Chef Jack's Catering Reviews

95 Reviews for Chef Jack's Catering

Chef Jack's Catering 1
Chef Jack's Catering 2

Jess · Married on 10/20/2018

Chef Jack’s provided delicious food!

Chef Jack’s provided delicious food and a unique experience with chef stations for our wedding!

Candy ran our event, and she was a pleasure though the whole process. Very prompt with her replies, accommodating with any of our requests, eased any worries and was helpful with anything and everything. Even beyond the food! She truly wanted us to have the perfect day! And come the day you can tell she has done this once or twice (wink). The staff was flowing around the room like a dance, everything looked perfect, she checked in with us to make sure everything looked as we had envisioned and I was also touched she brought us food to make sure we were able to eat since she “knew we wouldn’t sit down”. How thoughtful!

So on to the most important thing… the FOOD! The food at our wedding was even better than at the tasting! Everything was phenomenal and guests are still talking about it! (Specifically the pear quesadilla and the Mediterranean station).

Thank you Candy and team for letting us relax and trust all would be taken care of. Thank you for the most delicious food we could have ever hoped for on our wedding day and making us and our guests feel special.

We absolutely recommend Chef Jack’s for your wedding and any event you may be looking to get catered. You will be in good hands!

Sent on 01/04/2019
  • Tyler

Tyler Wilson · Married on 10/19/2018

Best food and service

We used Chef Jacks for our October wedding (180 guests) at The Atrium and they absolutely knocked it out of the ballpark! We worked with Candy, who was extremely helpful throughout the whole process. We were able to customize everything from our table linens/napkins, to our appetizers for cocktail hour as well as our buffet package. Every appetizer is to die for, and their dinner entrees speak for themselves.. AMAZING! If there is one thing you do right on your wedding day, make it the food, and make it Chef Jacks. We are still having guests tell us how amazing all the food was and how great all the catering staff was! We highly recommend Chef Jacks for any of your catering needs.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Lori · Married on 06/16/2018

Can not say enough about how amazing the food is! Chef Jack's was incredibly easy to work with and so many of our wedding guests raved about the food! Everything tasted incredible and the presentation was absolutely beautiful. Highly recommended! Thank you for helping to make our wedding last weekend a dream come true! ~The Garrity's

Sent on 06/25/2018

Katie · Married on 06/16/2018

Chef Jack's was the best caterer that we could have chosen. We had done tastings at 8 different catering locations and Chef Jack's was our top pick by a mile - no other caterer can compare. We did bump our food budget up a little bit to have Chef jack's but it was well worth it. All of our guests loved the appetizers and the dinner was melt in your mouth delicious. Right when they arrived at our venue, immediately Chef Jack's staff started setting up the tables and getting the food prepared. They did everything in the background while I was able to continue getting ready and enjoy the day. The quality of service we received was wonderful; I would definitely recommend Chef Jack's to anyone looking for a caterer.

Sent on 08/11/2018

stacy · Married on 05/11/2018

Chef Jack’s catered a cocktail hour and sit down dinner for my daughter’s wedding in July 2018. We are foodie snobs and have attended quite a few elegant affairs as we live in the suburbs of Washington, DC. Needless to say, our standards are extremely high.

From the first telephone call to the wedding reception, Chef Jack’s has been exceptional. Candy and Tony were very quick to answer questions. Attention to detail is one of the most important aspects of catering. Candy put me at ease time and time again answering my questions and I knew I was in good hands. Candy even made a restrictive plate within a few hours of the event even though it wasn’t ordered previously. Working with Candy was like working with one of my best friends.

The hors d’oeuvres set the tone for a fabulous dining experience. Not only were they visually beautiful, but they tasted as if you were dining from at a fine restaurant. Many guests stopped me that night, and after talking about the ceremony had to tell me right then that the hors d’oeuvres were absolutely delicious and they couldn’t wait to see and taste the dinner. The seated dinner did not disappoint and began with a beautiful presentation of a papaya salad in a martini glass. The dinner was exceptional with the innovative food, quality, and design. The service throughout the evening was outstanding.

It’s now days past the wedding, and the guests continue to talk about the food. Thank you Candy and Chef Jack’s for making the evening distinctive.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Taylor · Married on 05/05/2018

We have not stopped getting compliments on our caterer from the big day! All of the food was delicious and Chef Jack's was very accommodating and helpful to prepare for our celebration!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Elise · Married on 09/23/2017

Chef Jacks was very easy to work with and we are still receiving complements on our wedding food! Highly recommend for any event! Thank you!

