Chef By Request Reviews

132 | Lisle, IL

132 Reviews for Chef By Request

Jaime · Married on 07/18/2013

We really enjoyed working with Chef by Request for our wedding. They were very helpful in helping us figure out the perfect menu for our special day that was within our budget. The Chef by Request workers were extremely organized, timely, and polite the day of our event and made sure we (including the bridal party) had everything we needed throughout the reception. I would definitely recommend hiring Chef by Request for your event!

Sent on 01/21/2014

Jackie · Married on 07/12/2013

The wedding was cancelled but your service in planning, tasting and even canceling the event was a positive experience in all areas. I have recommended your catering service and you will be our first choice when a wedding is in our future.

Sent on 01/02/2014

My husband and I got married in July in my parents backyard. Chef by request really catered to all of our custom requests and we couldn't have been happier with the food & service. We chose to go with them because they offered the most amount of food for the most reasonable price & gave us options that really catered to what we were looking for. Danielle, our event planner, was great throughout the whole process-she worked really hard on my pickiness with the contracts & allowed us to do multiple tastings to so we were completely happy with our choices. We had a meeting a few weeks before the wedding & Danielle answered all questions I had and really put my nerves at ease. On the day of everything went flawlessly, from what we could tell at least! They also went out of their way to make the day special for us. The food was amazing & we heard that from guests all night plus there was plenty of it. Some even asked for the descriptions/recipes so they could try and replicate it at home. I highly recommend all of the food we had at our wedding. Our final hors d’oeuvres menu consisted of crab cakes, beef empanadas, mango shrimp spoon, sun-dried tomato tartlets & the rare ahi tuna. For the main meal we had a mixed green plated salad with champagne vinegarette, 2 mains (prime grilled hanger steak with demi glace & the grilled bistro chicken with matre’d butter & 2 sides (chilled roasted bistro potatos with red pepper and blue cheese and tomato & mozzarella caprese) & a vegetarian option of spinach ravioli. They also gave us cheaper options for the band/photographer and created a special kids meal since our ringer bearer had a severe peanut allergy. They were very accommodating and helpful even with the stuff we decided to DIY and provided helpful recommendations. They also provided us bartenders last minute after ours fell through.

I would highly recommend Chef by Request and if we ever need a caterer again we will definitely use them!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Siobhan · event on 06/22/2013

I was very pleased with the whole experience of using Chef by Request from my dinner party. From my first interaction with Katie when planning, to the day of our event. I was impressed by the professionalism and quality of the food. It makes entertaining so much easier when you know things will be taken care of and you can actually enjoy your event!

Nicole · Married on 06/08/2013

We had the best experience working with Katie! They helped us figure out what we wanted and then made it all happen. They also went above and beyond helping with setting up and taking down decor. The food was amazing! We did a pub style buffet everyone loved.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Linda · event on 06/08/2013

Staff was very nice to work with very concerned that I was happy with everything.

Sent on 01/13/2014

Jennifer · event on 03/02/2013

Great to work with! Very helpful, prompt in response. Wonderful food. They were organized and efficient so we could sit back and enjoy the shower without having to worry. Our guests loved it!

Laura · event on 02/25/2013

We have hired Chef by Request to cater our Cub Scout Blue & Gold events for the last couple of years with great success!!! Parents love the food. Kids love the food. Chef by Request shows up on time, set everything up, there is plenty of food for everyone. Several pack parents have hired Chef by Request for their own private and corporate events. I will definitely call again!
    Highly recommend!

• User3775700 · event on 12/12/2012

We found the lobster bisque to be a bit on the salty side but all the other items in our sit down catered dinner ( including appetizers, entree, sides and dessert ) were outstanding!

Camille & Bob · Married on 11/25/2012

We were very pleased wih the food, service and pleasant attitude of the staff - willing to help in all areas.

Sent on 01/13/2014

Melissa · event on 11/24/2012

Amazing food and service. I would use Chef by Request again. All guests complemented food as well. Pricing was fair for Thanksgiving meal.

Sent on 01/03/2014

The coordinator ( unfortunately I do not remember her name) was very responsive, did a great job and I would use them again. I used them for after the wedding ceremony for hor doerves at my home. they did a great set up and the food was delicious.

Amanda · Married on 09/08/2012

The food and service were amazing. Katie is a true gem, I couldn't have pulled off my wedding without her. I got so many compliments on the food and they are very affordable. We had tastings with other caterers and these guys blew everyone away, even ones more expensive. They worked with us on the menu and didn't even flinch when we asked to do a 2nd tasting. Hire these guys and you won't be sorry!

