53 Reviews for Chase Court

Set Up (2)
Altar/Arches (2)
Dance Floor (1)
53 Chase Court Reviews

'What a beautiful venue!' This was one of the main things our guest repeated to us over and over since the wedding, and we totally agree it really is! David is wonderful and knows his stuff. He was so helpful during the whole planning process and his recommendations were excellent! We can't say enough great things about David and the venue!

Profile Picture Phoebe, 12/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience with Chase Court was absolutely amazing!!!! From our initial phone call with David Egan (the Proprieter/Caretaker of Chase Court) to our final goodbye as we left the day of our wedding we never second guessed our decision to have Chase Court as our venue. Things were thoroughly taken care of for us. If there was ever a question we had David was sure to respond promptly. We also loved the all inclusive nature of Chase Court. David was able to select professionals for every aspect of our special day. Top it all off Chase Court is an oasis in a cement jungle. Beautiful gardens and a gorgeously restored building.
Thank you David for all of your thoughtfulness during the planning process. It truly helped me to relax and be a “go with the flow” bride. Thank you so much for all that you did.

Profile Picture Maribel, 10/8/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Tables, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Set Up

Our wedding at Chase Court was perfect. The venue is a beautiful secret garden in the middle of the city. For our 65 guests, it was the perfect size for our garden ceremony and cocktail hour, followed by dinner and dancing.

The courtyard was a surprise to everyone who attended. No one, even those that were familiar with the neighborhood, knew that such a place existed. We were lucky to have a day with mild temperatures and without rain, and the street noise was minimal. (I was worried about the noise, but on a Saturday afternoon/evening, it was not an issue.)

The inside is just as gorgeous, with the arched doors, wood floors, and tall windows. Although, I was happy I could have my ceremony outside, the indoor atmosphere would have been beautiful in a different way.

Some pluses: Minimal decorations are needed because the venue is gorgeous on its own. The bridal room upstairs is a nice space to do last minute adjustments, take some photos, and also watch from above as your guests arrive. David's list of recommended vendors is valuable - we tried to use vendors exclusively from the list because if David had a comfort level, then we did too. Lots of great photo opportunities: in the garden, the library, the ballroom, the front entrance, the staircase, basically everywhere.

One big plus: David gets things done. He will make your day awesome, by solving problems and making sure what you want is done. If you don't know what you want, he'll tell you what he thinks is best, based on his years of experience. He's very matter-of-fact, and so am I, so it worked well.

Some minuses: It was more than what we wanted to spend. Also, there's a strict timeline of when you can drop off things and clean up. We didn't have a lot of help, so that made it a little difficult for us. But, in the end, it was 100% completely worth it.

Thank you, David and Chase Court, for making our wedding unforgettable!

Profile Picture Cristina, 9/30/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors

David made it possible for us to have our 110 guests fit comfortably in Chase Court's amazing garden and ballroom setting. Our wedding ceremony felt intimate and personal in the sun-kissed garden while our reception fit us with lots of laughter, drinks, and dancing. David's expertise and suggestions of vendors throughout the process made planning fun and easy, which all came together the day of! We still have friends telling us what a wonderful wedding it was! Thank you!

Profile Picture Christine, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

David thank you! Our night was everything we wanted it to be and your beautiful venue was a big part of it! The garden was magical, the history of the place was inspiring and your attention to details and accommodation was greatly appreciated! We didn't have to worry about a thing and were able to enjoy our family, friends and each other. Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Natasha, 6/7/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Incredibly beautiful venue with breath-taking gardens! David, the owner, is very accommodating and helpful. We planned a small wedding of 30-40 people on a Wednesday and he was able to meet our expectations and then some!

Profile Picture Jayna, 5/25/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chase Court was a beautiful venue for my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception. We received many compliments from our guests about how beautiful the building was. David, the owner, is extremely professional and helpful in both the planning phase and on the day of the event. We would highly recommend Chase Court!

Profile Picture User6517426, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chase Court was the perfect venue for our small wedding. Our 97 guests fit perfectly in the ceremony garden and in the ballroom. David, the owner, was extremely helpful during the planning process and at the wedding, He is diligent and does not ignore any detail.

Profile Picture Becca, 6/20/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chase Court is a beautiful location and David was so easy to work with! We had a small wedding (45ppl) and had our reception dinner at a local restaurant. Chase Court's outdoor space was a perfect option for our ceremony.

Profile Picture Genny, 4/25/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We absolutely loved everything about our festive fall wedding at Chase Court! The venue is utterly magnificent on the inside and out. We loved the gothic architecture from the moment we stepped inside the venue for our first viewing and were utterly amazed by the final product! David was an absolute joy to work with. He is helpful, personable, and makes planning a wedding so much easier with his advice and guidance. He was always accessible by phone or email, which was especially helpful since we planned much of our wedding from Chicago. Importantly, David has amazing connections with other exceptional vendors in the city (e.g., The Pantry for catering and Crimson and Clover for flowers), which made us feel like we had an organized team behind us! We can't say enough good things about the venue. Would recommend to all of our friends and family!

