Cherry Blossom String Quartet Reviews

81 | Arlington, VA

81 Reviews for Cherry Blossom String Quartet

Brittany · Married on 05/24/2019

An Elegant Evening

Cherry Blossom flawlessly executed ceremony and cocktail hour music for my wedding. They're incredibly talented and had a large list of songs and genres that they're pros at playing. Highly recommend.

Sent on 01/19/2020
  • Vy

Vy · Married on 05/05/2019

Awesome strings trio package!

I could not be happier with the Cherry Blossom String Quartet group for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour music. I opted for the strings trip package and they were lovely. Anna was prompt with responses and everything went very smoothly. Thank you!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 09/01/2018

We hired Cherry Blossom String Quartet for our ceremony and cocktail hour at Airlie, VA. They were absolutely amazing! The music was so beautiful and Sinbat was so responsive and helpful in answering all of our questions. They have such an extensive repertoire that most songs you might want to choose from, both popular and classical, they already have an arrangement for. I had always wanted to include Can't Help Falling in Love as part of our ceremony and their arrangement was perfect and made the ceremony so special!!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Taylor · Married on 04/28/2018

CBSQ did an amazing job with my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were able to provide planning recommendations in order to ensure that the songs matched timing, etc. They were responsive and professional from the minute we inquired about availability. Their repertoire is extensive and they're willing to learn new songs (at a cost) in order for you to personalize your wedding as needed. It was so much fun playing classical music leading up to the ceremony, and walking back down the aisle to Don't Stop Believing. I cannot say enough good things about CBSQ!!

Sent on 05/02/2018
  • Chloe

Chloe · Married on 03/31/2018

We hired Cherry Blossom SQ for outdoor wedding ceremony and indoor cocktail hour music for our wedding on 3/31/2018 in Fort Belvoir. They are very talented and did a wonderful job. Everything went smoothly and our guests were impressed with CBSQ's performance. I highly recommend CBSQ!

Sent on 04/06/2018

Nisha · Married on 04/29/2017

My orchestrally inclined friend helped me select Cherry Blossom String Quartet, and we couldn't be happier. Lovely music that added such class to our special day. We used them only for the prelude, ceremony, and cocktail hour because we had a DJ planned for the reception. They were very flexible in terms of the hours they were willing to work so it was easy to book them for only part of the time. They have a very extensive and varied repertoire and their website makes it very easy to pick out the music for the day. Their music planning form was very organized and made sure they knew all the important ceremony details.

Sent on 09/03/2017

Jonathan · Married on 01/08/2017

these guys are amazing. I asked if they would learn the song patience by guns and roses for me to walk in to and my wife requested maybe I'm amazed by Paul McCartney. my only regret is not getting to hear all of the arrangements that we chose for them to play but only due to the fact that we had to attend to our many guests. overall a fantastic group of people

Sent on 03/29/2017

Emily · Married on 10/22/2016

Friendly, professional, and responsive. The music for my ceremony was perfect!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Kim · Married on 10/15/2016

One of the less than happy parts of my wedding was that I did not get to enjoy and fully listen to CBSQ! What I heard, though, was truly wonderful and they truly contributed to a beautiful day. My officiant has played in many string quartets and had nothing but good things to say about the group (as well as many attendees). Erin was incredible to work with leading up and they day of.

CBSQ truly made the ceremony feel elevated, special, and fun. Would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Julie · Married on 10/15/2016

I could not be happier with choosing CBSQ for both my ceremony and cocktail hour. The music was absolutely beautiful and working with them was a breeze. They were extremely organized, classy, professional and flexible with specific music selections. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an incredible wedding quartet!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2016

In planning our wedding we were really struggling with whether or not we needed a string quartet for the ceremony, or if a DJ alone would suffice (we were trying to be as cost conscious as possible). But let me tell you, this was by far some the best money we spent on the whole event. The CBSQ elevated everything about our ceremony and cocktail hour. They brought an elegance and class that really could not have been matched with a DJ alone. They offer a mix of both traditional classical music, as well as more modern contemporary listings -- all of which were crowd pleasers. I would recommend checking out their samples on their website to understand how truly amazing they are. We are still getting compliments about what an incredible job they did. If you are even *thinking* about having strings at your next event, I would encourage you to reach out to CBSQ! They really brought our wedding to the next level, and we are so grateful to them for that!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Jeffrey · Married on 09/04/2016

We used the Cherry Blossom String Quartet to play at our wedding. They played during the ceremony, cocktail hour and lunch reception. The CBSQ has a beautiful and rich sound. I suggest going onto their website and listening to some of the music samples. Their repertoire is very diverse, ranging from classical to contemporary popular music. Erin was very responsive to all of my questions. The CBSQ played almost all of the songs that we choose and added a few others which we had not even thought of. I highly recommend using the CBSQ for any event in which you are looking for a quartet.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2016

Responsive, helpful, timely, professional. And the music was beautiful! This was my #1 most favorite part of the wedding. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Bruce · Married on 06/25/2016

CBSQ was absolutely wonderful. I can't tell you how many people complimented the ceremony music. Nothing but professional AND they accommodated a special request that I found sheet music for. Great selection of music, easy to communicate with, and one less thing for you to worry about on your wedding day. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/12/2016

If you are looking to add elegance to your wedding ceremony, I cannot recommend enough CBSQ. I worked with Erin specifically and she was a delight from A to Z. As it was my first time hiring instrumentals for an event, she really took the time to walk me through the process and details. Although our ceremony was rerouted indoors due to rain (which I hear is good luck), CBSQ was more than happy to perform outdoors (not always the case!).

