LoveLoy Marriages & Mediation Reviews

26 | Reston, VA

26 Reviews for LoveLoy Marriages & Mediation

Kristie T. · Married on 04/22/2021

LoveLoy is Perfect for Elopements

My husband and I were looking for an officiant for our elopement and started contacting the local list of officiants in our area. Cherise was incredibly prompt, cooperative, and thorough. She was very helpful in guiding us in preparation and performed a touching and memoriable ceremony. We are so thankful to have had her on our special day!

Sent on 04/24/2021
  • Tatiana

Tatiana J. · Married on 04/06/2021

the perfect celebrant

We had a small ceremony and thanks to Cherise it was very beautiful, with the correct words, she made our union even more special. We recommend her with closed eyes, thanks Cherise

Sent on 06/23/2020

Eric L. · Married on 11/21/2020

Cherise was just what we needed, she make our experience beautiful and fun. She has a way of settling with people, the kids too. One of a kind

Wow, there's so much I can say about Cherise, she made our day so much better. She offers charisma, charm, fun and very detailed in what she does. Cherise had a lot of options and ideas for locations, we couldn't really ask for any better celebrant. Thank you Cherise for bringing that smile and making our day a successful one.

Sent on 11/21/2020

LoveLoy Marriages & Mediation's reply:

Your words are greatly appreciated, I loved the chance to meet your family. I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness together. Blessings!
  • Diana

Diana B. · Married on 08/28/2020

Made our day so special!

Cherise made our day truly that much more special! Her words literally made me wept. She made everything so much smoother. I really appreciate her kind words ❤️

Sent on 10/19/2020

LoveLoy Marriages & Mediation's reply:

I am grateful for your generous praise. Thank you so very much for the chance to join you together, may you enjoy a lifetime of love & happiness!

Keba H. · Married on 06/15/2020

Amazing and beautiful

We had an impromptu wedding due to a death in the family. Covid 19 changed our original wedding date on April 10th, Cherise came in with an amazing energy and said the most beautiful vows.

Sent on 06/16/2020

Jen · Married on 01/12/2020

Highly Recommended!

Cherise was so warm and friendly. She makes the couple feel like she's known them their whole lives. Her speech was full of kindness and heartfelt. I really enjoyed working with her and was very happy to have her as an officiant. It was a courthouse ceremony with just the two of us to get the legalities out of the way before our international destination wedding, and she still managed to make it feel special and was very accommodating. Also, the court employees all knew her and spoke highly of her as well! Cherise, thank you again!!!

Sent on 11/20/2019

Vanessa S. · Married on 12/06/2019

Absolutely Fantastic!!!!

Cherise is the BEST! We eloped and wanted a quick, intimate ceremony and we got more than we could've imagined. Cherise is so warm and caring and performed a touching ceremony! She is very responsive which made planning this a breeze. She took pictures for us, making sure we had all the shots we wanted. We were even lucky enough to get one with her! She made our important day even more special! Thank you for everything, Cherise! We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 12/31/2019

LoveLoy Marriages & Mediation's reply:

Thanks so very much, you are both wonderful people & I wish you a lifetime of happiness. I'd love a photo (or a few) to keep as a memento or, with permission, share on my FB page. Happy New Year!
  • W

Winter · Married on 11/01/2019

Fantastic!

Cherise performed a wonderful and very sweet wedding ceremony. We had not met her prior to the ceremony and I was worried that might make it a little awkward sounding but she did such a great job! Our family members and friends were tearing up at her words and we received tons of compliments about the ceremony. I highly recommend!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria C. · Married on 06/02/2019

Wonderful Officiant

Cherise was absolutely wonderful! She was responsive and easy to schedule with. She was on time and had all of the paperwork she needed. She kept the short ceremony easy and fun and I loved it. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Carrie

Carrie B. · Married on 05/25/2019

Truly delightful, humorous, and caring

Cherise was absolutely lovely! She did a fantastic "elopement" ceremony in our living room. She engaged with our parents who participated via video chat, was wonderful with our kids, and made us laugh and cry. It could not have been more perfect. A thousand times over, I would recommend her!

Sent on 05/25/2019
  • Lisseth

Lisseth R. · Married on 03/31/2019

We loved your service a lot!

Cherise, thank you so much for your service and help. You don't know how much our guests and us loved your speech in our wedding, I think I cried the whole ceremony, but the words and message you gave us will always be in our lives and also for being so flexible with the schedule. Thank you so much again.

Sent on 05/16/2019

Randall · Married on 02/19/2019

Great Experience

Cherise was fantastic! She was very responsive to our emails and phone calls. When we met Cherise at the courthouse, she put us at ease, she was very funny and very personable. The ceremony was beautiful and her words meant a lot to us. It made the whole experience very special. We highly recommend Cherise!

Sent on 02/20/2019
  • Cindi

Cindi S. · Married on 12/29/2018

Can’t Say Enough Good About Cherise Loy

Ms. Loy made our wedding event so special with her thoughtful words that were perfect for our unique union!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Mother T. · Married on 10/13/2018

An absolutely lovely ceremony!!!

Cherise performed my daughter's ceremony a couple of weeks ago and it was absolutely beautiful!!! EVERYONE commented on how beautiful the ceremony was. As the mother-of-the-bride I found it deeply moving and I loved every word Cherise said. She also brought a special warmth and joy to the ceremony and I even loved her voice! My daughter and her now husband also could not have been more pleased. It truly was what I would consider the perfect ceremony for my daughter and her husband. Thank you Cherise!!!

