Chelsea Sun Inn Reviews

10 | Mount Bethel, PA

10 Reviews for Chelsea Sun Inn

Kermit · Married on 10/12/2019

Best Wedding Ever

My wife and I fell in love with the Chelsea Sun Inn from the first time we toured the property. The estate is just beautiful inside and out. There is a mixture of both old and new;From the amazing wood work in the panelings and moldings. The old stone work in the original sections of the estate. To the amazing fireplace as a focal point in the main sitting area. On top of that all of the guests rooms are unique and beautiful in their own way. From the suites to the standard rooms. None will disappoint.There are so many unique and interesting things showcased throughout the entire estate, it's just something you need to see for yourself. We loved it so much we decided to have our wedding there. Getting married on ceremony hill surrounded by nature and breathtaking views of the Delaware Water Gap is indescribable. Sunsets there are just magnificent. The sky bursts with blazing hues of autumnal colors. It's so incredibly peaceful and calming it feels like your in a some sort of fairytale. If you ever decide to stay at Chelsea it something you just have to experience. We had the luxury of getting married on Ceremony hill on October,12th 2019. We were even blessed with a rainbow if the view wasn't already incredible enough.Our reception went off without at hitch. Everything was so perfect. Our guests couldn't stop expressing to us how much they loved our venue. It's so unique and much more intimate then getting married at some Fancy Hotel filled with a bunch of strangers. You are surrounded only by the people you know and love. The staff there are both pleasant and a pleasure to work with. If you stay the night you will have the pleasure of meeting Apple in the morning for breakfast. She is such a kind soul and will do whatever she can to make you comfortable. She started our day off right. Whipping up a fantastic breakfast for us and our guests. Shane who is the coordinator/GM/a few other things, was our main contact from the beginning. He showed us the property on day one and was with us until very late the night of our ceremony helping to make sure everything was perfect for our special day. Randy was another star player during our time there. He helped us with whatever we needed and was on property most of the time we were there, both the day of and the day before our wedding. He is such an interesting person. Some of my groomsman and I had great conversations with him for hours one night. It was nice to get to know him on a more personal level. Randy also provided some amazing entertainment for us and our guests during our reception with an incredible fire dance. I also want to thank James and Alex who helped set up our tables and chairs for our ceremony and reception. There was another young man who was very helpful but unfortunately I don't remember his name. He was super helpful land even chopped up some firewood for us to use in the fire pit.I do apologize for forgetting your name but you deserve to be mentioned. We fully expect to return for another amazing weekend with friends.

Sent on 11/05/2019

Nicole · Married on 09/21/2019

Gorgeous Venue

We got married here this past September! From the moment we took the tour, I knew this was the place! We booked it immediately! From Shane the event coordinator, to Jimmy who was our ordain that married us, it was the best experience and such a pleasure to work with! Randy was also was such a pleasure to work with! Everyone is still talking about how gorgeous the venue and the ceremony was! We got married at the top of the hill to have that beautiful Delaware water gap behind us! The staff is amazing and seemed like part of the family to us!! Shane does an amazing job, and will make sure every detail is perfect!! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 02/06/2020

Vickie · Married on 06/08/2019

amazing venue!

Friday night rehearsal dinner: 90 guests
    Saturday wedding: 160 guests
    Sunday breakfast: 90 guests
    All dining events were held under the tent.

Our wedding on 6/8/2019 was more perfect than we could have imagined.

Key criteria we had for our wedding venue—Beautiful outdoors venue; hosting events over 2 nights and not having an end time to the party (most venues require that you clean up and are out within an hour or two after your reception). Amazing bonuses: gorgeous, giant grassy areas to play games (volleyball, soccer, spike ball, corn hole), BYOB (so much more affordable and customizable!), having up to 30 friends/family stay on site, being within 2 hours of Philadelphia and NYC, getting to play music at all hours of the day, great hot tub and pool.

