Chef's Expressions Reviews

290 | Lutherville Timonium, MD

290 Reviews for Chef's Expressions

• Z

Zachary · Married on 12/14/2019

Chef Expressions for dream wedding food!

Chef expressions hit a grandslam with out wedding! David was incredible to work with and helpful with every step of the way. He was organized, joyful, caring and would check in on us from time to time to see if we needed any help, questions, etc. For our first tasting he spoiled with with a wonderful dinner of delicious foods and bevarages and you could tell he took his time with every detail. He set the bar incredibly high and blew away any other competitor! We had 7 horderves that were INCREDIBLE, the stations we had were setup perfectly, the staff were upbeat, friendly and working very hard! The food was so good people were going back for thirds! The bartenders did a phenomenal job with the drinks and getting our guests their beverages quickly and efficiently. I cant express how happy we were with David and how well he worked with the other vendors and making our wedding so perfect!! Thank you, David, Alicia, and the entire team at Chef expressions!

Sent on 01/13/2020
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Barth · Married on 12/10/2019

Wonderful hospitality and fantastic food!

Chef's Expressions is one of the very best caterers I have had the pleasure to meet through the years. Everything is done with the utmost professionalism. The food is thoughtfully presented and is always delicious! Megan and the rest of the staff are attentive to their clients and guests and are a pleasure to be with. We love having them at our venue, La Banque de Fleuve, and look forward to seeing them this year in Havre de Grace!

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Scott

Scott · Married on 11/09/2019

Perfect Precision

Wedding planning shouldn’t be hard, and the team at Chefs Expressions made sure of that. We first met Bonny Opper from Chefs Expressions at a wedding expo hosted by the Gramercy Mansion. We were able to taste their food, see their service, and meet Bonny, a feisty, hardworking, absolute wedding expert! Bonny and her team at Chefs Expressions guided Paul and I through every step of our wedding process, engaging us in a 2-hour planning session at their offices, and handled our requests with professionalism and precision. Bonny and her team were super easy to communicate with, and ensured that our wedding was exactly what we wanted, and not some canned, by-the-book event. From working within our modest budget, ensuring we had gluten free options for our guests, and even including a wedding cake, the Chefs Expressions team was fantastic. The absolute best part was the fact that Bonny also served as our day-of coordinator, ensuring that everything went perfectly as planned on the wedding day, taking all of the stress away from us. We would definitely recommend Bonny and her team at Chefs Expressions to anyone who is looking for a caterer!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Shawna

Shawna · Married on 10/19/2019

Exemplary!

Jerry and his staff at Chef's Expressions were absolutely amazing. We felt supported every step of our wedding planning. On the day of our wedding, they were professional and accommodating. We received countless compliments stating that this was the best food and experience our guests ever had at a wedding. We would recommend them without reservation! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/27/2019

Chrissy Vanyur · Married on 10/13/2019

Great Staff & Fantastic Food!

We had the pleasure of working with Bonny at Chef’s Expressions for our wedding. Bonny is extremely sweet and made us feel comfortable throughout the planning process, always answering our (many) questions and working through the details. She even acted as our day of coordinator, which was a huge help! We actually signed a contract with Chef’s Expressions before we ever tasted the food because we really “clicked” with Bonny during our initial call. That said, the food was outstanding. We were blown away at our tasting by the quality and the flavor. Everything tasted exactly the same on the wedding day. Overall the experience was fantastic and we would absolutely recommend!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Cheryl

Cheryl Black · Married on 10/05/2019

My Catering experience

My family and I met with Megan and it was a great experience. She was very knowledgeable and explained everything thoroughly. She was personable and truly listened to what my fiancé and I wanted on our special day. I would recommend this caterer to any and everyone. I believe that my special day will be perfect with the chef expressions team.

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Megan

Megan Perry · Married on 05/25/2019

Best caterer I've ever encountered; way exceeded expectations!

