Chattahoochee Nature Center Reviews

33 Reviews for Chattahoochee Nature Center

• Sarah

Sarah Bomar · Getting married on 07/05/2020

LOVE this place!

The Chattahoochee Nature center is absolutely beautiful! It's affordable, the staff are amazing, and you couldn't ask for a more gorgeous venue near Atlanta. I'd get married there over and over if I could!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Nikki · Married on 05/12/2018

This is the most beautiful venue... I was so happy with how my wedding turned out here! The property is very large and there are several sites to choose from. We had our ceremony in the meadow and the reception at the pavilion on the lake. The entire property is so peaceful.

The venue coordinator, Andrea, was fantastic and very easy to work with. The whole staff was very welcoming.

The only thing I did not love is that there is only one alcohol / bar company you can use here and I was not thrilled with them.

Overall, we are very happy with our wedding experience here and would definitely recommend to anyone looking to have a beautiful outdoor wedding!

Sent on 10/08/2017
  • Z

Zach · Married on 04/29/2017

This location was perfect for us - we loved the ability to have a secluded ceremony and reception all at one place! Guests raved about how beautiful the Pavilion was at night too! Thank you so much to the CNC staff and volunteers for making our day run so smoothly - heat and all! Our wedding had a 'threat' of rain and Andrea helped us find a tent. We ended up lucking out, but the tent overlooking the lake ended up being absolutely stunning!

Sent on 05/14/2017

Holly · Married on 10/01/2016

I am very pleased with my experience at the Chattahoochee Nature Center. Robin was a delight to plan and work with. She walked around the entire property to show us every possible ceremony site for our small and private wedding. I loved her ideas and am very happy with the one we settled on. My fiance and I did a walk through two weeks before our wedding to make sure everything was in place. She was extremely responsive to email and even did a separate walk through with my photographer the week of our wedding.

Sent on 10/06/2016

Chattahoochee Nature Center's reply:

Holly, it was such a pleasure to work with you! Your wedding was simply beautiful and so sweet! The weather was perfect for a crisp fall morning ceremony. I wish you both the sweetest life together!

Amanda · Married on 11/08/2015

We had both our wedding ceremony and reception at the Chattahoochee Nature Center. Not only is it a gorgeous outdoor venue, the Ben Brady Lakeside Pavilion is a great space that's covered so that your guests don't feel like they're unprotected against the elements. Many of the amenities that we needed were also available through the CNC, so we didn't have to worry too much about getting tables and chairs. It's also a wonderful feeling knowing that while we found a great location for our wedding, the money is also going back to a non-profit organization in our local community.

Our wedding was in November and was supposed to be during the driest time of the year, but it decided to be frigid and raining all day. Robin and her staff was able to help coordinate and move the entire ceremony under the pavilion. Our wedding was so beautiful and everyone had so much fun. We really can't thank Robin and her staff at the CNC enough for such a rememberable experience that we'll cherish forever.

Sent on 08/17/2016

Jessika · Married on 05/02/2015

We could not have picked a more perfect venue! We absolutely loved being on the water. The pavilion was perfect for the wedding, dinner and reception!!! Not to mention, it made transportation a snap being all in one place. They even had a perfect little hidden nook that my husband and I were able to grab a quick bite on a small pier hidden away!

Sent on 05/22/2015

Jessika,

Thank you, it was such a pleasure being part of your "big day". I wish you both a lifetime of happiness together.

MaryBeth · Married on 10/11/2014

We couldn't have picked a more perfect venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. Karen at the Nature Center was extremely quick answering any of our questions as well as extremely professional. The entire staff there was always very polite and helpful. The pavilion at the Nature Center is gorgeous - especially in the evening with all the lights! It has an elegant yet casual feel all at the same time. All of our guests have commented over and over what a beautiful venue this was. I would certainly recommend the Nature Center and Karen in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Abby and Martin,
    Thank you for your kind words. It really was a pleasure working with you both. I wish you a lifetime of happiness!
    Karen

Sophia · Married on 08/08/2014

I gave this wonderful/beautiful place 5 stars because I absolutley loved getting married here. I wanted a simple quit beautiful wedding next to the lake and that's what I got. Karen was super friendly and helpful and she chose the perfect place for my wedding. She closed off a trail that leads to a sitting area looking off at the lake. She even put signs up for me and bench covers and even trimmed trees for us!!! I totally recommend the wonderful place! Oh and don't forget! You can even look at the cute little animals!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Sophia,

Thanks for your kind words. It was such a pleasure working with you as well. I wish you and your family all the best.

