Chef Penelope's Catering Reviews

Chef Penelope's Catering 7

3.4
      3.0
      2.0

The office staff were great and very responsive. However, they catered our wedding and the food was subpar. They also threw our cake lady's stuff away (they did reimburse us). We had high hopes, but they fell flat. Penelope is great though!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Azia · Married on 06/30/2018

2.6
      2.0
      1.0
      1.0

Chef Penelope did my wedding on 06/30/2018 at the Global Event Center. Me and my husband were disappointed. We paid 6000.00 because we read the reviews and thought this was the right chose. Pretty decent food and waiters who seemed irritated. Our food was COLD ! Plus the servers gave our cake to a random person who in return lost our top tier wedding cake ! ( you read that right, our wedding cake( the top tier we were saving for our 1 year anniversary) was lost because one of the servers just randomly gave it to someone. I partially blame that on my coordinator and on the waiters. We now have to get another top tier re-made. I had a few guests say the food was good but we wouldn't know because all our food was cold. After our wedding we went to Papa Johns.
    During our entire event it was difficult figuring out what was going on. The communication was off. Steven would work with my coordinator then my coordinator would tell me things late then Steven wouldnt be responsive to certain emails. It was like running in circles.
    We didn't get what we promised when we were "Wowd" with the tasting. We were told we would be able to pick the chaving dishes and pick other things, the week of our wedding none of that happened. They picked it for us.

We read all the reviews and thought this wouldve been the best food ever. It wasnt, I was dissapointed to pay 6000.00 to be served cold food. But hey the guests seemed to enjoy it so I guess thats a win.

Sent on 07/19/2018

Chef Penelope's Catering's reply:

Azia,-Thank you so much for writing this review. We wanted to address your concerns.
    Cold food:(…So happy your guest enjoyed the food! Sometimes we will serve the couple and by the time they get done talking and then sit down the food is cold. The “togo” basket is always sent cold, so as to not go bad, with the expectation that it will be heated.
    Communication….As soon as we saw this we immediately looked back at the emails to see if we had failed to respond to you. We counted over 80 emails (back and forth:) and they all were quick turn arounds. We try so hard to stay in communication with our brides. I know Steven went out of his way to take care of you every time you called. We are so sad to see a 1 in the rating, we would love you to change this please, we worked so hard for you. we were there for you every time you called or emailed. I don’t know if you meant that you asked your planner a question and didn’t get a response back quickly, but we responded to your emails and your planners emails super quick. We are sad that you were unhappy with us.
    Irritated Servers…We are sorry that they seemed irritated, we thank you for telling us and we will immediately talk to them. Again thank you for sharing your feedback.
    Missing Cake ….We hate, hate, hate that this happened. Unfortunately, once our team leaves at the end of the night we can no longer control where things are put. Again we are so sorry that this happened.
    Special equipment….I wish we would have known that you wanted to come pick out your own equipment. We would have been more than happy to let you!. I know that Steven worked very very hard to make sure that your needs were met and your buffet looked amazing.
    Your wedding was so beautiful and we were so blessed to have been a part of it. We would love for you to give us a call today at the office to discuss further. You are so important to us!!