Sent on 10/17/2012
  • User3777887 · event on 09/08/2012

Everyone I spoke with was super helpful. I didn't give them much notice and I made some last minute changes and they did everything possible to accommodate our requests...and the food was great!!

nicole · event on 09/02/2012

The food was amazing and service was perfect!

Kathrine · event on 08/19/2012

The food was unbelievable and the service was impeccable. The staff was very professional and made the party a success.

• User3838870 · event on 07/16/2012

The food was excellent and we hired a server who was outstanding and made it possible for me to enjoy the event. I would not hesitate to have Chef by Request cater another event for me. I received so many positive comments from the people that attended the shower. Everyone enjoyed themselves and the food.

Sent on 01/21/2014

Mary · Married on 06/02/2012

We contacted Chef By Request at a very late date - approx. 3 months before our event. They were patient & thoroughly involved in helping us refine their catering for our garden wedding! The tasting was certainly helpful, and they continued to work with us to tweak every detail till we were 100% sure of our decisions.
    We decided on 3 chef-stations & the final result was fabulous! The unique & high quality meal was applauded by all our guests! We had many guests who were known for their culinary skills & these people made a point of seeking us out to ask about the catering company & complimenting us about the all the food!

Sent on 01/16/2014

Sharon · event on 05/28/2012

Chef by Request made our party a huge success. The food was fantastic. Mr. Rzab did a superb job with set-up, presentation and serving.

Lora · event on 05/16/2012

I also used your catering services for my sons 1st birthday. Fabulous once again. I Will continue to use Chef by Request. Both events were different themed menus and can't wait to experience the rest!
    Ask for Katie, she was professional, personable and thorough.

Sent on 01/03/2014

David was so easy to work with and he made our wedding fabulous! He went above and beyond the typical cater and made us feel like it was the most special day of our lives which it was. We had a really poor florist who did not create the centerpiece that we envisioned so he went and added other features to our tables so that it looked great. He also had a few surprises to our night and made sure that was organize and that we did not have to worry about anything. We always recommend him to people who are getting married in the area

Margaret · event on 01/01/2012

Chef by Request wowed our guests. They were blown away at the food selection, even the cake. We've used them several times, so they send the same servers, another special touch. It made the party so much more enjoyable that I didn't have to worry about the food or restocking it. They even rearranged the food all night so as the amount got smaller, it still looked pretty.

JOANNE · event on 12/09/2011

WE SCHEDULED THIS CATERER VERY CLOSE TO THE EVENT DATE FOR A HOLIDAY OFFICE DINNER PARTY. THEY WERE VERY QUICK TO RESPOND AND WORKED WITH US ON THE MENU TO SELECT THE PERFECT FOOD FOR OUR GROUP. THEY ARRIVED AT OUR HOME 2 HOURS BEFORE THE EVENT, HANDLED ALL THE PREPARATIONS INCLUDING ANTICIPATING MY PREFERENCES. SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT AND FRIENDLY. THE FOOD WAS OUTSTANDING. WE WILL DEFINITELY USE THEM AGAIN.

Brooke · Married on 08/28/2010

I got married at the Danada House in Wheaton, IL and had Chef By Request as my caterers. And let me tell you, they were AWESOME!!! Everyone there was very helpful and responsive. Danielle (who I worked with for my wedding) went above and beyond the call of duty! She even went and stopped at Panera to get everyone bagels the morning of the wedding. The food was delicious, best food I've ever had at a wedding, I had many compliments from guests on how great the food was. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/26/2010

CAROL · Married on 06/12/2010

Our wedding reception was June 12, 2010. We chose Chef By Request after meeting with Danielle, the Chef's coordinator. We explained our expectations and budget, which she assured us they could accomodate. We felt confident in our decision to use Chef by Request as our caterer, but they far exceeded our high standards in every way!

Danielle helped us with table and linen rental from another company, since we chose not hire a wedding coordinator and did all the planning ourselves. A delicious menu was planned that met our budget. It was beautifully presented, tasted amazing, and was talked about among wedding guests for weeks after the wedding. During the wedding the attendents made sure the bathrooms were kept tidy, which we did not expect, they kept us up to date with when dinner was going to be served, when the bar was going to close, when they were done cleaning up, etc. But not to the extent that we were bothered by them, just informed.

We will definately do business with Chef by Request when future family weddings are planned and highly encourage anyone wanting a special dinner to utilize this service. Thanks for a special wedding reception!

Rob and Carol