We booked the entire estate Friday afternoon until Sunday noontime, allowing us to play outdoor games Friday afternoon, host the rehearsal dinner Friday, host an after party until 2am. Then we had the entire venue to ourselves for set up Saturday morning/afternoon, held the ceremony and reception on site, partied like crazy, hosted an after party (pool, hot tub, awesome fire pit, after-party food). We welcomed everyone back for breakfast the following day to see everyone off at brunch. You can really do almost anything you want at this amazing venue! The only thing I’d say is that it’s more of a dyi venue. Shane is a lifesaver and functioned as a day-of coordinator for us thank goodness, but you could consider a day-of coordinator to help you plan and run through all the events of the wedding day and to coordinate with vendors, etc.

This is a theme with the reviews of this venue, but we couldn’t believe how helpful and amazing the staff was, including cleaning up the whole place up on Friday night around 1am, even later on Saturday night, and then re-setting the tables for brunch on Sunday. They constantly checked in to make sure we had everything we needed throughout the weekend, and went above and beyond, including dealing with the hassle of renting us a dance floor at the last minute (thank you Shane!). Meanwhile we just got to hang out around the pool and hot tub and spending a lot of quality time with our friends and family. Thanks to the whole crew at the Inn for helping us create an unforgettable weekend.
    Wedding video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gzw18cWUHY

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 06/03/2019

Phenomenal!!! Outstanding service

The entire staff was the greatest. They genuinely enjoy what they do and are there to help you with anything you may need. Shane has an eye for creativity and the owners of the property are there first hand with you and just want to help in any way they possibly can. I could not have dreamt of better people to help me make my special day the best that it could possibly be. The venue is the most gorgeous place I’ve laid my eyes on. There is nothing that could make this place or these people any better.

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/18/2019

Wow, what an amazingly perfect, beautiful dream come true wedding!

We were married 05/18/19 and chose to have the ceremony and reception outdoors and the staff at Chelsea Sun Inn, are the most attentive staff you could ever hope for! I highly recommend hiring and utilizing their personal staff as servers/bartenders. They never said no. If I had a problem or a last minute change, I was able to fully rely on them. They gave me their personal cell phone numbers and made it easy to stay in touch. 5 minutes before the wedding started I realized the mother’s/grandmothers didn’t have their corsages! Unable to get a hold of anyone in my group, Shane not only saved the day and made sure they received them, but took a picture of the ladies and I that ended up being one of my favorite behind the scenes photos! When the buffet room was set up with round tables and our caterer (also the grooms brother) asked if we could have rectangular tables instead, the staff within 10 minutes were buzzing around making it happen!! It’s obvious they all work extremely well with each other! We had so many friends and family tell us that this was the best wedding they have ever attended, and that our atmosphere ended up being so fun, relaxed and laid back, it felt like one big happy family! People were free to mingle, visit the gorgeous view on top of the big hill, and we even had quite a few guests with young kids who were able to play games in the grass, keep busy and have fun without disturbing anybody. We even had a few guests take advantage of the pool and outdoor hot tub as the reception was winding down, which again, added a whole new element to our celebration!!! As I sit back and reflect on our day, I have no complaints, zero. It truly was a dream come true! Thank you Chelsea Sun Inn and all the staff for making this day the most memorable day of my life! You all made us feel like family, we could joke around with you guys and you made it feel we’ve known you forever and we feel truly blessed to have found you guys!!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Tammy B. · Married on 05/04/2019

Unforgettable Wedding

whole staff was so quick and accommodating. Apple who prepares all the rooms and cooks breakfast did a phenomenal job. Shane and everyone did a fantastic job preparing for both the ceremony and reception. Thank you for a wonderful time my family will never forget. I highly recommend having a wedding here.

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 08/25/2018

A Weekend To Remember

Shane and the entire team at Chelsea Sun are incredibly kind, dedicated, and hard-working. They will do anything you ask and more which is so important when choosing a venue. They really add a level of personalization that so many venues lack.