Profile Picture Psihogios, 10/25/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Look No Further!! Chase Court is 1 Stop Shopping! EVERYTHING has been thought out for you and your wedding party. David E. has a the BEST vendor list you could ask for regarding superior services. We had our wedding on 3/22/14 and the best word to describe our event was PERFECT! It truly is a magical place - trust us - take a look at their blog and see the pix if you want to see what a great venue Chase Court is for your wedding. We were sold after meeting with David E. and touring the property. David is very candid and hands-on in making your wedding what you desire. We are still hearing comments from our guests regarding the beauty that is Chase Court. We were very fortunate to find someone as caring as David E. - he truly cares in making your wedding come across exactly as you wish. You simply cannot go wrong with Chase Court! (C. Beaulieu & W. Taylor)

Profile Picture Chip, 3/22/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chase Court is a beautiful and unique wedding venue! Not only do we love it, but our guests loved it! David was great with us throughout the entire wedding planning process. He answered all of our questions, was very direct with guidelines & expectations, and made us feel comfortable during a time that can be overwhelming. If you are looking for a beautiful, special Baltimore venue that's not the typical "hotel ballroom" then this is it!

Darene & Ajamu

Profile Picture Darene, 2/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is absolutely gorgeous. It was the first and only venue we toured. It is unique and the building itself is enough decoration and uniqueness to have minimal decor/flowers, etc. If you're looking for a unique and beautiful venue, Chase Court is THE venue.

Profile Picture User3740635, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chase Court is the ultimate location for a fairytale wedding. The building and grounds are stunning. David worked so hard to make everything perfect for our special day.

Profile Picture Andrea, 1/4/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I chose Chase Court for two reasons, it was in Baltimore City and it was beautiful. We both love Baltimore, and I had a significant number of people coming in from out of town, so having the wedding in the city was very important to us. The Chase Court was perfect. It was close to everything (hotel, rehearsal dinner, and downtown and Mt. Vernon attractions), and despite being in the middle of a major metropolitan area it felt secluded. The old architecture was stunning, which made doing the DIY décor a piece of cake. We had a small wedding (63 guests plus myself and my husband) which made the site even more perfect, as it was intimate and not overwhelming. Several people have mentioned that David, the owner, can be a little stiff, but I thought he was nothing but helpful. Having a required caterer list meant we had several to pick from instead of hundreds, and the one we chose was phenomenal. We also used his recommendation for an officiant and could not have been happier. The website is full of information, and the parking and driving directions we linked to our wedding website. He also provided information on obtaining a Baltimore City marriage license. I took most of his suggestions, and though he seemed wary of my desire to DIY he let us go with it anyway (I hope he was pleasantly surprised :) We had a bit of trouble with the handicap accessibility, but that's to be expected from an historic site. Lastly, a bit of advice, if you're getting married in front of the fireplace, turn off the fire after the first dance. I thought the heat was great, but then again I was in a light silk dress and complain whenever it goes below 80 degrees. Be a nice bride and be flexible, other people get hot :)

Profile Picture Anna, 11/2/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What a magical wedding location. I got married at Chase Court in October 2013 in the Garden. It was a small ceremony, followed by a cake and champagne reception. Perfect location/packages for someone on a tight budget or someone who has the cash for a big fancy wedding. Although our wedding day didnt got quite as planned, as my husband had a mini heat stroke literally after we said "I do," it was still the best day ever. David, the owner, was so responsive and flexible. He even allowed us to come back to finish our photos a few weeks later, which we really appreciated!

Profile Picture User2799744, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

David was so wonderful to work it, the venue is BEAUTIFUL.

Profile Picture Jessi, 8/10/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chase Court was the perfect place for us to get married! The intimate garden was beautiful and elegant while keeping to our rustic feel. Working with David was great as well. I would not have changed anything from my wedding day!

Profile Picture Diana, 6/14/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our reception at Chase Court. My husband and I fell absolutely in love with Chase Court withing a minute of setting foot inside. We saw the venue and had originally wanted to get married the last weekend of March but Chase Court was already booked. We moved back the 16th and booked our date immediately.

David is very honest, he does not hold back and if you take your truth with a bit of sugar, David may seem harsh. We were thankful for it.
David's recommendations were great. He was very realistic with our budget and gave us great pointers.

Chase Court is gorgeous, and totally unique. You don't really need to go overboard with decorations because the beauty of the place is enough.