These folks are amazing! Chef's Expressions went above and beyond for my wedding in May 2019. We worked mostly with Bonny throughout the whole process. She was very responsive, professional, flexible when we changed our minds about a few things, and gave us advice about linens & cake flavors when we hit some wedding decision fatigue! Their menu selection was elegant and fun at a reasonable price. I have celiac disease so I had the extra need of everything being 100% gluten-free, and their team was fantastic in accommodating that, as well as my guests' dietary needs. On the wedding day, the food was all so delicious, the timing of service was perfect, and Bonny (who was on-site) kept an eye on things to make sure everything flowed smoothly. They also sent us home with 2 extra servings of our entrée so we could enjoy it again later, which was a very nice touch. I HIGHLY recommend Chef's Expressions! You can't go wrong with them!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Hailey · Married on 10/29/2018

Chef's Expressions is amazing and I don't think I could have planned my wedding without them (I planned my wedding in 10 days)! When I had this crazy idea, they were willing to jump right on board! I worked with Megan and she was the jack of all trades! She was quite literally my wedding planner, caterer, photographer, photo booth attendant, and wedding day extraordinaire! Worth every penny! Megan and team set-up all the tables perfectly, constructed a photo booth, decorated the cake with flowers (which was absolutely beautiful and all I did was provide a few pictures from pinterest!), and even took fantastic pictures (I did not have a photographer for my event). Megan was wonderful at communicating with me and making sure every last detail was covered (food choices, table decorations, number of tables, timing during the event, etc.). She listened to all my requests and executed them flawlessly! Chef's Expressions went above and beyond my expectations and I couldn't thank them enough!

When it got to the food I was more than pleasantly surprised (I obviously did not get to try it ahead of time). The food both looked and tasted amazing! People are still raving about how good the grilled cheese with tomato soup and the french fries were! We had a sit down dinner and the servers were very friendly and timely. They also looked like they were just having so much fun! I couldn't have asked for a better caterer and would recommend to anyone looking for the best for their wedding day!

Sent on 01/06/2018

Jennifer · Married on 07/21/2018

We were very happy with our event catered by Chef's Expressions. Everyone we worked with was helpful, professional, and kind.

Sent on 08/06/2018

emily · Married on 07/21/2018

The food was amazing and the service was top notch! Alicia and her team are awesome And definitely worth the money.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/03/2018

Chef's Expressions did an INCREDIBLE job at our June 2018 wedding. Working with Alicia, Jerry, and team was seamless. Alicia is not only part of the catering team, but a coordinator as well. They met with us at the venue countless times prior to the ceremony and handled all of our questions and calls so well. They worked closely with us to make sure that our vision was seen in every aspect, from the actual food and drink items to the design of the menu card. We had custom items such as a margarita bar and gelato station. And they even made my cake, and it was beautiful and DELICIOUS!!! After the wedding, all of the guests were talking about how AMAZING the food was. We can't thank Chef's Expressions enough for such a memorable event!!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Jennifer · Married on 04/07/2018

Bonny, Alicia, and the Chef’s Expressions Crew did an excellent job catering our wedding. They kept the trains running on time and were incredibly helpful and professional both before the event and on our wedding day. We also had a lot of guests with dietary restrictions, and Chef’s Expressions was able to accommodate everyone. Such accommodations did bump up the price a bit, but our guests with dietary issues had a great time and were so appreciative. The food was excellent—guests are still raving four months after the wedding!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Gosia · Married on 10/07/2017

Great food and were able to bundle our tables/chairs/linens/cake/alcohol/desserts and everything turned out great.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Jody · Married on 09/23/2017

Chef's Expression's helped making our wedding day GREAT!! Our guests raved about the food and the desserts were AMAZING!! Everyone at Chef's Expressions was great to work with and made every detail we requested perfect. Hats off to the chef, servers, Phyllis and Alicia for a great job. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Lindsay · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband Steve and I used Chef’s Expessions for our wedding in September and we couldn’t have been more pleased. From the moment we met with Megan the very first time, we knew it would be a perfect fit. Megan was so great to work with as well as our day of coordinator Alex, and the rest of the staff that worked with us the day of. Everyone was so sweet and accommodating and seemed to really enjoy being a part of our day. Megan was absolutely amazing throughout the entire process. I asked about a million questions and she answered all of them genuinely and never seemed annoyed or bothered. She helped to make our day so perfect and I’ll forever be grateful to her for that. Megan and Alex made sure all of the details were sorted out and that the vision we wanted really came to life. The food was delicious and made quite an impression on us and our guests. I can’t thank them enough and would absolutely recommend them to anyone who is looking for the best for their wedding day.