As for music, we selected a combination of classical (Bach, Puccini, and Schubert) and contemporary (Beyonce's Halo, Enya's Only Time, and the Beatle's Here Comes the Sun). Since our wedding was on a Sunday, CBSQ also performed the Game of Thrones theme song which was a hit with our guests who were missing that night's episode to celebrate our big day.

Both the music and the quartet's professionalism was exceptional. I couldn't recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Laura · Married on 05/01/2016

Cannot say enough great things about CBSQ. We hired them to play during our ceremony at Woodend Sanctuary. We were looking for a quartet who had popular music in their repertoire. They had an impressive number of songs to choose from. Erin, who was our main contact, was so easy to work with. She answered all of our questions and always responded to email in a timely manner. They were so flexible when the weather caused a last minute change to move inside. It turned out to be a blessing because I was able to hear all of the songs in the prelude, which were awesome! So many of our guests came up to us at the reception and told us how much they loved the music and how it really added the ceremony. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 05/03/2016

CBSQ did a fabulous job at our wedding! They successfully played a variety of songs from classical to pop. CBSQ really strives to customize their playlists to fit the preferences of the bride and groom.

Sent on 05/04/2016

Katherine · Married on 04/16/2016

Cherry Blossom Strings was absolutely wonderful for our ceremony and cocktail hour music. They have an extensive repertoire and were able to perfectly set the mood, playing all the Disney and Rodgers and Hammerstein music I requested. Listening to The Sound of Music and Beauty and the Beast while waiting to walk down the aisle are two of my top moments from the whole wedding. Theresa Schlafly was always responsive with emails and their planning form was very easy to use and helpful. I only wish I had more moments in my life when I might need to hire a string quartet because I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 04/26/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/03/2015

SEARCH NO FURTHER! If you are looking for beautiful ceremony music from a professional group that cares about fulfilling your wedding day dreams, choose the Cherry Blossom String Quartet. Theresa Schlafly, the main contact I worked with, was responsive and flexible. When I wanted a special piece of music, Theresa found it and the quartet played it beautifully during our ceremony (So beautifully I was brought to tears!). Guests from our wedding remember the quartet as one of the loveliest highlights; they added a real quality of class and elegance. I'll always remember that beautiful music as we said our vows.

Sent on 11/16/2015

CBSQ played at our ceremony and cocktail hour. Theresa was really responsive to my emails and they were very easy to book. They have a wide selection of both classical and contemporary music. Everything went seamlessly- no complaints! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a string quartet.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Outstanding service was provided by the Cherry Blossom String Quartet. They played beautifully up to the last minute, were gracious, personable, and courteous. True professionals.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/14/2015

CBSQ was so great. The memory of their playing Eine Kleine Nachtmusik as I walked down the aisle will forever be seared in my memory as one of the top 10 moments of my life, and their beautiful playing helped make it that way. They were fantastic to work with - Erin always replied to my emails in a very timely manner, and was very helpful when I had questions. As another reviewer mentioned, I unfortunately did not get to spend much time around their music, as I was taking pictures during cocktail hour, but my guests were very impressed and I think it helped to set a wonderful, romantic atmosphere for the wedding. Their prices were also very reasonable and competitive with others in the market.

What I especially loved about CBSQ was that they were their own company. A lot of the string quartets we reviewed when we were searching were hired as a part of a larger wedding vendor company, and that wasn't what we wanted - it just felt too corporate. CBSQ is their own thing, and working with them felt very homely and comfortable, because I was able to speak with one of the musicians herself.

Additionally, I loved the selection of clips they had on their website, as well as their large repertoire of classical music. They had so many beautiful options to choose from to make our wedding sound as perfect as we wanted. If you are searching for a string quartet in the area, you cannot go wrong with CBSQ. Just talk to them, listen to some of their clips, and browse their website - you'll be very much impressed and very lucky to have them be a part of your wedding.

Sent on 07/04/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/02/2015

We hired CBSQ for reception and cocktail hour music and they were incredible. We received numerous compliments from our wedding guests about the quartet (especially from my Dad), and although I was taking pictures during the cocktail hour, I absolutely loved what I heard when I was nearby. We asked them to play a mix of classical and modern/pop music and they were perfect and really fit in quite well with the overall vibe of our wedding. Also they learned a phish song for my walk down the aisle and it was beyond perfect. We had a bunch of phish phans in the bridal party/audience and they all approved of a job well done! A friend sent me a clip taken on their phone of part of my walk down the aisle - and I just keep playing it over and over so I can hear the song (and see all of my friends reactions when they figure out the song =) April was a pleasure to communicate with prior to the wedding and made everything super easy. THANK YOU CBSQ I hope I can find another event to have you all at! =)

Sent on 06/10/2015

Ko · Married on 04/18/2015

CBSQ was great. They played at our ceremony and cocktail hour. They are reasonably priced and they have a really wide selection of both classical and contemporary music to choose from. They did an awesome job at our wedding and I have no complaints. Theresa was really friendly and very responsive to my emails. I would highly recommend them for your wedding!

Sent on 01/15/2016

Alex · Married on 01/31/2015

We used CBSQ for our wedding prelude, ceremony, and cocktail hour (two hours total). They were great! Erin was very easy to work with—pleasant, responsive, and helpful. She was also very thorough in making sure CBSQ played exactly the music we wanted. The quartet sounded amazing and was an integral part of our ceremony and cocktail hour—CBSQ’s music set the tone for our wedding. We highly recommend CBSQ for your event!!

Sent on 02/06/2015