We had a wonderful wedding celebration party with friends and family on the greenroof. Karen was friendly, fun, and accommodating. We enjoyed every moment of our celebration.

Sent on 07/05/2014
  • User3720385 · 2+ years ago

Excellent experience working with Karen. Our wedding at the Chattahoochee Nature Center was perfect from beginning to end.

Sent on 12/06/2013

We were extremely happy with the service that we received from CNC and in particular, Karen Kuhlke. The week of my sister's wedding my father was hospitalized and Karen was beyond helpful. She stayed in contact with all of our vendors and made sure that everyone was on the same page. She provided them with specific details on delivery times and her contact information in case anyone had questions.

The day of the wedding our caterer showed up 3 hours late and 15 minutes AFTER the ceremony was scheduled to start. When Karen noticed that the caterer was not there at the scheduled time she contacted the vendor and maintained contact until the caterer finally arrived. Once the caterer arrived they were beyond disorganized. Karen went above and beyond her job and coached the event lead from the catering company on set up. Without her assistance we probably would not have had any food to serve our guest.

The entire staff at the CNC is extremely helpful and experienced which is crucial to your wedding being a success. I highly recommend the CNC for your wedding.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Chattahoochee Nature Center's reply:

Thank you for your kind words and I was delighted to see your father at the wedding.

This is one of the reasons we, and many other venues, have preferred caterers.

K · Married on 10/05/2013

We had a perfect wedding ceremony and reception at the Chattahoochee Nature Center. Thank you so much for making our day so special!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Karen and the entire crew went above and beyond, answering all my questions, recommending vendors, and setting up our event. Our wedding was stunning, and for half of what most 'event facilities' in the area were asking.

Sent on 10/23/2013

The staff at the CNC were wonderful, throughout the entire planning process. If you want a beautiful outdoor wedding in GA book the CNC. Not only is the setting great, but you'll be supporting a wonderful nonprof organization that does so much for the community!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Begin by imagining compassion in your heart. Start with nature and a love for a beautiful day that only it can bring to you. Then imagine a group of people dedicated to preserving and sharing that environment with you. Imagine a field that opens into that day where you have the moment that puts all moments into their proper perspective - the present. And after you exchange your vows and hear the best words you can hear - "I do," you walk down to a pavilion on the water where the sun is setting and all of the people who love you and your wife watch the sun set and a night of the best festivities begins.

Through all of this, I had no worries, no distractions, only joy. Karen Kuhlke - the venue manager and her outstanding staff, had so much to do with that. She is one of the kindest most patient and caring people. Weddings aren't easy. There's stress, especially about perfection (although your bride's presence takes care of that in one moment), but through all of the logistics from rehearsal, set-up to breakdown and all the coordination in between, Karen was there.

The Chattahoochee Nature Center provided great facilities for the bridal suite and a gymnasium for the groomsmen. Trust me groom and groomsmen - that's a great place to get ready. It really is. For the bride and bridesmaids - there's plenty of space for getting ready (and staying tucked away from the groom - but not too far away). And for kids coming to the wedding, the Nature center remains open and it's a lot of fun for them.

And to remember it all, they engrave a stone with you and your spouse's name and a personal message. We'll always be back. We'll never forget it. Thanks Karen! Thanks Chattahoochee Nature Center!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Chattahoochee Nature Center's reply:

What a lucky bride! Not only was her husband good looking - but he can write too!
  • User3219598 · 2+ years ago

My daughter's wedding was beautiful and everyone loved it . Karen Kuhlke , the vendor sales manager at the center did an exceptional job . She is pleasant , hard working and great organizer . She matches the goodness of the center . The pictures are beyond beautiful and with the greenery we didn't need a lot of flowers . I recommend the center to anyone that is looking for a unique wedding .

Sent on 07/04/2013

I was so pleasantly surprised with how much assistance the personnel assisted with vendor coordination and setting up!They were amazing. I never waited more than a 24 hrs (usually only a few hrs) for a response to any question I ever had. I changed the wedding ceremony site a couple of times and Karen went with the flow and let us have our vision. I literally had planned every little detail of our ceremony and reception and my vision for our day had come to full fruition at the CNC! We had 160-170 guests and plenty of room for fun, food and dancing. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 06/18/2013
  • Aly

Aly · Married on 04/27/2013

There is absolutely nothing negative to say about the staff at the Chattahoochee Nature Center and the venue overall. Everyone worked their hardest to make sure that our wedding was the most spectacular event we could ever imagine. The forecast was not great for our day, and the staff was totally prepared for the rain should it have come and really worked with us to make sure we could still have everything the way we envisioned. Thankfully the rain did hold off and the ceremony happened and the meadow as planned and the tent I rented last minute was just there for looks! At the end of the night, we had some people waiting around to leave and the staff people were so nice and understanding, did not kick anyone out or really even seem bothered that we were there a little later than planned. I would truly recommend this venue if you are looking for a unique, outdoor wedding venue.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Carrie · Married on 10/06/2012