Sent on 12/30/2017

Michele · Married on 08/05/2017

Delicious food and best staff to work with! They ensured our wedding day went off without a hitch, from helping me get down the aisle to ensuring that our reception ran smoothly.

Sent on 01/13/2018

Karen · Married on 07/28/2017

We worked with Bonny & Alicia for our Wedding and right from the get go and they were an absolute pleasure! They walked us thru everything from the very beginning from picking out the hors d'oeuvres to the final dish, from picking out the glassware to the linens. Their planning process was a breeze! Anytime we emailed them question they were very quick to get back to us with the answer. The night of both Alicia & Bonny were very helpful. They are literally your Wedding Coordinator. No need to hire one, they have it covered! Our guests were very pleased not only with their food but their services as well. If you want the best for your Wedding, look no further!

Sent on 10/20/2017

MJ · Married on 07/16/2017

This event was not a wedding, but it resulted in a perfect celebration!

Sent on 10/07/2017
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/24/2017

Chef's Expressions was amazing! i was so happy with everything, from our tasting all the way through our wedding day! On our wedding day, I was so impressed with how smoothly everything went. Alicia worked so hard and honestly was more like a day-of coordinator. She helped to make sure our cocktail hour and reception flowed smoothly, and helped to alleviate any stress that could have arisen. Because of her and the Chef's Expressions staff, we had an amazing wedding day!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Angela · Married on 06/03/2017

I'm so happy with our decision to hire Chef's Expressions. They were so amazing and accommodating the entire time while planning our wedding. Bonnie was my main contact all year - she answered my many questions and helped keep us within our budget. She was super helpful with recommendations on food and linens. When it came to the day of the wedding, Alex helped to make sure that everything ran smoothly. He helped my with my veil on the way down the aisle, adhered to our timeline, and the staff made sure my flowers, candles, menus, etc. were set out and looked nice. I loved working with both of them and, omg, the food was excellent!! I got nonstop comments from the guests on how great the food was and still, a few weeks after the wedding my family is talking about the food. I can't say enough great things about this catering company and its employees - Hire Them!!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Jenn · Married on 05/20/2017

Chef Expressions catered my wedding this past May and they did a fabulous job. Megan Cloman was wonderful to work with and everyone is still complimenting the food (even our uncle who is also a caterer!). Alicia Strawderman handled the logistics flawlessly. They walked me through the very-overwhelming process of planning a wedding (we had 120 guests and I did the planning) and found a way to accommodate all my special requests, including food prep (i wanted grilled not poached fish), beverages/snacks available at arrival, etc. I would absolutely work with them again!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Lindsay · Married on 05/06/2017

Loved the food for our wedding on 5/6/17! They would able to provide a great vegan option and the appetizers were fun and unique! We also loved our cake which was half carrot and half lemon with blueberries! The staff was so helpful and made sure the night went smooth!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Denise · Married on 04/15/2017

Simply put, Chef's Expressions is the best there is. Hire them! We used Chef's Expressions to cater our wedding on April 15, 2017. Absolutely everything was perfection - from the initial contact, to the planning, to the final day. Bonny and Alicia helped create and execute a delicious menu, and also worked very closely with me on some very difficult dietary restrictions (Passover and gluten-free). My guests repeatedly complimented how smoothly the reception proceeded, that the food was the best they ever had, and kept going back for second helpings of the cake! So delicious!! They are a full service caterer, and also managed all of the event rentals such as linens, tables, chairs, etc. Working with Bonny and Alicia was a breeze and if I need a caterer in the future, I won't even bother thinking of anyone else! Endless gratitude for making such a special day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 04/21/2017

Julia · Married on 12/17/2016

The food and wedding cake from Chef's Expressions was fabulous and their pear salad was the talk of the evening! We had a late guest that had been stranded in Phoenix (a fact they didn't know), a hot meal was fixed and delivered to her at 9:45 when she arrived. Bonny and Alicia were so flexible, they made our lives so much easier than they could have been. All of their personnel was extremely professional.

Sent on 01/24/2017

Lee Ann · Married on 11/10/2016

Definitely check out all they have to offer - the service and the food were wonderful! Chef's Expressions catered a corporate event for our organization - we would hire them again!

Sent on 12/19/2016