Sent on 09/29/2017
  • mkebride

Kristen · Married on 09/23/2017

Chef Jack's was amazing! There food was delicious, their staff amazing, and the planning process a breeze. They helped us with rentals at our venue and that process was so easy. Candy was great to work with and helped us so much to plan the perfect day. I have gotten so many compliments on the food at our wedding. They are a step above every caterer we tried or any wedding food I've had. Things went so smoothly because they are such a wonderful company and so professional. I was worried that turning in our final numbers and figuring out all the final details would be tough, but Candy made it easy and was super helpful. Thank you for everything - it was awesome!

Sent on 10/02/2017

david · Married on 09/09/2017

my wife and i were photographing a wedding at Dover, which was catered by Chef Jack's - as wedding photographers, we have never felt so considered and looked out for by another vendor. one member of the extremely friendly staff even made plates of appetizers for all of us other vendors so that we may also enjoy the magic they had provided - i've seen thoughtful caterers bring a plate to the Bride and Groom for the same reason, but never to the photographers and DJs!
    they are food people, with all the warmth that should go along with that - and more!

Sent on 09/11/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2017

I've been to at least 10 weddings in the Milwaukee area and all of the food has been "just ok." When I started planning my big day from >3000 miles away, I was worried I would't be able to find really good food for an affordable price. Chef Jacks was definitely both. The other thing I was worried about is portion size. Chef Jacks was PLENTY of food, and we did a plated dinner! I highly recommend CJs! They did an incredible job, beautifully served and plated, and tasted awesome! Wouldn't have changed anything to make it better! And the Bailey's chocolate shots and the raspberry sauce with our cake....... AH-mazing.

Sent on 10/23/2017
    Chef Jack's Catering 3
    Chef Jack's Catering 4
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 08/19/2017

I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT HOW AMAZING CHEF JACK'S WAS!! I worked directly with Candy and Tony at Chef Jack's and they were fantastic. They were fantastic with helping me setup table decorations. The staff they had the day of my wedding were amazing; they cleaned each decoration they set out, they thoroughly re-wiped down the silverware and checked their cleanliness, cleaned and packaged everything up nicely and were soooo friendly to us and our guest. If that wasn't enough, their food is to die for!! So many of my guests have commented on how delicious the food was and I myself was thrilled to get a good meal after a whole day of getting ready. I highly suggest the chicken en croute! Their appetizers were all so good it was hard to choose and I'm so glad we got the chocolate cordials. Chef Jack's is absolutely amazing. There's a reason a company is able to stay in business for 30+ years!!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Samantha · Married on 05/20/2017

Going into the planning of our wedding we had this perception in our minds of what wedding food tasted like (not great) so it was important to us that we trail ran our potential vendor. We ended up meeting/taste-testing at four local caterers some were great and some mediocre. Chef Jacks was BY FAR the best that we tasted and surprisingly also a really responsible price (we chose to do plated dinners). Their staff were incredibly friendly and straight-forward — there was never a moment where we felt like we were getting ripped off or not being told the full story. They were prompt with their responses and dealt with all of our silly questions with big smiles on their faces. Come our wedding day the food looked and tasted just as good as the day we taste-tested it in their “office”. So many people were talking about how great it was and were beyond excited about the complimentary chocolate shots after dinner! The staff on our wedding day were dressed to impress and kind to all of our guests. Overall just a really great experience with these guys and would recommended them to everyone! Thank you!

Sent on 07/16/2017

They are very professional and know how to make you feel welcome. They also meet your needs and want to make sure your wedding day is special.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Stephanie · Married on 12/17/2016

Chef Jacks was great! All my guests were impressed with not only the food but also the presentation. I had my wedding at The Rotunda, which is owned by Chef Jack's son Eric, and it was great to work this family. We went with a family style dinner that all of our guests loved. Thank you Chef Jacks!!

Sent on 01/17/2017

Sara · Married on 12/02/2016

I cannot speak highly enough of Chef Jack's Catering. We worked with Tony and Candy for our wedding at Best Place, and they were both incredible. Chef Jack's is not the least expensive option, but they are worth every penny. Amazingly delicious food, with friendly and responsive service... best combo imaginable!

