Chasing Light | Photo & Video Reviews

41 | Oceanside, CA

41 Reviews for Chasing Light | Photo & Video

• T. Mindy

T. Mindy H. · Getting married on 01/07/2022

An amazing adventure in the time of Corona

The hype is real! If you are on the fence about hiring Russ, do not hesitate and you will not be disappointed. Since we ended up canceling our wedding because of the pandemic, we ended up asking him if we can hire him for an elopement video and photo session on the date of our original wedding, to which he heartily agreed to do. In the end, we ended up having no regrets and had an incredible adventure with Russ driving up and down the coast in an event that lasted almost two days. Russ had worked so hard, planning every single stop, incorporating our own story in every photo and even included our dog in some of the shots. Initially, we had felt so disheartened that we wouldn't be able to spend the day with our family and loved ones on our special day, but honestly, after spending those two days with Russ (and seeing the final photos and video), we decided that, given the circumstances, we wouldn't have had it any other way. We are so incredibly happy with the end result of the photos and especially the video - I could not recommend Russ enough, as a talented photo videographer, but also just as a compassionate, kind human being. If you are looking for someone who will go above and beyond for amazing photos, look no further than Chasing Light!

Sent on 12/20/2020
  • Celine

Celine · Getting married on 10/09/2021

Absolutely amazing and the proof is in the pudding!

Russ and Clara are a dream team! Russ did my engagement photos which came out AMAZING and Clara did my wedding photos while Russ video-graphed my wedding and everything came out perfect. The quality of the photos that I recieved are indescribable and truly captured all the moments of my wedding. I will have these for my whole life and I know I made the right choice choosing them for these photos! They are extremely professional, hard working, amazing individuals and as a team they are unstoppable. They worked quickly and efficiently to maximize the use of the property and the lighting to give me the best photos I could have ever hoped for. You cannot go wrong with this dream team.

Sent on 10/28/2020

Crystal P. · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Amazing photographer!!

Words cannot express how grateful my husband and I are with our experience with Russ and his wife. They were very kind and humble people that made the experience fun! Russ is very particular with the lighting which made all our photos come out phenomenal. We are really happy with our engagement photos, wedding photos and our video. Thank you Russ for great work! Look no further and HIRE HIM now!

Sent on 04/20/2019

Taylor V. · Married on 02/26/2021

Effortless, classic and absolutely stress free!

Chasing Light exceeded all my expectations! They were an absolute delight to work with. Russ did our engagement & wedding photos and wedding videography. Our photos came back in less than 2 weeks and our video in less than a month! From changing our wedding venue and date due to covid to helping me map out a schedule for the wedding day, everything was well organized and stress free in working with Russ. He took the reigns on getting a variety of shots, finding the perfect locations to shoot, giving direction and making them look effortless and classic. A.k.a. He made my husband and I look like models and we are usually so awkward in front of a camera. Lol. He made shooting so easy and relaxed. I will treasure my wedding photos and video forever. Chasing Light is so incredibly talented, the video was absolutely amazing work and represented our wedding day so perfectly in order to share with family and friends who were not able to come to the wedding due to the pandemic. That was a request that was high on my list, and chasing light delivered more than I could’ve asked for. If you’re debating on a wedding photographer- look no further!! Thank you for everything Russ!!

Sent on 03/26/2021
  • Mace

Mace A. · Married on 02/03/2021

Blown away!

Russ and Clara are simply amazing. They go above and beyond what's expected of them as photographers/videographers. Not only did they make us feel extremely comfortable (we're not avid picture takers) but they captured the wedding, the vibe, and our love perfectly! On top of all that, they're such awesome people. You'll feel so relaxed around them and they're true professionals. Russ was the one who put my veil in perfectly when no one else knew how.

The video they created is especially incredible. I've watched it several times over and am obsessed. It really captures the whole day and the feeling of that day in 7 minutes, which is the PERFECT length.

On top of the great photos and amazing video, they got it all back to us in a crazy amount of time. It was around 10 days for the photos and 3 weeks for the video. I have friends who wait MONTHS for their photos/video. I am just blown away.

We already recommended Russ and Clara to two of our other friends getting married. You sincerely won't be disappointed, I promise!

