Chef Jack's Catering Reviews

Chef Jack's Catering 7
  • Brittany

Brittany · Getting married on 06/20/2020

Incredible Staff!

As a wedding planner, it is so important that the catering staff hired is tuned in to make my clients day seamless! Chef Jack's staff (Sandy included) did just that! After an incredibly fast room flip at the Atrium in Shorewood, their team got the tables set and ready to go ahead of schedule. The food was hot and everyone raved about all of the courses! I cannot wait to work with Chef Jack's again!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 09/14/2019

Delicious, Hot, Friendly and Quick

Having a sit down dinner with over 200 quests is tricky enough but when you add a vegan meal along with gluten free to the guests it becomes challenging! Chef Jack did such an amazing job!..Our guests raved to us about the food and the professionalism of the staff. Oh yes we cannot forget about the Appetizers..So happy we choose them to cater my Daughters Wedding

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely Wonderful!

They made everything the day of our wedding so smooth and easy! They were very responsive to any emails we sent or requests we made. The staff there was absolutely wonderful to work with! On a more important note their food is amazing! We had so many guests come up to us and compliment us on the food and say it was the best wedding food they had every had! We highly recommend choosing Chef Jacks!!!

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor Huso · Married on 08/31/2019

Delicious! Best Wedding food I have ever had!

Chef Jack's was amazing to work with! They were very thorough, and their staff was very professional. Their food is AMAZING. I cannot stress this enough. It tasted the same on the night of the wedding as it did on our initial tasting. All of my guests continuously told me that it was the best food that they had ever had at a wedding. Not only was it delicious, but it was beautifully plated and displayed! I would definitely recommend them for any event or party! (Photos by Spottswood Photography LLC)

Sent on 09/16/2019
    Chef Jack's Catering 8
    Chef Jack's Catering 9
    Chef Jack's Catering 10
    Chef Jack's Catering 11
  • Samantha

Samantha Kailas · Married on 07/20/2019

Incredible from Start to Finish

We knew we wanted Chef Jack's as our caterer as soon as we started planning our wedding. Their service, attention to detail, and accuracy was impressive. They think of every possible thing so you just have to make the decisions, and they will also do special requests for pretty much everything. You feel catered to as an individual, not just as a group. Our cocktail hour and bar service was outstanding. There were plenty of hors d'oeuvres passed around. We were able to request special brands of liquor and mixers, his and hers drinks, and Cava for our toast. Their variety of dining set ups and meal options is great since we had several guests who are gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan. They will also make exceptions or adjustments to individual meals for food allergies or preferences. Chef Jack's made one wedge salad for my grandfather who dislikes mesclun greens. The tasting before is fun, too! We received so many compliments from our guests. No one left hungry that's for sure. Chef Jack's is worth every penny and we cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Clare

Fitz · Married on 07/19/2019

Wonderful Caterer!

I cannot recommend Chef Jack's enough! They were super flexible and amazing to work with. We had a few random dietary requests from people and Chef Jack's was very accommodating. They were also happy to assist our venue as much as possible. I could tell our venue was thrilled when we told them that Chef Jack's was our caterer. They go above and beyond. Everyone on their team is very professional and kind. They answered all of my questions very promptly and always made us feel like a priority. Our tasting with them was awesome and that type of attentiveness and friendly service was showcased at our wedding. I love that they offer complimentary Bailey's shots to everyone. It was such a fun touch! Definitely recommend Chef Jacks!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Mandy · Married on 07/13/2019

Catering for Wedding

We worked with Toni, Candy, and Elaine specifically at Chef Jacks, however the entire team was nothing less than amazing. So professional, helpful, friendly, and easy to work with from setting up the food tasting, to the actual tasting, as well as the day of wedding!
    The food here is delicious: some guests commented it is the best wedding food they’ve had! Everyone was served within 16 minutes, so no one was waiting long to eat.
    The pricing is so reasonable for the amount of food you get!
    I will definitely be using them in the future for any large event or party!

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 07/13/2019

Delicious food, fantastic service

We heard nothing but awesome feedback about the food and the staff. A particular guest was appreciative of the fresh butter, rather than butter packets. Two vegan guests reported that it was one of the best they have had at a wedding! I saw very few plates with leftovers!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing quality, flavor and incredible service

If you're looking for amazing quality and incredible service, you're in the right place.

We absolutely loved the experience of working with this caterer. The team made not only the planning process seamless and fun, the creative menu and flavor combinations are incredible but they also truly understand how to bring a vision to life on any budget.