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • Jenni

Jenni · Married on 10/13/2018

Wedding Ceremony

Cherise did an absolutely incredible job officiating our wedding!!! We were married at Hidden Creek in Reston and she was always extremely responsive over email, gave all of the necessarily details & information we needed up front from options to pricing to logistics, and in general made the booking and planning process easy and made me trust her expertise- which as a stressed out Bride was invaluable! she met with my husband and I prior to the wedding to discuss details, get to know us and our relationship and share recommendations and advice she had from her experience. She truly made me feel calm and excited for the day (instead of panicked about details) and gave us a beautiful idea for how to incorporate my daughter into the ceremony. During the rehearsal she helped us all through the process, and the day of the wedding her ceremony could not have been more beautiful! My aunt, mother and countless others shared they loved how intimate and genuine the ceremony was and were amazed by how she incorporated details of our love story. She included specific quotes or references true to our passions and interests that are so dear to our heart that only the two of us may have caught them, yet they were framed in such a subtle and beautiful way the entire group was able to understand the meaning without needing to know the context. I cannot thank her enough for how lovely her words were and am so grateful to have started our union with her positive & loving presence and heartfelt words.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Shelly · Married on 10/06/2018

Cherise was wonderful she was very patient and caring. Thank you so much!!!!

Sent on 10/01/2018
  • F

Farah · Married on 07/10/2018

Cherise brought laughter and love into our special day. I opted to have her provide the words to our vows, and she did a beautiful, thoughtful and joyful celebration of our wedding. My new husband and I are so delighted and happy, and want to recommend Cherise to any couple looking for a joyful, loving and deeply enriching ceremony. Thank you Cherise!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Ellen · Married on 10/06/2017

My husband and I had the pleasure of being married by Cherise on 10/06/17. We never met until the day of our wedding ceremony. We kept in touch via email and never once was I worried. I immediately knew Cherise was the right officiant for us. She was always quick to respond with my emails, straight forward with questions, provided information when I had concerns and updated me with any changes. My husband and I decided to have our ceremony in our apartment complex's courtyard garden. That said, there are several parking garages. I didn't know where she parked and I was trying to find her. I wasn't clear with parking directions but she was understanding and patient. We (our parents, husband and I) all enjoyed what Cherise said in our ceremony. It was simple, sweet and exactly what we wanted. The unexpected but really appreciated bonus was when she got on the rock. By doing that, my husband and I were able to be centered for her and pictures. Thank you for everything you did for us!!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Jesse · Married on 02/17/2017

Cherise Loy was a wonderful officiant for our wedding. She was very flexible when our plans changed, and her ceremony was sensible and unpretentious but inspiring! (while remaining within the time block she had set- couples can ask for five, ten or fifteen minutes for the ceremony speech.) The inclusion of the wedding colors' symbolism (independently looked up and incorporated into the ceremony )- was a great touch! Thank you Cherise! We thoroughly appreciate having you officiate at the wedding and highly recommend you to any couple looking for a celebrant!

Sent on 02/22/2017

Karen · Married on 02/17/2017

Cherise made our experience so pleasant and uncomplicated! With all the other things going on when planning a wedding (and honeymoon and legal updates and employer record changes and...), Cherise made planning our ceremony very low-stress. She must have some some sort of psychic powers because she was able to read us and our guests then act accordingly to make everyone comfortable so we could all appreciate the moment! We had a very private ceremony with just our family and Cherise was so in tune with everyone's mindset that we all felt like she was very much a part of that inner circle. I would rate her with more stars if I could and highly recommend her to other couples!

Sent on 02/22/2017

Geoffrey · Married on 10/16/2016

When my wife and I got married, we were looking for a civil celebrant, since neither of us wanted a formal religious ceremony. We found Cherise's name through Fairfax County's Marriage Celebrants list, and she was absolutely fantastic! Cherise was responsive to our e-mails and questions, met with us beforehand to get to know us a little bit, and was very helpful at our rehearsal with some logistics and last-minute details.

Best of all, Cherise is a sweet, funny, and lovely woman, and I'm very glad she was a part of our special day :-)

Sent on 11/03/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/15/2016

Glad we chose LoveLoy

We had our religious ceremony preCovid but still needed to "make it official" in Fairfax County. I reviewed the list on the county website of recognized officiants. After a couple of web searches, i decided to go with LoveLoy. It was the right choice. Flexible, Great Communication, Timely responses - would recommend for what ever your officiant needs might be! Even though we were strangers, we felt that she was personally invested in us as a couple.

Sent on 10/27/2020

LoveLoy Marriages & Mediation's reply:

Thank you so very much, your wedding ceremony was simply a reflection of the love you both already share. I am grateful for you taking the time to review our services. Blessings for a lifetime of love & happiness!

Rachel · Married on 12/04/2015

Cherise was amazing. We just wanted to have a very simple legal ceremony before our symbolic ceremony in the DR. She was perfect. She responded quickly to emails, arrived ahead of time to our ceremony location, and her words were very touching. We would definitely recommend her services for any length of ceremony.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Julia · Married on 11/14/2015

Cherise was such a lucky find, as we began planning our wedding from across the country. Once we got to meet, I was thrilled with her whole attitude towards marriage and weddings, Booking her was one of the smartest moves we made. The ceremony she wrote was so beautiful, it brought (many) tears to my eyes. She truly puts her all into each wedding she performs and it shows. We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. Thank you, Cherise!

Sent on 12/05/2015

Cherise did an amazing job as our officiant and made our day ever so memorable with beautiful words for our hand fasting ceremony. She was very professional, followed up with prompt responses to all our questions and sent us reminders when we became crazed, which was ever so helpful. We definitely recommend her services. Thank you Cherise!!!

Sent on 01/16/2015