Sent on 04/06/2020

Annie A. · Married on 01/09/2021

Amazing Elopement Photoshoot

Had a great time doing an elopement destination shoot with Russ in Big Sur. The photos came out super amazing and we will cherish these photos forever. Russ helped guide us on how to pose and gave us tips on what looks good on camera.

What is also unique about him is that in addition to digital photos, he takes photos on film as well.

We are overall super pleased with all of our photos. We also super appreciate him driving all the way from SD to Big Sur to do the photoshoot at no extra cost. We definitely recommend him!

Sent on 01/23/2021

Megan L. · Married on 12/12/2020

Best Photo/Video Team Ever!

Chasing Light were literally a dream to work with from start to finish. We interviewed several photographers and they instantly felt like the right fit for my Husband and I. They were flexible in rescheduling our engagement shoot when the pandemic hit and the location we ended up choosing together was perfect when our original location ended up closing. They answered every one of my seemingly endless questions and helped put together the perfect day of timeline. The entire bridal party felt so comfortable and well lead on our Wedding day. They gave direction well and kept us on track while laughing right along side us during some of our shenanigans. The photos themselves captured my Husband and I perfectly and was an excellent representation of our big day. We received amazing quality and quantity of photos just 10 days after our wedding which took place right around Christmas time which was such a pleasant surprise!! And the video was the icing on the cake! It’s the one thing I wouldn’t go without and will recommend to all of my friends getting married in the future. The music selection for the audio was perfect, it was just the right length and captured all of the best moments! The quality and variety of shots in our video went beyond my expectations! Seriously having Chasing Light capture our big day was the best decision ever and I will be recommending them to all my friends and family and hope to work with them again in the future!

Sent on 02/06/2021
  • Tehani

Tehani H. · Married on 12/11/2020

Best Wedding Photo and Video Combo

I am in awe of how incredible our wedding photos turned out! Clara and Russ captured the most incredible details that had me in laughing and crying all over again. The most perfect moments were captured and it was so great to be able to relive these moments. Clara and Russ made us feel so comfortable and made the photos fun. The video we got from Russ was so incredible, all my family and friends could not stop commenting on how clear/crisp the video was. It was truly beautiful and you could feel the emotions through the video. We are so lucky Clara and Russ were a part of our day and making it special!

Sent on 12/03/2020

Katie V. · Married on 11/29/2020

Amazing team!

Russ and Clara were wonderful to work with! From the time we booked with them, to our engagement photos, to changing venues due to the pandemic, they worked graciously with us throughout the entire process! They were so fun to work with the day of and out photos/ video turned our perfect! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 01/29/2021
  • Libby

Libby L. · Married on 11/07/2020

Beautiful work!

BEAUTIFUL WORK! We are so thankful for Russ and Clara, who stuck with us through planning a wedding during the pandemic. The photos turned out beautiful, and I love how many detail shots we got (because the day flies by and you just don’t have enough time to soak up the little things like cursive names on the plates and twinkling lights on the trees). I love that we can look back and appreciate all of the hard work we put into our wedding. The tone, the colors, all turned out the way we wanted as well, and are very happy with how classic our photos turned out! This couple is talented, kind, and professional. My only mistake? Not giving them enough time to get group photos (of the bridal party and family), I wish I would have scheduled everything for an hour earlier, so do yourself a favor and take my advice! If it means starting hair at 7 am instead of 8 am, it’s worth it, I promise!

Sent on 03/09/2021

Billy · Married on 10/29/2020

highly recommend

For the first time in my life, I am writing comment to share my experience. I do want to share this time because Chasing Light is amaaazing!!! I seriously cannot say enough wonderful things about Russ and Clara! I had sooo many version of plans but Russ was continually supporting and helping - we even changed the shooting locations two days before the elopement date due to the weather. Russ and Clara made us, who don't know where to put hands in front of cameras, feel so comfortable and relaxed during the shoot. The most important thing is that Russ is super good at chasing the light! In the raw footage, the light of the video is already stunning!!! We can't wait to see our video/photos!!!! Could not recommend enough! You won’t be disappointed :)

Sent on 11/01/2020

Bill D. · Married on 10/17/2020

Engagement

Wow!! The pictures we received are priceless! Russ is amazing - highly recommend!! I will not trust anyone else to do our wedding!