Words cannot say enough wonderful things about Chef Jacks!

Sent on 09/06/2019
    Chef Jack's Catering 12
    Chef Jack's Catering 13
    Chef Jack's Catering 14

Jess · Married on 10/20/2018

Chef Jack’s provided delicious food!

Chef Jack’s provided delicious food and a unique experience with chef stations for our wedding!

Candy ran our event, and she was a pleasure though the whole process. Very prompt with her replies, accommodating with any of our requests, eased any worries and was helpful with anything and everything. Even beyond the food! She truly wanted us to have the perfect day! And come the day you can tell she has done this once or twice (wink). The staff was flowing around the room like a dance, everything looked perfect, she checked in with us to make sure everything looked as we had envisioned and I was also touched she brought us food to make sure we were able to eat since she “knew we wouldn’t sit down”. How thoughtful!

So on to the most important thing… the FOOD! The food at our wedding was even better than at the tasting! Everything was phenomenal and guests are still talking about it! (Specifically the pear quesadilla and the Mediterranean station).

Thank you Candy and team for letting us relax and trust all would be taken care of. Thank you for the most delicious food we could have ever hoped for on our wedding day and making us and our guests feel special.

We absolutely recommend Chef Jack’s for your wedding and any event you may be looking to get catered. You will be in good hands!

Sent on 01/04/2019
  • Tyler

Tyler Wilson · Married on 10/19/2018

Best food and service

We used Chef Jacks for our October wedding (180 guests) at The Atrium and they absolutely knocked it out of the ballpark! We worked with Candy, who was extremely helpful throughout the whole process. We were able to customize everything from our table linens/napkins, to our appetizers for cocktail hour as well as our buffet package. Every appetizer is to die for, and their dinner entrees speak for themselves.. AMAZING! If there is one thing you do right on your wedding day, make it the food, and make it Chef Jacks. We are still having guests tell us how amazing all the food was and how great all the catering staff was! We highly recommend Chef Jacks for any of your catering needs.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Lori · Married on 06/16/2018

Can not say enough about how amazing the food is! Chef Jack's was incredibly easy to work with and so many of our wedding guests raved about the food! Everything tasted incredible and the presentation was absolutely beautiful. Highly recommended! Thank you for helping to make our wedding last weekend a dream come true! ~The Garrity's

Sent on 06/25/2018

Katie · Married on 06/16/2018

Chef Jack's was the best caterer that we could have chosen. We had done tastings at 8 different catering locations and Chef Jack's was our top pick by a mile - no other caterer can compare. We did bump our food budget up a little bit to have Chef jack's but it was well worth it. All of our guests loved the appetizers and the dinner was melt in your mouth delicious. Right when they arrived at our venue, immediately Chef Jack's staff started setting up the tables and getting the food prepared. They did everything in the background while I was able to continue getting ready and enjoy the day. The quality of service we received was wonderful; I would definitely recommend Chef Jack's to anyone looking for a caterer.

Sent on 08/11/2018

stacy · Married on 05/11/2018

Chef Jack’s catered a cocktail hour and sit down dinner for my daughter’s wedding in July 2018. We are foodie snobs and have attended quite a few elegant affairs as we live in the suburbs of Washington, DC. Needless to say, our standards are extremely high.

From the first telephone call to the wedding reception, Chef Jack’s has been exceptional. Candy and Tony were very quick to answer questions. Attention to detail is one of the most important aspects of catering. Candy put me at ease time and time again answering my questions and I knew I was in good hands. Candy even made a restrictive plate within a few hours of the event even though it wasn’t ordered previously. Working with Candy was like working with one of my best friends.

The hors d’oeuvres set the tone for a fabulous dining experience. Not only were they visually beautiful, but they tasted as if you were dining from at a fine restaurant. Many guests stopped me that night, and after talking about the ceremony had to tell me right then that the hors d’oeuvres were absolutely delicious and they couldn’t wait to see and taste the dinner. The seated dinner did not disappoint and began with a beautiful presentation of a papaya salad in a martini glass. The dinner was exceptional with the innovative food, quality, and design. The service throughout the evening was outstanding.

It’s now days past the wedding, and the guests continue to talk about the food. Thank you Candy and Chef Jack’s for making the evening distinctive.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Taylor · Married on 05/05/2018

We have not stopped getting compliments on our caterer from the big day! All of the food was delicious and Chef Jack's was very accommodating and helpful to prepare for our celebration!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Elise · Married on 09/23/2017

Chef Jacks was very easy to work with and we are still receiving complements on our wedding food! Highly recommend for any event! Thank you!

