Chef Penelope's Catering Reviews

Chef Penelope's Catering 6
Chef Penelope's Catering 7

Billy Dodson 路 Married on 03/30/2019

Our Dream Day!!

We had many wishes of how we wanted our big day to go. People were constantly telling us to not get upset, as there's always something that goes "not as planned" on your wedding day. Not only was our day as close to perfect as we could have hoped for, we know that it was made all the more special because of Chef Penelope's Catering! My husband and I loved the food, naturally, but we were so happy to hear from an overwhelming number of our guests who echoed our sentiment, regarding the food, as well as the service of Chef Penelope's and her crew! We cannot thank you enough for making our big day a huge success! We would recommend Chef Penelope's to anyone looking for a great experience for their big day! 馃槉馃槉馃槉

Sent on 04/13/2019
    Chef Penelope's Catering 8

Elizabeth 路 Married on 03/30/2019

Wedding Caterer

My husband and I chose Chef Penelope to cater our wedding and couldn鈥檛 be more pleased! We had a wonderful experience with them from the tasting to the big day. We got so many compliments on our food (especially the garlic mashed potatoes)! I loved that we were able to shop their selection of serving dishes to fully match our wedding aesthetic.

Sent on 04/18/2019
  • Betty

Betty 路 Married on 01/05/2019

PERFECT caterer in all ways!

Chef Penelope was the PERFECT choice for our daughters wedding! From the quick response to the tasting and pricing! All excellent. They worked within our budget and we got RAVE reviews! The crew also "fluffed" the tables for us so everything always looked excellent. Book them NOW~!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Ashley 路 Married on 09/29/2018

Chef Penelope's team made us feel like we were the only ones they were catering for. They were an absolute joy to work with and so so reliable. They truly care about their service and give it 110% when it comes to making your dream a reality. They have exceeded our expectations. The food was fantastic and beautifully displayed. We had so many people talk about how amazing the salad dressing and the scalloped potatoes were- highly recommend! We need another event to host so we can use their services again! ;) You should absolutely choose Chef Penelope to cater your next event, they are amazing!!

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Chef Penelope's Catering 14
    Chef Penelope's Catering 15
    Chef Penelope's Catering 16

Jennifer 路 Married on 09/15/2018

Chef Penelope was one of the BEST decisions we made for our wedding. They were so helpful and responsive leading up to the big day. I was AMAZED when the Chef herself called me to review our menu and could hear her say "ok we need to pack this...and bring that" to make sure our day was perfect. And if that wasn't already amazing - people are STILL calling my husband and I am telling us it might be the BEST wedding food they have ever eaten. It was delicious! Best advice - go to their tasting events and then build your menu from there. We did it and believe that is why our menu turned out so well. Thank you for everything Chef Penelope!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Vicky Egli 路 Married on 09/01/2018

Chef Penelope鈥檚 Catering was excellent!

Taste testing all their food was the highlight prior to the wedding - so many wonderful options and all food was delicious, fresh and excellent quality. Great service and value.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Sasha 路 Married on 06/16/2018

Chef Penelope's provided an excellent catering experience for our wedding! We were able to go in for a tasting and meet the staff in December before our June wedding. They were very responsive and I talked with the team multiple times over the phone (since I do not live in Nashville) and they were great at answering all of my various question. We had a buffet style meal and they set it up beautifully - the food displays and signage were great! Lastly, they accommodated a last-minute change to our menu a few days before, which we so appreciated. Thank you Chef Penelope!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Rachael 路 Married on 02/10/2018

Chef Penelope and her team were such a dream to work with! From the first tasting to the last serving on our buffet, there wasn't a single detail missed! Every guest I've spoken to since our wedding has continued to rave about the food! Their professionalism and creativity really made for an incredible experience. Huge thanks to Chef Penelope for helping make our wedding a wonderful night!

Sent on 02/26/2018

Kayla 路 Married on 09/02/2017

There are seriously not enough words to describe how AMAZING it was to work with Chef Penelope and her entire team for my wedding day! Being an event planner from San Diego, who chose to have a destination wedding, meant I would be planning from 2,000+ miles away! Well, even with all the miles between us, they made us feel right at home and helped with every little detail!

