Chef Penelope's Catering Reviews

Chef Penelope's Catering 5
Chef Penelope's Catering 6
Chef Penelope's Catering 7

Ashley · Married on 07/19/2014

Chef Penelope and her team were an amazing asset to my wedding! The food was spectacular, and their bartenders and waiters could not have been any better. We had a chicken and waffle bar, and our guests loved the uniqueness of this option. I loved that Chef Penelope and her team listened to what we wanted and even went out of their way to accommodate any special needs we had. They even had listed that my mom hated jalepeno cornbread, which we thought went above and beyond. The take home box that they packed for us was a great surprise and we loved getting to have a midnight snack after the wedding. We could not have been any happier with the catering at our wedding!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Jennifer · Married on 06/28/2014

LOVE Chef Penelope and Anita! The food was great. The catering staff was very professional. Would love to work with them again!

Sent on 11/25/2014

My husband Jason and I hired Chef Penelope to cater our wedding. Chef Penelope, Anita and their staff were all very professional and extremely kind and accommodating. Everything was perfect and all of our guests were raving about how delicious the food was

Sent on 07/22/2014

Katherine · Married on 05/31/2014

Chef Penelope and her team helped to make our wedding absolutely perfect! Everyone there was talking about how good the food was! The menu was incredibly unique and seasonal, and there was something for everyone. Chef was very flexible with tweaking our menu a few times before the big day. The sophisticated twist that Chef and her team were able to put on our southern-style food was incredible! The service, food, and overall experience couldn't have been better!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Brandiann · Married on 05/24/2014

They were such a pleasure to work with and the food at our wedding was superb!

Sent on 05/27/2014

Patty · Married on 05/03/2014

Chep Penelope and her staff were great to work with. They offered what seemed like and endless list of food options. Thankfully our daughter knew exactly what she wanted for the buffet at her wedding, and so decisions were easily made. Our daughter was an out of town bride with little availabilty to meet with Chef and her staff. They made themselves available at our daughter's convenience and were always glad to do so. The food at the wedding was fantastic. If they had to make a choice, I think our guests liked the mac and cheese best, but really they enjoyed all of the food. Chef's staff is professional, attentive, kind and easy to work with. Thank You Chef Penelope, Anita and Staff

Sent on 06/09/2014

Kaytee · Married on 04/04/2014

Chef P and her staff are amazing! They created a custom menu for us and we couldn't wait for our wedding to eat all the food we selected! Everything was perfect, we could not have asked for a better caterer to work with!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Ashley · Married on 03/29/2014

Chef Penelope and her crew were amazing! They are very kind and quick to reply to any of my emails. The food was to die for! I knew when I met Chef P I wanted her to cater my wedding. She was funny, kind, and we both love food! We got along immediately. I would recommend anyone to Chef P for any event. Anita was so sweet and fun. My guests are still raving about the meal. Thanks again!

Sent on 04/14/2014

Amanda · Married on 10/26/2013

I had a wonderful time working with the Chef Penelope crew. My fiance and I changed our minds a few times about what food to have (it was all amazing), and we needed some special vegetarian dishes as well. The team was very easy to work with the whole time!
    The servers at our wedding were all very professional and polite, and willing to go the extra mile to help make everything go smoothly. I can't remember the name of the lady who helped me, specifically, but she always made sure that I had a glass of water (even offering to bring it from my table to where I was since I was constantly walking around and talking with people)!
    Couldn't have asked for better help, or better food! They even packed us to-go boxes so we could have something to eat after the wedding ended!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Courtney · Married on 10/04/2013

Chef Penelope's Catering team did a fantastic job with the food for our wedding! They were incredibly responsive before we even signed a contract with them, providing multiple menus for us to work with as we tried to fit everything into our budget. They had a great selection of dishes to choose from, but were also willing to make adjustments or create anything else we may have wanted to add to the menu. Chef Penelope herself even went over the final menu and details with me, and gave me her personal phone number so I could contact her if I had any questions or concerns. She really cared about making our day the best she could. And the food for the wedding was delicious!! A number of guests made a point of telling us so!! The team was also so kind as to pack a little basket for my husband and I to take with us at the end of the evening that had two more plates of food, cake, and a bottle of wine. It was such a nice gesture, and we were very grateful for it when we got back to our hotel room in the early morning hours and feeling hungry!! Chef Penelope's catering was definitely a great choice!!