Sent on 09/29/2017
  • mkebride

Kristen · Married on 09/23/2017

Chef Jack's was amazing! There food was delicious, their staff amazing, and the planning process a breeze. They helped us with rentals at our venue and that process was so easy. Candy was great to work with and helped us so much to plan the perfect day. I have gotten so many compliments on the food at our wedding. They are a step above every caterer we tried or any wedding food I've had. Things went so smoothly because they are such a wonderful company and so professional. I was worried that turning in our final numbers and figuring out all the final details would be tough, but Candy made it easy and was super helpful. Thank you for everything - it was awesome!

Sent on 10/02/2017

david · Married on 09/09/2017

my wife and i were photographing a wedding at Dover, which was catered by Chef Jack's - as wedding photographers, we have never felt so considered and looked out for by another vendor. one member of the extremely friendly staff even made plates of appetizers for all of us other vendors so that we may also enjoy the magic they had provided - i've seen thoughtful caterers bring a plate to the Bride and Groom for the same reason, but never to the photographers and DJs!
    they are food people, with all the warmth that should go along with that - and more!

Sent on 09/11/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2017

I've been to at least 10 weddings in the Milwaukee area and all of the food has been "just ok." When I started planning my big day from >3000 miles away, I was worried I would't be able to find really good food for an affordable price. Chef Jacks was definitely both. The other thing I was worried about is portion size. Chef Jacks was PLENTY of food, and we did a plated dinner! I highly recommend CJs! They did an incredible job, beautifully served and plated, and tasted awesome! Wouldn't have changed anything to make it better! And the Bailey's chocolate shots and the raspberry sauce with our cake....... AH-mazing.

Sent on 10/23/2017
    Chef Jack's Catering 15
    Chef Jack's Catering 16
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 08/19/2017

I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT HOW AMAZING CHEF JACK'S WAS!! I worked directly with Candy and Tony at Chef Jack's and they were fantastic. They were fantastic with helping me setup table decorations. The staff they had the day of my wedding were amazing; they cleaned each decoration they set out, they thoroughly re-wiped down the silverware and checked their cleanliness, cleaned and packaged everything up nicely and were soooo friendly to us and our guest. If that wasn't enough, their food is to die for!! So many of my guests have commented on how delicious the food was and I myself was thrilled to get a good meal after a whole day of getting ready. I highly suggest the chicken en croute! Their appetizers were all so good it was hard to choose and I'm so glad we got the chocolate cordials. Chef Jack's is absolutely amazing. There's a reason a company is able to stay in business for 30+ years!!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Samantha · Married on 05/20/2017

Going into the planning of our wedding we had this perception in our minds of what wedding food tasted like (not great) so it was important to us that we trail ran our potential vendor. We ended up meeting/taste-testing at four local caterers some were great and some mediocre. Chef Jacks was BY FAR the best that we tasted and surprisingly also a really responsible price (we chose to do plated dinners). Their staff were incredibly friendly and straight-forward — there was never a moment where we felt like we were getting ripped off or not being told the full story. They were prompt with their responses and dealt with all of our silly questions with big smiles on their faces. Come our wedding day the food looked and tasted just as good as the day we taste-tested it in their “office”. So many people were talking about how great it was and were beyond excited about the complimentary chocolate shots after dinner! The staff on our wedding day were dressed to impress and kind to all of our guests. Overall just a really great experience with these guys and would recommended them to everyone! Thank you!

Sent on 07/16/2017

They are very professional and know how to make you feel welcome. They also meet your needs and want to make sure your wedding day is special.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Stephanie · Married on 12/17/2016

Chef Jacks was great! All my guests were impressed with not only the food but also the presentation. I had my wedding at The Rotunda, which is owned by Chef Jack's son Eric, and it was great to work this family. We went with a family style dinner that all of our guests loved. Thank you Chef Jacks!!

Sent on 01/17/2017

Sara · Married on 12/02/2016

I cannot speak highly enough of Chef Jack's Catering. We worked with Tony and Candy for our wedding at Best Place, and they were both incredible. Chef Jack's is not the least expensive option, but they are worth every penny. Amazingly delicious food, with friendly and responsive service... best combo imaginable!

Sent on 12/22/2016