The food for our wedding was a HUGE priority! My husband is a self proclaimed 鈥榝oodie鈥 and there was to be ABSOLUTELY NO rubber wedding chicken within a mile of our wedding! Luckily we had Chef Penelope and her team on our side and they worked individually with us to create a custom menu that fit my southern roots with my husbands California tastes!

When it came to our wedding day they not only provided the food, which was hands down the BEST wedding food I have ever had! (That鈥檚 really saying something considering I am a wedding planner and have worked 100鈥檚 of weddings!) but they also provided our bartending services. Between the amazing food and the hospitable bartenders we could not have asked for a more wonderful and accommodating team to be a part of our special day! 鈥 The incredible food is still being talked about by friends and family even 2 months later!

Honestly, no review can do Chef Penelope and her amazing team justice. My only advice is to setup a tasting in person and let the food and hospitality speak for itself!

Sent on 11/01/2017
    Chef Penelope's Catering 24
    Chef Penelope's Catering 25
    Chef Penelope's Catering 26

Julie 路 Married on 07/14/2017

Chef Penelope's Catering was the easiest part of planning our son's rehearsal dinner from out of town! We came to Nashville for a tasting with several catering companies. Chef Penelope's was incredibly professional, organized and the food options were all delicious. After leaving their office, we had confidence that we could trust them to create what we desired and that this was one thing we could mark off our list and not worry about. After making our choices they walked with us every step of the way even as our number grew significantly only weeks before the rehearsal dinner they were catering. They returned my calls and emails immediately, worked with us to stay within our budget and even helped created the atmosphere we had in mind. The food was fabulous and the display perfect.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Giorgio 路 Married on 07/08/2017

Working with Chef Penelope's team was a delight. They were communicative, creative, flexible, and so friendly! You can tell their staff LOVES what they do, and is genuinely invested in making your wedding magical. And their food is incredible! Before the wedding, my husband-to-be and I got to visit their warehouse area to play and choose the layout of the buffet tables, with all the decorations. Detail-oriented, caring, and fun, Chef Penelope is a caterer I would recommend for ANY wedding. They are on the more expensive side, but it was worth every penny.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Chasity 路 Married on 07/07/2017

Professionalism was unbelievable amazing, my guest raved about how this was the best food they ever had, I couldn't have chosen a better company to be apart of my wedding day. I will never forget how incredible the services provided exceeded my expectation! Hats off to the entire crew....

Sent on 07/28/2017

Robert 路 Married on 07/03/2017

I would give chef Penelope a thousand stars if I could--she made absolutely every aspect of the planning process easy, enjoyable, and elegant, and we received so many compliments on the food (even from our picky and hard-to-please relatives) that I know she went above and beyond on the day of our wedding. She's hilarious, charming, creative, and super helpful, but most importantly--she put together one of the best meals I've ever had (and she did it for 230 people in a venue without water or cooking space). If I ever have another event of this scale, I will definitely be booking her. She also served more food than promised and came in under budget. A dream to work with!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Sasha 路 Married on 05/06/2017

We planned on going to a couple catering consultations but after meeting Chef Penelope and her team we booked with them right away. They make a menu catered to exactly what we wanted. The food was so yummy and Chef Penelope's team was on top of everything all night long to ensure that we were happy and fed! Thank you Chef Pen and her team :)

Sent on 05/20/2017

Ryan 路 Married on 04/01/2017

I HIGHLY recommend Chef Penelope! They worked within my budget and the food was amazing! Everyone loved the Kickin Mac & Cheese and our Hot Chicken Bites & Fried Goat Cheese Balls appetizers. They were very accommodating, let us stop in to sample things with last minute notice, and packed us huge to go boxes of food and put them in our getaway car since they know the Bride and Groom rarely get to eat much. I'd definitely use again. Best possible option for a budget conscious bride!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Lauren 路 Married on 10/15/2016

Chef Penelope and her team are so wonderful. They were great to work with and have wonderful food. I would definitely recommend them for anyone looking for catering!! :)