Sent on 01/05/2014

Kelly · Married on 09/29/2013

Chef Penelope catering was AMAZING!!! She catered to our every wish!! We had a destination wedding in Nashville as we were travelling from California and New York. Weddings in these states are practically 100% plated meals. We were a little skeptical when we found out that primary option we had was a buffet style dinner. Dead wrong! This was without a doubt the BEST wedding food that we’ve ever had, from taste to presentation. Instead of an overcooked piece of steak or a dried out piece of chicken with a couple of veggies on the side, we had an absolute feast where you could dine to your hearts content! I have to single out the kickin' mac and cheese, the bacon green beans, the roasted potatoes, the lemon capered chicken, and the beef carving station - everything was delicious and plentiful and the presentation was beyond beautiful. Not your typical buffet! Trust me, if you go with Chef Penelope, your guests will be talking about their meals for days to come! She was wonderful to work with, so accommodating, listened to all of our questions and concerns and completely put us at ease with her process. She also provided bar service that was top notch as well. Trust me you cannot go wrong here!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Rosie · Married on 09/14/2013

The food was delicious and Penelope and her staff were a pleasure to work with. They are very reliable and professional! The presentation was also very nice. Anytime we needed anything they were super accommodating. She even made a recipe of my mom’s that I wanted to have in the wedding and it was fabulous. I would defiantly recommend Chef Penelope!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Jamie · Married on 09/01/2013

Chef Penelope, Anita and the crew were great. There were compliments all night on the food. Not only was it delicious but it was beautifully displayed. They were kind and sensitive to the needs of the family and to those with special needs. I would recommend them in a heartbeat and will use them again.

Sent on 09/13/2013

Kimberly · Married on 08/10/2013

Chef Penelope is the most amazing caterer. Her food and her team are wonderful. I could not have asked for anything more. My friends are still talking about the food at our wedding

Sent on 08/23/2013

Sandy · Married on 06/09/2013

Nashvillians if you have not met Chef Penelope, you need to. We came to Nashville from Louisiana for our daughter's wedding at Mint Springs Farm. We take our food and drink very serious and I was hoping that we could incorporate some of our local culture in the reception. Penelope was the caterer for our wedding and I feel she could compete in any cook-off with any chef's from our area. From the pass-arounds of Gumbo Shooters to an entree of Cajun stuffed pork loin, she had our guests wanting more and even her recipes.
    She needs a rating of 5+. I would highly recommend her for any party needs as she has the ability to adapt menus to your tastes.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Chef Penelope and her staff are wonderful! Her dishes are delicious and she has tastings for you to come and sample dishes to select for your event. One of my favorite things about Penelope is her enthusiasm and passion for food. She is personally invested in every event! And Her set ups and decor are ABSOLUTELY outstanding!! She doesn't cut any corners.

She is very willing to work with any budget, and stick to it. I appreciated that. I found her to be very responsive, although not overly concerned with minute planning/business details which is a good balance to us obsessive brides, but the details of her FOOD are excellent! A couple of weeks/days before the wedding, I was calling her every other afternoon asking questions about if this dish fit the theme of the wedding or if we should add this dish, or switch it for another one. I think I changed by chicken dish four or five times in a few days and she was so patient with me and my, in hindsight, silly concerns. She is very patient and has a great sense of humor. The bartenders did a great job, too.

I wish the chocolate fountain had more items to dip in it (maybe get a list of what will be provided) and wish the strawberries were whole instead of sliced up. Also, we had to find our own cocktail recipe and I wish the bartenders would have told us the ingredients and amounts we needed (we were kind of on our own with it).