Sent on 10/21/2020

Kelly · Married on 10/10/2020

I cannot recommend Chasing Light enough!

I cannot recommend Chasing Light enough! My now husband and I have always felt awkward in front of the camera, but Russ made the whole process feel natural. We still can’t believe how gorgeous the pictures are. They really captured the feeling of our big day. Also, they got our pictures to us in less than two weeks after the wedding, which is beyond amazing. Pictures are one of the most important parts of your wedding and you can trust Chasing Light to capture your day perfectly.

Sent on 10/30/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha J. · Married on 10/03/2020

Book them ASAP!

I booked with Chasing Light for my wedding in Temecula in August 2020 and am SO HAPPY with that decision. The package we chose includes engagement photos, and photos/highlight video at our wedding, and was very reasonably priced for the quality of their work. We had the engagement photo shoot last weekend - Russ made us feel comfortable, was very motivating, and just a great guy! He got back to us with the edited versions within a week and we are blown away! He has a fantastic eye and finds the perfect light. We can't say enough great things about Chasing Light and look forward to working with Russ again in August!

Sent on 03/01/2020
  • Angelique

Angelique · Married on 10/01/2020

Truly the best experience we’ve had!

We are over the moon happy working with Chasing Light! A beautiful family based company that actually cares and goes above and beyond for their clients! They are truly the best! Will definitely be booking through them for all future photos / video! Thank you chasing light!

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Faith

Faith F. · Married on 09/26/2020

Awesome Company! Book them now!!

Honestly do not look any further! These guys (and gal) are amazing to work with! There photos and videos bring you back to all the feels you and your husband had that day at that EXACT moment in time! They are so easy to work with, so helpful, and so friendly!! Also their pricing is so competitive and if you give them your budget my experience was they did everything in their power to get you what you want in your budget, which not a lot of people did! I can’t wait to use them again for another special occasion!!

Sent on 11/10/2020
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 09/19/2020

Best Decision Ever!

We decided to hire Chasing Light after seeing the rave reviews and looking through their previous work (all of which is incredible). Their style and vibe was exactly what I was looking for. Little did I know that would be the understatement of the year. Our engagement photos were stunning and I had no idea it could get better, until today. We received our wedding photos and my jaw is on the floor. They captured the magic of our wedding day in still photos, which I didn't even know was possible. On the day of, Russ and Clara were so amazing. They were so calm and helped us relax and have so much fun, all while getting stunning, magazine worthy photos. I want to do it all over again, purely so we can work with you again and get more amazing photos :) We also had them shoot our wedding video and it’s amazing. It felt like we were right back to our wedding day, all of those feelings and emotions came flooding back when watching it. It’s amazing to have “live” memories to look back on! Thank you for being a part of our special day and giving us the most amazing memories we will look back on and cherish for a lifetime!

Sent on 10/02/2020
  • Vivian

Vivian · Married on 08/14/2020

No light, No problem

So far my fiance and I have only had an engagement session with Russ, but it was great! We live in Northern California so we tried to schedule him on kind of short notice while we were visiting Southern California and he was nice enough to accommodate us. He was hesitant at first because the day was overcast and gave us the chance to change our session if we wanted to, but we had no other plans to visit SoCal in the near future. Despite the fact that we were not "Chasing Light" due to the weather, our photos came out really great! He was very nice, very clear with direction (for those of us that don't know what the F we are doing), funny, personable and had that all-around chill SoCal vibe with some serious style (awesome hat!). I'm looking forward to the team capturing our wedding photo/video in August if it still happens amidst this pandemic!

Sent on 05/28/2020
  • Kara

Kara K. · Married on 08/08/2020

Epic photography and videography!

We absolutey loved working with them! They made everything so easy and fun. Their professionalism and their work are outstanding. I truly can't say enough amazing things about our photos and wedding video. I can't stop looking at the pictures and watching the video!

Sent on 10/06/2020

Crystal G. · Married on 07/31/2020

The most amazing photos and video!!!

