Chef Penelope's Catering Reviews

Chef Penelope's Catering 5
Chef Penelope's Catering 6
Chef Penelope's Catering 7

Samantha · Married on 04/08/2016

The food was excellent. The staff was very professional and friendly. The corporate staff was very attentive and responsive, which is a big plus when you are working with multiple vendors. My guests raved about the food, especially the chicken with creamy mushroom sauce (yum). Overall, it was great and I would use Chef Penelope in the future for sure.

Sent on 04/11/2016

Catherine · Married on 03/12/2016

Chef Penelope was a dream - our families still rave that we had the best wedding food they've had! We went with international food stations and in our first meeting with CP's team, my husband and I told Steven about all of the dishes my husband used to make for me when he was still winning my affection. When I received our preliminary menu, Steven had truly listened to our story and included all of our favorite flavors (down to the mango thai chili risotto that we used to make!). Most of our guests told us later that they had gone back up to the stations for seconds and thirds! CP had setup a private dinner for us and the staff was so attentive and made sure my husband and I never had to ask for a thing. The presentation of our stations was gorgeous and they even made our to-go dinner beautiful! I would absolutely recommend Chef Penelope's team to any Nashville couple - the team was so responsive and upbeat. The whole process was stress-free and delicious!

Sent on 04/22/2016

Danielle · Married on 11/14/2015

My name is Danielle and I was the Wedding Planner on the Timmerman/Barber Wedding this past weekend. I have to tell everyone that the staff at Chef Penelope's Catering is by far some of the best I have had the pleasure of working with. Ann Marie Shields( Catering Direcetor) is a gem! so delightful, happy and helpful. I also just need to take a minute and say how AMAZING Anita and her staff were this past Saturday night. It was an absolute pleasure to work with all of you. Anita is by far one of the hardest working caterer’s I have ever met. She and her staff totally kicked butt in helping my assistant and I flip the room from ceremony to reception. This wasn’t a normal flip either. Each table had about 13 things that needed to be placed on them. My assistant and I had no idea it would be such a task. Without the assistance of Anita and her team. We never would have been ready in time. I mean that whole heartedly. I don’t know what I would have done without them.
    I feel blessed to have had been surrounded by such amazing, talented, and helpful people. The food was also incredible!! I highly recommend Chef Penelope's Catering. They make you feel like family. xoxox

Sent on 11/17/2015

Erica · Married on 11/14/2015

Chef Penelope's did an awesome job on the food for our wedding. From cocktail hour through dessert, they did not disappoint. We had tons of guests who have told us the food was delicious - especially the shrimp and grits shooters, kickin mac and cheese and the banana pudding shots!

The whole process with Chef Penelope's was wonderful - they are EXTREMELY helpful and have everything covered. I knew I had nothing to worry about!

Sent on 11/30/2015
  • Melody

Melody · Married on 10/10/2015

We used Chef Penelope's Catering for our wedding and they were one of our favorite vendors to work with! One of the most important elements of a successful party is delicious food and plenty of it. Our tasting with Chef was wonderful and we ended up doing a buffet with enough food for 100 people. We had about 50 to 60 guests total and we only had two plates of food left over the next day! We got so many compliments on the food and many of our guests went up for seconds and thirds. Chef Penelope also catered out cocktail hour and did an excellent job - her staff are all very professional and very helpful. We also hired a bartender through Chef and she concocted a wonderful drink called Rum Punch that had almost all of our guests dancing until the very end of our reception. Ann Marie, the catering director, deserves a special shout out for being such an incredible help! She looked over our rental order and helped us add items that we didn't know we needed, such as extra tables for the buffet and for the bar, as well as an additional table for the drink station. Chef Penelope's Catering definitely earned all five stars!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Brittany · Married on 10/03/2015

They were wonderful! Very helpful and responsive with my requests and questions. I had guests raving about the food for days! :)

Sent on 10/22/2015

We loved Chef Penelope's Catering and so did everyone at our wedding! We received so many compliments on the delicious food! Chef Penelope provided us with several occasions to attend tasting events at her kitchen prior to the wedding which helped us to determine exactly what we wanted to serve at our wedding. They were also very flexible and able to work with us on our budget which was amazing!! Overall, we were extremely happy with Chef Penelope's Catering!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Kaley · Married on 09/19/2015

Probably my favorite vendor meeting while planning my wedding. Knowledgeable about our reception space and how to create the best flow for our guests. The food is obviously incredible but they were willing to work with us on budget (especially when we used price comparisons from other companies). I will use them for every major event from here on out!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Meagan · Married on 09/12/2015

I've worked with Chef Penelope on several weddings. They always go above and beyond their job! The food is always fantastic and their servers are a joy to work with!! I'd recommend Penelope and her team any day!!

Sent on 09/16/2015

janet · Married on 09/05/2015

Absolutely THE BEST!!!! The menu was delicious - all the guests were commenting on how good EVERYTHING tasted!!!! The staff was wonderful to work with . They were professional, personable and so helpful throughout the night - even when we were breaking things down after the wedding had ended. From our first tasting to the last Chef Penelope is amazing!!! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Meki · Married on 08/22/2015

Chef Penelope did an amazing job catering my wedding. My guests have raging about the day and have all said "Meki the food was amazing!". It was very important to have really good food and for it to be ranked high along with decor... it was!

