just as magical!

Thank You!
    Cortni Married on 02/04/2017
    Beautiful displays and very easy to work with!

Thank You, Cortni!

Your were truly a stunning bride; and, the energy at your reception had the entire room dancing the night away!

We were extremely honored to have been a part of your Big Day!

If you need our help again, just let me know!

Suzan Married on 04/02/2016
    Kathy was the wedding coordinator and catering service at my daughter’s wedding. As mother of the bride I was nervous, anxious and overwhelmed with trying to plan and make sure all the details were attended to so the day would be perfect. But once we met with Kathy all my anxiety, stress and nervousness evaporated!! Kathy has a special gift to put you at ease, she is very personable, knowledgeable and professional all at the same time!! You just KNOW you are in capable hands and everything will be okay!! Kathy and her staff worked tirelessly to ensure my daughter’s wedding went flawless!! The attention to detail is phenomenal!! Everything was perfect and exactly what the bride wanted!!

I highly recommend Kathy and Cherry on Top Catering and Events for your special event!!

Cherry on Top Catering and Events's reply:

Suzan, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you for your kind words! I wish you had more daughters getting married, because I loved every minute I got to spend with y'all! You are a very special family!

Thank You Again, My Friend!
    Ted Married on 04/02/2016
    One of the things that impressed me was that Kathy called Taylor's Rental (who provided plates and tablecloths and such for our event) to make sure we had everything we needed. She didn't need to make that call, but it's one example of her going the extra mile to make sure the event went off without a hitch.

When we came in for a tasting, we had a few adjustments to the way some of the menu items were prepared (to reflect personal taste, not overall quality) and all the changes were executed perfectly at the event. Also, at our tasting, it happened to be my birthday and Kathy insisted on surprising me with a small birthday cake. Again, we'd already signed the contract and everything so this was one of her personal touches that made all the difference.

It was clear that she had developed a good working relationship with our reception venue. Kathy and the manager at the venue worked well as a team and made the process much easier for us.

The food was incredible. I've been to too many wedding receptions where the food is a dull spot on an otherwise wonderful evening. This was not the case with our wedding. Kathy worked with us to put together a fabulous menu that all our guests enjoyed.

The event staff, servers and bartenders, were professional in their appearance and demeanor.
    Alexandria Married on 03/16/2019

Delicious!

Kathy and her team were amazing! The food was so good and there was plenty of it. Everyone kept asking who catered and we were glad to share Cherry on Top. Kathy was very quick to respond and answer any questions or concerns that my husband and I had. I never had to worry about our choice to cater. At the end of the day we had to increase our guest count which did leave us over budget but the quality and professionalism was worth it.

Cherry on Top Catering and Events's reply:

Oh, Alex! Thank You So Much for Your Kind Words! You were a gorgeous bride and I truly hope you won't be a stranger! Thank You Again! If you ever need us again, PLEASE do not hesitate to contact me! Kathy