We had 80 people at our reception and the library felt a bit cramped for the cocktail hour, but not so much that it ruined it for anyone. Had it been a bit warmer and people could have floated in and out it would have been great, but the weather isn't something anyone could control.

Our good friends were able to drop off our decorations at 3 pm which gave them plenty of time to make our ceremony. We were thankful for that.

I strongly suggest you make sure all your guest review the parking information on the website, it is fool proof-if you bother to read it.

We loved the look and feel of Chase Court and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for something a bit more special than your average reception venue.

Profile Picture Giuliana, 3/16/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved Chase Court! It's like a little oasis in the middle of Baltimore. The ceremony garden is lovely and the ballroom was perfect for our reception. It was just the right size for our small (60 people) wedding. We had the tables set up in a "U" shape and danced in the middle. And the architecture is so pretty. David is great! I wish I had a reason to have another party there!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 9/22/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

David at Chase Court was a wonderful person to do business with. He is very professional and doesn't leave anything out. Chase Court is beautiful and was the perfect place for our vow renewal.

Profile Picture Dana, 3/30/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chase Court was the most amazing venue for my husband and my wedding!  As soon as I saw the place in person I just knew it was where I wanted to get married.  It looks like a little fairytale secret garden tucked in such a great location close to downtown.  David, the owner of the venue was always helpful, kind and enthusiastic with my husband and I.
The space has two outside areas, both gorgeous.  The first is the entrance garden, a lovely outdoor walkway with tree branches overhead creating a hallway effect.  A blooming tree next to a striking red door and vine covered stone walls complete the picture.  Speaking of pictures, the entrance garden makes for a great spot for some staged pictures of the bride and groom.
I was lucky enough to have 70 degree sunny weather for my march wedding and I was able to get married outside in the equally beautiful ceremony garden.  David was so flexible when a week before my wedding date I realized how nice the weather was going to be and switched my ceremony from being inside to outside!  White chairs set up with a koi pond, a beautiful pedestal for the bride and groom, stone walls really make this a gorgeous space.
Inside there is a foyer, library, ballroom and upstairs a brides room. The brides room was a beautifully decorated and elegant.  I got there an hour before my ceremony and after I checked in on everything being set up spent the rest of my time in the Brides Room with my bridesmaids and it was so fun because the windows were looking out on the ceremony garden so we could watch everyone arriving and getting seated. Downstairs was just as lovely, if not more so.  The foyer, library and ballroom all have beautiful hardwood floors, gothic inspired stained glass windows and classic white walls.  The library is the smaller of the rooms, a good spot to have your bar and hors douves set up and the ballroom is the larger room, where we did dinner and dancing.  We used long tables in a U shape which worked perfectly for our 50 person wedding.  The venue is so gorgepus and speaks for itself so much that you don't need too many decorations.  We had simple hydrangea centerpieces which looked chic and classic.
The location is also great.  Technically, its in Mount Vernon but its sooo close and convenient to downtown.  My guests and I all stayed in a hotel downtown and it was so easy getting back and forth.
Overall, amazing everything here.  Couldn't have found a more perfect venue.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 3/17/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married at Chase Court in December, 2011, and this venue is a great choice, especially for an intimate wedding. Though no longer the parish house of an Episcopal church, there is a definite feel of history and sacredness to it that makes it a good choice for interfaith couples who want more than a hotel wedding. The feel of the place, enhanced by it's gothic architecture, is just marvelous.

Despite what others here have said, we found owner David's "cut-to-the-chase" manner to be refreshing. He certainly knows weddings, and he helped us plan a wedding that was both beautiful and affordable. He tirelessly answered questions and offered advice, might as well have been our wedding planner, too! We were happy to have his involvement - we had a little less than three months to plan our wedding, and David's recommendations were invaluable in helping keep the decision-making process moving ahead briskly but while giving each decision careful consideration.

We used several of his recommended local providers, all a short walk from Chase Court, such as the hotel (Hotel Brexton), wedding supper venue (The Brewer's Art), and even the salon (Zena's). Not having to drive anywhere made for much less stress than dealing with traffic and parking in the city on one's wedding day.

David provided great service with style and high standards, and this was an important factor in our having a beautiful wedding that neither we nor our family and friends will ever forget. I'd much rather work with a venue owner on whose wisdom and taste I can depend than with someone without those qualities who tells their customers what they want to hear. So we say "Thanks David!"

Profile Picture Anita, 12/17/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chase Court is perfect for small vintage weddings! I fell in love with the old gothic style of it immediately and it made our reception look magical! David was also a pleasure to work with. We had a special first dance that required quite a bit of room. He allowed us to visit a couple times to practice and figure out where the best dance spot would be.

Profile Picture Heather, 12/10/11, 6 Reviews