Could not recommend enough! We were in such a bind with Covid. We had no idea what, when, or how to shoot. Russ and Clara were understanding, flexible, and managed to make our last minute elopement look like the wedding of our dreams. Our shots and video are breathtaking. We could not recommend them enough!!! You won’t be disappointed ;).

Sent on 10/18/2020
  • Tonya

Tonya · Married on 07/10/2020

Amazing!

I could go on for days about how amazing chasing light is! Neither my husband or I have ever been shot professionally so we were both sort of nervous for our engagement shoot. Russ directed us so well and it went so smoothly that we got comfortable really fast! Our engagement pictures came out so amazing that I was not an ounce nervous for how our photos would turn out from our big day. We got married on July 10th and things were constantly changing on us because of the pandemic. Chasing light was so understanding and professional. They held another date for us when we thought we might have to postpone and it was never an issue or added stress with them. We got our pictures back a couple weeks ago and I am absolutely in love. I could not have asked for anything better. This week we got our video back and I couldn't be happier. I smiled and cried as we got to relive such a special day. They captured our day perfectly and I am so happy that we booked them. If you are looking for a photographer/videographer, look no further. I promise you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/05/2020
  • Carina

Carina C. · Married on 06/12/2020

Joshua Tree Elopement

We will forever be able to cherish our wedding day, thanks to Chasing Light. Their work speaks for itself. I chose them based on solely their work. They captured every single moment ever so magically. I cannot be any happier with the overall outcome. Every shot seemed so organic and natural. You can feel every bit of emotion by just staring at the photo. On the other hand, the people behind these majestic photos and videos are just quite simply awesome. They are the kind of people you would want to spend your special day with, supporting you, backing you up, and rooting you on! Thank you so much.

Sent on 08/25/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica A. · Married on 05/17/2020

Will hire for two weddings

Russ and Clara are AMAZING!! Not only were our engagement pictures beautiful, but after having to postpone our wedding a few times due to COVID-19, we decided to elope. Russ and Clara were wonderful enough to capture our very special day (following social distancing of course). Not only are they talented, they were also very helpful during our big day, by helping us with our German Shepard, making sure we still had our first dance and were our witness. We are excited to have them shoot our “large” wedding when the times comes! We highly recommend this power couple!!!

Sent on 06/15/2020

Julia M. · Married on 04/01/2020

Couldn't Be Happier!

I seriously cannot say enough wonderful things about the Chasing Light team and the wedding photos and videos they provided! First, they were so flexible and communicative with me coming from out of state and clearly wanted the video and pictures to be what I wanted to capture (rather than what they may have wanted to put on social media or in a portfolio). They gave such clear directions the day of, walking me and everyone else through the schedule and what we were doing next. I didn't have to think at all on the big day! I got the package with the engagement session too which I would highly recommend because you get used to how the photo process goes (especially helpful if you're as awkward as me), introduce you to the photographer (we had Alex), and we ended up with such gorgeous photos! On the wedding day, the videographer and photographer (Alex & Vance) were unobtrusive but always available, catching every little moment. What was super important to me was authentic, genuine moments which they got! They were super accomodating too with trying to get to particular locations that I wanted. I recieved my complete collection of edited photos online within 2 weeks and my 7+ minute video in a month. This was so much quicker than anyone else I've heard of! My only problem was that there were actually too many good photos to choose from which made picking ones to print a challenge. I seriously can't stop looking at my pictures and watching my video over and over again. I've gotten so many compliments too. It couldn't have been more perfect. Thank you so much Russ, Alex, and Vance for all of your help! You were all so helpful, respectful, available, and just a joy to work with! I would recommend you in a heartbeat!

Sent on 02/07/2020
  • Ana

Ana R. · Married on 03/28/2020

Best Wedding Investment

I am so glad that we had Russ and Clara from Chasing light on our team for our wedding. Despite all the covid-19 obstacles we had to dodge, we were able to make our wedding day a possibility. When our other vendors disappeared, Chasing Light continued to call us and make plans and have creative ideas to keep our original wedding date. It was refreshing and fun to work with them. They were the cheerleaders we never knew we would need on our wedding day. If I ever need another photographer and videographer, I would definitely choose them again. Thank you!

Sent on 05/27/2020