Karen at the Chattahoochee Nature Center was great to work with in planning my wedding! She made herself available over email, phone or in person as needed. She is knowledgeable and helpful! I loved that my guests were able to see some of the best that Roswell has to offer in the CNC.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Christine · Married on 04/21/2012

We almost forgot to check out The Chattahoochee Nature Center. That would have been a huge mistake. It was love at first sight and we knew that we had found our venue the minute we stepped on the grounds. It is the most perfect place if you are looking for a natural outdoor setting. Not only can you embrace the beauty of the outdoors but you can incorporate it into your decor and ideas. We held our reception at the Bill Brady Pavilion and also held our ceremony under the mature oak tree on top the hill. It was beyond perfect, a one-stop destination that morphed from a dreamland on beautiful spring day to a fantasy world with a nighttime star-lit canopy overhead. Our wedding turned out to be all that we had dreamed of. The staff at CNC was amazing and exceptionally helpful in making our dream a reality.

Sent on 12/21/2012

Talorey · Getting married on 03/20/2020

Sweet location

Very lovely location. Staff warm and friendly. Venues allows a lot for ones imagination.

Sent on 08/05/2019

Melissa · Married on 06/13/2015

The most perfect place I could have chosen as my wedding venue! The pavilion was beautiful at night, and our guests enjoyed walking through the gardens before the ceremony (much to my chagrin as we were taking pictures). It is a unique venue, and I love that our money goes back into the community.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Abby · Married on 11/01/2014

My husband and I had our wedding reception at CNC last month and could not have been happier with the planning process, service and location. What initially drew us to the nature center was the setting. We're outdoorsy people and loved the outdoor setting that wasn't overly rustic but wasn't over the top either. The pavilion next to the pond, the fireplace, the café lights... it fit us perfectly! The price was very reasonable compared to other venues we looked into as well with fewer vendor restrictions.

From our first visit to our wedding day, Karen, the event coordinator at the center, brought much needed organization and calm to our day. She suggested rental companies, checked in periodically about organizing a walk through, allowed us to visit with family to see the venue whenever we wanted and always had a prompt answer to our questions.

The day before and day of our wedding day turned pretty chaotic when the predicted high temp (65 degrees earlier in the week with highs in the 80s just days before) dropped to just 40 degrees with 30mph winds. After being in touch with myself and my family regarding tent rentals, draping, heaters, whatever we could do to save the atmosphere and keep our guests happy, Karen ended up spearheading a CNC first by helping move our reception inside at the last minute. She kept communication with vendors going, stayed for the entire reception to make sure things went smoothly and was there again the next morning when we went back to pick up some of our decorations. Overall, we were astounded by her commitment to make our wedding day a great celebration and extremely pleased with the Chattahoochee Nature Center as a reception venue.

Pros:beautiful nature setting, fair pricing, various catering options, can bring in own alcohol, highly organized and flexible staff

Cons: need for multiple vendors, earlier closing hours than some other venues, difficult to plan for inclement weather

Sent on 12/23/2014

Our wedding day was very special. We planned to get married outdoors. However, the weather forecast showed rain foe our big day. It was stresful with the rain and all, but Karen had a plan B for us. In the end, it all worked out perfectly! We ended up getting married at the pavilion and it was beautiful.
    Big thank you Karen for working with us.
    The Chattahooche Nature Center is beautiful place to get married. I knew this was our venue from the first time I read about it online.

Sent on 12/08/2014

Chattahoochee Nature Center's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We always have plan "B" for weddings. I'm so glad it worked out even better than your original wedding plan! Which was pretty awesome on its own.

Jessika · Married on 10/12/2014

This was a wonderful experience for my husband and I. Karen was very professional and helpful. She recommended vendors for us... Talk of the Town is highly recommended, great food and timely! The Pavilion is amazing at night, beautiful lights and drapery. This was definitely a memorable experience. This is the perfect Fall Venue... All the trees changing colors, perfect temperature, no mosquitoes... just perfect.

Sent on 03/16/2015

Chattahoochee Nature Center's reply:

Thank you for such a great review. I agree October is the absolute best time of year to have a wedding here! Great fall colors, little chance of rain, warm weather, not too hot, and lots of candlelight. Absolutely perfect!