Chef Penelope is very generous in everything she does, responds to calls, and really provides service and food that no one can beat at that price.

Sent on 07/28/2013

Jenni · Married on 04/13/2013

Chef Penelope is the greatest caterer in Nashville! Food is creative, delicious, beautiful, reasonably priced, all homemade and gourmet. Her staff is impeccable and in tune with the vibe of the party. I plan dozens of catered events a year and Penelope is my first choice every time.

Sent on 04/16/2013

Kathleen · Married on 04/05/2013

I had the pleasure of working with Chef Penelope and her wonderful team to prepare the bar services for my son's and his bride's wedding. Chef Penelope took great care to personally answer my questions and to offer suggestions about how the bar service would work most effectively. Chef Penelope was on sight during the entire event and managed every aspect of the bar service and the toast to the bride and groom. Her team was friendly and constantly in motion to serve guests. I am so grateful for Chef Penelope and her team as they created a wedding for my son and his bride that was a spectacular and enjoyable event.

Sent on 04/15/2013

Kevin · event on 12/13/2012

Very satisfied. First time using this service and will do so again. Food was delicious, warm, professionally served. Staff was attentive and responsive. All aspects of the service were perfect. We received many compliments on how tasty the food was.

Sent on 01/03/2013

Suzanne · Married on 12/08/2012

Chef Penelope

My daughter’s wedding was December 8, 2012 at The Red House in Franklin, TN.
    Chef Penelope did all of our catering and I can’t say enough good things about her and her entire staff. We opted for hors d'oeuvres instead of a meal and the suggestions Chef Penelope made were perfect. The food was amazing. So many of the guests came up to me to tell me how good everything was.

I had also bought some cups, plates, plastic wear etc for the bar and the cake tables and I just handed them to Chef Penelope and she made sure they were placed where they needed to be. It really helped me out a lot.

I couldn’t have asked for anything more perfect. I would highly recommend Chef Penelope to anyone who needs a caterer in the Nashville area.

Thank you, Chef Penelope, for everything that you did to make my daughter’s special day so perfect.

Suzanne
    Memphis, TN

Sent on 12/22/2012

Rosie · Married on 10/13/2012

They did an excellent job! They were very friendly and the food was great!

Sent on 11/06/2013

jeanie · Married on 10/12/2012

Chef Penelope and her team were responsive, flexible, and provided expert guidance in helping us to plan my daughter's wedding dinner reception. She delivered on all that was promised, and more. The food was fabulous and received rave reviews. It was a great value for the money, and I would highly recommend her for any catered event you may be planning.

Sent on 10/24/2012

Elisa · Married on 10/04/2012

Chef Penelope is just fabulous. Not only is the food so yummy, she catered to my guests allergies. I had one guest with a nut allergy and one with a dairy allergy. She made a separate dish non dairy, and was cautious with any nut contamination. If I had any questions, they were quick to respond on email. Everything was just perfect!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Suzy · Married on 09/21/2012

Chef Penelope is an amazing caterer. Her and her staff are a delight to work with. They were all very professional and met all our our needs. The food was amazing and so was the display. Thank you for catering our wedding. You are a true gem in the industry!

Sent on 10/04/2012

Nicole · Married on 09/09/2012

I asked for a fresh southern/farmer's market type menu and Chef Penelope nailed it! I heard so many good things from all of our family & friends about how delicious everything was and people repeatedly used the exact word "fresh" to describe it because of the great produce and ingredients utilized. Several people said it was the BEST WEDDING FOOD they had ever had!!! The presentation was fabulous as well.

I feel like the food leaves behind one of the strongest impressions with the guests (besides the ceremony of course!) and I couldn't be happier we went with Chef Penelope. The staff was also very professional and helpful and at the end of the night they even prepared a to-go basket of food for us with sparkling cider and a sunflower! How cute?! Overall the experience exceeded my expectations.

Sent on 09/18/2012