This is a space that can truly be transformed however you'd like it to be so it's ideal for creative couples who enjoy thinking outside the box and creating a special environment. Also, if you're looking for an all-inclusive (for your wedding party and yourself) venue for a weekend filled with fun, quality time, and festivities this is the perfect space: huge hot tub, pool, tons of acres with enough room to camp, etc... major plus is that there's no hassle with transportation for you and many of your guests if you choose to rent and stay at the space from Friday-Sunday, which we did and loved it.

We were married on the hilltop and our guests were escorted by their quirky trolley up the hill which was definitely a crowd favorite and once you see the gorgeous views, ahhh it's just breathtaking. The venue doesn't need much decorating since the setting is already so serene and naturally beautiful which is a major plus (and money saver!). We had the weekend of our lives and so many of our guests did too! People still can't stop talking about how nice, quiet, and special the venue and all the workers were, they truly helped us throw an unforgettable weekend. Thank you, thank you , thank you Chelsea Sun Inn for everything you did for us. Their prices can't be beat and the service that comes with it is unmatched, you won't be sorry.

Sent on 01/08/2019

Rich · Married on 05/25/2018

My husband and I booked the Chelsea Sun this past weekend for our wedding. We have been recieving so many compliments all week over the venue. The rooms are spacious and the beds are so comfortable. The staff and owners were so attentive to all our needs. With the help of their event coordinator Shane Savant we had the most amazing wedding with our friends and family. Thank Chelsea sun for helping us bring our vision to life and create so many memories! You exceeded all our expectations!

Sent on 06/11/2018
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 04/10/2021

2.8
      2.0

The venue and grounds are beautiful but could use a little upkeep in the building. They can also be hard to get a hold of at times & seem disorganize.

The grounds are amazing and the building is beautiful but needs a lot of work. If you are a DIY bride and have family to help you can make this place exactly what you want. I would say the staff is still young and lacks experience. If you plan on booking this venue make sure to get everything in writing. My husband and I felt like when we booked, the facility and rooms were over-promised and it ended up being under-delivered. The rooms were not thoroughly cleaned and many features were none functional. Many of our complaints were not addressed in a timely manner or at all. As our date approached it was hard to get in touch with the facility manager and when we had venue visits scheduled we often got put with assistant who were not fully trained on everything yet.
    In closing my day was beautiful and amazing but I credit that to my bridal party and family.

Sent on 04/12/2021
  • Allison

Allison O. · Married on 08/18/2019

Lack of staff

I hate to write negative reviews, especially to nice people, but this day, as beautiful as it was, was a disaster! We made the best out of all of the setbacks. And let me tell you, there were many. There were a total of FOUR staff for our big wedding. There was nobody to greet our guests at the door to show them to there rooms, nobody to stop our guests from going to our reception area before the ceremony. Our dj and caterers stepped in to help with everything and went above and beyond when Chelsea sun didn’t. We told them exactly how we wanted to be trollied into the barn and my groom almost saw me before we went down the isle because they messed it up. We were promised a lot of things that were not met. We were promised staff to help us set up and my mom and groom were left to do it all by themselves. When it started thundering, I was left panicking looking for staff to put up the sides of the tent and ended up needing to go out in the pouring rain to find Shane to put the sides up but by then the tent was already flooded, the DJ’s equipment wet and me and my dress were soaked. We all had a blast making the best out of a bad situation but I was very disappointed in how it was run. That night, we went to the kitchen for food and it was so dirty in the drawers and just unkempt. There were absolutely no towels for me or my guests who stayed the night to swim so we had to air dry and weren’t able to dry off after showers and we were told it was because of the wedding the night before yet they had all day to do laundry and nothing was done. The next morning we were promised a beautiful brunch for forty people and there were three tables without linens on them and one staff member cooking for all of us. Some people had to sit in a different room because of this. And to top it off, my maid of honor, mother, brother and a few of our guests left with red itchy bumps all over there ankles that we still have no idea what they were... in conclusion, extremely beautiful venue with great intentions and sweet people but not even close to enough staff to support the demand. It’s falling apart at the seams. A very honorable mention is absolutely Randy!!! Randy ran the show and made sure everything was perfect the absolute best he could. Loved him!!

Sent on 09/13/2019