Sent on 12/21/2016

Stephanie 路 Married on 10/08/2016

Chef Penelope's catering was an absolute dream to work with. The food was DELICIOUS and they were kind, considerate, honest, and dedicated. Chef P. worked very hard to say "Yes" to every whim and request I could think of. And, they did successfully say "Yes" to everything I asked for including the creation of a veterans discount for us. How wonderful!! The price was fair and affordable, and they were so, so wonderful to work with. They love weddings and brides, and understand the chaos that comes along with weddings. In a world where people often think the worst and don't trust one another if a detail is missed, this amazing Caterer and her staff assumed positive intent throughout the little mix ups and they all remained completely kind and understanding. It was refreshing to be understood, and to feel valued even when I missed some details. If I ever need to hire a caterer for ANYTHING ever again, Chef Penelope's will be an automatic decision! Thank you, Chef P!! My advice: Order the mashed potatoes, they are to die for!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Kim 路 Married on 10/08/2016

Chef Penelope's team was amazing to work with. The food and presentation was outstanding; we had guests saying they wanted to lick their plates! Chef P's team also helped us coordinate our rentals and even went out to the warehouse with us to make sure we felt comfortable with everything.

Sent on 11/27/2016

Taylor 路 Married on 10/01/2016

If I could give 10 stars, I would - My husband and I were beyond thrilled with the staff, food, and quality of service for our wedding reception! The guests were raving over the unique dishes and friendly staff! Chef P and her crew are the best!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Rebecca 路 Married on 10/01/2016

Chef P was one of the easiest decisions we made when it comes to vendors. She was flexible, affordable and the food was fantastic. The service was great and they went above and beyond our needs and expectations. I highly recommend using Chef P for any of your catering needs.

Sent on 10/13/2016

LeighAnne 路 Married on 07/09/2016

Everyone at Chef Penelope's catering went above and beyond in getting us exactly what we wanted for our wedding day. Not only was the food delicious, the presentation was beautiful as well. There was more than enough food for everyone - which was great as our guests could not stop eating! The food tastings allowed us to try a variety of food options and flexibility to adjust our menu to fit us perfectly. We're just sad that we don't have another event to book them for!

Sent on 07/24/2016

Brigett 路 Married on 06/04/2016

Words can't explain how exceptional everything was with Chef Penelope! Everyone was nice and never got annoyed with my million questions :) The food was always good...but the day of my wedding, the food was over the top! Every guest wanted to know who did our catering and how they could get some more and a personal jar of the salad dressing! Thanks so much for everything Chef Penelope...We Love YOU!!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Trista 路 Married on 05/28/2016

The Chef Penelope Catering Team was amazing!!! At our initial consultation, Chef Penelope went over everything in detail and really put our minds at ease. I had the opportunity to taste the food a few times during our engagement (it was a long one, haha) and, each time, the food was consistently delicious. Every guest RAVED about the food, which is not always the norm at weddings. The staff was always professional and accommodating. Chef Penelope's team also provided my husband and I with a basket that contained appetizers from our cocktail hour, dinner, and cake. I wasn't a believer of the "you don't get to eat" warnings but, trust me, it is true!

We highly recommend Chef Penelope Catering!! We even discussed having her recreate our menu for our 1 year anniversary. :)

Sent on 07/12/2016
  • User5459527 路 2+ years ago

The food was great, the service was great - everyone loved it! They did an excellent job. We never ran out of food and everyone commented on how good it was!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Elsa 路 Married on 04/23/2016

Chef Penelope and her team were by far the best throughout my whole wedding planning. They were always quick to respond and answered every question I had in the most detailed manner. My parents attended a food tasting with me and right from the get-go, they fell in love with Chef Penelope and the food. It's nice to not have to worry about the catering piece when you have hundreds of other things to focus on. Everyone raved about the food during my wedding and it was so nice to feel taken care of during the reception. The servers were phenomenal and were on top of everything. I can't express enough how much I loved working with this team (and how much I loved the food) and I will be reaching out to them for any other catering needs I have. You guys are the best!!!!

Sent on 05/12/2016