The staff was amazing, they truly took care of us. They made sure the wedding party had some food as we transitioned into cocktail hour, they even packed up dinner for David and I. Most bride and grooms don't eat much as people are wanting to congratulate you and take pics, David ate all his food and I was able to eat about half, but we definitely enjoyed it the next day.

Chef P thanks for catering our wedding and the delicious food!

Sent on 09/05/2015

Lindsay · Married on 06/05/2015

Chef Penelope is amazing. My husband and I really wanted our guest to have a southern experience at our wedding, from our venue to our food. Chef Penelope and her staff created an amazing menu that met our needs. The staff was wonderful, and even sent us home with a plate to eat.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Lucy · Married on 05/16/2015

We could not have been more pleased with Chef Penelope's Catering! They were so helpful in choosing a menu and offered an opportunity to taste what we chose. Their food is amazingly delicious! The staff was always helpful and professional and encouraging. They offered great tips for a lovely dinner and cocktail hour while keeping our budget in control. Our buffet table was decorated and displayed beautifully. They even offered cake cutting service as part of our package. We would use them again in a heartbeat and hope we have the opportunity to do so!

Sent on 05/19/2015

The food was yummy. And Chef Penelope was so easy to work with. Her team is terrific. I would use her again.

Sent on 05/04/2015

Wonderful food! They worked with us to create our perfect menu that was personalized to us. The chicken and waffles were out of this world! We have had numerous guests contact us about how great the food was!

Sent on 04/07/2015

What can I say? Penelope KNOWS what she is doing. Not only was the food amazing, but her customer service is top-notch. After we first met with Penelope, there was no question about who we wanted to cater our wedding. We checked a couple of other places just as a formality, but no one could top her dedication to making our special day extra special. Thank you so much, Penelope!

Sent on 03/30/2015

The catering was far and away the best and easiest part of my wedding. The food was WONDERFUL and the staff was a 10 out of 10. They checked in with me often throughout the night and were never more than a few steps away if something came up. The planning process was so incredibly easy and the day of they FAR exceeded my expectations.

Sent on 04/18/2015

Pamela · Married on 03/07/2015

Chef P is AMAZING!!! Our family and friends are still talking about how delicious the food was. It was always easy to get ahold of chef P when we had questions. I wish I could have Chef P as my personal chef everyday!

Sent on 04/08/2015

Chef Penelope and her wonderful staff went out of their way to make us feel taken care of in our wedding preparation and the day itself. They were more than accommodating, and definitely have this whole thing down to a science, since they ONLY do weddings. That is just what we were looking for. Their quote was thousands of dollars cheaper than any other we received in town, which made me nervous at first, but was clearly no cause for alarm once I tasted the food. Everyone raved about it at the wedding - young and not-so-young. One poor, over-indulgent friend even had to go lay down after having not seconds, but thirds. Yes, really. Decadent, delicious, and well-delivered. Her staff is so attentive (they take care of you all night!), and the buffet displays were just gorgeous. We are so happy we went with Chef Penelope.

Sent on 02/12/2015

Jenny · Married on 11/09/2014

Oh my gosh, I wish I had the food we had on our wedding day right now! Literally Chef Penelope went above and beyond all expectations I had, and the food was phenomenal! After the wedding we had family and friends texting and calling us asking what Chef put in her kickin' mac and cheese because they needed the recipe. Chef did all the food from hour d'evours at cocktail hour and all of the dinner food. She even helped me incorporate my moms Hot Pepper Jelly into our food, which was great because I grew up watching my mom make her jelly and I've always loved it. And when we left Mint Springs, Chef had prepared 3 to-go boxes full of all the food from the night for Ben and I to enjoy. (because we all know the bride and groom doesn't really get to eat at the reception, too many people to talk too!) But Chef did a fantastic job, and her whole team really made us feel so special. I would recommend Chef Penelope to every bride, she will truly customize and make your meal memorable. Thank you Chef Penelope and team for everything-- we loved every single bite!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Great food! No issues whatsoever. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 11/19/2014
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 09/20/2014

I loved the food Penelope served for my wedding. They even customized a "hot dog station" specifically for my husband! Their food is delicious and unique. Perfect combo for a wedding!

Sent on 02/20/2015

GREAT all across the board. Thanks a bunch we overly blessed that you company delivered great service and food . You guys rock!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Kristy · Married on 08/27/2014

Chef Penelope's Catering was amazing! Everything went great and we were very happy with how things turned out.The staff is very attentive and helpful. Unfortunately I discovered after the fact that we had forgotten to bring a box down to the bar with signature drink necessities in it. However, the staff was creative and quick witted and went ahead and made their own puree for the bar for the signature drinks so I am SO thankful for that. The staff is great and I would also like to commend Tina (one of our bartenders) specifically too. Apparently quite a few of my industry guests knew her from working with her and they had nothing, but nice things to say about her. She was an absolute gem on the bar.Thanks again to Chef Penelope's Catering!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Chef Penelope and her crew were AMAZING!! I could not have picked a better caterer for my special day! Everyone loved their meal and the service provided!

Sent on 08/12/2014