Sent on 12/22/2016

We first experienced Chef Jack's level of service at a family members wedding and when it came to our own they were at the top of our list. We were not disappointed- their food is delicious and service impeccable all at a great value. We appreciated that pricing was clear and packages all-inclusive (linens, dinnerware, etc). Tony and Candy were easy to get a hold of, responsive throughout the planning process, and attentive day of! Their event expertise was so helpful in carrying out our vision. Most importantly we've received many compliments from our guests who continue to rave about the food!!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 11/12/2016

We met with a couple different caterers for our wedding, and when we met with Tony from Chef Jack's and tasted their food, there was no question or decision to be made. Their food is fantastic, and they have a wonderful variety of dishes to choose from. They are also incredibly friendly and laid-back. We received so many compliments about the food at our wedding, that I can't even keep track anymore. Food was one of the things that was most important to us for our wedding, and they exceeded our expectations for a caterer. We also worked with Candy. She helped us to coordinate the day-of schedule and make sure that every thing that needed to be taken care of on the day of our wedding was taken care of. Chef Jack's is experienced, friendly and flexible. It's obvious that the quality of the food is very important to them, and they put time and effort into the dishes that they serve to you and your guests.

Sent on 01/03/2017

We love Chef Jacks catering. We were told from our guests it was the best wedding food they have had. My husband and I have been to a lot of weddings and we agree it was the best. The steaks were cooked to perfection. The staff was friendly and helpful. Thanks for making the day so special.

Sent on 02/09/2017

Kelle · Married on 09/24/2016

Wow! I can not say enough put Chef Jack's and the people we worked with. They are phenomenon and I would use them again if I had the chance

Sent on 10/07/2016

Chelsea · Married on 09/24/2016

Tony and Candy from Chef Jack's were absolutely incredible to work with! From our first time meeting at the tasting, to the night of our wedding, we were continually blown away by how friendly and helpful everyone we encountered was. The catering team continually went above and beyond to make sure every detail of our wedding was amazing. The food was delicious. Everyone LOVED it! The ice cream sundae dessert bar was a huge hit! And they took care of all the little details. From set up to clean up to anything else that came up in between (like being handed the groom's keys and wallet minutes before we walked out for the Grand March!) They were absolutely amazing!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Morgan · Married on 09/24/2016

The staff, food and service was nothing less than perfection! Everyone raved about the food and quality of service the wait staff provided. We couldn't imagine having any other caterer at our wedding! You will not go wrong in choosing Chef Jack's!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Ali · Married on 08/27/2016

We got married in August and Chef Jacks was our caterer. We are so incredibly happy with their service and our experience with them that it's difficult to put into words. After the first tasting it was obvious we needed them as our caterer. It was by far the best food we had tried. They were incredibly easy to work with throughout the rest of the planning process and helped me finalize plans with other vendors to make sure the day would run smoothly. The staff blew my husband and I away the day of the wedding. They showed up early, unloaded their truck incredibly quickly, and got to work immediately in the kitchen. The staff was professionally dressed and it was obvious everyone had been trained really well. The food was just as good as we remembered it from our tasting and all of our guests kept raving about it, even those that have gotten married before, and our chef friends. That same night my parents had to clean up the barn since we brought in a lot of our own items, and the staff from Chef Jacks stayed to help them get everything out and load their vehicles. They were amazing!! My parents were so happy they helped them out. Cannot say enough good things about their service or their food. If you're debating on getting them as your caterer, you definitely should.

Sent on 09/24/2016

Leah · Married on 08/20/2016

You would be silly not to book Chef Jack's Catering! My husband and I knew Chef Jack's was for us not even 5 minutes into the tasting. Not only was the food at the tasting absolutely delicious but Tony was extremely friendly. After we booked Chef Jack's the entire team was super helpful and very responsive to my many e-mails. When my husband and I met with Candy to discuss the details she had all of the answers for us down to napkin colors - her knowledge of what to do is invaluable. Last, but certainly not least, the food on the day of was phenomenal - we received SO MANY compliments about how tasty the food was! We did passed appetizers and a plated dinner and I loved how professional the waitstaff were - it made the entire evening feel that much fancier and formal.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Kathy · Married on 07/30/2016

There is a reason for their phenomenal rating. Fun to work with, delicious food, fabulous service and no hidden costs. I am so glad I did not have to hire a wedding planner as that is so expensive. There was absolutely no need. They easily moved the guests from place to place. Not sure how they do it. They know the timing and the evening went like clock work. I hired them for my daughter's wedding and I got to enjoy the entire evening without a worry. I would not even consider another catering service, they were that good.

Sent on 08/03/2016